New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    "Uuuun~... I never thought about it..." Zombie-chan's eyes drift off...

"I don't know what name I want, zom. Don't mommies and daddies give them to their babies, zom?..." She gets up and walks around a little after being freed. It's quite obvious Sun Wha's work is sufficient. She also moves her arms a little. "...I'm fine, zom."
    "Well, most of the time, yes. But it seems like yours is a rather special case, isn't it?" Sun Wha smiles brightly at the girl, trying to make the girl feel comfortable with her. "And I'm glad that you're feeling well! I wasn't sure what the aftereffects of decapitation would be, since there usually aren't any." Sun Wha smiles at her own attempt at a joke, though she doesn't really expect the girl to do the same. She really hoped Goro would get back soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Karite grins at Seiko. "Heh. You know me Seiko. A Hollow couldn't take me so easily." He winks at the newly anointed eleventh captain.

"I'm too damn good for them. Or it. Or him. Whatever my new acquaintance is." He taps the side of his head.

"It's weird, really. I don't feel any different. It feels like... like I've been fine all along."

The suspended vice-captain looks rather... thoughtful. "I wonder if that's how his Hollow got him..." If Seiko knows Shinigami History at all, he should know there's only one other Vizard in the history of Seireitei.

Hannibal.
    "You're damn right you're too good for it. I didn't think that some Hollow would be able to take you down. Good to know that you haven't been slacking." Seiko downed the rest of his drink, then ordered another for him and for Karite.

He glanced over to Karite. "It's not anything you can stop now. What's done is done, right? There's no good or bad about it now, just how well you handle it. And from what I can see, it's a lose-lose situation for you. Use its power, and it'll take you over from the inside. Try to fight it, and you'll constantly be battling yourself, and you'll never have a moment of peace. So you know what I recommend?"

He grinned at Karite. "Ignore it. You don't need its power, and you don't need its drama. You've done just fine without it, and you don't need to fight it if you don't pay attention to it. Sure, you have a monster in your head. Show everyone that the monster is just in your head and not outside too, and who really cares? You can't exorcise it, and it's not your fault that it's there now, so just do your best despite it, and what can they do? Besides, keep training with that limiter on, and just think of what you'll be able to do without it."
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    "Well, most of the time, yes. But it seems like yours is a rather special case, isn't it?" Sun Wha smiles brightly at the girl, trying to make the girl feel comfortable with her. "And I'm glad that you're feeling well! I wasn't sure what the aftereffects of decapitation would be, since there usually aren't any." Sun Wha smiles at her own attempt at a joke, though she doesn't really expect the girl to do the same. She really hoped Goro would get back soon...

"I'm not sure that I would say that, Sun Wha-san. In my experience, there are at least a few spasms associated with it."

Goro knocks on the already-opened door perfunctorily, taking off his sakkat as he enters. His face remains perfectly staid, making it somewhat difficult to tell whether he is joking, or merely pointing out a minor point of field medicine, though his general attitude lends itself to the latter.

"I apologize for the delay in pickup; writing my report took a bit longer than expected. Still, it seems as though everything is in order... is there anything I can do for you before I take possession of my prisoner again?"

Seemingly ignored by Goro, the nameless girl's Sakadatsu rests idly on the returned shinigami's hip, ironically better-fitted to him than its proper owner.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #903
    Bugbear in the Playground

"You're damn right you're too good for it. I didn't think that some Hollow would be able to take you down. Good to know that you haven't been slacking." Seiko downed the rest of his drink, then ordered another for him and for Karite.

He glanced over to Karite. "It's not anything you can stop now. What's done is done, right? There's no good or bad about it now, just how well you handle it. And from what I can see, it's a lose-lose situation for you. Use its power, and it'll take you over from the inside. Try to fight it, and you'll constantly be battling yourself, and you'll never have a moment of peace. So you know what I recommend?"

He grinned at Karite. "Ignore it. You don't need its power, and you don't need its drama. You've done just fine without it, and you don't need to fight it if you don't pay attention to it. Sure, you have a monster in your head. Show everyone that the monster is just in your head and not outside too, and who really cares? You can't exorcise it, and it's not your fault that it's there now, so just do your best despite it, and what can they do? Besides, keep training with that limiter on, and just think of what you'll be able to do without it."
    Karite returned a grin to his friend. "How do ya think I won Seiko? Beat him in a game of darts?" He takes a sip of his drink, holding the top of the cup loosely in his left hand. "Nah, Shina and me froze 'im solid. He can't even move now."

