New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Eberron meets Nation states

"First of all, NO! We can not kill them, they are valuable allies. do YOU know what those jungles consist of countess, if you can safely lead us in those damned woods then i partially agree with you. besides that, they are hunters and gatherers, they know the local beasts and how to kill them, gut them, flay them, and cook them. We DO NOT! Second of all, why the hell did you buy ZOMBIES and experimental WARFORGED! MY kind!"
    kono watashi chigiri motte kaihou chuushin to kaihou omoi
    -The Tengu of Water, Yawata Saburou Tadamori

stolen from fawsto, and he stole it from someone else.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aurell

Aurell nods in agreement with Masayori. Such a bold action would be highly illogical from our standpoint, Defense Councilor. We may have more magic then them, we may have better soldiers then them, but this is not a situation where military might is advisable to use except as a threat. I agree that we need to impress upon the Chieftain of our power, because currently he certainly views us as insignificant. As tactically relevant as that situation may sometimes be, there are other times when the opponent must know you hold the power. I had hoped that the festivities for today would help impress him of that fact, but your brutish actions have soured any chance of that today. Do you realize you could have just kept the head a secret? No, this is not the time for military force, this is the time for politics. As the good Infrastructure Councilor has pointed out, there are things in that forest that we do not want to deal with alone. First, there are the lizardmen at the ruined fort, who the Chieftain could speak on our behalf for if such a dire situation arose that we had to deal with them. Secondly, there are even greater dangers much farther to the north, which I believe I have already impressed upon you, and which again the Chieftain may be best as an envoy in case it is required. Thirdly, there are the wild beasts of the forest itself, which his people have dealt with for years. All in all, such a rash action would surely be our eventual doom.

So, if there is nothing that anyone wishes to put into the treaty, then I will be going?
    Aurell again waits for a response, so he can be on his way to the impatient Chieftain.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Aurell, Zukan and Masayori-Haven camp-The 4th of Therendor of 998th Year of the Kingdom of Galifar

"First of all warforged." The countess says with disdain. "There are competent guides for hire that haven't openly told me that they're going to assassinate me. We won't find one that has lived in this particular patch of land but I'm sure the fact that they won't kill us will be worth a transition period to scout out the near by terrain. Second I did not buy zombies. These are highly intelligent and well trained loyal Karrnathi Skelletons who hail from my lands and have pledged their service to me for all eternity. Patriots that have died in the service of The Most Honorable and Merciful King Kaius the Third. Elite members of the Karrnathi military who can survive any conditions without need of sustenance or rest. Why do you think I brought them!? So we don't have to rely on idiots like Salimor and untrained peasants for our survival. As for the warforged I must have taken a temporary lapse of sanity when I chose to purchase them as recent experiences have shown them to be as close minded and foolish as the idiot countries they were built to protect."

"As for why the priest has suddenly fallen in love with the feral Lizardfolk I believe I see the cause." she says pointing to the new bone earing Aurell is sporting.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aurell

Those competent guides will also want to assassinate you I would wager, if you were to kill one of their family members. Not that a guide would even be useful in this situation. We are dealing with Lizardfolk, and these particular ones are more xenophobic than usual. Unless you can find a competent and trustworthy Lizardman guide, I think we would still have a problem. Really, someone from the region is the only important requirement in this situation, such as the Chieftain I again must point out. Or, perhaps, someone who had gained the trust of some tribe, and now wears a marking that identifies him to all other Lizardfolk as being an honorary tribal member. Sort of like I do. Aurell smiles with pleasure, then hastily says, Not that I would ever suggest myself as a guide, I am not competent in that respect in the least; but still, it counts for something that you have me around, no? Aurell smiles again, and fingers the earring. I do enjoy having it, I must admit, and it is a great honor to have been bestowed it, even if it was more a political move on the Chieftains part then out of respect. But still, at least he is playing that game, unlike you and your murderous Servant. No disrespect for your watchful guardian, Aurell says louder, knowing the Servant will be near enough to hear it. Such skill is valuable too, of course.

