New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Evolution 6.6 - The World

Tempestans Turn Six

Something was wrong. The dead were not dead. Their flesh was rotting, but they still moved. Yet, they did not feel like a Tempestan. They had no electric signature. The three Raijin did not know what to do. The Raijin began burning their dead as an offering to the storm-spirits within their circles.

Meanwhile, those Tempestan who were not hunting or dealing with the strange creatures learned how to build. It was those Tempestan who worked on the stone circles that began to understand the basics of construction.

Spoiler
    Show

+2 Grasping
    +2 Agility
    +1 Sight
    Last edited by Turalisj; 2008-12-23 at 06:10 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Brian, Turn 6

He returns to the mountains after he sees the undead.Umi what have you started?

3. - Top - End - #153
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Alvatsoti, Turn 6

Under attack again, this time by flying-things-that-poke that are grey and sickly-looking, with an odd odor to them. To Alvatsoti, lack of color means death, so they conclude that these creatures are dead and wish to share their dead-ness with the living. But living is better than dead, and more potent acid will fend off the dead and allow the living to prosper.

Spoiler
    Show

+2 Toxin
    +2 Toxic Ranged Attack
    +1 Brain

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Turn Six
    Aephidians

At this point in the Aephidian Timeline, a new born is raised to be a new queen. The hive is clicking and Whirring to the sound of a new ruler, and the queen as of now trains her for rule.
    "K'ill Ki'lik!"
    -New Queen-
    The old queen clicks and whirrs to the hive, and it seems a new life is in the tribe. Their Chitin armor is finally a hereditary Trait in the hive, and they are much more tougher from this advancement. They seem a bit smarter as they now recognize ground, water and air are different entities.

Clicks and Whirrs are actually heard less in the hive as they are no longer needed to hear the edge of the cave, a heatvision-esque pupil are now a common sight in the hive, and the Aephidians can see each other, and they are proud of their size and stature.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zaali, Turn 6

Basic points here, in a rush:

Zaali turn to plants to answers to zombie attack, able to sort of guide plants to grow in a specified way.

Stone axes are able to be mounted on wood now. Linked with wood staves with plants. Poison on axes now deal a mild poison damage. (Botany, stonecrafting, and woodworking all count as technologies behind stone axes now).

On a whole, Zaalian toughness grows because weakest Zaali are killed off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry out for 4 days due to ski trip. I also haven't updated last entry.

Population of Zaali: 116

Brains +1, Botany +2, Toughness +2
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Registry link

Lolita avatar by neoseph7!

Spoiler
    Show

Epic meter: |

6. - Top - End - #156

Brian, Turn 6

He appears on the same island as last time and walks towards a group of Poi.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

The Aephidians simply do not allow the Dead Ones into or around the hive, and they do not eat or kill them. They find this is the easiest way to kill them, or simply enough to not be killed themselves.
    Last edited by Carrion_Humanoid; 2008-12-24 at 09:53 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Zakrull lifted their bodies to the Stars, the Moon, the Sun. But it was no good. the Rotten things still remained. They came at the base of the tree. The Zakrull used the high ground, but the things still could take them. It seemed likely that casualties would be high. Why had the Firmament forsaken them?

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gourtox View Post
    Brian, Turn 6

He appears on the same island as last time and walks towards a group of Poi.
    Poi
    Turn VI

Clok approaches him. Brian?
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

10. - Top - End - #160

Brian, Turn 6

"Yes Clok it is me. I see you are having troubles with smething. What can I do to help you?"
    Last edited by Gourtox; 2008-12-25 at 08:36 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Turn 7

The beasts stop, the plagues stop. Fertility is higher than its ever been. A voice enter each creature once in their life time. "I stopped the beasts. I stopped the plague. Follow me and share my power."

5 EP

10% increase

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Masstakran
    Turn 7

The masstakran revel in the abundance of hatchlings. The masstakrans believe the voice is that of the master of Strange-Mastakra, so the entire population are sacrificing. The voice sounds nothing like that of the Strange-Masstakra, but since all who had met the strange being were dead and it was not Strange-Masstakra but Strange-Masstakra's master who was clearly talking to them, it didn't matter much to them anyway. The masstakra found a new Nest to the South (Hill Nest), in the hills. When digging it out, some use their bone daggers, which are still increasing in length, to break rocks. This leads to an increased knowledge of rock types and weaknesses.

