New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kaito coughed as he landed, shock evident in his eyes as he gazes up at Viatrix...and the fox. He blinks, but doesn't freak out.

'I wonder why she has...not improtant!'

"Fine. No fighting. It'll help if she stays quiet until the rest of us leave."

He shot a glare at Yoko.

"Because I don't want you following us, frankly."

He turned his eyes back to Viatrix.

"My request is related to the "rumor" she spoke of. I'd like to see what you have, hear what each item does, before coming to a financial arrangement. I'll have to come another day for a broader selection of wares."

'Promise the person who's obviously an enthusiastic capitalist future business, and it might smooth feathers.'
    Yoko rubs her neck gingerly before looking at Sora. "You're just going to let him hurt a girl like that? I didn't do anything, I was just talking to an old acquittance about the goings on of our lovely city!."

She then looks back at Kaito. "I don't remember wanting you to come along, and I'm not following your "us". I'm following Sora-kun."
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Orc in the Playground

Viatrix looks up at Yoko. "Shut up, buy something, or get out."

Then back down to Kaito, lifting her arm and assisting him up if he so wishes. "I can arrange something. Wait here for a moment." With that, she exits to the back of the store. Fuchs sits on the counter, watching with an eyeless face.

In a few minutes, Viatrix returns with a couple boxes. Opening one reveals... a few normal-looking cell-phones. "These, I can vouch for. They're your basic communicator and hollow tracker."

She opens the other, revealing... glasses. Ordinary-looking glasses, with frames of many different colors. "These, well, I'll be honest, I got them from someone for a favor. They seem to be trackers of sorts, but I haven't seen everything they can do. I'm a busy woman, after all. But given they were essentially free, as opposed to my having to buy the trackers, I can give you a better price."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-06-05 at 09:19 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post

Then back down to Kaito, lifting her arm and assisting him up if he so wishes. "I can arrange something. Wait here for a moment." With that, she exits to the back of the store. Fuchs sits on the counter, watching with an eyeless face.

In a few minutes, Viatrix returns with a couple boxes. Opening one reveals... a few normal-looking cell-phones. "These, I can vouch for. They're your basic communicator and hollow tracker."

She opens the other, revealing... glasses. Ordinary-looking glasses, with frames of many different colors. "These, well, I'll be honest, I got them from someone for a favor. They seem to be trackers of sorts, but I haven't seen everything they can do. I'm a busy woman, after all. But given they were essentially free, as opposed to my having to buy the trackers, I can give you a better price."
    Kaito accepted the help without shame. He patiently waited for Viatrix to return, even as he managed to barely fight off the smirk as Vi rebuked Yoko.

As Vi explained the merchandize, he nodded.

"So have you confirmed that, at the least, the glasses can track energy in one manner or another?

How much per pair on glasses, and how much for each of the other devices? How do the other devices mesh with existing cell networks?
    "
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #1144

"I'm not the one who tried to start a brawl in your shop. In front of customers, no less." She then walks over to the reishi cola and takes one. "You said 'or'. If I buy I don't have to go?" She smiles sweetly at the collected individuals.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Yoko rubs her neck gingerly before looking at Sora. "You're just going to let him hurt a girl like that? I didn't do anything, I was just talking to an old acquittance about the goings on of our lovely city!."

She then looks back at Kaito. "I don't remember wanting you to come along, and I'm not following your "us". I'm following Sora-kun."
    Sora's eye twitches.

"Christ, if she keeps this up I'll need to start smoking."

He bites his lip, attempting to ignore Yoko.
    It wouldn't be good if right after Kaito started to be his 'friend', he brutally maimed someone.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-06-06 at 12:19 AM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #1146

Content that the transaction has been established, the man looks at his pocket watch for a moment before silently taking his leave.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Arriving at the meeting point, a Garganta large enough to fit a bus through can be seen, along with some measure of shielding to prevent the large reiatsu signature from broadcasting itself too far out.

Two teams of three Kido corp members are on hand with the equipment to transmit their energy to maintaining the gate as well as monitor and guard the portal.

"Alright teams, move out. Secure the campsite and set up." comes Takeshi's command as he draws his Zanpakuto and leaps in.

