New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

Hearing Kazuma's comment, Orimoto quickly turns and glares at him as she opens her mouth and gets ready to snap at him before realizing he is right.

"I..." She pauses taking a deep breath, "You...you're right." She says rubbing her temple and trying to focus on calming down. "I'm getting worked up over nothing...it's just a lot of stress adding up." She says realizing she probably wouldn't have gotten worked up so easily if it weren't for her nightmares and lack of sleep lately. "Especially with my fighting style..."

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Bugbear in the Playground

HECATE watches the exchange with a passive glance. Then she begins to analyze Kazuma's sentence. "Query:Careful; Sword; Strike. ReturnQuery: ContinueCasConv."

She blinks. "From your stance, Amagatsu Kazuma would strike at my right side. However, he could also be feinting, and shunpo behind the HECATE unit for a stab. Alternatively, you would strike at the left side with a 96.3% accuracy rate, comparative to the right side's 36.2%, due to your set up for that strike."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"So you are bull****ting basically?" Orimoto asked with a laugh, "You really guessed about as well as I could have." She said with a smirk, "I could also claim, right, maybe left, or maybe its all a fake and behind." She said rolling her eyes.

Still, the robots answer had also helped calm her down due to the loss of respect for the things answer.

4. - Top - End - #1414

"You have confused yourself. Amagatsu Kazuma is an unpredictable entity. Those were not guesses, those were predictions, in order of which he would attack first judging from his stance." The cold blank eyes, the motionless body, the tinny tone, all were practically designed to enrage Orimoto.

Poor girl.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-10-11 at 07:30 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Orc in the Playground

"You apparently did not consider the possibility that I would strike from above." Kazuma notes. "While your analysis isn't wrong, there is a fatal flaw within it. For one, while I could not attack all sides at once , I could do better than a simple feint - even if I strike right after a shunpou, there is more than one angle from which I could attack - some more difficult to defend than others. The possibility of feinting adds to the myriad outcomes as well. With the way you think, you're more likely to defend the side you find more likely to be attacked, which would waste you precious time to shift your defense if your opponent can read the way you act. And since there's more than two alternatives in that regard, you end up at a disadvantage.

In other words, regardless of your opponent's offensive and defensive strength, a way of fighting based on calculations alone only works on opponents that are slower than your eyes can follow.

This isn't a problem exclusive to you, of course. Many swordsmen have been faced with that dilemma over the centuries. To overcome that fatal flaw, swordsmen developed techniques that rely on their instinctive feel of their opponents to react appropriately. This is not something that can be replicated with mathematics, because 'instinct' is not tied to something as clear-cut as logic."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #1416

"The possibility of above was considered, and then rejected, as according to Shinigami2, Amagatsu Kazuma is not skilled enough with Shunpo to reappear above the HECATE unit and strike with such precision. Also, as a robotic entity, I am expendable, and thus my body is allowed to take such strikes for the good of the Shinigami."

She recites it like a memorized poem, one from long ago. It's tune is almost wistful, from how she says it.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Orc in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"How many moves do you think Amagatsu-kun could last against me?" A lighthearted chuckle comes from behind the group as of all people, the Commander General arrives at the training grounds. "Simply a hypothetical, of course." He gives a sly grin to Kazuma.

"In all seriousness, I would have thought my dear friend Nakamura-taichou would be here. Wasn't he to start your training, Amagatsu-kun?"

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    The clang that resonates from Emet indicates that he is not hollow - at least not entirely.

"Perplexing. This being was just tapped by something. Identification attempts obfuscated."
    Chikako is perplexed by tenfold at the sound, and the reaction.

"...What are you, zom?"

No, apparently she doesn't realize the irony. Or the terrible pun that this poster just made.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-10-11 at 07:55 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"It would be strongly preferred that HECATE not enter into any fights, friendly or otherwise, on her first outing."

Despite three well-trained Shinigami all gathered together, 12th Division 20th Seat Hirako Yoshi was standing just a few feet away, high-tech monocle mounted over his left eye, staff on his back, and probably a few high-tech weapons hidden about his person. He seemed perturbed, but not quite agitated.

"I can understand a degree of uneasiness at the idea of HECATE. However, I assure everyone present she's not intended to replace Shinigami. Merely to supplement them. For example, Officer Kazuma. Your Division tends to forgo studying Kido. Having HECATE, or a similar artificial being, at your side on the field may well help you save Shinigami and Mortal lives."

