Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's true.

Spoiler
    Show

: Burn it with fire!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIII

4 pages? In my sleep? And only two when I am awake?
    What, does my very existence somehow slow down the thread?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    : Burn it with fire!

Burning books with fire is naughty and you shouldn't do it. It makes nasty smoke and the fire could spread and hurt innocent plants and animals. It also takes too long. Just banish it to the sun, it's faster and safer.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    4 pages? In my sleep? And only two when I am awake?
    What, does my very existence somehow slow down the thread?
    Yes. It's just like waiting for Santa as a kid. Sooner you go to bed, sooner he shows up.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

So after 6+ months of constantly seeing a MLP thread here, along with the rise of pony avatars left and right, I decided to investigate this show myself. Got to say, I am impressed. A few minor things didn't sit well with me, but overall I enjoyed it. Thanks for inciting my curiosity on this!

Also: Darthbobcat, I loved the Meet the Spy / Fluttermac picture you posted two pages back.

Really have nothing more to contribute right now. Just debating whether I want to devote the entirety of my free time to catching up on all of the fanfics you guys have been posting left and right.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    So after 6+ months of constantly seeing a MLP thread here, along with the rise of pony avatars left and right, I decided to investigate this show myself. Got to say, I am impressed. A few minor things didn't sit well with me, but overall I enjoyed it. Thanks for inciting my curiosity on this!

Also: Darthbobcat, I loved the Meet the Spy / Fluttermac picture you posted two pages back.

Really have nothing more to contribute right now. Just debating whether I want to devote the entirety of my free time to catching up on all of the fanfics you guys have been posting left and right.
    Welcome to the herd, sir.

And the answer is 'yes'.

7. - Top - End - #157

And the answer is 'yes'.
    Just be warned that it may, in fact, take the rest of your natural life.

And then you'll descend into ponysanity. Just like the rest of us have.

8. - Top - End - #158

And the answer is 'yes'.
    Thank you, and I suppose that when you put it like that, I really have no arguments. If they end up half as good as the show, it will be time well spent. Suppose I'll dig into them when I get up tomorrow, depending on if I end up having plans or not.

Ponysanity? This concept both frightens and intrigues me.
    Last edited by Kurgan; 2011-07-02 at 07:51 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post

I find this both ominous and amusing.

10. - Top - End - #160

Ponysanity? This concept both frightens and intrigues me.
    Ponysanity as a word is 40% longer than "Sanity". And that's like there was a 20% cooler explosion... and then there was a 20% cooler explosion AGAIN!

11. - Top - End - #161

Ponysanity as a word is 40% longer than "Sanity". And that's like there was a 20% cooler explosion... and then there was a 20% cooler explosion AGAIN!
    This right here? This is a classic case of ponysanity. Can you imagine? Thanqol was once a normal human being, with normal human thought patterns.

And now...

12. - Top - End - #162

Now he's up 63.7% of a megarainbow (measurement of awesome). Roughly speaking.

13. - Top - End - #163

This right here? This is a classic case of ponysanity. Can you imagine? Thanqol was once a normal human being, with normal human thought patterns.

And now...
    I was what? When? I don't remember any such thing Are you a spy?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

So... ponysanity also involves retrograde amnesia? That'll explain my inability to recall... my... human... days... wait.

15. - Top - End - #165

And now...
    I don't know, so far the advantages of ponysanity seem to be outweighing the drawbacks. After all, Thanqol descended into ponysanity, and as a result pulled off perhaps the best lp I've ever seen of Europa III. Are there any serious issues that come up as this condition escalates?

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    So... ponysanity also involves retrograde amnesia? That'll explain my inability to recall... my... human... days... wait.
    I remember. I'll always remember. I won't let what we once were be forgotten! This, I, Midnight, vow!

Wait, what? Oh, damn, what was my real name again...uh...right! Midnight!