Spoiler
    Show
    + 1 bonework (weaponry), + 2 Knowledge (geology), +2 bonework (tools). 100% sacrifice, but whilst Hue gets the credit, only 40% of the worship is actually to him as they believe the voice's owner IS Hue. There are now seven nests, and there are 145 individual masstakra overall, with, as usual, about twenty in each nest.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Rogga

As the strange voice did not identify itself, the Roggae didn't know exactly which "spirits" might be responsible for the disapearance of the undeads. Some worshipped Mar, others worshipped Ark, the "Earth spirits" from above the Great River or generally any phenomenon which could be mistaken for a etheral power.

During the dark years of the plague and the undeads, the Roggae had had to be creative and ressourceful to survive. Now, their mastery of the sling was slowly improving as more and more skilled hunters appeared among the herds.
    The bone and stone, though still unworked, were used increasingly, be it as knife, nail, hammer, ballast or merely decoration. Logically, the hides of animals were used to make better cloth and bags. The Roggae learned how to skin animals properly but also how to work the hide so it wouldn't rot.
    The hunts were merely a way to gain bones, hides and other useful materials while getting rid of the predators, scavengers, vermin and even competitors. The red meat itself was of course appreciated but it was more of a sidedish than the main course : fruits and fish.

North
    The Sea Herd had reached further in the North than any Roggae before, where the forests became thicker. Sticking to the seaside, the Sea Herd did not explore deeply into the forests but it nonetheless found dozen of new plants while still practicing the sling.

The River Herd, slowed by its continual return to the south, lost contact with the Sea Herd but arrived at a marvellous place where the Great River seemed to fall into the center of the earth. The bottom of this pit was hidden by a thick mist of vapor while a mysterious roaring sound could be heard. The Roggae set a camp near the waterfall, as well as net along the left bank. In a few weeks, they would head back to the homeland for the next gathering.

Center
    The Northern Herds, after reaching the far north of the peninsula, went back and now, with the Running Herd, were fully established in the homeland, travelling back and forth across the savanna.

South
    The Egg Herd kept traveling south. It found the bank of a river larger than any they had seen. As its water was fresh, the Roggae deduced it couldn't be the Sea and so, they named it the "Sea's Sister", as it was the name the Great River had beared for generations. They kept walking along the "beach" of the Sea's Sister.

Spoiler
    Show

+2 Brain and +2 Language
    The social interaction, the need to name new places and things, the survival imperative to be smart to live through the plague and the undeads.
    +2 Hide work
    They now can skin animals properly. It's not a neat job but at least, it won't rot because of the fleshy bits or because somebody forgot to dry the leather between two rains.
    +1 Tool crafting and +1 Cloth making
    More use for the stones, the bones, the branches and the plants.
    +1 Use Sling
    They're learning to aim.
    +1 Curative knowledge
    More medicinal use.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Alvatsoti, Turn 7

The Alvatsoti hear the voice, but it barely registers are important to them - they are creatures of sight and light, and a bodiless voice from nowhere matters little to their lives, despite whatever it might say.

With the new population boom, a number of minor and beneficial traits begin to develop amongst newly hatched seedlings. Some find their internal toxins still gaining potency, though at a lower rate now that the threat of danger is gone, others find that the seeds they sow are tougher and hardier. Still others discover a new way to touch the world, reaching out with their minds at things they cannot see, like great invisible tendrils far stronger than the pathetic fringe decorating their edges. Most interesting, however, is a new feature rapidly spreading amongst the newest crop of Alvatsoti - previously, they had communicated through a combination of colors, patterns, and pheremones, transmitting information and data. Now, though, they could transmit more, actual samples of their internal DNA wafted through the air and absorbed as those same pheremones had been.

Spoiler
    Show

Population increased to 136.102.
    +1 Toxin
    +2 Fertility
    +2 Telekinesis
    the "DNA swapping' isn't an ability I'm investing EP in, but a belated retcon that explains how an asexual budding species is developing species-wide beneficial mutations.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

((My construction is now, 2, does that increase my Fertility?))

The Aephidian Hive is Abuzz with new life as many new Koot's come to life beyond their larva stage. The Koot'ks, those who are old, become interested more in herbs, and what good they can do to the Aephidian body.

