New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: The Demon (Adventure Thread)

Lege

"I guess we have no choice. Marali and Valnorath should go on to court. However, this injustice shall not go unnoticed. Marali and Valnorath, we'll meet up with you at the same meeting place as yesterday. Everybody else, we need to get going, for time is of the essence."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

As the dwarf and celestial head off with the guards, the rest of you make your way to the ruins of the holy city. It seems to be largely undisturbed from the day before, however, something seems off. You aren't quite sure what it is, but something is very strange. Of you all, Lege notices it the most, and thinks it has something to do with the ruins around where you fought the elementals.

3. - Top - End - #303

Kobold

Lege

"So long, Marali and Valnorath, and may the true justice of Jalatar always be with you." Lege saluted the dwarf and the celestial and led the group off. I sure do hate to see someone as competent as Marali part ways with our group, even if it is just for a moment. That Valnorath fellow can be helpful sometimes, too.

The very moment he walked into the ruined city, Lege had a strange feeling. "Jalam seems to be largely undisturbed from the day before, however, something seems off. I have a hunch that it might have something to do with the ruins in which we battled the personified forms of the very components of the natural world."
    Last edited by Rathgar; 2009-02-28 at 12:50 AM.

4. - Top - End - #304

RogueGuy

Shorrusshumm

"Do we have any information ass to where to go nexst?"
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

After a little investigation, the party finds that they are unable to find the rubble that has writing on it that Marali spotted the day before. Lege finds something even more disturbing: the Larnok's bones have moved or been moved from the spots they occupied. But only by a couple feet. The chalk outline is clearly apparent, and the bones are partially inside and partially outside it, about 4 feet closer to where the party fought the elementals.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jaggers

"I don't like this... the air is too still around here..." He said quietly as he sniffed. The place was beginning to disturb him, despite the fact he had felt fine when they were here yesterday... aside from the crazed elementals.
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

7. - Top - End - #307

RogueGuy

Shorrusshumm

"I don't like thiss, perhapss we sshould go."

ooc - I'm really not sure what to be doing :P
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Orc in the Playground

The whole party now realizes that the bones have moved from where they were before. As you watch the bones begin shaking back and forth. The spellcasters get a feeling of dread in their stomachs, and they can sense the raw power of the dead larnok.

9. - Top - End - #309

Kobold

Lege
    HP 18/18, Initiative (1d20+1)[14]
    AC 17, Touch 11, Flat Footed 16

The Enforcer readies his mace and attempts to sense any chaos in the area. "Everybody, on your guard! The Larnok wakes!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Lege will ready his light mace (move action) and use his Detect Chaos Spell-Like Ability.

10. - Top - End - #310

Jaggers

Jaggers growls as the bones begins to move. Though it hasn't completely risen, the power coming from it is enough to make the small kobold speak several words quickly and summon forth some of his power. After finishing, Jaggers looks intently at the pile of bones.

(( Jaggers casts detect undead and studies the bones ))

11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground

Both Detect spells fizzile, and Lege and Jaggers each feel like part of their mind has been torn open. (1 point of damage each).

A small cyclone of wind forms over the bones. It isn't very powerful, but kicks up dust and becomes visible.

12. - Top - End - #312

Kobold

Lege

Lege was stunned for a moment as the power of whatever he wasn't picking up overwhelmed him. "What in the name of all that is orderly is going on here? I feel as though a part of my mind has been torn open!"

13. - Top - End - #313

Jaggers (HP: 10/11)

The kobold yelped as the pain struck him and quickly grabbed his head with both hands. "What... was that?" The pain had been so sudden, and he wasn't entirely sure just what had caused it. Though, he had more than a sneaking suspicion that it had to do with the freaky pile of bones.

The swirling cyclone above the remains were the most disheartening. As sudden transformations of the weather never boded well for those around to see it. The dust kicked up caused Jaggers to cover his eyes, as he wondered just what was going on.

14. - Top - End - #314

RogueGuy

Shorrusshumm

"I have no idea," Shorrusshumm says, "but I don't like it."

Shorush readies his spear.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Orc in the Playground

Unfortunately, this game is going on hiatus for an indefinite amount of time. Should I restart it I will PM you.

Sorry, things just got a lot busier in my life, I was really hoping to see this game through.