New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Oh, and before I forget: I'm totally keeping "too cool for skrewl" Screwball as my avatar for a while.

'Cause I'm the new avatar of the Pink One
    *lifts cover of picnic basket only to reveal balloons which float off with the basket*
    Well played, Pinkie.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Oh, and before I forget: I'm totally keeping "too cool for skrewl" Screwball as my avatar for a while.

'Cause I'm the new avatar of the Pink One
    *lifts cover of picnic basket only to reveal balloons which float off with the basket*
    Well played, Pinkie.
    Ep 3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I saw this happen, it registered in my mind, and then I forgot about it completely.

And now I can't stop smiling. Yay, amazing gags!
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have stuff I need to respond to (Don't think I haven't seen you, there, Shadowy!), but for now, I just wanted to get this out before my energy completely exhausts itself, because Titanium Fox is awesome and I will respond to that:

Rarity's Night
    Spoiler
    Show
    A gentle thrill erupted from Midnight's lips, and down his body, from the touch of his Lady Rarity's lips against his own. He dimly felt her hoof snaking over his shoulder, her lips pushing closer to his own. His eyes didn't close, he looked deeply into Rarity's own. It felt as if he were linked with this beautiful, mature mare, his soul forever entwined with hers in some way.

How would anything be the same after this night? Would they be able to go back to what they were? This night, even if it were this single moment in time, would forever remain in their hearts. Nopony could be touched so deeply, and with so much emotion, and remain unscarred from it. There would always be a permanent mark to be carried around by him. So what did this mean? He loved Shimmer, he knew that. The Princess deep inside the Prince still blushed furiously when thinking about her writer. So what would this do to the future? What would happen the next time she saw "Aunt" Rarity, as "Niece" Midnight? What...

No.

What the future would hold was not to be worried over this night. The storms that loomed in the horizon was not here yet. Rarity was right. Time was fleeting, and every moment that was wasted by doubt and fear was a moment that was stolen away from them.

"My Lady Rarity...this moment will last into eternity." He said quietly, and moved his hoof down, resting against Rarity's chest. Her beating heart was so tantalizing against his hoof, and his own heart seemed to match it, beat for beat. "For it will forever dwell in here."

It was time for the riskiest part of this night.

He stood from his seat, the half-eaten and cold meal completely forgotten. His horn glimmered in the night, stars of magic flecking forth from it, as he weaved his next piece of magic. A spell that he had learned from his mother, that gave voice to the green. But here, it was not a lullaby mean to render a rampaging Ursa docile. Instead, it was the sound of soft harps that began to play, as delicate and ethereal as the flowers that it emerged from. He walked around the table, never losing contact with his Lady, until he stood in front of her.

"My Lady, could you favor me with a dance under the moon?" This was it, this was the risk. It had taken weeks of training and practice for the awkward young mare to be able to dance properly at the Gala, and even then she had accidentally kicked or stomped on more than a couple of hooves and legs. He remembered that he had nearly torn Rarity's dress, had seen that tell-tale twitch of her eye of displease. She had felt so guilty.

But here, now, he knew...he just somehow knew that he would be able to dance. The flowers and music seemed to promise the grace that he knew was necessary for him would be at his call.

"I would be honored if you were to accept."

---

Spike plucked one of the flowers from the vase, and rolled it nervously in hos claws. He didn't like the dark thoughts that were racing through his mind, and, logically, he knew it had to be wrong. Midnight couldn't possibly...couldn't possibly...

"She was helping Rarity with restocking supplies, and..." Spike started, and then blinked, hearing Sweetie Belle's explanation. His eyes drifted to that destroyed Gala dress. Suddenly it was starting to make sense. He was being silly. He could see how it probably had happened: Midnight stumbling upon the dress and apologizing again about how it had gotten wrecked. Rarity gently chiding Midnight, but mostly to get a rise out of the easily-flustered mare. Midnight blushing and squirming, begging for forgiveness. She probably had insisted on taking Rarity out to dinner!

Yeah, that was probably it. Rarity...Rarity didn't swing that way anyways, and Midnight had Shimmer. No, clearly, clearly this wasn't what he was thinking.He could hardly believe it, being so jealous over his own sister. Really, now, how silly he was.

Yet, there was still doubt nagging at him, threatening to pull him back into that darkness, and he was holding the source of that doubt in his claw. The flowers, the vase. He kept rolling that delicate flower, and stiffened, hearing Sweetie's last question.

He still remembered that night, and what they had told him had happened. Swore him to secrecy. Surely, as long as he omitted the most important part of the story, Twilight and Trixie wouldn't be angry. Hopefully. He just needed to talk, express why these flowers were so important, surely it would help him shake the ill feeling in his stomach.

"Do you remember the night, when Midnight was only about a month old, when she got really sick with magic overload, and then accidentally teleported to the Everfree Forest?"
    He started, and lifted the flower to show Sweetie. "When Twi, Trix, and Princess Luna found Midnight, she had made an entire glade in the Everfree of these flowers."

