New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: 3.5 Gestalt

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default 3.5 Gestalt

You are a few of the strongest people in your respective towns. You have been called to the principal city of the kingdom. The King has requested that you see him, so that he may delegate to you a quest.
    Last edited by firemagehao; 2011-01-08 at 09:56 PM.
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: 3.5 Gestalt

Noveg stands tall and proud as he heads to his summons. He greets those he passes with friendly words and smiles as he walks, happy to have the chance to serve the kingdom and its people.

As he enters the great hall he looks around at the other individuals present, giving them all a curt nod. His appearance is at once perfectly stereotypical, a heavily armored average height (for a dwarf) warrior, and odd as those who pay close attention to him can see that his eyes betray a keen intelligence beyond that of a normal warrior.
    Last edited by Binks; 2011-01-11 at 09:27 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

A tall human figure enters the great hall. His pole arm and longbow hang crossed his back, across his chest he wears a bandoleer with sheathes for 4 daggers, a small pouch hangs from his hip, and a pack which appears half full partially covers the hafts of his long arms. As he walks through the street the shadow of a gigantic bird encircles him, upon entering the hall the bird swoops down and perches upon his shoulder, at once appearing too small to have cast such a shadow and being the obvious source.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

4. - Top - End - #4

(I guess that is all of you.)

"We have been having problems lately, with a group of assassins. I would like you two to look into it for me. Do you accept?"

(*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Of course. I am at your service." Noveg says, bowing deeply. He regards the human with him for a moment before turning back to the King, keeping his opinions to himself and his face fairly neutral but with a little of the honor he feels at this opportunity showing through.

6. - Top - End - #6

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay I had kinda lost hope that this would go anywhere and was off looking for other games to join...

I'm back now...

My leige, I am here by your summons, however, placing ones self betwixt an assassin and his mark is not something that we intend to make a habit of. We could certainly look into the situation for the right price.

The man appears completely oblivious to the presence of the dwarf, however the small raven on his shoulder, stares intently at the shorter more huskey humanoid. It's difficult to read the birds body language it is either sizing up the dwarf to assess it's value in the upcoming task, or trying to decide if it is edible.
    Before anyone can really figure it the man violently shrugs his shoulder casting the bird off, and grabing it by the wing.
    Ougi, leave it.
    The man scolds his bird, before returning it to it's perch.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

7. - Top - End - #7

"Good." The king says. "Now, my attendant will show you the way." he says, gesturing to a well-dressed man standing to the left of his throne. "This way." The attendant says, leading the two of you down a side corridor.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Noveg follows, glancing sideways at the human to evaluate him. After a moment Noveg nods and continues to follow in silence.

9. - Top - End - #9

Before leaving the throne room the unnamed man removes his glove and approaches the King with his hand extended to shake on and solidify their agreement.

Without another word the man gracefully slips past the Dwarf to follow the attendant.

10. - Top - End - #10

The man seems to be wealthy due to his dress, and after observation, seems as if he is, or at some point was strong. Possibly he could have been in the army. He leads you down the corridor, which after a short time begins to spiral up a tower. As you reach higher, he stops, gesturing to a window. "Look out there."

11. - Top - End - #11

The tall human figure follows the attendant up the tower stoping short of the window. He then gestures to the smaller man that he may pass up the staircase such that he may get higher relative to the window than either the human or the kings attendant.

This is the first time that the man has acknowledged the existance of the dwarf, and even then it would be easy to see this action as condecending.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Noveg follows the attendent up the stairs. When told to look out the window, and given leave by the other gentleman, Noveg climbs a bit higher and gazes out the window.

13. - Top - End - #13

Outside of the window is a large building, rather box-like, appearing to have once been a warehouse. Everything about it appears to be normal. "Do you see it, that building? That is the cause of our worries. Looks fine, no? It is what is on the inside that we are aiming to destroy. You will need to infiltrate the building, and kill the leader, the one with a tattoo on his face, the mark of the dragon. You will find an armory in the first level of the castle beneath the ground floor. You may equip yourselves there, and head out."

14. - Top - End - #14

Pardon me for being naive, but why, if you know the exact source of your worries, does not the Army just storm the facility and remove the individual with extreem prejudice. It would seem a far more straight foreward approach to this problem, would it not? And if your King's desire is to avoid any backlash from the populus via our discression in dealing with this group then it would behoove us to know that as well.

A few other questions before we set out, given that you seem to know so much about the leader...
    Do you know why these assassins have taken up residency in this city or perhapse that particurlar building?
    What/how many others should we expect to encounter?

Spoiler
    Show
    Not trying to be off putting to the attendant, but very inquisitive.
    Feel free to roll a check if you think it is warranted.

Note: None of my skills on the sheet have synergy bonuses accounted for therefore my Diplomacy is actually +19 vs +15.