1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Noblesse Oblige [Chs. I & II -- Conference Room]

She is uncertain about its nature.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Talia takes a moment to fill Watts in: "They have some pretty intense security- I don't think we're dealing with mundane hackers here, but I can't tell any more than that."

"Oh, if only I had an army of zombie computers equipped with password-breaking algorithms,"
    she adds with feigned remorse, grinning and typing furiously.

Spoiler
    Show
    Talia logs back in to one of the compromised computers, and from there to the IRC botnet command center- where she pays very close attention to how the zombies are controlled. Is it something she can hijack?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Hrmmm...so are we gonna have to make a computer that acts like 1,000 Zombies that breaks codes? Sounds fun. "
    Last edited by ZombieLordDemus; 2010-12-22 at 09:03 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

"True, but I was thinking we could just take theirs. Safe us a lot of effort, if I can get it to work..."

5. - Top - End - #65

RedWizardGuy

Talia can attempt to seize control of the zombie computer herd, but doing so will require intuitive knowledge of scripting and decryption.

Spoiler
    Show
    Talia can roll Intelligence + Computers + 2 dice (equipment bonus) - 4 dice (difficulty) to take control of the botnet on a code level.

If she instead simply wishes to seize control of the IRC channel, she could shut the botnet down temporarily, which she can probably easily do with her wonders, but she wouldn't gain control of all the zombies that way.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Fortunately, Talia has an intuitive knowledge of scripting and decryption. If perhaps no actual knowledge of scripting or decryption.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intelligence 5 + Computers 2 + 'Hacking' 1 + Equipment 2 - Difficulty 4 = 6 dice.

Momma needs a new pair of shoes: (6d10)[2][2][6][5][9][7](31) = 1 Success! Yay!
    Last edited by Fishy; 2010-12-29 at 11:42 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67

RedWizardGuy

Talia seizes control of the botnet IRC channel, for now. She can direct the bots temporarily.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Right- how big is the equipment bonus from the botnet? Can Talia use it just for hacking, or could it give her some sort of bonus to a kitbashing attempt?

9. - Top - End - #69

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    The botnet will give you a +2 equipment bonus to hacking rolls, and to rolls to annoy people by sending them spam mail and the like.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Talia throws her fists into the air as computers all over the world snap to attention at her command. "Yes! It worked! I haven't had this much fun in years," she cackles, leaning in close to her screen and clattering computational commands to her zombie hordes.

Spoiler
    Show
    My plan was to borrow a point of Dr. Watts' Mania, but it looks like ZLD isn't around right now. But hey, Genius is all about doing stupid things for Science!

Talia attempts to hack the hackers again, using her zombie horde. Furthermore, she's going to enhance the zombie horde by spending two points of Mania- one of which is hers, and the other comes from Deep Inspiration. Muaha.

Intelligence 5 + Computer 2 + 'Hacking' 1 + Equipment 2 + Mania 2 - Prostasia 8 = 4 Dice
    (2d10)[8][2](10) + [rollv Maniacal Bonus]2d10[/roll]

Unmada Check - (5d10)[1][10][4][4][4](23)

'Splosions - (5d10)[8][9][3][7][8](35)

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hooray! Still have to roll those bonus dice, though, because there's a chance that she'll wreck her toys.

(2d10)[7][3](10)

12. - Top - End - #72

RedWizardGuy

Talia gains access to the hacker's computer. It appears to be a computer-wonder located somewhere in Boston. From the arcanely archaic style of the operating system, she guesses that this is some sort of Lemurian device.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

"Aaaand, we're in!" Flush with victory, Talia loots and pillages the Lemurian machine, looking for its equivalent of an email inbox. Or telegram deposit, or whatever the snakes are using this decade. Who have they been communicating with, and has anything interesting been said?

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Brian Lightning! good when we find em. We shall give em a good ball busting. "