He glanced at the robotic woman for a moment.

"I do think I'll talk to the project leaders about..."softening"...her interaction protocols, though."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

9. - Top - End - #1419

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Training Grounds]

"How many moves do you think Amagatsu-kun could last against me?" A lighthearted chuckle comes from behind the group as of all people, the Commander General arrives at the training grounds. "Simply a hypothetical, of course." He gives a sly grin to Kazuma.

"In all seriousness, I would have thought my dear friend Nakamura-taichou would be here. Wasn't he to start your training, Amagatsu-kun?"
    "Query: ComGen;AmKaz;Battle. ReturnQuery: ConCasConv."

There was a whirl of gears, and after several seconds, the girl blinked. "Amagatsu Kazuma would last approximately sixty three moves against the Commander General. Clarification: The Commander General would spend the first sixty two moves trying to halt the fight with Amagatsu Kazuma. He would then strike, and win on the sixty third."

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    He glanced at the robotic woman for a moment.

"I do think I'll talk to the project leaders about..."softening"...her interaction protocols, though."
    The girl blinks. "I do not understand Yoshi-san. My interaction protocols are set to the proper levels for an entity such as myself. I am capable of both Casual Conversation and Formal Declarations. And it is important to state the intent of my queries to the Database before I attempt to access it." She tilts her head to the side, staring oddly at the new arrival. Who was also the only arrival she addressed properly.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Seeing the Commander General, Orimoto froze and quickly her mind raced. She wasn't supposed to be here and should be working. Had the Commander General come to reprimand her for slacking off? Fear filled her as she tried to figure out how to explain to her Captain what she was doing here. While being in the First Division had its perks it had a major downside in that your Captain wasn't any old captain (which was bad enough), but was THE Commander General.

She quickly glanced around worried about what her punishment would be. "C-Commander G-general" She stammered. "H-how are you doing?" She said her mind still racing. Had he followed her here because some important mission had come up and they didn't noticed because she was wondering off? What if her wandering off had caused them to waste time and then she was really in trouble.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

Hayashi Goro continued to quietly regard the witch engine, quietly circling toward her apparent handler. Reaching Yoshi with a short flash step, he murmurs,

"Impressive workmanship, 20th Seat. What made you decide to start with Kido capacity? Wouldn't designing a fighting machine first be simpler?"
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"HECATE, it is unnecessary to verbalize what databases you are querying as you consider an answer. Observe that this behavior is not copied in mortal or spiritual organic beings."

He gives a thoughtful hum for a moment.

"I will recommend you be given some psychology books, as well as dedicated time spent observing Shinigami....Ones not in 12th. We tend to be rather eccentric."

Says the man wearing a futuristic monocle goggle and armed with who knows how many futuristic guns. While also being a highly-skilled spellcaster. When Goro spoke, he turned his attention to the 10th Division member.

"If you mean a "fighting machine" that uses close combat techniques, you would actually be incorrect. They're still working on compiling a good database that lets them get as close as possible to an expert's muscle memory is...difficult, to say the least. There's so much more that goes into being good at fighting up close. Whereas with Kido, HECATE can engage in avoidance protocols, or protocols that emphasize extracting herself from physical engagements to gain range. At that point, she merely needs to consider range, terrain, number of opponents, and observed and estimated power level. She's very quick at that, and so can get Kido fired off quite rapidly.
    Also, I've been doing quite well with my Kido gun projects. Moving to her Kido systems was less challenging than you would think.
    "

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Orc in the Playground

"Soutaichou! Actually, er... well, I wished to talk to Masaru-taichou before we began training. If nothing else to establish our goals, as no training should be aimless." Kazuma replied to the Commander-General.

"I am significantly less worried than I appear. For one thing, I do not like the idea of an expendable, sentient lifeform, regardless of its artificiality. My concerns are more philosophical than practical, really - I was merely pointing out that the inability to think less like a machine and more like a living creature has severe disadvantages." He replied to Yoshi. "It actually gives me an idea...

Would the twelfth division be willing to loan out HECATE to aid with the Zaraki patrol efforts? I wish to see how she handles herself in such an environment."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "Query: ComGen;AmKaz;Battle. ReturnQuery: ConCasConv."

