Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: Because Friendship Is Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    I hope so, too. Having 4 episodes about Crusaders was 2 too many

What name?

I tried reading some FF on ED, but frankly, most of them sucked, cool ideas killed by not thinking them through and poor execution, if that.
    Aww crap. That's like asking me to dig through my Ponie folder... *sighs* fare well world, for a half an hour at the least.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosjsjach View Post

To DM or not to DM-- that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous monsters,
    Or to take arms against a sea of Players
    And, by opposing, end them.

My homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Banned

I think my objection was misunderstood. I have no objections to shipping. Shipping is fine and can be quite fun. But when you write a fanfiction, the characters in your fan fiction are, in my opinion, your characters. The Harry Potter in your fanfiction is not JK Rowling's Harry Potter, and how Harry is represented in fanfiction X does not give you more insight into how he acted in book Y.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think I will spam Hasbro with e-mails asking for an action/adventure game of FiM (with the story written by Faust's team, of course), in which they include an awesome level with the Weather Factory. That place looks like it'd be the ultimate action dungeon.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Troll in the Playground

You realize, of course, that it will be chock full of annoying bouncy clouds and instant death drops, right?

...That, or embarrassingly easy. ._. Don't forget to point out that you are an Xteen year old boy and that millions of boys like you who are fans of the show will buy the game if it is awesome.

...And that the girls who watch the show will buy it too, because F*** yeah girl gamers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Dwarf in the Playground

yes! If they made a MLP table top game and it was awesome, the increase in girl gamers could be increadible!

What's more, GUYS WOULD LIKE THE SYSTEM TOO!!!!

Hasbro. DO THIS!!!
    Last edited by vp21ct; 2011-03-02 at 06:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosjsjach View Post

To DM or not to DM-- that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous monsters,
    Or to take arms against a sea of Players
    And, by opposing, end them.

My homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1446

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    You realize, of course, that it will be chock full of annoying bouncy clouds and instant death drops, right?

...That, or embarrassingly easy. ._. Don't forget to point out that you are an Xteen year old boy and that millions of boys like you who are fans of the show will buy the game if it is awesome.
    Hm, true. I guess I would request that Ms. Faust be the supervisor for gameplay as well as for storyboard. She said she liked sending her ponies in grand adventures, and with the things she's done for MLP, she's earned my trust in those matters.
    Last edited by Castel; 2011-03-02 at 06:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Banned

...And that the girls who watch the show will buy it too, because F*** yeah girl gamers.
    I would be in support of a well-designed and challenging MLP game.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Webox View Post
    Hm, true. I guess I would request that Ms. Faust be the supervisor for gameplay as well as for storyboard. She said she liked sending her ponies in grand adventures, and with the things she's done for MLP, she's earned my trust in those matters.
    Not sure about gameplay, but maybe as a writer.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2011-03-02 at 06:34 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

Someone reskin I Wanna Be The Guy.
    DO IT.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

10. - Top - End - #1450

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Not sure about gameplay, does she even play video games herself?
    I think I read that she does, I would have to check again... I think I will post this idea on Lauren's DA page later.

Edit:

Here's the mail:

Greetings,

First of all, let me thank you for giving the green light to the magnificent show that is MLP:FiM, it has managed to sway audiences in a great way, both young and old, either male or female. I imagine that with the current hype of this show, you have been receiving a lot of fan-mail about it, but I would like to add my own suggestions/request to the lot, if I may:

In the forums of a certain website, we have been discussing the idea of an action/adventure game staring the characters from MLP:FiM. We believe that both the target audience and the (surprisingly large) peripheral audience (consisting of various teenage/adult men and women) would undoubtedly enjoy a fantasy adventure, seeing how on fan-made polls made on different forums, the episodes that have the main cast deal with different monsters(ex: the Ursa Minor, the Dragon) seem to be amongst the highest rated episodes.

We hope that this idea can develop into a reality under your production, thank you for your time.
    Suggestions, corrections?
    Last edited by Castel; 2011-03-02 at 06:43 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Troll in the Playground

In place of a full MLP game, how would a Ponified version of 4th edition work?

Obviously you'd need to figure out the effects of being Quadrupedal on things like base speed and carrying capacity.

Then, you'd need racial stats so players can be Earth Ponies, Pegasi, Unicorns and Griffins. You'd also need a paragon path for each of those races.

