New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony VI: MUFFINS!

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    It's Friday, it's Friday... the waiting for HD starts...

Question: are the streams linked on ED in HD? And if not, can somebody PM me if it's worth to wait for the HD version? As soon as the episode starts I'm avoiding the thread until I saw the new episode.
    Nope. They're upscales. There is one website that has true HD uploads pretty quickly, and that's what I'll be waiting for, I don't want to see episode with half of the cast and song missing :P

---

By the way, anyone heard of the Metabarons? It's comic series by one of the greatest creative teams of our times, Space Opera running on ridiculous amounts of awesome, telling the tale of family of genetically engineered warriors that during the series become the most powerful beings in the Galaxy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wanna see how much they run on the Rule of Awesome? One of them survives his head blown to pieces by his insane willpower. Don't ask me how this works, and that's pretty mild one by the series' standards.

Why I mention that? Some insane pony made 22 page crossover between the two, and while reading Metabarons makes it 20% cooler, it's enjoyable without it, even
    Above Us Only Sky

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Bugbear in the Playground

Streams are almost never in HD. I can't watch this when it broadcasts so I think I'll be avoiding pony site/thread also...

but 20 man chorus and every pony song.... the wait is killing me...
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Colossus in the Playground

It's 3am. My eyesight is slightly blurred. Boardgames have been packed up. All focus is now on the episodes. The giant ass countdown timer is past 30 minutes till the stream. We're watching Party of One.

This has been totally worth it.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

20 minutes left, the stream window is open, and I can't decide to wait or not to wait. This is brütal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    20 minutes left, the stream window is open, and I can't decide to wait or not to wait. This is brütal.
    Given seven month wait, I'd wait that one day to not spoil the final episode with the trash that is the early upload :P
    Above Us Only Sky

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

I had the day off from school.

I had the dorm's HD TV all to myself.

I had confirmed, previously, that we get the Hub here.

I was ready for the Best. Night. Ever.

AND THE GORRAMN DORM CABLE WON'T TUNE TO THE HUB.

Last edited by averagejoe; 2011-05-08 at 09:54 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

What Twilight has to say about new Ep and your situation:

Spoiler
    Show

Above Us Only Sky

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Given seven month wait, I'd wait that one day to not spoil the final episode with the trash that is the early upload :P
    I wish I wasn't such a weak person... I am watching via stream and sound is terrible.
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Orc in the Playground

Well, that's it. No more pony epidodes for a good few months. Good thing they ended on a high note :)

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

If anyone finds an HD (720p+) source, they'll let those of us not fortunate enough to catch the original airing know ASAP, right?
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-05-06 at 01:07 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground

I missed the first 6 minutes, thanks to forums.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fluttershy stole the show at the end.

"YOU WILL LOVE ME!"

12. - Top - End - #1302

Spoiler
    Show
    Fluttershy was pretty awesome, but I think I preferred Rarity's thread. Prince Blueblood was amazing. (And he knew it.)

13. - Top - End - #1303

Episode spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This episode has to be the last in line for season 1 since Fluttershy is louder here than in any other episode.

Somebody other than the Princess Celestia has to be sponsoring the Grand Galloping Gaia as she always found it to be a bore fess hence the tickets to Twilight Sparkle's group in an attempt to liven things up.

And I don't think it could have been Princess Luna as she was out of the picture for too long to the point where she was really coming back into the picture as we will were learning about it.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Colossus in the Playground

Dear Princess Celestia,

I chickened out.

Twelve hour party. Four PM to Four AM. And the second I saw the lag on the stream that had just gone up, the second I saw one glimpse of Pinkie Pie's face followed by several seconds of long silence, I made my apologies, said my goodbyes, and fled the room.

I went through all that just to watch the live stream, and in the end I chose to go without.

But that's okay. I made the right decision.

I didn't go to that party for the ponies. I didn't come to this fandom for the ponies. The ponies were always amazing, a totally unexpected blast of awesome and kindness and Rainbow Dash out of goddamn nowhere, but it's not why I'm here. My first taste of My Little Pony was on 4chan, where I spent several weeks lurking in silence as is my wont, quietly marvelling at how calm and peaceful the Pony threads were compared to the regular bile that gets slung around in that hellhole. And even after signing up, caving in and watching the episodes I was always there for the fandom.

There are many, many things in this world that can bring people together, people who would otherwise have nothing to do with each other. Bastions of trust in what's increasingly an unfriendly and scary world. There's nationalism, there's religion, there's family, and there's every form of entertainment that ever exists. The ability to find things in common with another human being is the first step towards finding trust. These things can become barriers later, but they're communities first.

And I have been lucky to discover how much I have in common with the people of the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fandom. There are a vast, vast range of fans of this series, with approaches to life and outlooks as varied and contrasting as the group of friends who star in this show. Artists, musicians, writers, comedians, video editors, programmers, students, businessmen, and so many others are all brought together by this one shared experience. So what draws such different people into the same circle? How am I sharing a thread and a mindset with people from such different walks of life?