(Kido Corp Plot arc will continue in the Hueco Mundo thread, when I'm on lunch break. )
    Alice draws Kurarentou as well and leaps toward the Garganta, pausing momentarily to smile back at the teams before following Takeshi and the others to the other side.

(Then I will sleeplessly keep my eye on the Hueco Mundo thread! Right ater I finish being distracted)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kaito accepted the help without shame. He patiently waited for Viatrix to return, even as he managed to barely fight off the smirk as Vi rebuked Yoko.

As Vi explained the merchandize, he nodded.

"So have you confirmed that, at the least, the glasses can track energy in one manner or another?

How much per pair on glasses, and how much for each of the other devices? How do the other devices mesh with existing cell networks?
    "
    "The 'phones'... ¥40000. As far as I know they're otherwise normal phones."

((About $500.))

"The glasses, ¥9500."

((About $120.))

Viatrix looks at the group with a neutral expression. Then, she gives in to emotion a little. Or does she? "...But. We're both reasonable, right? If I lower the prices a little, perhaps I could consider this a favor. The only thing nearly as valuable as money are favors."

She considers for a moment. "If you're interested, ¥3200 for the glasses, or ¥16000 for the phones."

(($40 and $200 respectively.))

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "I'm not the one who tried to start a brawl in your shop. In front of customers, no less." She then walks over to the reishi cola and takes one. "You said 'or'. If I buy I don't have to go?" She smiles sweetly at the collected individuals.
    Viatrix throws a glare at Yoko. "Don't try to be cute."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #1149

Sora's stares at Viatrix, his eyes wide. ¥40000 for a single phone? They weren't walking around with ¥120,000! They couldn't even afford the phones with Viatrix's 'favor'. They could maybe afford the glasses with her favor.

Maybe. He had about ¥4000 on him.

(About 48 dollars.)

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito gains a slight frown at the pricing. The tracker phone was just too much.

"I'll take a pair of the glasses. I'm sorry, but I just don't have the money to buy the phone right now. Perhaps later."

I mean, he's just a high-school kid. It's not like he's rolling in money.

"Do you know how to activate at least the basic mode on them?"

He seems genuinely curious about the devices.

His mood seems to have improved a bit, though it's likely in part due to the fact he's blatantly ignoring Yoko.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    <You ever miss them?> Eirene asks, delicately eating her appetizer. <I haven't been away from my sister for more than a few weeks. I can't imagine what it's like.>
    Mihail thinks for a moment. <"No, not really">, he says, <"I don't really think of them. I always have something else to focus on. Besides, I'll always have a memory of them.">

<"You sound you're really close with your sister. I find that admirable.">
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Orc in the Playground

[Furousha Shop]

"There's a button on the frame, pretty sure." Viatrix nods, allowing Kaito to get a feel for them before insisting on payment.

Once Kaito turns them on, he will be nearly bombarded with bars, targeting schemas, and analysis of those surrounding him with general strength and type of energy. With every glance, each person in the room is given a distinctive identification number.

"So, what do you think?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Mihail thinks for a moment. <"No, not really">, he says, <"I don't really think of them. I always have something else to focus on. Besides, I'll always have a memory of them.">

<"You sound you're really close with your sister. I find that admirable.">
    <She doesn't make it easy. She doesn't like to admit that she needs her sister around.> She pours herself her third glass of wine. <She pretends to be self-sufficient and all. She thinks herself as the "independent businesswoman." Which is her excuse for not having a boyfriend.>

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Furousha Shop]

"There's a button on the frame, pretty sure." Viatrix nods, allowing Kaito to get a feel for them before insisting on payment.

Once Kaito turns them on, he will be nearly bombarded with bars, targeting schemas, and analysis of those surrounding him with general strength and type of energy. With every glance, each person in the room is given a distinctive identification number.

"So, what do you think?"
    Kaito takes a few moments to start processing the input from the glasses. Slowly, he seems to get a rough grasp on it. He turns to face Viatrix.

"I'll take a pair."

He digs out his wallet, actually producing a debit card. He hands it over with a sheepish grin.

"My parents gave me an account to teach me responsible money management and all that. I've done some odd jobs here and there that gave me a little cash, enough for this at least."