The construction on the tunnel walls become stronger than they once were, and now withstand the Te'Ti'Tk's (big booms) that occur in the mines. and some Aephidians begin to realize that they are becoming more resilient to them.

In response to the voice, they Aephidians simply believe the queen has found a new way to speak to them.

+1 Medicine: Herbs
    +4 Fertility
    Last edited by Carrion_Humanoid; 2008-12-26 at 10:18 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Ernvuld
    Round 6&7

Just as the plague begins to subside, the dead walk. The Ernvuld believe this is the plague incarnate. They use fire to ward off the rotten creatures and build new, better weapons of war. As metal becomes more prominent in their constructs, those with the ability to sift it out become valuable. And the scholars continue to discover the power of numbers.

And then the shambling dead were gone. The plague was gone. And populations surged again. Math and fire were still keystones of interest, and the construct of real huts was just beginning. And then there was the voice, and the Ernvuld begin to question their sanity as a species.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, holidays have been busy...

Round 6
    +1 Brain
    +1 Fire Manipulation
    +1 Electromagnetism
    +1 Weapon Crafting
    +1 Knowledge:Math

Round 7
    +1 Brain
    +1 Fire Manipulation
    +1 Tool Crafting
    +1 Structure Crafting
    +1 Knowledge:Math

Also, does the hermaphroditic ability give the Ernvuld any bonus to reproduction?
    Characters [ Krad | Tinn ]

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Poi
    Turn VII

The Poi looked at Brian with Wonder. He had offered to solve there problems, Then solved them without even asking what they were. What power! And the Poi were growing, faster than before. Every Poi on the Collected islands bowed in reverence. Clok is humbled. All Hail Brian.\

Spoiler
    Show
    I might have some issues connecting, so I might disappear for a while.
    +1 Brains
    +2 Bone Carving
    +1 Shell-Carving
    +1 Agility

18. - Top - End - #168

Briian, Turn 7

I'm not sure what happened, but if they want to thank me I guess I'll accept it. "Anything I can do to help you people I will, but I must be going and when I return I will have a gift for the Poi." He returns to the mountain.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zaali, Turn 7

((To be announced))

Spoiler
    Show
    All entries will be updated soon! Map will be updated soon!

Population: 128

Brains +1, Botany +2, Telekinesis +2
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Registry link

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Turn 8

The voice starts to suggest creating poisons or use poisons.

10%

5 EP

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

POI
    Turn VIII

The Poi continued their worship of Brian, now now building fairly simple shrines out of piles of sand topped with shell or intricate bone carvings. When the voice echoed out, The Poi scrambled to meet his demands, gathering plants and trying to find poisonous ones.

Spoiler
    Show

+1 Brains
    +1 Fertility
    +3 Botany

22. - Top - End - #172

Brian, Turn 8

He appears on the island of the Poi."Is Clok here?"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zaali, Turn 8

((Insert imagination here))

Spoiler
    Show
    Brains +1, Botany +2, Hive Mind +1, Telekinesis +1
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Registry link

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Spoiler
    Show

Slurpz, I let you introduce the Zaali and the Roggae in the post n°169.
    Don't forget the map .
    I'll go on with the Tempestans.

Rogga

The spirits were talking more often than usual. But they still hadn't identified themselves. Kroum Who-Heal-Bones, an old female from the Running Herd, was wondering if she should listen to the mysterious voices. She was the most learned in the way of medecine and probably knew more about plants than any Rogga. This wasn't a small feat, given the place plants held in Roggan society. She searched for toxic plants and began to experiment for cures. What use could Roggae have for poison ? There was already plenty of ways to kill. But to cure was more important.

The Roggae lived well. Starvation was unheard of and illness were but occasionnal tragedies. With plenty of food and a good health, most children grew into tall and strong specimens.

The Sea Herd

They were just there : a small band of tall spiky creatures, with strange horns on the top of their head. Huurt had been watching them for a good hour now and he had done the same yesterday. Määr be praised, he had never seen such creatures before. Walking on two legs ? The Roggae were able to stand on two feet, yes, but to walk with such ease... And this cracking sound he heard every minute or so... What was it ?

