New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XX

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    The group starts slowly heading that way, the healers dragging a half-conscious ring mail man behind them. The singing grows in intensity as the dolls speed up to follow the group.
    It's a small world af-ter all
    Silva frowns a little as she notices the dolls following. She waves a hand, and one of the fireballs swoops towards the dolls. As a warning shot. She's trying to shoo them away, basically.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Halfling in the Playground

[House of Moth]

"Alright, alright." Adir says, backing off with a worried expression. He'll quickly depart with the others, glancing at Reinholdt.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

[House of Moth]

If Faith exits as well, Reinholdt will as well, following along. Once out of earshot, he will speak up though.

"WHAT?! Don't look at me that way! He's born and raised in the freaking Nexus and was talking about a murderous tree to a guy with antlers on his head and an undead reporter! He totally overreacted."
    Reinholdt's not taking the blame for this one. No way, no how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1444

House of Moth

Adir shrugs, but allows himself a smile as they walk back toward the car. "Look at you what way? I didn't say anything." He glances back at the house. "Some folks can live in human territory so long, that sort of thing surprises them. I think you're weirder than me, anyway."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Silva frowns a little as she notices the dolls following. She waves a hand, and one of the fireballs swoops towards the dolls. As a warning shot. She's trying to shoo them away, basically.
    It's probably not a good thing, then, that it excites them. One leaps for the ring mail man's trailing foot as he is dragged along and latches on, screaming the song at the top of it's wooden lungs. It's painted on mouth doesn't move, but bite marks start to appear on the leg.
    DEEP bite marks.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

6. - Top - End - #1446

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [House of Moth]

If Faith exits as well, Reinholdt will as well, following along. Once out of earshot, he will speak up though.

"WHAT?! Don't look at me that way! He's born and raised in the freaking Nexus and was talking about a murderous tree to a guy with antlers on his head and an undead reporter! He totally overreacted."
    Reinholdt's not taking the blame for this one. No way, no how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    House of Moth

Adir shrugs, but allows himself a smile as they walk back toward the car. "Look at you what way? I didn't say anything." He glances back at the house. "Some folks can live in human territory so long, that sort of thing surprises them. I think you're weirder than me, anyway."
    Faith leaves as well. "No one is blaming you Reinholdt, I'm sure it was just the suprise that triggered his condition, you couldn't have known." She tells the cat as they walk towards the car.
    The reporter reaches for her carkeys and adds. "And please don't call me undead."

However as she is busy with her keys, Reinholdt and Adir might spot that the woman Lenore that have been haunting them, is standing in the middle of the road, staring at them blankly.

She stands there a moment or two before she purposefully walks into the cornfield next to the house.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-01-17 at 10:42 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

[House of Moth]

"You don't say anything when you look at someone antler boy." Reinholdt grumbles slightly.

"Sorry. Won't happen again." He tells Faith.

And notes Lenore.
    "Hmm... let's not go just yet."
    Reinholdt will follow the dripping ghost.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Hermitage of Dalachrech- Guest Suite

Elezibethele tries to slap Din. Good thing she's unarmed; she's good with that sword. Or more accurately, that sword's good with her. Also, she isn't wearing her brooch. Another good thing. Well, for Din. "You half-bred servant of a whore! Don't you dare tell me to shut up! I'm the second highest servant of Dalachrech, and you're in MY temple now. I'm not soft, like Terrowin." Just to mention, Elezibethele wanted to be drow whilst she was a prisoner. She inherited the idea that elves were inferior (at least, to her) and she's slightly xenophobic.
    Din will try go let plants grow to restrain her "I'M A WHOLE BRED HALF ELF AND PROUD OF IT!"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1449

House of Moth

"By the way you reacted, I can say quite a bit." The stag says, still appearing very amused. "But there's no need to apoligize."

Then, startled by the appearance of Lenore, Adir probably wanders off after Reinholdt.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Orc in the Playground

Earl's Fortress- Armoury

Well, I think Ermine's stones are red. These ones are blue, and slightly smaller. There's also different smells: Aniseed, strawberries and almonds are what these stones smell of.

Polearms, with the exception of spears, were first used by poorly-trained peasant levees. This billhook was also designed to allow the poorly-trained peasants to drag horsemen out of the saddle, negating their biggest advantage. Although, somebody might need to show Ermine how to use the hook for that. It's not an immediately obvious use.

The wooden floor boards sprout shoots and seedlings which enwrap Elezibethele's legs. "Then your parents are half-breeds! Or your grandparents! You are neither human nor elf but a miserable mixture and that makes you a half-breed!" Where Elezibethele is from, half-elves are sterile. She's been in the Nexus longer enough to know such things are possible, however. Elezibethele then starts chanting in Abyssal.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Dwarf in the Playground

Din notices...this could end bad for her. she dismisses the plants, and knells down, hands behind her head "...i surrender...i have no intention of dying again any time soon"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Earl's Fortress- Armoury]

"Fire!"

