New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    And Josiah himself doesn't have to take on SS. He just has to make powered armor viable for mass production.
    You say that like it would make the slightest bit of difference.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    You say that like it would make the slightest bit of difference.
    Or has any reason to be in the game.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #333

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Or has any reason to be in the game.
    Much like Akio has any right to be the new VC after Karite flees!
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #334

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Much like Akio has any right to be the new VC after Karite flees!
    Akio's going to prison for things that were present in canon. Josiah is making a powered armor suit with illegal firearms and high explosives. I'm sorry if I'm not seeing a correlation there.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Akio's going to prison for things that were present in canon. Josiah is making a powered armor suit with illegal firearms and high explosives. I'm sorry if I'm not seeing a correlation there.
    Akio's also openly admitting to the authorities what he's done. Note also that our Soul Society is not the Soul Society of canon.

As for the "illegal firearms and explosives", you did see the part about how SWORD is a shadowy group that has placed itself above the law, right?

Seriously dude, Akio being taken to task for his crap is just common sense; it's clear he has no place leading men and women into battle.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

6. - Top - End - #336

Akio's also openly admitting to the authorities what he's done. Note also that our Soul Society is not the Soul Society of canon.

As for the "illegal firearms and explosives", you did see the part about how SWORD is a shadowy group that has placed itself above the law, right?

Seriously dude, Akio being taken to task for his crap is just common sense; it's clear he has no place leading men and women into battle.
    That's... Completely not what I meant at all. What Akio has done, is a part of Josiah is doing, has not ever been in canon. He's creating an Iron Man style suit with firepower that probably outclasses kido.

Also, we had a very long discussion on firearms quite a while ago. I thought that the idea was "not to have them".

And while I'm here, what exactly has Akio done that's so horrible? He punched out the three people, and went t the mortal world. Before that he fired something that had a chance to injure or kill another shinigami, which is exactly what Yoshi just did. Not to mention the fact that FF wrote his side in such a way that the attack would have possibly hit the other Shinigami, of which I had nothing to do with. The hate for Akio for doing things that have had numerous examples of in canon is getting tiring. Yamamoto was willing to kill the captains to take Aizen, saying that they knew it was a possibility, nearly the same exact thing Akio said to Elder. Ichigo knocked out three shinigami while trying to save Rukia, and Akio knocked out three shinigami in order to confront one of the highest profile hollows in the mortal world.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-01-27 at 11:56 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

I'm all for the "let's not do firearms," but obviously there's nothing anyone can really do to stop anyone else from having them. And since they're already to be had by at least 2 characters that I know of, kinda moot arguments at this point.

Also, yeah not posting this week, and probably not this weekend. But I'll try.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

8. - Top - End - #338
    Orc in the Playground

Also, we had a very long discussion on firearms quite a while ago. I thought that the idea was "not to have them".
    I'm pretty sure that conversation was related to Quincies. And I don't see that stopping Rex (am I correct?). In fact I don't remember the last time we even had that conversation.

That said, why did you not bring these concerns up when Josiah was made? Or SWORD, for that matter? This argument seems a bit unnecessarily 'who's right/who's wrong' to me. If you really have a problem with firearms, don't cite some verdict that has apparently since expired. Voice your own opinion.

If there really is such a issue with SWORD's methods, or more importantly their equipment then I'd like to hear them.

Honestly, I don't really see the big deal. As long as they're balanced with the rest of the abilities in this game it shouldn't matter if you use firearms, kido, cero, or spit comets.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-01-28 at 12:05 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yoshi isn't aiming at anyone except the dangerous criminal Suzume. It's all on Frozen that it's "tearing up 3rd Division". He's certainly not putting any of the others in his line of fire. His comment about staying out of his way was directed at the cloud of shikai smoke.

Collateral damage? Yes. But it's kind of hard not to have it when you're fighting like this. It's not like Yoshi's a CQB expert.

Yamamoto is a horrible leader. He really is. He's way to eager to sacrifice people.

Putting aside how Akio was casually willing to cut down Allan with his attack...

He still performed Assault, Dereliction of Duty, Going Absent Without Leave...probably a few other things. All right as terrorists struck Soul Society. That's what we call Major Bad Things. I'm not running the courts, though, so we'll see where it goes.

As for Josiah's tech...what strawberryman said. I clearly posted his sheet for quite a while before adding him to the registry.

10. - Top - End - #340

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    I'm pretty sure that conversation was related to Quincies. And I don't see that stopping Rex (am I correct?). In fact I don't remember the last time we even had that conversation.