There was a whirl of gears, and after several seconds, the girl blinked. "Amagatsu Kazuma would last approximately sixty three moves against the Commander General. Clarification: The Commander General would spend the first sixty two moves trying to halt the fight with Amagatsu Kazuma. He would then strike, and win on the sixty third."
    Ryouichi laughs. "You know me far too well already. I shall have to praise the 12th for such excellent work, and your exquisite beauty."

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Seeing the Commander General, Orimoto froze and quickly her mind raced. She wasn't supposed to be here and should be working. Had the Commander General come to reprimand her for slacking off? Fear filled her as she tried to figure out how to explain to her Captain what she was doing here. While being in the First Division had its perks it had a major downside in that your Captain wasn't any old captain (which was bad enough), but was THE Commander General.

She quickly glanced around worried about what her punishment would be. "C-Commander G-general" She stammered. "H-how are you doing?" She said her mind still racing. Had he followed her here because some important mission had come up and they didn't noticed because she was wondering off? What if her wandering off had caused them to waste time and then she was really in trouble.
    The commander-general turns with a grin. "Ah, Orimoto-chan. I didn't notice you were here." He approaches, taking her hand and planting a kiss on it. His reputation as a lady's man in casual conversation was notorious, after all. "How is this fine day treating you, mademoiselle?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Soutaichou! Actually, er... well, I wished to talk to Masaru-taichou before we began training. If nothing else to establish our goals, as no training should be aimless." Kazuma replied to the Commander-General.
    "Very well, Amagatsu-kun. Such a stance is understandable. In fact, it's rather proactive of you to expand your mind with such reasoning. You are a member of the combat division, but it would not do to let your mind go dull any more than it would be to allow your blade to."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro, THE MAN WHO SHALL SURPASS THE SPIRIT KING!

Tachi-chan words will be in Indigo

There are the sound of rushing footsteps toward the 11th division sparring grounds. He needed to get started on his training and he had already slept in. He had Tachi-chan wrapped around his shoulder and she was simply giggling at Jiro. "Jiro, don't you think you should slow down, I mean you breakfast is still hanging out your mouth. The training ground will still be there when you arrive." Jiro hastily swallowed the rest of the granola bar that was hanging out his mouth as he kept running. "No way Tachi-chan. I have to get started on my training. After all if I'm gonna be the guy to surpass the Spirit King and have the best Zanpakuto of all time at my side I gotta bulk up! Besides we need to practice with Shikai some more anyways." He comes to the grounds and then stops in his tracks digging trenches into the dirt as he stops a few feet away from the gathering of people at his divisions training ground. "Commander General, is there a problem going on?" He then looks towards HECATE and notes he has never seen her before. And who's the stiff?" he says pointing at HECATE.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-11 at 08:57 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess I should give her a voice color...

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    The commander-general turns with a grin. "Ah, Orimoto-chan. I didn't notice you were here." He approaches, taking her hand and planting a kiss on it. His reputation as a lady's man in casual conversation was notorious, after all. "How is this fine day treating you, mademoiselle?"
    Orimoto didn't believe for a second that the Commander General had really missed her. He was the Commander General, however the comment and the kiss on the hand, which was so typical of him, did calm her down and bring a smile to her face. It also helped relieve the fear in her since it meant he hadn't been here to punish her for. "G-good, Commander General Sir." She said with a nod not stammering as much, though a light stutter at the beginning still occurred due to her still calming down.

"Do you need me for anything?" She asked wondering if he was really just out wandering or if he'd had a mission for her and the others in the First Division.
    Last edited by Major; 2011-10-11 at 08:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I am significantly less worried than I appear. For one thing, I do not like the idea of an expendable, sentient lifeform, regardless of its artificiality. My concerns are more philosophical than practical, really - I was merely pointing out that the inability to think less like a machine and more like a living creature has severe disadvantages." He replied to Yoshi. "It actually gives me an idea...

Would the twelfth division be willing to loan out HECATE to aid with the Zaraki patrol efforts? I wish to see how she handles herself in such an environment."
    Yoshi looked thoughtful.

"In theory, I wouldn't be against it. Strictly speaking, I'm not in charge of HECATE's project. I also didn't put any of the "expendable resource" nonsense in her head. If nothing else, she takes a lot of valuable materials and time to construct, to say nothing of the fact that personally, I'm confident she'll develop into a fully sapient and sentient being with a unique personality.

