New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Mighty Creatures 2nd IC thread

Mighty Creatures:
    Loon the god of evil, has been defeated. No one can find his son, Patrick. Meanwhile, a mysterious sorcerer named Pluvius has lead a war against the vampire lords of the Caswallen tribes. The Celtic gods are now possessed of a third tribe, caught in the middle of the civil war.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mighty Creatures 2nd IC thread

Sarathalus

Sarathalus received word from his clerics on the expedition that something was wrong. He decided to check it out. Upon arriving, he found several other Gods already there.

Oh, hello everybody. I guess this is a popular place.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wela and Keno

Wela smiled at Sarathalus.

"My friend. Good to see you here too."

She turned to Churnel.

"Either way, I think that the fight against Loon is over. What worries me is the fact that I haven't been able to find Patrick. I told him I would protect him... Whatever the cost, I'll find this lonely soul and save him from the darkness.

Oh, hmm, what are those infants doing here? You say they are trapped?"

The ghostly bird on Wela's shoulder became agitated.

"Apparently, something is happening on Caswellan land. A sorcerer is leading a war...I wonder what that's about..."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarathalus

Patrick? Who is that? And War? Again!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wela and Keno

"To make a long story short, Patrick was the son of Loon and a mortal woman. He was also Merlin's apprentice. He tried to fight his father-turned-demon, but ultimately lost and was possessed by Loon for several hundred years. So we went back to the past, gave a little help to Patrick, and now he's free from the demon's control."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarathalus

And now he's missing? Do you want me to help search for him?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wela and Keno

"If you wish. I would appreciate it, of course. We have felt his aura on this very island - it's similar to Loon's - but we have yet to find him. Someone else wants to deal with the sorcerer? With Loon gone, there's no way he is another Witch King. Unless he is Loon's apprentice..."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarathalus

I don't suppose there is any chance this new sorcerer IS Patrick, is there? If he spent too much time being...possessed...by this Loon, he might have fallen back into evil ways, much like water runs down a stream bed.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Celtic Tribes

Talgreth was at a loss. The expedition to the new lands had brung back many treasures, but also many dangers. The strange new being known as Pluvius had begun making skirmishes across his land, fighting against the apparent Vampire Lords of the Caswallen Tribes, killing some of his people in the process and causing untold amounts of damage to the land and property. Talgreth looked back to the days when the Gods of the West had banished the Vampire Cult from his lands with ease and the magics they possessed. He decided to consult with them for help.

The priests were once again assembled to try and contact the Gods of the West. The rituals were performed and Talgreth hoped that a kindly God at the in the West would answer his call.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you imagine a telephone ringing constantly, but quietly, in your head, that is roughly what the sensation would be like while Talgreth tries to contact you. Once you 'pick up' you and Talgreth can begin to talk properly. You also know that it's Talgreth 'calling' you, since he's the only one to 'call' in such a way.
    I drew this line myself

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarathalus

buzzbuzzbuzz

What IS that noise? Is someone there?
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-12-11 at 02:14 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk

Wela and Sainbec flew away, the Father Bird rushed to look over his followers.
    No big change had occured : more and more Antomatons, more airgliders and teleporters, less merchant ships...not a bad thing that his children trusted the air better than the sea to travel. He saw the mining colony of Namurio, the endless fields of Marla, the everworking workshops and laboratories of the Rocky Nest, the large fishing fleet of the coastal republics... all of this pleased him.

They were now more than two million "brand new" animated objects, each coated with the timeless oil produced at the Rocky Nest. Among those, a little over 600 thousands were Antomatons of various sizes. The Craft aspect of Bialikk was more revered than it had ever been.

The Great Aqueduct's popularity had quickly decreased with the golden age of teleportation. But it was still popular for large and heavy goods. It had also helped the Apemen to create many oasis.

A thousand Airgliders roamed the sky, the International Weasel Mail connecting all major towns with the speedy Dove-class Airgliders while small clans were still operating specific trades with the huge Albatros-class Airgliders, carrying around the more heavy stuff.

For all this, Bialikk was proud of his children. He decided to bless them with a massive shard of his godhood. The next day, the Air people discovered their new powers.

They each seemed to understand naturally how to work stone, wood, metal and did so with ease. The most gifted craftsmen even had new ideas bursting into their heads when sleeping. The quality of the goods went up by ten fold.

As they traveled on Airgliders, merchants discovered they didn't had to worry about falling anymore. Not a great gift but still a gift. But they were even more surprise when they heard birds talking...and were able to talk back.