"-Frii say we can not go further."
    "-Frii say many things. I want go further."
    "I", "We". So far, the Roggae had always used their individual names to define themselves. But for ten years already, it was common among the young Roggae to use strange word like this to communicate more fluently. It had first been the "We" to designate a small group rather than an single Rogga or the whole herd. As such group could be as small as one Rogga, another word had appeared. And soon, many others.

"-She like it not."
    "-She will never know it."
    Huurt smiled as the second sentry looked at the sky.
    Without waiting for him to answer, the young Rogga advanced toward the strange creatures, his sling in on hand, a stone in another. If the things were dangerous, he would make them flee. But right now, he was curious...

Spoiler
    Show

+1 Language and +1 Brain : You know why...
    +1 Curative knowledge : With their actual knowledge of plants (botany), they already know which plant is toxic and which is not. So, they search for poisons but only to find cures.
    +1 Strength and +1 Thoughness : I know, it's an effect rather than a cause but I'm sure you'll all agree that offspring grows bigger when you take good care of them.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Brian, Turn 8

He appears on the island of the Poi."Is Clok here?"
    POI
    Turn VIII

The Poi Bow low, placing their foreheads on the sand. Clok approaches Brian, his head held down. Clok is here, Holy Brian. What does Holy Brian Desire of Clok? Name it, and it shall be done. The Poi remain kneeled.

26. - Top - End - #176

Brian, Turn 8

"Clok, are you the leader of the Poi? Answering that question is all I require of you for the moment."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground

Umi, Turn 8

Umi had come to the world to observe, to plot ways to rule it, yet when the undead came, things he had created long ago to save the mountain, he had to intervene. But then, intervention came from another and nearly all of the things vanished. The few remaining were hunted down by Umi, dispatched with brutal efficiency, and their remains burned and buried. "Finally", Umi thought to himself, "that chapter of my life has ended." It seemed that he had already forgotten of the mausoleum he had built long ago to cage such creatures, which was filled with many more of them.

And yet, Umi debated on the usefulness of undead like those. Things that force the races to adapt or perish. As a result, the species of the world had been forged into more powerful beings. But before he began testing them, Umi had to gather a few worshipers. And so Umi traveled the world, observing the races, watching their society and paying close attention to their battles, hunting, and their crafts. He quickly took a liking to the Ernvuld, the Zaali, and the Zakrull, all relatively adept at warfare already. And he decided to leave his old friend and ally Brian to have the Poi. Their relatively peaceful civilization did not appeal to Umi anyway.

Before proceeding, he decided to gather his thoughts and form a plan of conquest, if you will. He remembered well the consequences of his first meddlings, which ended in the creatures he had taught how to wage war using the knowledge against him and his Immortal brethren. He had to be careful this time, or at least be sure to escape the war against the Immortals, if it came to that.

Spoiler
    Show
    While he's trying to be secretive, it's possible he's discovered by the mortals. He's not too sneaky, more used to charge straight into everything. But his earlier failure has made him somewhat more careful.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Brian, Turn 8

"Clok, are you the leader of the Poi? Answering that question is all I require of you for the moment."
    POI
    Turn VIII

Yes, Clock is Leader of Poi. Would Brian stay as my honoured guest?

29. - Top - End - #179

Brian, Turn 8

"Maybe for a while Clock, but that's not why I'm here. I came here to give you the spear. I come here to give the Poi a gift. The Spear of The Poi. It shall be passed down from leader to leader. I choose Clock as the leader of the Poi and those who argue my choice will deal wih me." He gives the spear to Clock. "Now you said something about an honoured guest mighty leader of the Poi?"

Spoiler
    Show
    The spear of the Poi looks like the spears the Poi use, but it is an exceptionally made strong, light metal and wood.
    Last edited by Gourtox; 2008-12-31 at 01:32 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

POI
    Turn VIII

Clok Unceremoniously throws his old spear into the surf, and referently holds The Spear of The Poi in his hands. Brian Honors Clok. Clok is grateful. Come, Brian, Honored Guest. Clok clicks a few commands at a group of Poi, and they run off. Clok gestures towards the biggest hut, Which was woven delicately out of twigs and leafs on the top. A crude bonfire is made outside. Fish is being roasted on it. Brian, Please come inside. Clok clicks at one of the Roasters, and he immediatly stands up and offers his fish to Brian. Food for the guest.