Once payment is made, he tries fiddling with the button on the side, exploring the frames for more controls, or at least seeing what, if any, "modes" it might have.

After that, he tried making it "focus" on each individual in the store, mainly for the sake of his curiosity.

15. - Top - End - #1155

Sora blushes nervously.

"Erm... What's the favor? I think I can do that and give you some money for the glasses..."

He avoids looking at Kaito and Izumi, preferring to pretend like he totally can afford these glasses.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi frowns. "While we're here... do you have a way for a Shinigami in a body to get out of it? Preferably one which can protect the body."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Orc in the Playground

Kaito will find a dial-like button that when pressed, and rotated, cycles between singular tracking IDs of those he's 'captured' with them. Another press will turn the focused tracking off, returning it to keeping a beacon over all spiritual beings he's catalogued.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora blushes nervously.

"Erm... What's the favor? I think I can do that and give you some money for the glasses..."

He avoids looking at Kaito and Izumi, preferring to pretend like he totally can afford these glasses.
    "I haven't decided yet."

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Izumi frowns. "While we're here... do you have a way for a Shinigami in a body to get out of it? Preferably one which can protect the body."
    "...Sure, that's easy enough. I can give you something for ¥7200." Vi pulls out a artificial soul container... which looks oddly like a plastic container with several moderately sized jawbreakers.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi looks at her. "Sure, I can handle that."

...lucky that I save a lot of my pocket money.

"How does it actually... work?"

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    <She doesn't make it easy. She doesn't like to admit that she needs her sister around.> She pours herself her third glass of wine. <She pretends to be self-sufficient and all. She thinks herself as the "independent businesswoman." Which is her excuse for not having a boyfriend.>
    <"Pretends? Would you say she's not succesful in it, then?">, Mihail asks, mildly curious as they wait for the next course to arrive.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Izumi looks at her. "Sure, I can handle that."

...lucky that I save a lot of my pocket money.

"How does it actually... work?"
    "You 'eat' one. When you need to get back in, you basically... well, hop back in." Viatrix shrugs. "It's not rocket science."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ogre in the Playground

"Okay."

Izumi takes out her debit card to pay for it, as well. "What are they called?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Orc in the Playground

"The shinigami call them artificial souls, and sometimes soul candy." Viatrix swipes the debit cards, then nods to the kids with a slight smirk. "Hope you don't mind if I ask you for your phone numbers?"
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-06-08 at 03:38 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi frowns. "Can I ask why?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Orc in the Playground

"How else am I going to tell you when I want that favor returned?" Viatrix grins a catlike grin.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #1165

Sora sighs, and bites his lip.

"I'll do the favor, and buy the glasses."

He's avoiding staring at anyone directly.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"The shinigami call them artificial souls, and sometimes soul candy." Viatrix swipes the debit cards, then nods to the kids with a slight smirk. "Hope you don't mind if I ask you for your phone numbers?"
    "How else am I going to tell you when I want that favor returned?" Viatrix grins a catlike grin.
    Kaito starts to speak up to give her his number, then stops as he clearly thinks something over.

"I agree, on the condition that I have the freedom to turn down a particular favor if I find it distasteful or whatnot. I would still be obligated, and you could simply ask another favor later on."

If she agrees to the terms, he'll give over his phone number as well, before stepping back to continue fiddling with the glasses.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

"Same conditions as Kaito."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #1168

Yoko's been abnormally silent throughout the whole ordeal. Until, of course, they talk about actually getting the phones. "Can those things track each other?"

29. - Top - End - #1169

Sora grits his teeth.

"I agree to whatever sort of favor you want. After all, it's your prices, and your decision."

A small grin comes over his face.

"Besides, how could I try to deny a favor? It'd be rude, crass, and kind of despicable."

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, why would I give you a reason to mistrust me? I accept your terms, of course." Viatrix records the numbers to her smartphone, totally not under a 'suckers' folder.

Not like anyone could see it.

The Bount nods to Sora, going through the same transaction as the others.

((Don't see a need to elongate this much further, shall we timeskip ahead? ))

Elsewhere...

Rex's tracking skills prove useful in finding the spot with enough residual energy to recognize the presences of a few hollows as well as something else...

But it just vanishes from beyond that point.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-06-09 at 05:03 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!