...At any rate, I'll put the request in. I will also say that I'm going to recommend a couple small pieces of maintenance, to make sure she's in tip-top shape.
    "

He glances a bit oddly at the Commander-General.

"I will, ah, pass on your compliments."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Masaru will appear in my next post, FYI.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ogre in the Playground

Goro glances at the sudden, raucous newcomer to the conversation, before dismissing Jiro as irrelevant to his own concerns. He then turns his attention back to his original conversational targets.

"7th Seat, 20th Seat, I do not believe that using an experimental weapon in a civilian area, even one as... unruly as Zaraki, would be a good decision. Using more powerful Hado than Sho in Zaraki is often unwise; the buildings are not constructed well enough to survive such force, and unless she could defend herself without resorting to destruction magic, she would be a liability.

....Furthermore, I suspect that some of your men may have enough difficulty with restraint without a device that can perform the Kido that they have never bothered learning."
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2011-10-11 at 09:25 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Orc in the Playground

"You're not particularly familiar with my... restraining methods, are you, Hayashi-san?" Kazuma offered with a wry grin. "I'll say this: all of my men will be on their best behavior, or the consequences will be severe. Himura-sama put a lot of effort into making sure that we were more than a number of hulking brutes in her time, and I intend to see that tradition through.

As far as HECATE goes, if she can't go into Zaraki, then she certainly can't go into the Mortal World, either. The circunstances would be much the same, building flimsiness excluded."

Kazuma turned to Yoshi next. "I appreciate it. Sorry for not following proper protocol - I assumed you were monitoring her interactions."

Then, he turned to the Commander-General. "I've come to understand that my mind's limits can be a serious hindrance to my duties, sir. A blade that cuts less or more than its wielder wishes is worthless, to me. Therefore, I've been endeavoring to improve my mind as well as my body."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Jiro, THE MAN WHO SHALL SURPASS THE SPIRIT KING!

Tachi-chan words will be in Indigo

There are the sound of rushing footsteps toward the 11th division sparring grounds. He needed to get started on his training and he had already slept in. He had Tachi-chan wrapped around his shoulder and she was simply giggling at Jiro. "Jiro, don't you think you should slow down, I mean you breakfast is still hanging out your mouth. The training ground will still be there when you arrive." Jiro hastily swallowed the rest of the granola bar that was hanging out his mouth as he kept running. "No way Tachi-chan. I have to get started on my training. After all if I'm gonna be the guy to surpass the Spirit King and have the best Zanpakuto of all time at my side I gotta bulk up! Besides we need to practice with Shikai some more anyways." He comes to the grounds and then stops in his tracks digging trenches into the dirt as he stops a few feet away from the gathering of people at his divisions training ground. "Commander General, is there a problem going on?" He then looks towards HECATE and notes he has never seen her before. And who's the stiff?" he says pointing at HECATE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Orimoto didn't believe for a second that the Commander General had really missed her. He was the Commander General, however the comment and the kiss on the hand, which was so typical of him, did calm her down and bring a smile to her face. It also helped relieve the fear in her since it meant he hadn't been here to punish her for. "G-good, Commander General Sir." She said with a nod not stammering as much, though a light stutter at the beginning still occurred due to her still calming down.

"Do you need me for anything?" She asked wondering if he was really just out wandering or if he'd had a mission for her and the others in the First Division.
    "I believe she is an experiment of the 12th... Atabane-san, was it? Everything is quite all right. We should cherish these peaceful moments, even if we must always be ready for battle." The commander laughs cheerfully, but there's a pause of obvious contemplation of his own, his gears churning on events and the future.

"I'm a humble man, I don't expect my words to amount to much considering how ill-versed I am in your sciences, but I am always quite proud to call myself a comrade of your Captain, as well as your division, Hirako-san. Your advances are the bricks to pave the road to our future, if I might use such an embellished metaphor."