The gear could be the same. Depending on its nature, a weapon is either a sharpened horse shoe, a projection off of the armor, etc. The main issue for me is the difficulty of imagining how a polearm would work for a pony, as well as how to simulate other two handed weapons.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

If there were to be a MLP:FiM game (and chances are if the show is somewhat popular then there will be), it would almost certainly be the standard tie-in low-budget platformer, most likely for a handheld. I liked a lot of the old Cartoon Network cartoons like the Powerpuff Girls and Samurai Jack, and their games were kinda sucky. Lauren Faust would have little to no say in what gets made, as she doesn't own the IP.

On the other hand, Lauren Faust's DeviantArt page says her favourite game is Animal Crossing. A pony version of that could be pretty darn sweet.

13. - Top - End - #1453

I just noticed that I didn't suggest at all that Lauren Faust should be involved with the writing or gameplay of the game... I fail.
    Last edited by Castel; 2011-03-02 at 07:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    My one brother always exclaims "why can't you just enjoy a good film?!!" when me and my other brother start debating and analyzing something we've just seen. He's a very "present passion" person, while we gain a lot of entertainment from putting things into context and interpretations.
    I'd tell him to hoof it, and cite Moff's Law, something I agree with wholeheartedly

Also, I like all the discussions about ponyeconomics, but you guys spoiled the post I was preparing about Ep 12/17, peculiar in that in fact it is a big support for the whole 'Iron Hoof' thing

And Fluttershy being most evil being in all of Equestria
    Above Us Only Sky

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vp21ct View Post
    Another thing to keep in mind. The whole Shipping fandom is responsible for some of the greatest bits of characterization in this fandom. Because of the Shippers, Gilda is no longer a total beak, in my eyes. She's now a tragic character who's insecurities have driven away her only friend (and the person she secretly loved), and this makes her sympathetic! I want to see this character again! That's what the fandom has done, and it's a wonderful thing.

Similar things go on with Trixie. Total Horses Hoof, but the fandom as affixed to her a strange admiration/jealousy/attraction/rivalry to Twilight that deepens her character significantly. So that's why I support Shipping.

*Hoofprint*
    Some of the speculations about these ponies are very, very good pieces of characterization regardless of their applicability to the show. I'm drawing off a few of them for my next major piece of writing (which is non Pony) and the result is an extreme burst of productivity. Good writing inspires other good writing and eventually it'll mount up and manifest in a way you didn't expect.

(And for the record, while I am in favour of shipping I don't see it going beyond the "Prolonged Hugging" stage.)

So there's that. The other side of it some of it is hilarious or adorable. Take Gilda's Tragic Past (linked for swears)

And because it's Derpy Day or something:

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, it's Derpy Day? When did this happen?
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1457

Every day is Derpy Day!

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ettin in the Playground

Derpy Day was a day arranged and celebrated yesterday (March 1st). Here were the rules:

Spoiler
    Show
    -Muffins. At least one must be consumed by days end, lest Pinkie's tail twitch for you.
    -The Muffin shaped cake is fine even if you are not Orthodox Derpy.
    -An article must be moved from one area of the house and placed in the wrong one for the entire Hoofiday.
    -Letters must be hoof written and delivered to those you love within delivery distance. E-mails have now been recognized for those too far for this observance.
    At least try to deliver one RL letter.
    The Letters are to be about why you love them or are thankful they are your friend. (Bonus writing a loving friendship letter to an enemy.)
    -Anytime a picture of you is taken or you see yourself in a mirror, you must give the traditional Derpy Occular salute. 9_6

I sent a letter to my sister, and went searching all over creation for a chocolate chip muffin. It was the best Derpy Day ever.

19. - Top - End - #1459

Derpy Day was a day arranged and celebrated yesterday (March 1st). Here were the rules:

Spoiler
    Show
    -Muffins. At least one must be consumed by days end, lest Pinkie's tail twitch for you.
    -An article must be moved from one area of the house and placed in the wrong one for the entire Hoofiday.
    -Letters must be hoof written and delivered to those you love within delivery distance. E-mails have now been recognized for those too far for this observance.
    The Letters are to be about why you love them or are thankful they are your friend. (Bonus writing a loving friendship letter to an enemy.)
    -Anytime a picture of you is taken or you see yourself in a mirror, you must give the traditional Derpy Occular salute. 9_6

I sent a letter to my sister, and went searching all over creation for a chocolate chip muffin. It was the best Derpy Day ever.
    Oh wow, I completely did not know this. I've got some catching up to do!