Spoiler
    Show

1 Major Act : Increase the natural talent for crafting. Most Air people craftsmen are now able to make masterwork items with ease.
    1 Major Act : Feather fall active at all time on Air people. When falling, they just glide to the ground.
    1 Major Act : Bird singing active at all time on Air people. They can speak with the birds like one would with a human.

His work done, Bialikk was about to leave for the Misty Marches when something...rang in his head ?
    buzzbuzzbuzz
    He raised a hand, the thumb at his ear while another finger touched his beak.
    "-Wazaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

Varin joined the rest of the gods in the new land. He stares over at the cribs for a moment. "Ah, crap. I hate babies." he mutters to himself. Derek just chuckled.

Varin then turned to Wela. "So... what happened?"
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanwar

Zanwar likewise returns to check in on his people. Everything seemed fine; the Gates were still operating well, bringing much coin and influence to his people. The dragons were reproducing well, including those that had been changed. The lands under the Theocracy were filled with cities and tunnels of Kobold make; the little things had a population that would stagger anyone that learned of it.

Right as Zanwar was settling down on top of the Roost for a nap, something that sounded like a bug in his ear began pestering him. He recognized this; he'd been summoned by the Celts before. Sighing, he willed the dimmest shade of himself to appear in their midst. Looking about at them, seeming bored, he asked. "Yesss?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Celtic Tribes

Bialikk's and Zanwar's smoky outlines could be seen from within Talgreth's throne room. He bowed to them and said: "Thank you for heeding our call, noble Gods of the West. I'm afraid we have more trouble surrounding our homeland. It would seem a mysterious master of magic has declared war on the apparent Vampire Lords of the Caswallen Tribes, with me and my people caught in the crossfire. We know very little of magic and we know that you are very experienced when it comes to Vampires. Will you help us... again?"
    I drew this line myself

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Sainbec

Sainbec greeted Sarathalus warmly, Etharn bowing to the sea-god. When Varin arrived, Sainbec grinned. "A lot of confusing and deadly things happened, Varin. Best that you stayed out - there was a distinct lack of serious combat. And hardly anyone got slaughtered at all..."

Etharn cuts in, "Sir, that was uncalled for. Varin must have been fighting as well as he could here, trying to stop the demons. He deserves thanks for that, at least."

Celtic Lands

A fourth faction has turned the war in the Celtic lands into chaos. Led by a master of infernal flame, a horde of starving, woebegotten Kitseri have charged into the battles - ripping apart anything that they could feast upon, ripping apart any warrior who was not a Kitseri. And their leader strode among them, immolating any in his path.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Desai

Desai appeared over the battlefield in Celtic Lands. He felt the pain and the sorrow of the souls that perished in hellish flamnes. He had sought the person responsible...and here he was. He flew to the Kitseri leader and made himself visible. His body radiated intense heat and light.

"What are you doing, mortal? What are you? Your crimes are unforgivable! Surrender your weapons or face my wrath!"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanwar

Zanwar nods. "Very well. I know of a certain...ally of mine that would look forward to a fight. And of course we already have a large contingent still in your landss from the last war. Their leader will arrive sshortly." With that Zanwar sends a message to the recently-released Jukat. "Jukat, my faithful general, I have a task for you. Ssomething for you to do to unleash ssome of that rage of yourss. You are to lead our army in the Celtic landss against their foess. Sshow no mercy to their enemiess: I tire of having to help them constantly. Time we sshow their enemies the power of our people."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarathalus

Hello, Sainbec. How are your people doing?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

The Kitseri laughs, hollow and unnaturally echoing. "What... am... I? I... am the vengance of the... Kitseri. My inner fire is... but a mirror of my people's... souls. I cannot surrender... the fire within while.. my people still... suffer. Why don't you... feel their suffering... godling?"

He raises one broken, bloodstained paw and a column of icy black fire surrounds Desai, the feelings of starvation and sorrow and desperation and sheer hatred of the Kitseri in exile hitting him even harder than the infernal assault.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Desai

The column of flames turned into black ice and shattered. Desai was now emitting a strange purple light. His eyes were ablaze with the Eternal Flame.

"I was made with the souls of some fallen Kitseri. I remember them. But my purpose now is to purge the world of darkness and punish murderers like you. There is no redemption possible for your people. Face my divine wrath!"

The body of the young god slowly morphed into the form of the terrible chimera. The creature blew its paralysis breath on the Kitseri below and shot a powerful beam of light from another one of its mouths.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-12-12 at 10:14 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk

The Father Bird hesitated. If it was another Loon waking up...
    Then he heard Zanwar's answer and smiled. He focused for a few second and sent a mental message to Talgreth.