As for the Undead and the Warforged, I don’t know what to say. Both have been tools of war, that is true; and you are the duly-appointed Defense Councilor. I would imagine you bought them with personal savings, which you are of course free to do. Still, it shows a certain lack of tact that is becoming more and more pronounced. And I believe that Masayori,
    gesturing to the fuming warforged, would like to ask that you treat them with the utmost respect as they work off their indentured status. I shall have to examine the laws so far for a way to handle that status, seeing as we may not yet have a way for them to do so, something I am sure you were well aware of when you purchased them.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"Those monsters are just as horrible as your king. How long has he lived? And you do not find that at all disconcerting?! As for my kin, I shall personally see that they are treated as equals and NOT as I once was! Aurell, do you have any need of me, I have business to attend to with a mental brother of mine."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aurell

Aurell looks nervously around at the mention of this. Well, um, I can, um, neither confirm nor deny that there is any oddity to the age of King Kaius the III. Indeed, his official birthday puts him at quite a healthy age, may he rule benevolently. Aurell makes shushing motions towards Masayori as she turns to leave.

Turning to the others, Well, with that I believe it is high time that I meet up with the Chieftain. Aurell looks down at the grinning Zukan. If you have anything for me, please notify me at the earliest convenience. To both the remaining Councilors, Of course, all Councilors will be included in the signing process, which may need to happen at a later date. But hopefully things can get settled today, am I right? Aurell smiles awkwardly. So, I shall be off.

Aurell walks to his meditation area quickly, grabs several sheets of paper and his best quill, and after checking that no one is around, grabs two sheets of parchment from his Suggestions bag. He then makes his way to the holy grounds, the perfect place to write a treaty.

When he arrives, he silently hands the two pieces of parchment to the Cheiftain, and begins drafting what he has been considering in the back of his mind for the past several hours.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have pm’ed the two sheets to you Galteland, as well as the first draft of the Treaty. If Maekrix has any question on the Report, go ahead and ask. Aurell will show you the Treaty after you have done so, or at least commented. Everyone else, I will show you the Report later.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Masayori leads Chris off to find the one-armed monk, a bit later, still in the place he was tld to say in she finds him, introduces chris, and asks him once again if he would like new arm saying, "If you truly would like a replacement for your appendage please tell me and Chris here can make you one."
    Last edited by WaterTengu; 2009-02-28 at 12:54 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Still grinning Zukzan watches the other two councilors off, giving a slight wave and a curt nod to each of them.

He turns to the countess, his grin adopting a somewhat mischievous quality, or is it malevolent?

"The reptiles have no mind for currency your majesty, if Aurell connives them into exclusively trading with us; they will prove more useful alive then dead. A protective tariff will swell our coffers as we bilk them out of resources at little to no cost. It was wise of you not to tip your hand of our possession of the skeletons, your majesty. They could easily be used for raiding and assassination missions that would be easily untraceable."

He drops the grin, and starts to massage the face muscles unused to so much activity, "With your pardon Milady, Good night."

With that he returns to his hut, suppressing the grin with a well used mantra.
    Last edited by Surprise!; 2009-03-10 at 05:41 PM.
    "How do I know that you know that my mouth is my own?"
    -Mouse Fitzgerald

A large made-up percentage of people put made-up percentages, concerning whether or not they do something, in their signatures. If you are one of the smaller made-up percentage, put this in your signature.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Masayori-Haven camp-The 4th of Therendor of 998th Year of the Kingdom of Galifar

Chris whistles for her homonculus and not log after her tiny construct comes out of a hut carrying a huge iron trunk in one of its doll like hands. Chris flips open the lid and begins taking measurements off the monk. First his other arm. Then his back. Then Chris takes out a strange tool and measures the diameter of the monks head and legs. The monk opens his mouth about to ask you a question when Chris finishes and closes his tools back in the chest with a loud thud. "All right," Chris says as the doll moves the trunk back into the hut. "I think considering the circumstances we should just give up on this model and build a brand new one. Now given our current supply I'll have to cut some corners on the ascetics but I'm sure you'll understand. Now lets get a mold of your face. Dolly get me the hot wax!" THe monk looks to you with a silent plea for help.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"Would you like a new arm or not? If you would, then i think this is the only way."
    Last edited by WaterTengu; 2009-03-11 at 05:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Masayori-Haven camp-The 4th of Therendor of 998th Year of the Kingdom of Galifar

The monk sighs and says, "Thank you but no. I shall live my life as fully as possible under my own strength and just hope the Sovereigns have blessed me with enough to protect this village and the people who dwell with in it.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"Chris, put your stuff away. He does not want a new arm." Masayori turns away from the two when Chris actually stops and walks back to the hut where the councilors were to meet. She kneels and begins to pray as it has been another stressful day.