He winks at his friend as the man suggests for him to train. "'Course I'll train. It wouldn't do for the new ones to beat me down. It'd play hell with their self esteem and get slaughtered on their first mission. And then I'd feel terrible that the poor ickle cadets couldn't handle a Hollow!" His eyes widened in mock horror, then he winced.

"But that would be horrible, y'know? I like the cadets from this year. They're good. Decent. Hardworking. It's hard to find cadets like that."

He leans on to his right hand as he takes another drink. "But enough about me. How're you doing, Seiko-taichou?" He smirks at the new acting captain of the eleventh.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-08-01 at 06:22 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

"I'm not sure that I would say that, Sun Wha-san. In my experience, there are at least a few spasms associated with it."

Goro knocks on the already-opened door perfunctorily, taking off his sakkat as he enters. His face remains perfectly staid, making it somewhat difficult to tell whether he is joking, or merely pointing out a minor point of field medicine, though his general attitude lends itself to the latter.

"I apologize for the delay in pickup; writing my report took a bit longer than expected. Still, it seems as though everything is in order... is there anything I can do for you before I take possession of my prisoner again?"

Seemingly ignored by Goro, the nameless girl's Sakadatsu rests idly on the returned shinigami's hip, ironically better-fitted to him than its proper owner.

Sun Wha jumps a bit when Goro speaks; she had been so focused on the girl that she hadn't noticed at all when he had come in. "Ah! Oh, Goro-kun! Don't scare me like that. Especially not with fun facts about decapitated people." She frowned and stuck her tongue out at him, but was obviously not actually angry.

"And no, she should be just fine. All that I ask is that you be careful with her; the poor girl's been through a lot today." Sun Wha leaned in close to Goro and whispered so that the girl couldn't hear her, "She doesn't actually mean harm, it's just all that she knows. Please take care of her." She backed up again and turned to Zombie-chan again. "Now you be a good girl, okay? If you ever need anyone to talk to, just send for me. And think of a name for yourself, okay?" Probably unexpected by both Goro and the girl, Sun Wha grabbed her in a hug, squeezing a bit before letting go. "You two be careful! I hear there's been a lot of invasions happening lately."

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Karite returned a grin to his friend. "How do ya think I won Seiko? Beat him in a game of darts?" He takes a sip of his drink, holding the top of the cup loosely in his left hand. "Nah, Shina and me froze 'im solid. He can't even move now."

He winks at his friend as the man suggests for him to train. "'Course I'll train. It wouldn't do for the new ones to beat me down. It'd play hell with their self esteem and get slaughtered on their first mission. And then I'd feel terrible that the poor ickle cadets couldn't handle a Hollow!" His eyes widened in mock horror, then he winced.

"But that would be horrible, y'know? I like the cadets from this year. They're good. Decent. Hardworking. It's hard to find cadets like that."

He leans on to his right hand as he takes another drink. "But enough about me. How're you doing, Seiko-taichou?" He smirks at the new acting captain of the eleventh.

Seiko smiled. "Good to know that you put him down for a while to come. Just wanted to make sure you hadn't been slacking. And it's good to know that not all new recruits are useless. I just got this pair from a noble house recently, I forget which, and both are completely idiotic. Could barely tell which end of a sword to stab with when I got to them, and I haven't had much time to teach'em different. I have the 9th Seat handling them, and they're driving her crazy." Seiko's smile grew as he thought about it, though it was a nastier smile, the kind that enjoys the pain of others.

When Karite asks him about himself, he puts his drink down and faces his friend. "I'm not the captain yet. Michiko-taichou is gone, but I'm not half the warrior she was; I don't deserve her position yet. I'm not any closer to Bankai than I was fifty years ago, my Hakuda has been suffering lately due to neglect, and Maikenoumaru has developed a particularly annoying habit of satire lately."