That said, why did you not bring these concerns up when Josiah was made? Or SWORD, for that matter? This argument seems a bit unnecessarily 'who's right/who's wrong' to me. If you really have a problem with firearms, don't cite some verdict that has apparently since expired. Voice your own opinion.

If there really is such a issue with SWORD's methods, or more importantly their equipment then I'd like to hear them.
    Rex doesn't use an actual gun. The discussion was over my character Alexander Yori possessing a shotgun with beanbag rounds.

When SWORD was made, I wasn't a part of the game. When Josiah was made, I wasn't aware he would get high explosives and machine guns strapped to a suit of armor that makes him much stronger than he was written. My point of contention was that KD apparently has a character who's going to mass produce these things.

Edit: Akio did all of these things before the terrorists attacked. It was explicitly said that Episode six is taking place before the invasion.

"Killing? Chaos? What are you talking about?", Nasumi asks, turning to look at Suzume, eyes wide from confusion. "A - Aren't you one of the good guys? Wh- wh- what on earth are you talking about?"

Then Yoshi makes his appearance, and gives his orders. "Eh? Step away?", Nasumi asks, inching away from Suzume, though to speak the truth, Yoshi looks more like the bad guy to her at the moment. "Um, are you sure there hasn't been some terrible misunders-"

And then Yoshi fires his gun. Nasumi grabs Shishimaru and drags him to the ground with her as she ducks. "Aieee! What are you doing, moron?", she cries from the ground, tears of betrayal flowing down her cheeks. She shoots a very angry glare at Yoshi. "Don't you see we're still on the line of fire? You could hit us, you Idiot!"
    All of that was before the cloud was released.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-01-28 at 12:11 AM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Orc in the Playground

It may also be potentially interesting to note that when Ichigo KO'd three Shinigami (to wit: Ikkaku, Renji and Kenpachi) he was ALREADY BEING PERSECUTED for being an intruder. His crimes in that regard were subsumed into the invasion issue, hence why it wasn't a big deal then.

Akio didn't so much as try to authority-slap those Shinigami into opening the Senkaimon and leaving him be - he deliberately knocked them out cold first without seeking alternatives. Nevermind that despite the ceasefire, abandoning his post without permission could be considered high treason all by its lonesome, and his timing couldn't possibly be worse, practically casting him into a bad light based only on that. Sure there is the mitigating factor that he couldn't possibly have known this beforehand, but if proof in contrary were to surface at any given moment... he would be COMPLETELY screwed.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #342
    Orc in the Playground

My point of contention was that KD apparently has a character who's going to mass produce these things.
    Usually when people use faces such as or they are likely not being serious. Given, in context, the resources required to create the suit alongside the difficulties of adapting a human body to being able to use it, I'm pretty sure that it would not be within any foreseeable future of the game's timeline that we would see mass production of these things.

Besides, I am pretty sure that the suit is the only thing that makes him able to compete with spiritual beings. Given the Battle Stat array of 40/50/40/40/100/5, I think it's safe to say that most upper seated officers could reliably fight him on even grounds. I'm aware this is freeform, but this is the reason why I include those numbers in my entries, and presumably why KD includes them in his. It makes for a good baseline estimate of power.

That said, as the essential figurehead of SWORD, no, mass-producing Dynamo suits is not in the plans.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-01-28 at 12:19 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, yes. This was where I was supporting "no firearms." Right. Anyways, ignore me while I hide over here.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

1.)My comment about "mass production" was actually a sarcastic joke. He won't and can't mass produce the things. Not for a decade at least, really. It's still a prototype.
    2.)He's one of the top 10 agents of SWORD Note that even with all that gear...he's still probably only equivalent to a Seated Officer in power. Which is fitting for the organization and his rank within it.
    3.)Yoshi was firing a rifle that expels long, thin beams of energy. He was not moving much/at all when he was firing.

As well, the "tears of betrayal flowing down her face" clearly show it's at least partly a comedic moment.

To put it bluntly, Yoshi made sure there was never an actual risk to hit the others. He only fired when he did because Suzume pulled a gun; that the gun was a "nerf" gun doesn't really matter, since tactics indicate you start shooting before the other guy pulls his gun.

At every point since that moment, his aim has been well away from the others.

15. - Top - End - #345

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    It may also be potentially interesting to note that when Ichigo KO'd three Shinigami (to wit: Ikkaku, Renji and Kenpachi) he was ALREADY BEING PERSECUTED for being an intruder. His crimes in that regard were subsumed into the invasion issue, hence why it wasn't a big deal then.