And a ghost. That was the part Spike left out, the part he still could scarcely believe himself. It was only because scientific-minded Twilight had believed it happened that he did, too.

"Ever since then, Mids has always only been able to make these flowers whenever she tries Trixie's flower-making spell, or tries to grow flowers using other types of magic. No matter what she tries, she always get these flowers. On top of that, Twilight has never been able to find out what type of flowers these are."

He gave the flower to Sweetie.

"Twi actually had to come up with the name for them herself in the end. She calls them Dreamblooms."
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-10-17 at 10:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Our own policy is never to pay to play.
    No Matter What!
    Held since the big MMORPG was Evercrack and holding steady ever since!
    Typically, this is my rule of thumb as well. The trick though is that this isn't pay to play, this is just straight up giving a donation to a group of people to help them keep the server going. I also get donator benefits, but these are SUPER chill ones too, that I almost don't even care about. As opposed to nighTeams or saigns, where donators get more health, better everything and are no fun to play against, donators don't get benefits past end of round immunity, colored chat font, and like a reserved slot, if they want it.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

RE: Thread derail:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2011-10-17 at 10:26 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

6. - Top - End - #66

Hey guys, poni!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    For all it's worth, I still believe in you, Celestia.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry. I won't be posting regarding it unless I have something pony-related to say too, and I'll be sure to spoiler it. Unless it's totally unallowed. (I did ask if there was a better thread to ask in first)

Berry Punch is unamused too, see?

Lyra and BonBon just think we're weird:

Spoiler
    Show

Cheerilee is just like *lolface*

Spoiler
    Show

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Probably best to take this off the board Beeskee. It doesn't really belong in ponythread, and it might break board rules too.
    Fair enough, nopony else respond plz.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-17 at 10:36 PM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    No, its the Princess.
    But We Haven't Learned Anything Yet!
    We're Going Back to Magic Kindergarten Because...
    WE'RE TARDY!!!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Probably best to take this off the board Beeskee. It doesn't really belong in ponythread, and it might break board rules too.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Big Mac is teh best brony!

12. - Top - End - #72

Heh, if we had religion vs. science flamewars AND Pony shipping/RP we'd have to come up with new thread titles like every 12 hours
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

13. - Top - End - #73

Big Mac is teh best brony!
    Truly truly he is

Alright, I think I have had a good enough wrap up to my day, time to go to bed. G'night everypony! Time to see what my subconscious have cooked up for me tonight.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Heh, if we had religion vs. science flamewars AND Pony shipping/RP we'd have to come up with new thread titles like every 12 hours
    I vote for pony shipping. It's better than flamewars.

Spoiler
    Show

Wat? You were looking for pr0n weren't you?

Anyway, sorry for starting trouble. I'mma go hide under the bed with Midnight and whoever else is under there now. *sniffle* Happy all gone now. Need moar hugz.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-17 at 10:48 PM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Possibly something to inspire a story after I finish my current one. (I'll give you a taste of that one too, once I finish the intro)

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah... ah still got some energy left. Ah can do one more grove..."
    "I'm sure you could."
    "Put me down. Ah can walk."
    "Nnnnope."
    "Big Mac, you haven't carried me like this since ah was a lil' filly."
    "Eeeyup."
    "It's embarassing. Put me down. What if Apple Bloom sees?"
    "Don't matter. We're here now."
    "Sure feels softer when yer this tired. No, you don't have t'tuck me in."
    "Want to though."
    "Reminds me... *yawn* You miss mom and pop too sometimes?"
    ".... eeyup. G'night AJ."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground

Anyway, new thread! Woohoo!

EDIT: removed stuff after reading the ENTIRE PAGE THAT POPPED UP WHILE I WAS TYPING IT. Dear Celestia, ponythread...
    Last edited by byaku rai; 2011-10-17 at 10:45 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    derail? Um, this is Ponythread, silly. We don't do rails so much as pony-themed sandbox.

ALTHOUGH!
    He is kinda right, and the religion discussion shouldn't have gotten as far as it did. One of the few really hard/fast rules, that one.

-

Bleakbane! I considered arguing with you / raging at being a pink party pony premiere, but;

Spoiler
    Show

You put 'super powers' in italics. And I mean really, who could top that? I mean, except for that time Phoe went and conquered an entire pony website, but. Seriously... *yammers on for a while*

EDIT: I really need to hit Preview more often. A day late and a dollar short again.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

That's a really badass skeleton.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

popped in to say that I love the title. That is all.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Once modded a political discussion forum. It wasn't pretty.

Fixed it by deleting the board whole and laying down strict quality assurance rules.
    Amazing how rapid fire nonsense and flaming slows into almost reasonable debate once people have to produce.... actual paragraphs or have their posts
    {{Deleted}} by my Iron Hoof
    Ahh the good old days!
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2011-10-17 at 10:47 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Firbolg in the Playground

So Siuis, now that you're the avatar of the Pink One, what do you want to do tonight?