Then, he turned to the Commander-General. "I've come to understand that my mind's limits can be a serious hindrance to my duties, sir. A blade that cuts less or more than its wielder wishes is worthless, to me. Therefore, I've been endeavoring to improve my mind as well as my body."
    "Very good, Amagatsu-kun. Though perfection is far from our reach, we must always seek to improve ourselves." The man is truly more comfortable amongst his soldiers than the nobles and blue-bloods of the Central 46, nor his endless barrage of administrative duties.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

He looks at Orimoto at hearing her speak up and then shrugs. He always thought she was cute, but she really needed to take a chill pill every now and again. Turning towards HECATE he begins to speak again. "An experiment of the 12 division... Hmpf." He nods to himself as he confirming something as he turns towards Yoshi who he recognizes as a 12th division shinigami by his lab coat. "So she is a part of your division then, can she fight at all or is she like some kind of domestic experiment. Cause to be honest she doesn't look like much. Tachi-chan then speaks up in his mind, "Jiro! Please try to be more respectful. I'm sure that the 12th division worked very hard on her. After all you wouldn't like it if someone made fun of your Lethal Injection technique, both for it's execution and name." Jiro's head turns towards the scythe portion of his kusari-gama as he says, "Hey, that is totally different. My technique isn' nearly as lame." Tachi-chan sighs at the fact that Jiro missed the point.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Orc in the Playground

"Too bad the same can't be said of your legs now, can it?"

Ah, good old 11th division-style teasing. Kazuma might be considered more refined than his peers in some respects... but at heart, he is a bear.

A mauling, flesh-ripping, heart-freezing bear.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

"Oi, watch it Kazu-chan or I just might have to kick you ass!" Tachi-chan then lets out a small scream of terror as she calls out, "Jiro, NO! don't you remember what happened the last time you challenged a fukutaichou!" Jiro then remembers when he fought his fukutaichou on a dare from someone in another division. How he had ended up on the ground seeing stars within no time. He shakes his head as he says,"Ah, don't worry Tachi-chan. That was a long time ago, and I'm much stronger now. Besides compared to the Spirit King Kazu-chan will barely be a warm-up. That is unless he's chicken. Are you Kazu, huh you gonna chicken out if I challenge you to a fight." Tachi-chan inside her Zanpakuto was panicking up a storm. She could only hope that Kazuma-fukutaichou was to level-headed to fall for such taunts and if he wasn't well... mabye he could make sure that Jiro at least got a comfortable bed in the 4th division barracks?

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, Kazuma isn't a Vice-Captain. In power level, MAYBE, but definitely not in rank.

"...Soutaichou, I believe it might be time to require that Shinigami present a minimum of common sense before they graduate from the academy. I don't know exactly what surprises me more... that he's stupid enough to behave like such a child in front of his commanding officer, that he thinks the Spirit King is some kind of Fighting God, or that he believes I can't beat him with an arm behind my back.

I've seen lemmings with less self-destructive tendencies."

At this point, Kazuma's expression turned into a much bigger frown than usual. Though he wasn't releasing any actual Reiatsu and his eyes were covered by his shades (which meant the glare could be felt through those lenses), the killer instinct was so thick it was almost palpable. One could almost watch the air between Kazuma's eyes and Jiro's form distort.

"There's an unspoken rule in the 11th... 'no duel request is to be ignored lest it be proferred by a moron'. So your choice, Jiro-kun...

Are you soon to become a guest of the 4th Division, or just a moron?"

Knuckle crack.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

Ren Karashi - With Nao

Ren taps his fingers lightly on his lap. "So, 4th Seat Nao." He looks around absentmindedly, then focuses directly on Nao himself. "There is a Shinigami we should not trust."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ah, okay, because I had to upgrade Jiro to 5th seat position to appease everyone, so if Kazuma does win it could be that he thinks since he has a higher position he is stronger, though Tachi-chan would disagree due to having more insight than Jiro.

Jiro

He smirks as he feels adrenaline start to rush through his veins. He fully takes off his coat instead of just having it wrapped around his waist and his shirt as he says, " You can call me whatever you like because I'm challenging you here and now. After all I think it would be a good test to see how my training is coming along. Besides, I willingly send my body to the 4th division 75 percent of the time, because of my training. My only regret is that the Commander-General will have to see you go down and if my demeanor offends him, I apologize."

Jiro isn't radiating reiatsu either, but rather a mixture of killing intent and pure undiluted excitement. If anything he seems to be quite happy to fight you even after being so brutally slandered by your words. If anything he even seemed accepting of them. An idiot he may be, but he knew what he wanted at least.

"So game on. Fight me Kazuma if you think you can (he unwraps Tachi-chan at this point holding the two scythe ends in hand) defeat the Soul Societies biggest stars!"

Tachi-chan sighs as she says, "He may be an idiot, he may not know what he is doing half the time. But one thing is for certain, he won't back down or give up. So I will stand by him, I'm ready Jiro!" With that Jiro gets into a ready stance waiting on Kazuma's reply.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-12 at 02:05 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1437

"If Atabane Jiro fights Amagatsu Kazuma he will lose."