"I feel like I'm stagnating, Karite-kun. Like I'm stuck at this point and I can't go anywhere from here. I need to become captain of the 11th, and I swear that I will; I just need to figure out how to get to the point where I'll deserve it."
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Orc in the Playground

[Sun Wha's Office]

Zombie-chan frowns, ignoring Goro in turn. Her mood noticeably sours on his entry, for that matter.

...The girl is somewhat surprised by the hug, though. She is as speechless as before, but it's more baffled than irritable.

...w-what?

It's quite clear she's not used to it.

[Bar]

The Commander General has a seat at the bar a few stools away from Karite and Seiko. He calls no attention to his presence, merely giving the usual nod to the proprietor. In short order he's given a warm sake bottle.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-08-01 at 07:52 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

Goro's lips twitch upward. A century of repressed anger means next to nothing in the face of such boundless compassion; indeed, such actions are one of the greatest demonstrations of how worthwhile it is to expand the influence of the Court of Pure Souls- a brave light shining into the dark. Nevertheless, muscles that are seldom used can weaken substantially, so Goro's outward expression only changes slightly.

"Understood, Sun Wha-san. I will make certain that no invaders bring harm to my prisoner. I apologize again for my rude entrance; I will endeavor to be louder next time."

He then looks directly at the young zombie girl for the first time since his reappearance.

"I hope that you have had a pleasant time with Sun Wha-san. I would like to take you to a small holding cell where we can discuss how to handle the damage that you have caused. Along the way, we will get something to eat. What sort of foods do you enjoy?"

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #907
    Orc in the Playground

[4th Division]

The zombie girl is still noticeably distracted.

"...Meat. I like meat."

She then reaches up and bites Goro on the arm. No, that would be silly.

Also slightly odd she isn't using her usual speech quirk.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #908

Seiko smiled. "Good to know that you put him down for a while to come. Just wanted to make sure you hadn't been slacking. And it's good to know that not all new recruits are useless. I just got this pair from a noble house recently, I forget which, and both are completely idiotic. Could barely tell which end of a sword to stab with when I got to them, and I haven't had much time to teach'em different. I have the 9th Seat handling them, and they're driving her crazy." Seiko's smile grew as he thought about it, though it was a nastier smile, the kind that enjoys the pain of others.

When Karite asks him about himself, he puts his drink down and faces his friend. "I'm not the captain yet. Michiko-taichou is gone, but I'm not half the warrior she was; I don't deserve her position yet. I'm not any closer to Bankai than I was fifty years ago, my Hakuda has been suffering lately due to neglect, and Maikenoumaru has developed a particularly annoying habit of satire lately."

"I feel like I'm stagnating, Karite-kun. Like I'm stuck at this point and I can't go anywhere from here. I need to become captain of the 11th, and I swear that I will; I just need to figure out how to get to the point where I'll deserve it."
    He chuckles. "Seiko, you're one of the strongest fighters I've ever met in this afterlife. You've got the strategic sense that'll help you against opponents who rush in mindlessly, and I think Michiko rubbed her will off on you." He takes another sip of his drink. "Ya wanna know what I think? Your sword's just as annoyed as you are. Stagnation is never fun. But with all the excitement that's been goin' on for a while, maybe he'll shut up soon." He ruffles the back of his head, thinking for a second.

"Although I had it easier, what with the Strike Teams and such. It's hard to feel like I haven't gotten enough practice in when I have to be ready for damn Arrancar at any second. Of course your sword's annoyed. You don't get to fight as much as you used to. Hell, you're probably annoyed as well, but you don't have anyone to take it out on, neh? The other Captains would at least be a tad angry if you were sarcastic to them, and the Vice Captains barely ever go out anymore."

He's suddenly silent, his hands crossing over each other. He takes a long drink, and says quietly, "It's hard Seiko. It's hard to be a Shinigami. People don't realize it, 'cause we look fine all the time. But it's hard, damn it, and your division is probably the hardest of all. You want to fight, you want to win, but even if you do, you feel like you haven't progressed."

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bar]

The Commander General has a seat at the bar a few stools away from Karite and Seiko. He calls no attention to his presence, merely giving the usual nod to the proprietor. In short order he's given a warm sake bottle.
    There is a clanking sound, all-too familiar to Ryouichi's ear. A moment later, Emet has entered the bar and taken a seat at the Commander-General's table, facing his commanding officer, wearing only his captain's haori.