Akio didn't so much as try to authority-slap those Shinigami into opening the Senkaimon and leaving him be - he deliberately knocked them out cold first without seeking alternatives. Nevermind that despite the ceasefire, abandoning his post without permission could be considered high treason all by its lonesome, and his timing couldn't possibly be worse, practically casting him into a bad light based only on that. Sure there is the mitigating factor that he couldn't possibly have known this beforehand, but if proof in contrary were to surface at any given moment... he would be COMPLETELY screwed.
    He's already admitted to the assault and illegal use of the Senkaimon. I also wasn't aware that we needed permission to leave the posts, since characters (including captains) have left without saying anything. The only duties he would have had at that point in time were administrative, which Ikimi Hayashi is, in fact, probably more qualified to do anyway.

Usually when people use faces such as or they are likely not being serious. Given, in context, the resources required to create the suit alongside the difficulties of adapting a human body to being able to use it, I'm pretty sure that it would not be within any foreseeable future of the game's timeline that we would see mass production of these things.

Besides, I am pretty sure that the suit is the only thing that makes him able to compete with spiritual beings. Given the Battle Stat array of 40/50/40/40/100/5, I think it's safe to say that most upper seated officers could reliably fight him on even grounds. I'm aware this is freeform, but this is the reason why I include those numbers in my entries, and presumably why KD includes them in his. It makes for a good baseline estimate of power.

That said, as the essential figurehead of SWORD, no, mass-producing Dynamo suits is not in the plans.
    That doesn't exactly change the point of the high explosives or heavy machine gun fire.

1.)My comment about "mass production" was actually a sarcastic joke. He won't and can't mass produce the things. Not for a decade at least, really. It's still a prototype.
    2.)He's one of the top 10 agents of SWORD Note that even with all that gear...he's still probably only equivalent to a Seated Officer in power. Which is fitting for the organization and his rank within it.
    3.)Yoshi was firing a rifle that expels long, thin beams of energy. He was not moving much/at all when he was firing.

As well, the "tears of betrayal flowing down her face" clearly show it's at least partly a comedic moment.

To put it bluntly, Yoshi made sure there was never an actual risk to hit the others. He only fired when he did because Suzume pulled a gun; that the gun was a "nerf" gun doesn't really matter, since tactics indicate you start shooting before the other guy pulls his gun.

At every point since that moment, his aim has been well away from the others.

Yes, you made it completely obvious that he was aiming away from them by cleverly not saying anything about it at all .
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-01-28 at 12:24 AM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The following is for general clarification:

The weapons on the Dynamo? Those are intended to, in a vague way, be an answer to Hado. I mean, Quincy get super-sharp arrows they can fire at absurd rates. Shinigami get a bazillion spells. Arrancar have the raw power of Cero and Bala, with the potential addition of Tonics and Philters (which I still support).

SWORD has a whole eclectic array of gadgets. That Josiah's focus mainly on "blow **** up" shouldn't be a big deal, since that's a shtick for a lot of characters.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Orc in the Playground

That doesn't exactly change the point of the high explosives or heavy machine gun fire.
    Clips.

I'm pretty sure between the first clip alone and cero we weren't exactly pioneering anything by adding high explosives.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

He's already admitted to the assault and illegal use of the Senkaimon. I also wasn't aware that we needed permission to leave the posts, since characters (including captains) have left without saying anything. The only duties he would have had at that point in time were administrative, which Ikimi Hayashi is, in fact, probably more qualified to do anyway.
    Actually, who has done this so far? I know Taiki did it, but he's going to get slapped on the wrists and then probably hit by a freight train for it and I've planned for that to happen. Besides him, I haven't really observed anyone else really do it.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Dwarf in the Playground

Without getting into the rest of this giant can of worms at the moment, Captains can leave their posts without permission because, well, they're Captains. When you're at the top of the chain of command, the only permission you need is your own.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

20. - Top - End - #350

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Actually, who has done this so far? I know Taiki did it, but he's going to get slapped on the wrists and then probably hit by a freight train for it and I've planned for that to happen. Besides him, I haven't really observed anyone else really do it.
    I meant by taking time away from the Seretei proper. Natsuko and Taiki went on the picnic. They also clearly had time off for "extra curricular activities"

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Without getting into the rest of this giant can of worms at the moment, Captains can leave their posts without permission because, well, they're Captains. When you're at the top of the chain of command, the only permission you need is your own.
    As well, Masaru made it clear to his Division what he was doing. He didn't just disappear; he gave orders, then noted he was heading to the field of battle. The absolute wisest action? That's another discussion. But just randomly abandoning his post? Nope.