"-What about your people ally with this mysterious wizard and begin to fight the Vampire lords as well ? Each of you, Celtic gods, is powerful enough to defeat a small army. With the wizard's help, you could easily win. Learn to stand for yourself.
    With Jukat as military adviser, all should be fine. But if the Lizardfolks go to war, they can expect the full support of my clergy."

22. - Top - End - #22

Varin simply smiled at Etharn's remark to Sainbec. He turned and saw Derek simply tapping his foot, arms folded.

"What?"

"You know what."

"...Fine." Varin turned to Etharn and sighed. He bowed to Etharn. "Thank you, Etharn." Varin then looked back to Derek. "You know, you are very lucky that I happen to know that you have more knowledge of social ettiquitte than I do."

Derek smiled at Etharn. "It's like pulling teeth, isn't it?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wela and Keno

Wela decided to look around the island/the world for Patrick. Before she did, however, she had something very important to do. She appeared as a being of light to the citizens of Kensogan and in various regions of the Kelawen countryside, as well as to the Welans living in other countries.

Her message to the Welans went like this:

"My dearest...my children. Your goddess is here, with you. I have watched you evolve in this world for several centuries. Recently, you have proved your strength and your faith when you fought so bravely against the demonic hordes. The source of this evil has been defeated. However, there are still many years of hardship ahead. That is why I have come today before you all. To give you a choice. The souls of the Welans are pure. You are now ready to ascend to a new plane of existence. If you decide to so, you will become true spirits. This is not dying. This is a new life. You will leave your homes, but you will find a new one on the Eternal Isles. Your family and friends won't leave you, they will always be with you. Some of you may choose to stay in this land, even as spirits. Those who do will be one with the earth, water and air. Others will travel across the layers of existence, seeking the sources of magic.

I do not want to impose anything on you, my beloved. Choose wisely, as you won't be offered this again. I will return in a few years to get your answer. Farewell!"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

A Kitseri leaps in front of the sorcerer, taking the paralyzing ray and the ray of light for his leader. The sorcerer chuckles. "My children... are devoted to me. You will... kill innocent lives... to kill me? And you... believe I am... a monster?" He bares his decaying fangs and slashes the air before him, fiery slashes ripping open the Chimera's body above him.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

(EVeryone GREAT role playing... +1 Major act for free this week)

And thank you for your patience with my lack of GMing.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(OOC: Hehe. Thanks Armin.
    Raz, what is the power level of this "Kitseri"? I don't mind Desai being killed in the end, but it would have to be an awesome death. )

Desai

The Chimera roared. His thick hide absorbed much of the attack.

"You and your men are sinners. All of you. None will be spared."

Desai/the Chimera put all his divine strength in one, powerful divine smite. In other words, the colossal beast breathed a paralysing mist on an entire squad and then dropped on the Kitseri.

(OOC: The Chimera uses a major act to increase all his stats and magical power and then hits numerous kitseri, including the one who attacked him, with a powerful body slam.)

27. - Top - End - #27

Varin detected the god and the sorceror fighting. He leaned over and whispered to Derek. "We'll be right back."

Derek and Varin appeared near where Desai and the kitseri were fighting. Varin appeared in his battle armor, and Derek arrayed in power armor and cleric's vestments. Both of them hid their divine auras, appearing as humans- if oddly shaped, in Varin's case-, normal flying humans. They approached the battle. "What's going on here?" Varin shouted at the two.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wela and Keno

Wela returned to Sainbec and the others.

"Sainbec, if you still want to visit Kensogan, it's now or never."

She was smiling and her voice had a playful tone. However, the sadness in her eyes betrayed her.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Sainbec

Sainbec leans in close to Wela, putting one furry arm over her shoulders. "Then of course I'd love to see it now - to go and see your beautiful city and walk along its streets with you. Shall we go and steal some time together?"

Etharn's expression softens, and he stammers an excuse to go see what's happening in the Celtic Lands. He dashes off, using the speed of Sainbec's wind.

Sainbec grins as he leaves. "Well, I think we're alone now..."

Desai

The Kitseri fall, paralyzed - but the master of fire is gone. He steps out of Desai's shadow after Desai falls upon the prone Kitseri, and begins to fling darts of flame by the dozen at Desai, screaming in fury.

Varin and Derek above see Desai the demigod and... something that is not mortal, but only has a hint of the divine about it, a faint scent of divinity connected to the creature like the strings of a puppet.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarathalus
    *tiptoes away, leaves a note for Wela*

Wela: I see you are going to give your people a chance at a higher plane. I would be more that happy to accept those that choose to stay as my own children, or at least watch over them.