Ermine seems excited by the prospect of wielding a weapon that goes on fire. Unless, of course, it doesn't go off fire. Which would be scary, but a rather silly enchantment. Of course, the pirate is entirely untrained in using polearms, but how hard can it be? ... Eh?

"What's in da crate?"
    Earl's Fortress- Armoury

Well, I think Ermine's stones are red. These ones are blue, and slightly smaller. There's also different smells: Aniseed, strawberries and almonds are what these stones smell of.

Polearms, with the exception of spears, were first used by poorly-trained peasant levees. This billhook was also designed to allow the poorly-trained peasants to drag horsemen out of the saddle, negating their biggest advantage. Although, somebody might need to show Ermine how to use the hook for that. It's not an immediately obvious use.
    "A bag, two staffs, and four wands. We'll just take them all, but I'd rather not test them in here. Too much gunpowder." He'll hand Ermine two wands and a staff to hold and he'll take the rest. They'll split it up better a bit later after testing them out in the hallways.

That just leaves the big two-handed axe left in the room I believe.

House of Moth

"By the way you reacted, I can say quite a bit." The stag says, still appearing very amused. "But there's no need to apologize."

Then, startled by the appearance of Lenore, Adir probably wanders off after Reinholdt.
    "I was referring to your not saying anything comment and the undead comment, thanks." Reinholdt rolls his eyes. And continues chasing the dead woman.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-01-17 at 05:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Orc in the Playground

"Okay, den."

Ermine slides the wands and staff into her hat. She twirls the billhook, fumbles with it for a bit, and then puts it in her hat as well, looking a bit embarrassed. Forgetting about that in a second, she then gives the axe a curious, but disdainful, look. Meh. Axes. Nothing too special.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Orc in the Playground

Earl's Fortress- Armoury

One of the staffs is made of a ceramic material, the other is made of wood and carved with flowers. One of the wands is made of blue plastic, another is made of rusty iron. The third seems to be made of rope, but is completely stiff. The final wand is made of bundled wires and chimes whenever it touches something.

Elezibethele stops chanting the prayer that would kill the plants around her legs. Elezibethele will try slapping Din again, before calming down. Sounds as though she's forcing herself to calm down. "Did you have anything to do with the attack on Lauretta?"

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Dwarf in the Playground

Elezibethele stops chanting the prayer that would kill the plants around her legs. Elezibethele will try slapping Din again, before calming down. Sounds as though she's forcing herself to calm down. "Did you have anything to do with the attack on Lauretta?"
    Din braces herself "...I paid SAINT to bring her to HALO..."

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

"Grab whatever else and let's go test these wands out."

Reinholdt looks at the axe. Axes don't particularly interest him either. Otherwise he woulda looked at it already by now.

Seeing Ermine isn't particularly interested in it either, he figures it's probably at least useful for trade bait later. He'll go to take it down from its current holding place and look it over. Considering it's a two-handed axe, he's likely going to struggle trying. Might even drop it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Orc in the Playground

Ermine glances around for anything else that might be valuable in the room and take it. Then she shrugs and walks out into the hallway, taking the wands out once there.

Let's see... She'll test the iron and rope wands, and vaguely wave the flower-carved wooden staff around.

Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Orc in the Playground

Earl's Fortress- Armoury

There's nothing of obvious value except the axe Reinholdt's inspecting. Lots of weapons, though. The rusty iron wand will make any ferrous metal it's pointed at rust away super quickly. The rope wand only works when it's waved at an organism, construct or undead capable of moving. There's none such in the tunnel. The flower-carved staff causes a massive bramble bush to sprout up, blocking the tunnel with three-inch-long thorns. It won't live long as there's no sunlight, but it won't die immediatly either.

The axe is made of blood-red metal. It's lighter than it looks. As soon as Reinholdt picks it up, it will try to fill his mind with images of slaughter and bloodshed. It includes images of violence, by Reinholdt, using the axe, against people he cares about.

"Oh. Well, now we know we can warn Lauretta. I will ask one of the clerics I have available to take you back to the Black Dragon's Den, unless there's somewhere you'd rather be. We will put you back to sleep before you leave. Our solitude is important; this is a Hermitage." There's probably a catch.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

Earl's Fortress- Armoury

Eep!
    Reinholdt gives a bit of a yelp as he receives a whole bunch of images in his head and stumbles backwards, axe in hand, until he unsteadily falls on his rear. He drops the axe next to him and stares at it with rather wide eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh. Well, now we know we can warn Lauretta. I will ask one of the clerics I have available to take you back to the Black Dragon's Den, unless there's somewhere you'd rather be. We will put you back to sleep before you leave. Our solitude is important; this is a Hermitage." There's probably a catch.
    ...like her waking up in a cell or a coffin?

Din frowns "...back to Trog's..."