"Ryouichi-soutaichou. It was this being's understanding that you wished to converse with this being regarding certain events relating to the purview of this being's Division."

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[A Hill in a Remote Section of the Seireitei]

Masaru had used Shunpo at first, but eventually, he fell into a fast jog (a slow sprint to a regular human). He mused upon recent events as he jogged. He considered how he'd performed in the fight against what was likely the Primera Espada, and his fight against the unknown assassin.

He'd survived both fights, but he didn't feel he could say he thrived in both fights. He had his skill, but it was dulled. And as a swordsman, he knew that a dulled skill, like a dulled blade, was more dangerous to the user than the target.

Finally, he stopped on a grassy hill that overlooked a fair bit of the eastern section of the Seireitei. There wasn't much going on here, though to the west he saw a few small training grounds in used by Shinigami from various divisions. To the south, he could see the faint lights of...it looked like the 10th-12th Divisions, or at least this side of them. To the north were the faint signs of some other Gotei buildings and such.

And to the east....

He sighed.

'Some would say I should abandon the past. But part of me fears that I will need to revisit the past to sharpen my skills...'

He stood there, starting to the east with the setting sun at his back, his expression that of a man caught up in his thoughts of past and present.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

11. - Top - End - #911
    Orc in the Playground

"I don't know if it's the expression itself or the setting, but it somehow makes me feel good to say 'I knew I would find you here', Captain."

Because it means you can be predicted.

It was Vice-Captain Nagamichi Soushi. He seemed... well, to be frank, Masaru might get the thought that he was slightly intoxicated. There WAS a faint smell of wine. And he DID carry a bottle.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #912
    Pixie in the Playground

Seiko looks at Karite as his friend speaks. "I should hope that I'm one of the strongest fighters you know; I'm the lieutenant of the 11th." He said, laughing a bit. "And I could believe that we're both annoyed. The fight earlier today was the first thing I've gotten to do since that Arrancar beat me down."

"And what do you mean you've had it easier? You had a pregnant woman for you captain for the past nine months. That couldn't have been easy. And don't worry, I take my frustration out on my sword as much as it takes it out on me. Not that it seems to matter any, it doesn't stop him at all." Seiko adds, a wry smirk on his face as he glances down at his sword's handle.

"You know, I haven't fought an opponent who was just a challenge for me in a long time. Someone that really forces me to take my skills and my strategy to a new level to defeat, or makes me think out of the box to fight. Someone that I can really let loose on, you know?" Then Seiko suddenly stopped, as if he had just had a thought. "Karite-kun! Let's go spar!" He said, suddenly looking excited. "I know that you can't fight at your full strength, but we need to find out what you can do with your limiter!" Seiko stood up and looked down at Karite. "You're not going to get any exercise fighting new kids anyway! What do you say?"
    Star Wars iTP characters

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Goro is, for some reason, moved to pat the little undead moppet on the head.

"Well, there's a restaurant run by some cousins of mine that make a fairly good gyūdon. Let's go there, all right?"

The Zaraki commander had never been particularly good with children, but perhaps this one would see with this offer that the Seireitei wasn't just being cruel for the sake of it.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #914
    Orc in the Playground

[4th Division]

The zombie girl is even more dumbfounded by this gesture... but now she shows a little more extreme reaction. Jumping away from Goro, she growls angrily, and tenses up.

"Why are you being so nice to me!? No one is ever nice to me, they just get scared and run away or try to kill me! And that's because I'm not a little girl! No one ever treats me like a girl!"

She tears up a little... then disappears into shunpo. The building shakes a bit as walls are torn apart. Luckily, no one's hurt, and the girl couldn't get far...

[Bar]

Ryouichi sighs, rubbing his temple. "There's a reason I said tomorrow, Zibarra-taichou. Right now, I have excused myself from duty, because I will likely not have the opportunity any time soon with regard to recent events."

"If you wish to join me for a drink, however, I will not protest so long as I am the one buying."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-08-03 at 04:19 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

[4th Division]

The zombie girl is even more dumbfounded by this gesture... but now she shows a little more extreme reaction. Jumping away from Goro, she growls angrily, and tenses up.