The blonde, who had been oh so quiet for oh so long finally spoke up.

"Atabane Jiro is renowned for his cries to be stronger, and that he wants to be the best. Amagatsu Kazuma is renowned for growing up in the toughest environment possible, and returning to destroy certain members of that environment. If Atabane Jiro engages Amagatsu Kazuma, the latter will have three advantages." Her head tilts to the side, and the sound of gears whirring is heard.

"One: Amagatsu Kazuma has a sword designed to negate Atabane Jiro's abilities with reiatsu, and his sword's shikai to change shape. These are pointless if Amagatasu Kazuma's sekiseki sword blocks the reiatsu necessary once the two blades collide. Two: Atabane Jiro has issued a pointless challenge, and Amagatsu Kazuma hates pointless challenges. Challenging the HECATE unit is not pointless, as he is unaware of her abilities. Challenging Atabane Jiro is pointless, as he knows Atabane Jiro's abilities full well. Three: This is a fight... for pride?"

She sounds confused at the last one. What? A fight for pride? What was that ? Two people cannot fight for control of an emotion.

"...Yoshi-san, what does that mean?" She turns to the mad scientist, head tilted to the side again, this time in confusion. She has a look of surprise in her eyes, different from the usual blankness. "I do not understand what the data inquiry returned, even though I did not vocalize it as you said."

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

Jiro speaks up from his stance, No...not just pride. I may be an idiot but even I know what Kazuma is capable of. What I don't know, is what I am capable of against him. Call the fight anyway you want, but the fact of the matter is that it's not over till the fat lady sings. Like you said, Kazuma has an advantage against me even though he is a lower seat. However, even so I wish to test myself, to overcome those advantages and my limits. After all, I won't always have the luxury of being able to fight an opponent suited for me.

His face is set in a hard and determined look, not taking his eyes of Kazuma for a second. "Even if logic dictates what I should do, logic doesn't dictate the universe. Illogical things happen all the time, yet life,a and death go on. The universe doesn't care about how illogical something is. The only thing that matters is do you learn from it and can you survive it. If I don't ever learn to endure I will never be able to. So even it the odds aren't in my favor, as long as there is even a .000001% chance. There is a chance I can win. So call me a fool, call me a moron, call me the retard of the 11th division. One thing you can't call me, is someone who doesn't try. Life is full of things we have to overcome, but if we don't try how the hell do we now if we can?"
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-12 at 02:35 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1439

"That is foolish. You are willingly sacrificing yourself for a cause that you can't even determine?" She tilts her head to the side.

"Affirmative. Atabane Jiro is childish. Storing this information now." She doesn't react to his words, barely even moves. "Dueling Amagatsu Kazuma, who is widely renowned for his strength, is the worst way to test your own. You are trying to test a light breeze against a windstorm. The windstorm will always come out on top, because it is larger, has been there for a longer period of time, and understands the wind flow better than you. It is counter intuitive to attempt to train yourself to be stronger against the flow of the water, rather than with it. Guiding yourself with the water flow is easier to do, and nets you results faster. The question isn't 'can you test yourself', Atabane Jiro. It is 'can you take the slow path'?"

She stops speaking, and then looks at Yoshi, a sort of hope in her eyes. "Am... Am I doing better with the social interaction protocols Yoshi-san? I removed some of the previous inhibitors on my system to better interact with Shinigami."

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Orimoto snicked as she heard the HECATE's comment about Jiro. "I personally think that comment was better social protocol." She says with a grin. She still didn't like the robot thing, but at the very least it was amusing. She glanced back at her Captain, the Commander General and deciding to try and look good in front of him she casually asked, "Would you like a record kept of the battle, sir?"

Normally she hated paperwork, recording, and monitoring, but her reasons for the offer were three-fold. One, it would look good in front of the captain. Two, it would make it look like she hadn't been slacking after all. Three, it would be hilarious to send copies to all of 11th division when Jiro lost.

Spoiler
    Show
    @strawberryman: On a side note, you quoted my post, but didn't reply to it last page about asking if you needed her for anything. Unless I somehow missed it. It IS 5:30am here...but I read it a couple times so I don't think so?
    Last edited by Major; 2011-10-12 at 04:31 AM.