New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Noblesse Oblige [Chs. I & II -- Storage Bulilding]

The Storage Building

(Reply here with In-Character posts taking place at the Storage Building)

Spoiler
    Show
    Storage Building Exterior

Storage Building Interior

A Pax Scientia warehouse worker spotted a shaggy silver-haired monster inside the warehouse, and the staff has since been cleared out. Outside the warehouse is a forklift, and some basic mechanics tools and parts are available.

Inside the warehouse is a maze of precariously stacked boxes, which promises to be a dangerous "jungle-like" environment in which to attempt to corner the Beast.

The gathered geniuses have assembled just outside the entrance, near the forklift, to briefly plan a containment strategy.

Synopsis Thread
    OOC thread

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Noblesse Oblige [Chs. I & II -- Storage Bulilding]

"I say we go just enter the place, guns blazing and shooting at everything that moves " he said taking out his Laser gun and making laser gun sounds "PEW PEW PEW " he stopped for a seconds "Unless someone haves a better plan that doesn't involve guns" he looked at the entrance "Also, If it haves some kinds of thinking mind, I can read it, but only if we are near it... which would probably mean it would be better to kill it."
    Last edited by VolV; 2010-12-07 at 09:02 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cara

"If you are going to destroy it, the end result would be equivalent to not coming here at all or simply beginning with overwhelming force. With an outstanding variable of the level of damage repartations that we would be forced by the foundation to dispense." Cara said, striding forward to the warehouse interest. "Overwhelming force is an acceptable solution to crisis response but is generally poor as an opening gambit."
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

He looked very annoyed as Cara told him that "...Fine..." he turned his lasergun sideways there you could easily see a Dial, it looked like it came from an amplification but it had only 3 levels "Exterminate " "Lacerate" "Mildly Annoy" he turned it down and said "Anything else?."
    Last edited by VolV; 2010-12-08 at 04:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Cara

"Yes. Give a moment to enter first and then proceed after. We should attempt to identify the target and determine the process for a solution at that point." Cara said as she strode into the warehouse with slow, purposeful steps.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Cara's going to enter the warehouse in an attempt to be as quiet as possible at first to try and avoid spooking the whatsit.

Dexterity + Stealth + sneaking specialty = 5 dice
    Stealth - (5d10)[4][1][5][1][1](12)

10s - (3d10)[9][5][9](23)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

Character Roster:

6. - Top - End - #6

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Noblesse Oblige [Chs. I & II -- Storage Building]

Cara enters the building in the hopes of spotting the intruder without herself being noticed. The tall stacks of boxes loom high, and the angle of the light into the storage building casts long spooky shadows.

Spoiler
    Show
    # Cara Spot -- Wits + Composure - 1 die stealthy beast in shadows penalty #
    (4d10)[10][9][1][9](29)

# Extra 10s #
    (4d10)[8][10][6][1](25)

Cara spots it, crouched atop a stack of boxes in a shadowy stretch along one of the walls. It's eerie bestial yellow eyes gleam as it looks right back her. The beast lifts its shaggy silver-maned head upward and sniffs at the air.

It appears to be some sort of gorilla with silver-streaked hair, but then again, Cara isn't an expert ... it could be some kind of yeti.

The good news is, though it has clearly spotted Cara, it hasn't yet attacked.

Spoiler
    Show
    More Rolls

# Cara Detect Mania - Inspiration + Wits -1 die darkness penalty #
    (2d10)[2][1](3)

# Extra 10s? #
    (4d10)[6][3][3][6](18)

# Shaggy Beast Detect mania -- Inspiration + Wits #
    (3d10)[2][3][6](11)

# Extra 10s? #
    (4d10)[6][6][5][9](26)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

He looked as Cara entered the building and tried to slowly follow behind her, while looking around, sure that the thing would be around there.