"Why are you being so nice to me!? No one is ever nice to me, they just get scared and run away or try to kill me! And that's because I'm not a little girl! No one ever treats me like a girl!"

She tears up a little... then disappears into shunpo. The building shakes a bit as walls are torn apart. Luckily, no one's hurt, and the girl couldn't get far...
    It is quite true that the nameless girl could not get far, particularly when she started with an officer tousling her hair. Though surprise bought her a moment, Goro reacted quickly, more through his sense of touch than sight, rushing after the uncontrolled zombie child.

Her incredible speed gave Zombie-chan another leg up, but the decrease in momentum accompanying her breaking through walls gave Goro time to catch up before more than a couple of walls were destroyed, slipping around her, and once again placing his hand on her head, this time a little more forcefully, to temporarily bring her to a halt.

"You are most certainly a little girl. Nothing else throws a tantrum quite like one. I know from experience. I am being kind because a woman I deeply respect requested it of me, and because your lack of socializing means that you don't quite understand the problems with what you are doing. Now that your questions are answered, are you ready for some supper, or would you prefer to continue to run around destroying things?"

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bar]

Ryouichi sighs, rubbing his temple. "There's a reason I said tomorrow, Zibarra-taichou. Right now, I have excused myself from duty, because I will likely not have the opportunity any time soon with regard to recent events."

"If you wish to join me for a drink, however, I will not protest so long as I am the one buying."
    "Ryouichi-soutaichou, you are ware this being has a highly atypical metabolism. As such, it is pointless for this being to imbibe refreshment with alcoholic content."

Despite this, Emet waves a waiter over and has some sake delivered to the table.

"However, this being has come to understand that discussing one's problems over alcoholic beverages is common social behaviour. Let this being begin: it is not all bad news. This being's division have located another rich seam of sekkisekki. This is why this being did not respond to the distress call sent out from the old quarry: this being was preoccupied overseeing the establishment of safety equipment. This being almost had utmost faith in the members of this being's division at the old quarry, and in the inevitable response team."

The captain pauses for a moment.

"This being will refrain from saying any more at this point in time. However, this being would request that Ryouichi-soutaichou extend the allotted time given for the debriefing. This being has ideas to propose. Ones that will require blueprints to fully explain."

17. - Top - End - #917
    Orc in the Playground

[Near 4th Division]

A teary-eyed zombie girl backs up from Goro, and screams back at him despite her quivering lips.

"I'm not a little girl, I'm a monster! Why else would no one want to love me?!"

With that, she runs off. But not far. She doesn't get past the entrance to 4th headquarters before collapsing into a ball of tears and hiding in a corner.

[Bar]

Ryouichi raises an eyebrow, but only slightly. "Very well, I'll account for it."

"And I'm aware you're not exactly like me, Zibarra-san, but drinking is exponentially better when you're drinking with someone. So, for that, cheers."

He downs a cup of saki.

"To averting another disaster."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #918

Seiko looks at Karite as his friend speaks. "I should hope that I'm one of the strongest fighters you know; I'm the lieutenant of the 11th." He said, laughing a bit. "And I could believe that we're both annoyed. The fight earlier today was the first thing I've gotten to do since that Arrancar beat me down."

"And what do you mean you've had it easier? You had a pregnant woman for you captain for the past nine months. That couldn't have been easy. And don't worry, I take my frustration out on my sword as much as it takes it out on me. Not that it seems to matter any, it doesn't stop him at all." Seiko adds, a wry smirk on his face as he glances down at his sword's handle.

"You know, I haven't fought an opponent who was just a challenge for me in a long time. Someone that really forces me to take my skills and my strategy to a new level to defeat, or makes me think out of the box to fight. Someone that I can really let loose on, you know?" Then Seiko suddenly stopped, as if he had just had a thought. "Karite-kun! Let's go spar!" He said, suddenly looking excited. "I know that you can't fight at your full strength, but we need to find out what you can do with your limiter!" Seiko stood up and looked down at Karite. "You're not going to get any exercise fighting new kids anyway! What do you say?"
    Karite almost choked on his drink as Seiko spoke about his captain. "Che. Idiot, I meant that I get more of a chance to train then you do. And your sword never shuts up, kinda like someone else I know..." He throws his friend a mock glare.