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Orc in the Playground

Ermine grins at the rust wand's power, frowns at the rope wand not working, and when the bramble bush sprouts up she scowls and rea- ah!

"What's wrong Reinholdt?"

She rushes back into the armory to look worriedly at Reinholdt, alerted by his yelp and falling. Huh... He seems okay...

The pirate gives the axe a suspicious look, following Reinholdt's gaze.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2011-01-17 at 06:01 PM.

Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

I have no idea if the axe has lingering effects. Such as suggesting Reinholdt pick it up again and actually use it.

He tries to find words to describe the experience.
    "It... it..."
    There aren't any.
    He does sound thoroughly unnerved though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Orc in the Playground

Earl's Fortress- Armoury

The axe tries to show Reinholdt picking it (the axe) up and using it to kill Ermine. At the same time, it tries to show Ermine picking the axe up and killing Reinholdt.

"Very well. Please, do not try to resist this prayer; it will not make things very easy for you." Elezibethele then tries to pray to Dalachrech, asking Him to channel energy through her (Elezibethele) and put Din to sleep. It is resistable, due to the fallible mortal conduit the power is using.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Dwarf in the Playground

Earl's Fortress- Armoury

The axe tries to show Reinholdt picking it (the axe) up and using it to kill Ermine. At the same time, it tries to show Ermine picking the axe up and killing Reinholdt.

"Very well. Please, do not try to resist this prayer; it will not make things very easy for you." Elezibethele then tries to pray to Dalachrech, asking Him to channel energy through her (Elezibethele) and put Din to sleep. It is resistable, due to the fallible mortal conduit the power is using.
    Din won#t resist. she thinks things may be worse if she does

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Orc in the Playground

Ermine shudders in horror and steps away from the axe. She closes her eyes tight, trying not to look at the thing or Reinholdt lest its ideas get the better of her.

"Dat's..."

Her hand raises to her hat, wanting to draw something from it to destroy the axe.

((Unless I misinterpreted it and the axe is showing both images to Reinholdt. ))

Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

I can see it either way.

Reinholdt's hand flinches, inching towards the axe almost of its own accord. Before it gets too far, he scoots his whole self backward about a foot though, shaking his head and looking away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #1467

[House of Moth]

"You don't say anything when you look at someone antler boy." Reinholdt grumbles slightly.

"Sorry. Won't happen again." He tells Faith.

And notes Lenore.
    "Hmm... let's not go just yet."
    Reinholdt will follow the dripping ghost.
    House of Moth

"By the way you reacted, I can say quite a bit." The stag says, still appearing very amused. "But there's no need to apoligize."

"I was referring to your not saying anything comment and the undead comment, thanks." Reinholdt rolls his eyes. And continues chasing the dead woman.
    [Corn Field]

Though Lenore seems to be walking slowly, she always stays elusively ahead, no matter how quickly you try to chase her. Eventually you have reached the other side of the cornfield, where a dirt road runs between corps.
    Lenore is visible 20 yards away, where two dirt roads cross. She stares longingly at the ground near where she stands and then fades away.

You can hear that Faith is coming running behind you as well now.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Orc in the Playground

Earl's Fortress- Armoury

I intended for the axe to be sending an image to Reinholdt of him killing Ermine and an image to Ermine of her killing Reinholdt. The distance from the axe seems to help; the images weaken in potency, but they are still there.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Altar Room

Din will awake now. She is lying on an altar, her hands tied above her head on a special spur designed so the rope cannot be unlooped and her feet are tied similarly. All she is wearing is her holy symbol, and she is gagged. At her feet stands a solumn-looking wood elf, holding a glass pot in which a beetle grub writhes. Two more elves, a high elf and a wild elf, are painting the symbol of Dalachrech onto her torso. All three elven slaves are male, wearing a pair of trousers and with their chests bare. Seeing her awake, the wild elf will stop what he is doing briefly and motion for a figure to approach.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hermatage of Dalachrech

Din wriggles, and tries to scream at the top of her lungs...

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Altar Room

The wiggling isn't very effective; the elf-slaves have nearly finished the holy symbol on her torso so the wriggling doesn't do too much. The screaming is muffled. Elezibethele walks into view. She's wearing red, hooded robes emblazoned with a two-tailed scorpion. The hood is down, revealing her long, brown hair. "I'm sorry, Din. I lied. You aren't in Trog's at all, but still in the Hermitage. In fact, Din, you are today's guest of honour. Don't worry, you'll be ungagged soon. It's to stop you from calling upon Angela or your plants." Elezibethele will walk around the altar until she is on the opposite side to the one she approached on. She's close enough that' she's leaning her legs against it whilst she faces the congregation. Elezibethele holds a hand out to the slave by Din's feet. He passes the glass jar to her, and Elezibethele will show the wriggling beetle grub inside. "This is a brainbeetle larvae. It needs somewhere nice and warm to pupate, with lots of food. It eats nerve cells."