20. - Top - End - #1460

Derpy Day, eh? Well, here's a derping Pinkie as a belated Derpy present:

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Awww, I didn't do any of those things! :( I'm a bad pony.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1462

Awww, I didn't do any of those things! :( I'm a bad pony.
    If we know anything it's that Derpy is not limited by such petty constrains as time. Celebrate Derpy Day today!

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

As promised, my fifth review! (Dunno if the end of the thread is a stupid time, but here it is nonetheless)

Weee, ponies!

My first review: Episode 1.
    My second review: Episode 2.
    My third review: Episode 3.
    My fourth review: Episode 4.

My Little Pony, episode 5: Griffon the Brush-Off
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have severely lacked the time to do another review, all while fighting the strong impulse to just put on MLP and enjoy it effortlessly.
    However, I've stood strong and only played "It's the best place for me" and "Pinkie's No Fear Song" a small bazillion times. I can't wait to expand that repetoire with more songs.

In a more positive light, getting accostomed to those songs has lightened my view on Pinkie. I suspect this is a good thing as episode 5 seems to focus on Pinkie and Rainbow (and a certain Gilda whose name keeps cropping up in the thread).

LET'S START!!!

Pinkie is acting manic. I have no idea what she's trying to tell Twilight - and I'm not sure she herself knows, either.
    Those two characters are actually really good foil for each other. Pinkie's manic, happy attitude versus Twilights dry, snarky one.

But Pinkie is soon distracted by someone more interesting than Twilight (can't say I blame her), as she runs off after Rainbow.
    But Rainbow... tries to out-fly her? Huh? I thought the two were on good terms? On second thought, I don't think we've ever seen them interact directly, so there could easily be some as-of-yet-unexplained hostility. It doesn't seem to be from Pinkie's side, though.

Smash! Ha. I'm really enjoying the violence inflicted on Rainbow too much, aren't I? It's quite smart from the creators' side, too - she's (apparantly) the least emotionally or socially vulnerable, so to make her less "overpowered", they throw accident after accident at her.

Kinda old, overused joke, but it's still so in-character that I can't help but smile.

Yay, intro song! It's so pink and sparkly and cheesy, but I love it. I'm five episodes in, and I love it.
    Lessee...
    1st episode: "I'm not sure I'll ever grow to like that".
    2nd episode: "It's a bad song, but it invokes happiness."
    3rd episode: "Squee! *rewatches*"
    4th episode: "Song puts me in my own little happy-place of ponies!"
    At this curve, the intro song is going to cure cancer by episode 7.

I'm actually tolerating Pinkie, even though she's still a maniac. Rainbow isn't, though. Really - what's her problem with Pinkie? It doesn't go against anything previously established, but it's still a wee bit strange. I'd think Twilight would be the one to hate Pinkie the most - I don't see an obvious clash between Pinkie and Rainbow.

Silly Rainbow. Ponies aren't ostrichs.

Nrrrrhhh.... Okay, Pinkie's "Raaaainbow!" voice is still annoying.
    *snicker* I love the contrast between Rainbows epic-speed departure and Pinkie's "boing boing boing" jumping.
    Haha, and Pinkie's bunny-jumping is enough to catch up with Rainbow. Cue wacky chase scene antics.

Really, this is not normal. Why is Rainbow running off like that?

At least she gives up in the end. Pinkie is... pretty epic, isn't she? I wonder how much is just Rule of Funny and how much is the series telling us that Pinkie is a force to be reckoned with.
    Someone posted that they thought Pinkie is the only character to realize that she's living in a cartoon. I think I'm starting to see why.

Soooo Pinkie needs help positioning a cloud.
    And Rainbow has little patience - holy cow, I think this is the first time I've heard Pinkie sound insecure. Rainbow can turn Pinkie into a normal-sounding pony-person. I guess she's not used to being yelled at?