They're screwball and the Pink (-ie Pie)
    They're screwball and the Pikn (-ie Pie)
    One is all bonkers, the other's insane!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #82

Oh, come on. It wouldn't come to flamewars. We're all good ponies, here, right?

... *looks askance at SuccuMidnight*

... Well, it still wouldn't come to flamewars.

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    Oh, come on. It wouldn't come to flamewars. We're all good ponies, here, right?

... *looks askance at SuccuMidnight*

... Well, it still wouldn't come to flamewars.
    Oh there would be flame wars

Flame wars and tree sap.

Seriously I had a couple of half composed posts in my head I was restraining myself from putting in here. I don't want to argue about religion, it makes me mean and unponylike. Like playing Monopoly with my siblings, a few hours from now somebody would end up with a black eye.

EDIT: Also, if in several years FiM has shark-jumped but we're all still here bitter shells of our former selves having angry fights, I nominate "Flame Wars and Tree Sap" to be a future thread title.
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-10-17 at 10:57 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Flame wars and tree sap.

Seriously I had a couple of half composed posts in my head I was restraining myself from putting in here. I don't want to argue about religion, it makes me mean and unponylike. Like playing Monopoly with my siblings, a few hours from now somebody would end up with a black eye
    Soooounnds like that might cause GOOD FRIENDS to have a problem....

Ahh HHAA HAH AHAHAHAHAHAH!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

EDIT: Also, if in several years FiM has shark-jumped but we're all still here bitter shells of our former selves having angry fights, I nominate "Flame Wars and Tree Sap" to be a future thread title.
    I have the feeling it'd be more like when people pretend there were only 3 Star Wars movies or only one Highlander or Matrix. We'll get along just fine as always, we just won't like the new stuff.

Of course, I mean just in general here. There are plenty of people who like the Star Wars Prequels and Matrix sequels. Never heard anybody defend the Highlander sequels.

26. - Top - End - #86

Flame wars and tree sap.

Seriously I had a couple of half composed posts in my head I was restraining myself from putting in here. I don't want to argue about religion, it makes me mean and unponylike. Like playing Monopoly with my siblings, a few hours from now somebody would end up with a black eye.

'tis okay, I'm like that with politics. Stupid makes me angry, and so much of politics is stupid...

If you continue this train of thought, byaku, I will have to hurt you.

... Great. It's spreading. Who are you?

... I'm not sure just yet, but I do know I'm the pony who's going to clop you in the face if you don't stop thinking about politics.

... Lovely. WELP time for bed, ponythread. See you in eight hours or so.

27. - Top - End - #87

Soooounnds like that might cause GOOD FRIENDS to have a problem....

Ahh HHAA HAH AHAHAHAHAHAH!
    Yeah, Twilight could have short circuited a lot of her problems in this episode and just gotten her friends together to play Monopoly. Or Risk. She could have had a massive friendship blowout within the hour

28. - Top - End - #88
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    That's a really badass skeleton.
    He likes to think so too. But don't tell him or it will all go to his cranium.

Flame wars and tree sap.

That's something I think we can all agree on!

Monopoly is the Windows Movie Maker of the boardgame world.

So I have a question, since it's been 3 pages and now I'm all like, paranoid. Did anypony see my D(itpywbt)&D blurb? I'd like to officially solicit opinions, sil vous plait.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    I vote for pony shipping. It's better than flamewars.

Spoiler
    Show

Wat? You were looking for pr0n weren't you?

Anyway, sorry for starting trouble. I'mma go hide under the bed with Midnight and whoever else is under there now. *sniffle* Happy all gone now. Need moar hugz.
    Don't feel bad, it's a touchy subject and you were feeling down about it. Clearly, the next course of action is hugs.

*hugs*

*hides under bed too*

*constructs pillowfort-style defenses to defend the growing cuddlepile*

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    So I have a question, since it's been 3 pages and now I'm all like, paranoid. Did anypony see my D(itpywbt)&D blurb? I'd like to officially solicit opinions, sil vous plait.
    Was this for the PbP game, or just random noodling? Either way, it seemed like an interesting setting for a "ponyverse gone wrong". Consider me intrigued and awaiting further installments.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, Twilight could have short circuited a lot of her problems in this episode and just gotten her friends together to play Monopoly. Or Risk. She could have had a massive friendship blowout within the hour
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    That's something I think we can all agree on!

Monopoly is the Windows Movie Maker of the boardgame world.
    Someone once made the mistake of buying "Survivor: The Board Game!" for my family. The premise is that the players need to choose to "vote off" one of the others, and the last remaining player wins. Mom had to choose whether to eliminate myself or my brother, both of an immature and highly competitive age. It... uh... well, lets just say it was the last time we ever played Survivor.

We learned a lesson about friendship that day.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-10-17 at 11:16 PM.