I think the thing we all have in common is friendship.

That deep down, we remember what matters. That when we're presented with something soppy and girly but well executed we can find it within ourselves to remember what that was like. That we all have had friends in the past, or want to have friends in the future, and want to be able to trust other people to do right by them. And that, in confessing you like something as girly as My Little Pony to strangers, to let them in on a part of yourself that is not covered in walls of suspicion, paranoia and machismo and have them agree with you, lift you up and carry you along with them is one of the ultimate acts of trust.

I just went to a real life party with twenty five people who I had never met before and I was wearing a T-Shirt with a rainbow coloured lightning bolt on it. And I got told I was awesome for doing so. These people are now my friends.

There are many things that bring people together. The FIM cast came together to defeat Nightmare Moon. But that was an excuse. The real prize was gaining each other as friends. The Cutie Mark Crusaders came together to earn their cutie marks but, if they all got their marks tomorrow, they'd still be together because the cutie marks were the excuse. These are the deceptions we use to get our foot in the door with interesting new people, the social dance around the core message, which is always, "I like you! I think you're interesting! I want to know more about you!"

And even if this last episode proves to be a bust, even if Lauren Faust hands over creative control of Friendship is Magic to Tommy Wiseau tomorrow and the dream of ponies collapse, well, that's just the death of the excuse. And perhaps we'd wake up realising we don't need the excuse. We'd realise that we're here because we enjoy each other's company and the ponies are an entertaining sideline.

And so, I skipped the last episode.

Tonight, when I go to bed, that final episode where Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash finally confess their true feelings to each other is still true.

Tonight, when I go to bed, that final episode where Filaminia and Baron Awesome duel over an exploding volcano is still canon.

Tonight, when I go to bed, that final episode where all the fanons and timelines collapse and blend together is still possible.

Tonight, when I go to bed, Midnight gets her cutie mark.

And tomorrow, when I wake up, no matter what happened in that final episode, I will still come to this thread. I'll still navigate the labrynth of spoiler boxes. I'll still read every fic, art or video people post here. I'll still try and post my own where I can.

Because tomorrow, when the sun rises and the dust has settled over the first series of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic you will still all be my friends.

Dear Princess Celestia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic taught me a wonderful lesson. It taught me that there are people out there who'll accept the gentle parts of me as readily as the cool parts of me. It taught me that people are just itching for a chance to be kind, polite, civil and amazing if only they could find the right excuse. It taught me that quality television can slip through under the radar and get the reception it deserves.

Thank you for this lesson.

I promise I will never, ever forget. Wherever I go, whatever I do, some part of me will remember when everyone on the internet started acting like human beings because of cartoon ponies.

Your faithful student,

Daniel "Thanqol" Pronin.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ettin in the Playground

Well. I just realized today that our TV does, in fact, have the Hub available. I mentally smacked myself, and then sat down to watch. But the best part? Now that my sisters have seen the first couple of episodes (the older's on Griffon, the younger on Look Before You Sleep), they decided to sit down and watch with me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fluttershy's deteriorating mental health was HILARIOUS. We were all laughing hysterically when we got to "YOU WILL LOVE ME!"

And I personally found Rarity - who is the bestest pony - hilarious in this episode as well. Gales of laughter at her dropping the glass slipper - and then going back to smash it.

Musical number was good. Personally, I liked "Winter Wrap-Up" better, but it got across a lot of the necessary exposition. Pinkie Pie's song was... meh.

And we got another "everypony laughs" ending. Best part: the look of awkwardness on Celestia's face. Right after the episode ends, I'm sure that she says something like "Oh, and you're paying for the giant statue of me." Or "Oh, there's the palace guard, out looking for me. Maybe I should have told someone I was leaving."

Aaaand there are already flutterage pictures on Ponibooru. That didn't take long!

@Thanqol:

I have no words, soul bro. You have cut to the heart of what it means to be a member of this fandom.

I have no words. But maybe that's the point. Maybe I'm supposed to go looking for them.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2011-05-06 at 01:37 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

16. - Top - End - #1306

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Dear Princess Celestia,

Your faithful student,

Daniel "Thanqol" Pronin.
    Before I speak about the episode itself, I just have to say that this is might be one of the most eloquent posts about this whole damn thing, and it made me realize that I think the exact same goddamn thing. You're all my buddies, no matter what the distance. I couldn't have put any of it better than you just did. Thanks, Thanqol. You're really one awesome dude, you know that?

As for the episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hollyy damn that was really a good episode. They stuffed as much as they possibly could into their short running time.

The song wasn't in the same bracket of Winter Wrap Up or Art of the Dress, but it was decent and served to quickly remind the audience what everyponies goals were, considering Ticket Master was the third episode.