"Sparring?" He almost perks up at the word. "Sure Seiko, that sounds like a great idea!" He throws back his head, gulping down the rest of his drink, standing with Seiko. "Who knows, maybe I can find out why your sword doesn't want to give you a Bankai so badly. Because I have mine." He flashes Seiko a grin. "Course, you already know that."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-08-03 at 06:48 PM.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I don't know if it's the expression itself or the setting, but it somehow makes me feel good to say 'I knew I would find you here', Captain."

Because it means you can be predicted.

It was Vice-Captain Nagamichi Soushi. He seemed... well, to be frank, Masaru might get the thought that he was slightly intoxicated. There WAS a faint smell of wine. And he DID carry a bottle.
    Masaru turned to face Soushi, one eyebrow raised.

"I'd like to think you know me fairly well, Soushi. I am a bit surprised, though. I don't come here too often; that said, you've been here once or twice. No need for me to explain why I like this place, or why I come here to think."

He sniffed and frowned a bit.

"Surely you haven't had that much already, Soushi..."

20. - Top - End - #920
    Orc in the Playground

"Nah, I'm practicing for next time I need to keep up with Tsukada-soutaichou. See, I'm on my twelfth one already!" And then he points off to the side, where Masaru sees... nothing. Then Soushi seems to realize there aren't any bottles over there at all as well.

Whether he's kidding around or not is hard to tell. Soushi's always been good at hiding what he was truly feeling after all.

"Boy, I sure miscounted, huh? Sorry about that."

Another sip.

"You're still thinking about that attacker, aren't you?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Yes and no. I'm more thinking about the current level of my skills. They're...adequate. But they used to be more than adequate. Nominally, I'm supposed to be one of the top 5 or so swordsmen in the whole of Soul Society these days. And while I know it's probably hollow to most people, I feel like I'd be lucky to be in the top 10. I've let my skills with the blade stagnate and decay. All because of the past. Because it's been easy the last century."

He shakes his head.

"No longer. I'm warning you now, Soushi. For a time, you'll be taking care of more of the workload while I give myself a "crash course". After that, we'll see about getting you Bankai. I know you have the ability in you for it. We just need to bring it out."

22. - Top - End - #922
    Orc in the Playground

"So... what, you're upset because you're not content with yourself anymore, Masaru-taichou? Ever stop to wonder maybe that's why you've gone soft?

I understand where you're coming from, really. I do. You're right - it's been easy this last century. You haven't had anyone to fight. You've been secure and confident in your abilities. In other words, you had no reason, no drive at all to try and improve yourself. Improvement is change, and change is a bitch.

You should be counting your blessings instead. That the wake-up call came from someone who didn't actually manage to seriously injure you. Moping around ain't like you, Captain.

As for me getting Bankai, I've had it for the better part of the last fifty years - maybe a little more, hard to count when time goes by so slowly. I just had no need to use it."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"You're right about how it could have been worse. Had I been facing the Primera alone, it likely would have been.

You're also right about drive. But...That's not all it is. Some of it is...I don't know. Fear? Regret? It's not surprising it's specifically a century that I've been decaying...

But yes, less moping. Hence my plans.
    "

He blinks in surprise as Soushi reveals he already knows bankai.

"I...didn't realize that. Forgive my ignorance, though I can respect your desire to keep it secret."

24. - Top - End - #924
    Orc in the Playground

"Nothing to forgive about it. I didn't tell you simply because... well, it ain't something to write the folks home about.

Wanna see it?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"That's a fair enough reason.

But...let's hold off for now. Considering how tense things are, activating a Bankai like that would probably have people running in from all over the place.
    "

26. - Top - End - #926
    Orc in the Playground

"Relax. My sword is in good behavior.

You see, Masaru-taichou, your sword is the visual equivalent of having bona fide angels descending on the battlefield. You're already a swordsman of great caliber. Everyone KNOWS you mean business when you go full blast. So having the opportunity to witness that, it uplifts just about anyone's spirits.

Me? Well, with me, it's the opposite."