I don't know, so far the advantages of ponysanity seem to be outweighing the drawbacks. After all, Thanqol descended into ponysanity, and as a result pulled off perhaps the best lp I've ever seen of Europa III. Are there any serious issues that come up as this condition escalates?
    I'll just tell you this, it's sometimes hard to type on my keyboard with hooves.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-07-02 at 08:16 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Allow me to present a case study.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I left for my D&D session and you people already have four pages. That is literally a page an hour. Sort of. Whatever.

Anyway, I think I might have just displayed the most advanced form of pony infection I've ever seen. Story time!

Spoiler
    Show
    *my brother is a fellow brony, btw*

So I've just finished my first honest session as a DM. I'm seeing the players out the door, all had fun, good times. I turn and see my brother, silhouette framed in the door. He looks...disappointed? Confused? Accusatory? Maybe he didn't like something in the session? Did I mess up or something?

I ask him what's wrong. He just shakes his head. "Goddess of time, Amish? Really?"

I was confused. What was wrong with the matron deity of the main city? Did I do something wrong with it?

He shakes his head again. "Think back to what your description was, and you tell me."

I think back. I had said this was a goddess concerned with the passage of time. In the early days of the city, the farmers had a really strict growing season, and their lives depending on the seasons changing on time, the days being the right lengths, and so on and so forth and oh gosh I've made Celestia the matron deity.

And it was completely unintentional.

Not only have the ponies invaded my subconscious (I've had the dreams too), they are now planting suggestions and ideas. I have been Inception'd with/by ponies. And they've let me figure it out. WHY HAVE THEY LET ME FIGURE IT OUT.

Clearly this means it is too late already. We are all doomed. The world will fall to ponies, the party will be compleat. And the pink one will arrive as scheduled.
    Be the judge. Also, you might develop a sudden need to get a pony avatar.

18. - Top - End - #168

Gasp! Does this mean I get to count you as a convert!? That pushes me up to 8!

Ponysanity has had me more productive than I've ever been in my entire life; LPs, fics, art, videos, 'round the board. I've never produced more, or faster. If anything, this humanity thing has been holding me back.

I remember. I'll always remember. I won't let what we once were be forgotten! This, I, Midnight, vow!

Wait, what? Oh, damn, what was my real name again...uh...right! Midnight!
    Don't be silly. Your name is Princess Mommy.

I'll just tell you this, it's sometimes hard to type on my keyboard with hooves.
    Quit your whining, unicorn
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-07-02 at 08:18 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169

Gasp! Does this mean I get to count you as a convert!? That pushes me up to 8!

Ponysanity has had me more productive than I've ever been in my entire life; LPs, fics, art, videos, 'round the board. I've never produced more, or faster. If anything, this humanity thing has been holding me back.
    Yes, one of the symptoms of Ponysanity is increased creativity. It's really quite impressive!

Don't be silly. Your name is Princess Mommy.
    Oh, right, of course darling, I forgot!

Quit your whining, unicorn
    Hey, sometimes Mommy's horn gets tired from all the magic, and she has to use her hooves.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-07-02 at 08:28 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking of the LP, are you continuing it into Gal Civ 2? Just asking. You know. Not from any secret desire to see the Terror Star Otto Herbelin blow up a star. Nope. No sirree.

I'm going to sit here like a human now. Because seats with backrests are meant to be used.

21. - Top - End - #171

Hey, sometimes Mommy's horn gets tired from all the magic, and she has to use her hooves.
    I wish I had a horn. All I've got is a dumb mask, which ponies on the internet can't even see. Dumb rock!

Speaking of the LP, are you continuing it into Gal Civ 2? Just asking. You know. Not from any secret desire to see the Terror Star Otto Herbelin blow up a star. Nope. No sirree.

I'm going to sit here like a human now. Because seats with backrests are meant to be used.
    Quite likely, provided I can appropriately manage screenshotting

Ponies got you covered, bro.

Ponies

Spoiler
    Show

Got you

Spoiler
    Show

Covered.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-07-02 at 08:42 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Ah, okay. I could see that. An all consuming perfectionism that's prevented her from really enjoying anything.

Purple Pie: Spitfire, we need to talk.