Spoiler
    Show

Sneak
    Dexterity- Not trained skill
    (2d10)[7][5](12)

Spot
    Wit+Composure
    [Rollv]6d10[/Rollv]

Last edited by VolV; 2010-12-09 at 02:15 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    [roll0]
    Damnit

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

(6d10)[7][1][1][9][8][9](35)

10. - Top - End - #10

RedWizardGuy

Adam enters the Storage Building, disregarding Cara's instructions. He's a couple of rows over from Cara when he spots the silver haired beast. The beast, distracted by Cara, doesn't seem to take note of Adam.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

He didn't say much as the Yeti was distracted enough, he started to search on his pockets for a little earpiece that he quickly put in his ear and looked directly at the Yeti, as he tried to hear what the creature was thinking... If it was thinking.
    Spoiler
    Show

Mechanical Telepathy:

Wits+Academics Vs Resolve+ Metanormal Advantage

(6d10)[10][2][3][1][10][2](28)

(10d10)[10][5][9][4][6][6][7][2][2][10](61)

Automatic Failure if it's either a female
    Last edited by VolV; 2010-12-09 at 09:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Cara

Cara holds up both of her hands, palms outward in what she hopes in a placating gesture. "Hello mammal. I'm sure that we will be able to resolve this in a satisfactory manner to both ourselves and the institutional handlers that may be concerned to your whereabouts and wellbeing." She said in what was intended to be a placating manner. "I will even endeavor to maintain from smiling and revealing my teeth or displaying other signs that are meant to be conciliatory but could be considered threatening or confrontational when cross-referenced against non-human body language."
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster:

13. - Top - End - #13

RedWizardGuy

Adam's brain phone crackled to life in his ear as he tuned it in. It made an eerie whining sound as it received some contradicting information, the beast seemed to be translating words from one language into another. One of the two languages was English, and he appeared to be comprehending Cara's speech. It was a disconcerting experience to listen as the words were echoed in gibberish in his head, cacophonously morphing between languages.

Teeth were bared as the silver-haired ape snarled warningly. "Keep a safe distance, huu-man." It spoke, and Adam heard the words echoed in his brain phone, morphing between languages again eerily. "I am looking for your leaders. The ones known as the Peerage."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh, then it seems you might have a problem there " he said as he walked in to make sure the Yeti could notice him "As you may know... or not, The peers don't have an appointed leader or something like that, What do you want?"

Spoiler
    Show

I think you missed the emotional state of the creature and what it is thinking

15. - Top - End - #15

RedWizardGuy

The silver haired beast turns and stares down at Adam, with those baleful eyes. "I wish to speak with your leaders, man-child. The Geniuses known as the Peerage. The ones who run this fortress. They will be quite angry if they learn you have kept me from them."

Spoiler
    Show
    You can tell he is suspicious, and a mane. He's not being deceptive, and his surface thoughts are the same as what he is speaking aloud, only they start in a weird language and then are translated into english, which is what the echoing is all about.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Was very confused and annoyed after hearing the creature in front of him, he then looked at Cara and said "Well, even if I want to shoot him, he is kinda telling the truth, ... And I think we should lead him to Mr.S it seems..."

17. - Top - End - #17

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Sullivan, though with more wealth and influence than anyone should ever have, is a "mere mortal." The PCs are the only geniuses at the Boston Laboratory currently. And they are certainly in charge. The beast obviously is underestimating you, perhaps he's expecting lantern jawed heroes or something?

18. - Top - End - #18

Cara

"Before we continue, perhaps we could elaborate on whether you are inspired, mane, automaton, or any combination or proportion of the above." Cara said, smoothing out her sleeves as she spoke. "Accidentally murdering our immediate employer in a fit of havoc would not be conducive to our long-term goals."

Turning her attention to ape-like creature, she added. "While both myself and Mr. Anselm belong to the Peerage, we do not have immediate contacts to superiors that would likely have the status or abilities that you are doubtless expecting. I may be able to arrange a meeting with my keeper in the Fellowship of Manifest Direction."
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster:

19. - Top - End - #19

RedWizardGuy

The silver streaked ape shows his teeth for a moment, irritated that his desires are not being fulfilled.

"I am Tublat, Commissar of the Sagoth Protectorate. I have traveled through the earth aboard a stolen Fourth Reich tunneler to visit your Outer Shell world. As neither I, nor my two companions, understood the functioning of the tunneler, I was unable to guide it, though it seemed to follow the path I commanded when I spoke to it ... the path to Boston."