At this point, Masaru might notice that Soushi's Reiatsu all but wanes. It seems to practically disappear, as though he'd lost all power. This isn't entirely unexpected - Masaru knows that one of the properties of Soushi's Shikai is to allow him complete control over the release of his Reiatsu.

But it doesn't make things less disturbing when he can still see the air gain something of a sickly glow around his lieutenant.

Soushi raises that book of his above his head, and the pages start flipping wildly.

"I am shadow.
    I am despair.
    I'm the one who steals the toll of the ferryman, for no reason but to watch sinners sink into Sanzugawa.
    BANKAI!"

A miniature blast of hot winds suddenly pours over Soushi. Dust and smoke rise, and in his stead appears the same man, clad in stark white - all except for a cape of black and blood red, and a skullcap-like helmet covering the top half of his face. The lower half of the skullcap distorts into a wide grin with huge, vampirelike fangs at each side.

"Shiemizura Kyuuseiki!"

Soushi just used Bankai. Right in front of Masaru's eyes.

And he can't sense any Reiatsu pouring out. At ALL.

Spoiler
    Show
    *Smiling Death Mask Life-drinking Demon
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-08-03 at 10:45 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Masaru's eyes widen as Soushi starts to release. He seems about to tell his Vice-Captain to stop...but curiosity takes hold, and he does not do so. Instead, he watches and evaluates.

'It seems to form into a suit of clothing. Useful in that he'd have trouble losing it. But it does leave him with no weapon...not that that's really anything new to him.'

He nods, before his eyes widen considerably when what he's feeling sinks in.

"That is a very useful aspect of your release, Soushi. Just what else can Shiemizura Kyuuseiki do? If you don't mind explaining."

28. - Top - End - #928
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh, this next part is gonna freak you out."

Then, Soushi pointed his right index fingertip at his left arm. And without saying anything, a large discharge of lightning tears and evaporates his arm clean off. Masaru needs not think to identify it as Hadou 4, Byakurai.

Within a few scant seconds, Soushi's arm grows back, clothing and all.

"High speed regeneration. A mask. No pain. No fear. Starting to get the picture why I haven't exactly been telling everyone about this yet?"

He pointed at his own head next.

"I can survive anything short of sublimation on this as long as I have the Reiatsu to keep it running. Cutting off my head, bisecting me, tearing out my heart. It's all completely useless.

This turns me into a MONSTER, Masaru."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #929
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Your Captain outright abandoned a decades-old friend because of something that wasn't entirely his fault. Something that his friend could have used his support to get through. And which by his very actions, he may be helping worsen.

If he's this irresponsible with his friends, I can't for the life of me imagine what he'd do to his subordinates. Plus it pissed me off to no end."

Despite being a fundamentally different man than his father in many things, it seems Shishiou can't escape the teachings of Justice his old man embedded in him from an early age.
    Aya sighs and takes at the training grounds, since the Captain would have left already, she beckons Shishiou to follow her back into the training grounds.

"I do not wholly know his story, but many Shinigami have an intense fear or hatred against Hollows, and those who lived longer than us would no doubt have enough experience and exposure to see some or all of those fears materialize in their eyes."

Thinking she might as well speak while she practices her movements, Aya draws her blades and begins her slow dance-like moves.

"Suppose we're married, and I just had a child. And one of your closest friends has now turned into some weird Hollow existence. And you are one of those men with such strong feelings against Hollows, how would you react? You are not my Captain, so I do not expect you to see it exactly his way. But do try to see how it might hurt him to treat his friend so as well."

Her face blushes at the hypothetical situation, the first part.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

30. - Top - End - #930
    Orc in the Playground

"Your hypothetical situation fails to consider two fairly important things.

One, Seireitei takes these things very seriously. Karite-san is under strict surveillance and under the permanent effects of a limiter. I'm fairly sure our companions are competent enough to keep his worst side in check if he were to lose control - which I doubt he will, at least not too easily. And even so I doubt he would seek to hurt his friends' family unprovoked. What Taiki did was halfway up to taunting Karite-san's Hollow side.

Two, twins happen more often in my family. So chances are we'd have at least two children."

He blushes at that half-serious, half-jest statement. Plus the whole idea of them being married.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show