Also, yes, Fluttermac was the first ship I was ever willing to seriously consider.
    Fluttermac wouldn't work. Fluttershy's defining characteristic is her kindness and her drive to care for other. The one time when she couldn't care for the critters at the Gala and was rejected by them it drove her crazy. Really, really crazy. So what would she get from being with Big Mac? He is physical strong and mentally stable, so unless he is very clumsy and gets hurt a lot he doesn't need her. And I don't think Fluttershy could stand that.

And I like the term ponysanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh, that depends on your definition of "serious issues", my good man. Do you mind voices in your head (multiple at once after the condition progresses), occasional bouts of thinking you're some sort of magical equine, or using your literary talents to critique pony fanfiction over the internet instead of doing something useful with it like your English teachers would want? Because heck if I am, I hated English class! Who are they to tell me what stories are or aren't worth my time! And who says I can't start a sentence with "because"? Rabble rabble rabble!

*ahem* Er, right. Sorry. Bit off track there.

Unfortunately for you, it's already too late. You may think you have a choice now, but that's just a common symptom; early stages of delusion and major denial. Trust me, I was there too. You've already posted in a pony thread, and may I be so bold to assume that you've started looking at fanart? The ponies are in your system, lad, and there's no getting them out.

I'm sorry, but you've got the silly. And it's terminal AWESOME.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    If you want specific recommendations from me, well, I like people to read my stories, obviously. (I'm Bobcat on ED and I have my own author tag and everything!)
    I don't think I've told you how much I love you for linking Misted Stage to anypony who asks for a fanfic recommendation, so... I love you as much as Lyra loves Twilight for linking my story to anypony who asks for a fanfic recommendation.

Having Fluttershy as a conscience must be interesting. Probably more conductive to mental stability than, say, Metal Mask and a Banana, or Baron Awesome and the Druid Droid.

[...]

Well, it's still better than that time Raz_Fox was acting as my conscience.
    Excuse me, what? I've never acted as your conscience! Well, maybe as your moral mentor and adviser, but never as a conscience, per se.

And I'm pretty sure that the Cheshire Cat is one half of my conscience. I'm not sure who the other one is. It might be the Doctor, which would explain why I've been having these urges to start randomly running places and licking the walls in between tea parties.

Wheeeeeeeee
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Halfling in the Playground

New fic

Spoiler
    Show
    Josh lags onto screen

Josh: Hahahahahahaha I am the only one who can read dragonslayers without going insane

Lags off
    Huge thanks to Kairaven for my avatar.

At the moment pony.uk are low on Fan-Fics and could really use some, find out more here.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Buh-but I don't want to be ponysane. I mean, if that's okay with you. I got Fluttershy on the pony test.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

So wait...... if I overdose on pony I can get the mane cast as voices in my head?

BRING ME MORE PONY.

I SHALL TRANSCEND INSANITY.
    Last edited by Shadowy; 2011-07-02 at 10:39 AM.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

28. - Top - End - #178
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    So wait...... if I overdose on pony I can get the mane cast as voices in my head?

BRING ME MORE PONY.

I SHALL TRANSCEND INSANITY.
    NO! YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH, SHADOW!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #179

Guys, guess what I did! I put something new into the MLP:FiM:The Thread:The Game project! I need it would like it looked at (Bonus World: Angmare, which isn't finished yet, and Scions of Angmare under Mooks, also added to the soundtrack). I feel like I'm the only one who remembers the project, with the last three entries in the discussion document being mine. So, please, check it out!

Edit:@^ NEVER ENOUGH PONY!
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2011-07-02 at 10:41 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Guys, guess what I did! I put something new into the MLP:FiM:The Thread:The Game project! I need it would like it looked at (Bonus World: Angmare, which isn't finished yet, and Scions of Angmare under Mooks, also added to the soundtrack). I feel like I'm the only one who remembers the project, with the last three entries in the discussion document being mine. So, please, check it out!

Edit:@^ NEVER ENOUGH PONY!
    Don't worry, I remember the project. I just keep getting sidetracked. This time by a little clay Pinkie Pie.