22. - Top - End - #352

As well, Masaru made it clear to his Division what he was doing. He didn't just disappear; he gave orders, then noted he was heading to the field of battle. The absolute wisest action? That's another discussion. But just randomly abandoning his post? Nope.
    Akio left office work for a few hours. I don't exactly think that constitutes a lynching that people want to give him.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

I meant by taking time away from the Seretei proper. Natsuko and Taiki went on the picnic. They also clearly had time off for "extra curricular activities"

Yeah, and they didn't randomly go off either, they did it on their time off. I'm sorry, this isn't actually a valid example.

Aiko did it in the middle of when he was supposed to be working, unless I'm mistaken.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-01-28 at 12:41 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #354

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post

Yeah, and they didn't randomly go off either, they did it on their time off. I'm sorry, this isn't actually a valid example.

Aiko did it in the middle of when he was supposed to be working, unless I'm mistaken.
    Are we supposed to have schedules now? I never got the memo.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, well, yeah, basically what Horngeek said.

And yeah. I mean, being a Shinigami is a job, you have hours you are required to be in office to maintain said profession and you have duties you must fulfill if necessary. This isn't canon Sereitei. Shinigami can't do whatever they want. There's just no point in writing down schedules and such because this game doesn't occur in real time. I mean, Sereitei is several days off the Mortal World by now.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Waiting on Shades and/or Kasanip in the school hallway.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-01-28 at 04:53 AM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

Few notes before I get going:

1) About Alexander and real-life firearms:
    the problem was that such guns are highly illegal in Japan, and don't actually add anything either to the character or the game. Spiritual weapons are as effective, and are conveniently invisible to mortals.

Gotei and SWORD bypass the issue due to being actual military organizations - by their respective laws, they're allowed to have such weapons with little fuss.

Overall, real-life firearms, outside extremely high-grade military equipment, are not overpowering compared to spiritual weaponry - it's just that because our characters are not members of respective real-life military or law-enforcement organizations, they have no business owning their weapons either.

2) About Nasumi and Yoshi:
    if you haven't picked it up yet, I try to use her a sort of outside observer to lampshade several common-sense violating aspects of afterlife. I though her comments were rather obvious: Yoshi was firing at a fast moving target behind her, and no matter how much someone is "not aiming at you", thousand-degree electric arcs flying past you are scary.

Same goes for the bit about breaking Division grounds; once fired, Kidos and bullets hit something, whether that be their intended target or not. Yoshi isn't doing anything particularly wrong, (though I think he would have better options), I'm just noting what effects his actions have on the immediate surroundings and how they look to a person who's unaware of what the heck is going on.

3) About Akio and Akio's crimes: I suppose it's not as apparent to those of you who haven't actually been part of a military at any point, but military organizations have rules. They want to know where their members are at any given moment.

Now, originally, my intention was just for Sayuri to give a minor scolding to Akio for leaving to Mortal World without informing anyone; however, due to the way riccaru wrote it, Akio's crimes have become retro-actively worse, and in a way that would make him a prime suspect for letting Kujo into Soul Society. That's why I decided to have him arrested. It's a way to tie in the two plots together, and provide Akio a chance for character development.

Obviously I wouldn't have done this if I didn't intend to violently deconstruct and lampshade every possible violation to military conduct Akio might have made. Because of this, I ask people to refrain from ruminating on Akio's crimes and faults; that's exactly what I want to do with Yui and Sayuri within the game, and I don't want you all stealing my fun.

---

Now, I'll be going to camp in few hours, I'll get back at Monday. I'm hoping tgva8889 will manage to post for Kina and Taiki in the meantime to nudge the plots forward, but if not, we'll see about it next week. Have a nice weekend.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

28. - Top - End - #358

Yeah.

FF pretty much has it down.

Crimes Akio Was Supposed To Commit For Plot:

Leaving Soul Society.

Crimes Akio Committed Instead:

Knocked Out The Guards Right Before Kujo Came In, And Fled Like A Coward.

In Addition:

Angered the most powerful person in the Mortal World.

Akio's pretty much screwed himself over.

And it'll be bloody hilarious.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    In Addition:

Angered the most powerful person in the Mortal World.
    "Angry? I'mt not angry."

"Yet."

In my mind, that's not Akio's biggest mistake. His biggest mistake is giving the 1st Division Vice-Captain, who has infinitely more power to screw him over in his every day life, a reason to dislike him.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

30. - Top - End - #360
    Orc in the Playground

Can anybody remind me whether the limiter Captains and Vice-Captains are supposed to have on in their trips to the Mortal World is stapled to them upon passage through the Senkaimon or if it's something to be placed beforehand?

Because that could be a serious offense to add.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."