Tublat runs his meaty hand through his silver mane. "We arrived in a dark underground chamber that housed many wheeled conveyances. Shortly after our arrival, another tunneler arrived from below -- we had been pursued by agents of the dread Hauptman Eisenherz. My two companions remained behind to hold them off while I came in search of the Peers of Pax Scientia of Boston, guided by the Prophecies of Kogel, the Blind Korsar Seeress. I need to speak to your leaders -- in particular the Princess called Karen, who is destined to recover the Crystal Blade of Arkos and lead the Sargoths to victory against the Scarab Soldiers of the Fourth Reich."
    Last edited by AmusingSN; 2010-12-15 at 01:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Didn't look a bit surprised after hearing it "Even if it is a bit strange that you called Karen a Princess, talked about some kind of weapon and said very prophetical, it will just make sense in some days... probably, I will just don't dwell too deep," he then turned to Caren "Well, If he knows Karen... I think it might be safe to bring him to the Headquarters "he suddenly looked a bit scared as he looked over his shoulder "Only one question, are you sure you weren't followed by those German whatchamacallthem?,"

21. - Top - End - #21

Cara

Cara's eye quirked inquisitively at Tublat's monologue and Adam's question. "I am afraid that I'm neither a member of your organizational structure of a repository of prophetical information. Approximately 1 million women have the name Karen in the United States. Extra information is required to attempt to narrow the proper statistical probability of accurately matching mythical phenomena with current events or peoples."

"Do we need to fear hostilities at this location?" She continued. "Our current workplace has a higher content of mortals than is appropriate for anachronistic combat."
    Last edited by ninja_penguin; 2010-12-15 at 07:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster:

22. - Top - End - #22

RedWizardGuy

Tublat growls with suspicious annoyance. Adam can tell he's getting impatient.

"Karen, the Princess, who is your leader, and who is located here at Pax Scientia in Boston. That information should be sufficient for you to bring me to your leaders!"

He growls again. "I do not know what sort of kingdom this Boston is, nor what sort of life you live on the Outer Shell, but in the Sargoth Protectorate, we always expect hostiles, and are seldom disappointed."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Don't worry about Cara, she is someone.. that seems unable to get herself off her programing, Anyways, I think we should leave to the Pax Scientia building, were we will sort this nobility issue thing." he turned around and decided to walk back to the entrance "Don't know you Cara, but there might be one only Karen in the Pax scientia building, which might narrow down the chances, and if you want to narrow it even more, she might be the only non mortal there too.".

24. - Top - End - #24

Cara

"We can avoid most of the mortal workforce by taking the service exit." Cara said. "We just need to find a way to deal with those whose paths we will cross." She pondered for a moment, her gaze appearing to lose focus and drift upward before snapping back down again. "I believe I have a solution. I require clipboard, a large poster, or a pair of sandwich boards."
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That sounds like a ridiculous plan, that might fail" he said crossing his arms "Lets do it!" he started to ponder as he walked around the building "Well, this is obviously a place to store stuff, there is bound to be at least a clipboard and some kind of poster, I am not sure about the sandwich boards " he said as he stopped "It seems I just don't have the correct wonder for this job."

26. - Top - End - #26

RedWizardGuy

After some time searching, the necessary supplies are located: Clipboard, Poster, Sandwich boards (2).

27. - Top - End - #27

Cara

"Excellent" Cara said, looking at the results of their search. "I will only need a moment."

Sure enough, Cara only needed a moment, quickly crudely scrawling 'FIERCE WARRIOR' onto the sandwich board, and hastily drawing a table on the clipboard reading 'Subject number: Name: Position: Relevant data' across the top.

"Yes, excellent." Cara said, turning to the others. "Tublat, if you would wear this, we will be able to enter our facility without any problems."
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster:

28. - Top - End - #28

RedWizardGuy

The silver haired ape takes the offered "disguise" and with a grunt of annoyance he dons it. He looks annoyed and then growls low and deep.

Somehow the sandwich boards are enough to dissuade onlookers from annoying you -- the mere mortals employed are more used to strange stuff than average, and so aren't quite as attracted to wonders, manes, and other weirdness.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I really wasn't expecting it to work, this is a flawless disguise" he said as he walked next to the "Fierce Warrior" and putting his gun back to it's place trying not make a scene even if the gun clearly looked like a toy gun, he was bit sad he wasn't able to disintegrate anything with it this day " I think Karen was in the recreation room the last time I checked on her, we should head there "
    (Do we change locations?)