It was a prank to make Spike get the hiccups. Not very epic, but very Pinkie-ish. And he takes it in good faith. Y'know, apart from the slight creepiness, Spike might be the most normal, well-adjusted character in the entire show.
    Except he keeps picking up the scrolls and accidentally sending them to Celestia. Um... well-adjusted, but stupid.

Pinkie and Rainbow bond. I'm not sure I think the prank was that funny, but oh well - an increase in friendship is always a good thing.

Woow, Pinkie can jump fast. I guess that's how she kept catching Rainbow. I'm a bit scared of the combination manic Pinkie/hiccups/happiness. At least Rainbow knows how to cool her down.
    Y'know, these two might be a good match. Pinkie's childishness and Rainbow's selfishness could offset each other, as well as their pretty different worldviews.

I'm starting to fall in love with Pinkie's bouncing. This is a pretty drastic transformation in my attitude towards the show.
    I... I can feel the snark leaving me...
    Probably for the best. This show is too good to snark.

So: pranking Diva time (I really should just start calling her Rarity, shouldn't I?). Sneeze powder, but at least Diva (Rarity) takes it well.
    I'm starting to see a pattern of pranks backfiring on Pinkie here.

Twilight takes the invisible ink prank well. Everyone's just so mellow about this. I'm starting to crave conflict.

And is it just me, or are those pranks pretty... lame? I mean, scaring into hiccups, sneeze powder, invisible ink - very basic stuff, and not used very creatively.
    Come on, guys, if you wanna prank people, put some thought and effort into it!

Haha, yes! Something like that! It's Applejack's turn, and all her apples are painted in funky colours. At least it washes off very quickly.
    Still not enough conflict.

Oh hey, a hint of conflict! Pinkie refuses to prank Fluttershy, since she's so sensitive. I'm not sure I believe that - especially since a certain thread recently erupted with "Fluttershy is so badass!"... but let's accept it for now. After all, that's what Pinkie believes, and Rainbow agrees.

*snicker* Finally Pinkie pranks back on Rainbow. They laugh, all this well. My conflict disappears.

I like the final shot of the scene, though. Fluttershy examining the rubber duck is gosh darn adorable!

Ahahaha! I've seen this image of Pinkie before! She looks ridiculous! Is this a new prank, or has she just embraced the prankster lifestyle a liiiiittle too much?

Holy wow, is Rainbow's home impressive! I guess there are very pronounced perks of being able to mold the clouds (though physically speaking, she shouldn't be able to - yeah, I won't go there).

Hello... strange griffon thing? I guess you're the one whose name is in the title.
    Gilda?
    She's a wee bit creepy. Those eyes, they're staring into my SOUL!

Ahaha, guitar riffs in the background. This character is...

Cool.

Oh. My. Whatever. She's a second Rainbow. We've had eight minutes of Rainbow being tolerable, and then they throw in this character! She seems just as brash, overconfident and condescending as Rainbow. She's Rainbow's evil twin, isn't she?
    Please, please, please have redeeming qualities!

Awww, Pinkie is snubbed. I didn't think I'd ever feel sorry for Pinkie, but I do. There can't be that many ponies she can relate to with her attitude, and when she finally finds one, that one has another best friend.
    Still, Gilda is only visiting. Cheer up, Pinkie, you'll have Rainbow back in no time (but probably not before we learn an important lesson about friendship).
    On proof-reading this review, no, she's not just visiting. Damn. That's gotta suck.

I love the guitar, though. Nrreow-nrreow-nrreeeeow!

Haha, Pinkie is impossibly fast. Still not sure if this is a one-episode running gag or something integral to her character. Time will tell.
    And Rainbow is happy to see her. Y'know, both these characters are really endearing themselves to me. It's good to see Rainbow be kind to someone, and it's good to see Pinkie have actual, human (or pony) emotions.
    I'm betting Gilda will be a bitch to her, though.

Oh, only indirectly. Though she could've just as easily said "hey, Rainbow, let's ditch the ditz by flying as high as we can!"
    I'm actually feeling a little sorry for Rainbow. Gilda is pushing all her buttons and manipulating her perfectly.

Aww, Pinkie! Gotta admire her resolve - and her positivity! (how many times has she used the word "awesome" by now?) I can't believe how dense she is, though. Right now, I'm just waiting for Gilda to rip her a new one.