I absolutely loved Fluttershy and Rarities threads, but then Celestia absolutely stole the show with those few lines.

"...Run."

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Firbolg in the Playground

GRRRRR!
    I've been trying to actually catch an episode of MLP on TV since I first heard of it, but it seems every week something has happened that stopped me from watching it. I was FINALLY gonna get to see it on TV this week, but once again, I got distracted until the show was half-over, then it was too late to tune in! DAMN YOU NCIS! DAMN YOU!
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1308

still haven't seen the eps... aaaagghghhh avoid spoilers!

Quick! Somepony sent Thanqol's letter to ED as the new "letter to the fandom"! It must be shared!
    -Mako Mankanshoku

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Goodness, on the way to thread seven already, I have been away for a while now.

Spoiler
    Show
    I honestly have mixed feelings about the finale. I think it stems from my above average sense of chagrin when it comes to seeing characters in bad situations. The moment the expo-song began, I knew it was going to be a matter of dashed dreams and haltered hopes. The fabulous five taking it a step further only furthered my urge to just bury my head in my hands and wait for it all to be over. Honestly, I totally expected Pinkie to take it too far, though.

It may be my inner fancolt speaking, but Fluttershy's descent was really jarring to me. She's got a decent villainous laugh, though, so props for that.

Twilight arguably had it the best of the bunch. She might not have gotten a chance to talk to Celestia, but she was at least by her side all night.

And yeah, I found it fantastic when the princess told her to run.
    "The humans of the internet are uncouth. When I said I was an Asgardian God, they called me a troll!"
    *pause*
    "But you're a half-giant."
    "Exactly! They wouldn't accept it."

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    GRRRRR!
    I've been trying to actually catch an episode of MLP on TV since I first heard of it, but it seems every week something has happened that stopped me from watching it. I was FINALLY gonna get to see it on TV this week, but once again, I got distracted until the show was half-over, then it was too late to tune in! DAMN YOU NCIS! DAMN YOU!
    In all fairness, NCIS is pretty awesome. Totally need to have a Pony reference in somewhere.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    In all fairness, NCIS is pretty awesome. Totally need to have a Pony reference in somewhere.
    Tony's a Brony, for sure.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

new episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh Fluttershy, you are soooo crazy. We love you and don't despair.

This totally supports the theory of Trollesta. I guess 1.000 years of single rule with no problems whatsoever drive some ponies to drastic measures. I'd live to see an prank competition between the two sisters in the next season.
    ― Joseph Stalin

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Orc in the Playground

Dear Princess Celestia,

Your faithful student,

Daniel "Thanqol" Pronin.
    Ladies and gentlecolts, THAT is the true finale to this season of MLP. I don't think anything more needs to be said.

Thanks for putting things so eloquently Thanqol. Pretty sure I'll never meet you (or any of the other people in this thread really), but it's nice to think that we could be friends, if ever the excuse arises.

24. - Top - End - #1314

ok...I am a convert

Spoiler
    Show
    No more Tyrantia, Trollestia is best Celestia. (Troll face included in episode)

Song was good but WWU remains the top favorite

and so it goes now that Andrea Libman (Pinkie, Fluttershy) is the leading voice of crazy ponies.
    -Mako Mankanshoku

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Tony's a Brony, for sure.
    I'd think it'd be more likely to be either McGee, Abby, or Palmer, though Tony would be more of a surprise. I'm going to go with Gibbs secretly watching the show.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ettin in the Playground

So, after an entire season of Friendship, who is your favorite pony? Yes, I'm talking to you. You know who you are!

For me, it's currently:
    1. Rarity
    2. Fluttershy
    3. Rainbow Dash
    (3b. Princess Celestia)
    4. Pinkie Pie
    5. Twilight Sparkle
    6. Applejack

For various reasons. Braeburn and Doctor Whooves are my favorite background ponies, and Nightmare Moon is my favorite villain.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground

Rarity+Rainbow Dash
    Pinkie Pie+Twilight Sparkle
    Fluttershy
    Applejack

For background ponies, Derpy and Braeburn. For minor charries, Trixie!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Orc in the Playground

Hmm.

1: Fluttershy Ok! We love you! Don't kill us!
    2: Rarity
    3: Twilight Sparkle
    4: Pinkie Pie/Applejack/Rainbow Dash
    (Honestly, can't bring oneself to rank any of them 5th or 6th. All have their moments.)

Angel for best pet, and it's far far too late in the evening to be thinking of other rankings.

Sorry, I know you weren't talking to me. Just wanted in on the listing :)
    Last edited by Darkmyst; 2011-05-06 at 03:41 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh my, it's always the quite ones...
    Spoiler
    Show

It was a good episode. Sucks that we won't see new episodes for a few months...

30. - Top - End - #1320

So I am to rank the ponies from best to least best?

1. Best pony.
    2. This is a tie between and
    6. She really needs to get herself a focus episode already.