Theeeere it goes. Pop, pop, pop. Wow, Gilda is a bitch. Not surprisingly, of course, but it's still bad. If that's the kind of company Rainbow is used to, I can kinda see why she acts the way she does. Egoism and cruelty is probably just a way to survive.

Pinkie is incredibly persistant. So, Gilda manipulates Rainbow again and tells Pinkie to buzz off ("you're dorking up the sky" is an awesome line).

Well, at least she's honest about it.

Pinkie runs to Twilight to complain. I'm kinda happy that she recognizes Gilda's meanness - I was kinda expecting her to be all naive and sparkly and get really hurt somewhere down the line.
    Twilight offers some advice that would've been good if Pinkie hadn't been completely right. To be honest, I can't blame Twilight for not trusting Pinkie's judgment - up until this point, she's been at the emotional and intellectual level of a bag of rocks.

Aww, poor Pinkie... I feel for her. Getting demoted to third wheel (and then cut off) always hurts.

Gilda decides to harass the villagers. Um... why? Plain arrogance?
    Pinkie disapproves, but Twilight's words have gotten to her. Heh, making excuses for others is always a slippery slope. I can't help but feel, though, that Gilda's prank is potentially just as innocent as Pinkie's own. Perhaps Pinkie has just perfected picking out her victims?

Apparantly so. Gilda does not show any sensitivity towards the fragile Fluttershy (yay, Fluttershy!). On the contrary, she sends her off crying.

... ...

If this is all the backstory and motivation I'll ever get for Rainbow, this is enough. Her previous best friend is a hot-tempered psychopath. How could she not grow into a a selfish, lazy, empathy-lacking person? She wouldn't have survived if she hadn't; Gilda would've crushed her.
    However, this does raise the question of why they became friends in the first place. I've heard hints that Rainbow's backstory is the deepest of the ponies', so I really hope I'll learn more.

However, that thing about redeeming qualities? I'm actually missing them. Part of me wants to hate Gilda, but she's just... too mean. Too villainous. I guess she's just incredibly arrogant, but the show is doing everything to make her seem cruel.

Ooh, Pinkie decides to stand up for Fluttershy! This is gonna be goooooood.

A party? That's the big, "extreme measures" plan? Hehe, sure, sound the challenge on your home ground, Pinkie. And since she does this for everyone new in Ponyville, it's not even suspicious.
    Fluttershy can't bring herself to admit Gilda's cruelty.

"I'm older than you." Hehe... I'm really starting to like the interactions in this show. Their relationships are really believable.

Ahh, it's gonna be a prank party! Give Gilda some of her own medicine - and humiliate her - in an environment that generally likes pranks. This is actually pretty smart thinking, Pinkie; especially if you can drive Gilda to snap and dish out disproportionate retribution, so she'll seem mean and petty.
    Even Rainbow is amused, so Gilda can't do anything but laugh.

Haha, Pinkie is awesome! Playing completely oblivious and sweet, so Gilda has nothing to attack her with.

The prank assault continues. Rainbow is pretty oblivious to her friend's anger - this might explain why they became friends. If Gilda is exclusive with her attention, and Rainbow is "special" to her (perhaps by virtue of being a good flyer), she probably doesn't even know.
    Perhaps all Rainbow got from going to school with Gilda was the arrogance? It would explain enough.

Prankprankprankprankprank! Everyone is positive towards them, except Gilda. Yeah, this is gonna blow up in her face.

Hey! I may not like Spike, but he doesn't deserve to be smashed aside like that. I'm betting the cake (that Gilda is happy to blow out) will contain the big, final prank.
    Oh. Re-igniting candles. Anticlimactic.
    However, Gilda does not appreciate being laughed at. To arrogant people, this is easily the worst social situation, so I can see how this is suitable punishment.
    She holds on to her "yeah, pranks are fun" attitude towards Rainbow, though. Is she just trying to please her friend?

More threats.

Pin the tail on the pony! Gilda has finally been broken down into not trusting anything in this place (I don't blame her, honestly) and completely disgraces herself by slipping and sliding. Part of me actually feels bad for Gilda. This scheming, manipulating, passive-aggressive revenge is not... normally a good way of doing things, and it's something I was happy not to see in Pinkie back in episode 3.
    Yeah, Gilda deserves it, but that's only as far as we know. She probably has her reasons to act like she does, and humiliating her will only perpetuate that behavior.

As predicted, Gilda snaps! Dramatic background, dramatic music, and her arrogance flares up for everyone to see. The voice acting is a little underwhelming, but oh well.

Of course, Rainbow doesn't want to follow her. Wonder what her reason might be.

Oh.
    Rainbow set up the pranks. This is...

... Awesome.

Pinkie isn't a manipulating, scheming person! Rainbow has been insulted by her best friend. Everyone has been acting in good faith.

This turn of events surprised me. I've been tricked. By a children's show.

I... I need to boil this realization out of my brain.

It hurts.

Gilda chooses coolness over friendship. This makes sense. She's in a state of anger, and it takes some time to adjust from "someone is being deliberately mean to me!" to "hey, everyone is actually nice". But when she cools down, she'll probably be too embarassed to remedy this.

Rainbow apologises, and Pinkie and Rainbow make up. This is sweet (and we get a reminder as to why they're friends - zapping galore!)
    Even Twilight apologises for misjudging Pinkie and is quickly forgiven.
    Party time!

The episode ends with Twilight reporting to Celestia abuot what she's learned. Not so... subtle about your moral, are you, MLP?
    Still nice.

So, overall thoughts: This episode's twist surprised me. This is both horrible and awesome, but mostly awesome. The plot was well-constructed (though it took a bit too long before conflict was introduced (but that may have something to do with my pausing the series every few moments and thus stretching out 6 minutes to 30).
    The characters acted believably, and I love the small interaction details. And both Pinkie and Rainbow seem like more developed, likable characters now.

This show is awesome!
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

24. - Top - End - #1464

Yay! New review! Also, total ponification!

That's also what we mean when we talk about Dash's past; she's a product of her upbringing, which was a hypercompetitive and hypercritical environment. That kind of pressure is the reason for the arrogant facade, but that self confidence is really a thin wrapping around a huge bundle of terrified insecurities. You'll see more hints about just how insecure Rainbow is in Sonic Rainboom.

In Rainbow Dash's world, winning is everything and everyone is in competition, all the time. That she can rise above that is the most inspiring thing.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

If we know anything it's that Derpy is not limited by such petty constrains as time. Celebrate Derpy Day today!

Spoiler
    Show
    That pic is SO MUCH WIN.

Hmmm, maybe I'll celebrate Derby Day tomorrow then. Though, I dunno, too shy to write such letters as that. >_>;;

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Troll in the Playground

Yay! New review! Also, total ponification!

That's also what we mean when we talk about Dash's past; she's a product of her upbringing, which was a hypercompetitive and hypercritical environment. That kind of pressure is the reason for the arrogant facade, but that self confidence is really a thin wrapping around a huge bundle of terrified insecurities. You'll see more hints about just how insecure Rainbow is in Sonic Rainboom.

In Rainbow Dash's world, winning is everything and everyone is in competition, all the time. That she can rise above that is the most inspiring thing.
    So... her philosophy, much like Charlie Sheen, is "I'm Winning."

27. - Top - End - #1467

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    So... her philosophy, much like Charlie Sheen, is "I'm Winning."
    Bingo. It's because winning makes you cool, and not being cool makes you an outcast. She absolutely needs to win because she knows, deep down, that if her friends see her as a loser they'll dump her.

This is only a very small jump of logic and it justifies the entire character - and makes a very good character.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground

Bingo. It's because winning makes you cool, and not being cool makes you an outcast. She absolutely needs to win because she knows, deep down, that if her friends see her as a loser they'll dump her.

This is only a very small jump of logic and it justifies the entire character - and makes a very good character.
    This makes a LOT of sense.

Also, it's oven the simplest premises that make the best characters.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

29. - Top - End - #1469

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    This makes a LOT of sense.

Also, it's oven the simplest premises that make the best characters.
    Oven, you say?

Spoiler
    Show

Glad you agree, though. In Phoekun's words, nopony needs the magic of friendship quite as much as Rainbow Dash.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

Funny thing about that episode is how it leaves the idea that Pinkie manipulated everything to expose Gilda open, but lets you choose how to interpret it for youself.

Heck it would explain how Pinkie was seemingly leading Gilda into alot of the pranks (not to mention doing the hand buzzer herself).
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2011-03-02 at 09:46 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.