New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Does anypony else just enjoy getting up early on Saturday mornings to watch cartoons? Makes me feel like a kid again, and I notice I actually have way more energy than when I stay up until 4:00 a.m. and sleep until noon (as per the typical grad student schedule).
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Ep4:

Spoiler
    Show
    ZECORA USED MAGIC! ZECORA USED MAGIC!
    Ep4 reply:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This episode pretty much cements her as an alchemist. Potions for every occasion!

I really liked her costume, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Episode spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    Could not stop thinking "How did Celestia not cover this already?"
    Ep4 reply:
    Spoiler
    Show
    My theory is that Celestia didn't want to get into the "big sister knows best" dynamic all over again. I bet she suggested Ponyville as the place Luna should go reconnect with their subjects, though.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Episode 4 Spoilers

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, and all those ponies in EqDaily who think that they named Pip after the FO:Equestria character, I'm going to hunt you down, and jam a copy of Great Expectations down your silly throat. It's around 800 pages! It'll hurt, I promise! (And yet, still probably isn't as long as that fic is.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, I laughed so hard when Zecora called him Little Pip. I know it wasn't a shout out or a reference to FO:E (as much as I love the story I would prefer grimdark references kept out of the show anyway) but it was still an amusing enough coincidence. I've commented elsewhere that Little Pip is canon now but I don't seriously believe that. I didn't catch the Great Expectations reference though, after looking that up it seems pretty obvious that's where the name came from.

Anyway, I loved this episode. Luna's crazy over the top Goa'uld voice was so awesome. And I loved how Twilight wasn't scared at all, she was just like "Yay Princess Luna! ... why is everpony running?" I didn't see it myself but someone said Colgate was a dentist, I have to see if this is true. Shadowbolt Dash was great, her costume was very appropriate to the holiday.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    [OOC: Should the egg hatch, who wants to play it?

Spoiler
    Show
    "It says..." Tinker looked at it, "... that I can't tell you because it'll taint the experiment." She looked at it closer, "But it says that I can give you a generic and non-committal compliment! Let's see," Tinker opened up a book and scanned through it "You sure rotated those sides, huh?" She slammed the book shut. "Compliment, check! Next test!"

Tinker turned away for a moment, rummaged with something, and then spun around shoving a sun-crest in Second Hand's face and bellowing "THE POWER OF CELESTIA COMPELS YOU!"
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Clockwork RP:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Compels me to do what?" Igneous asked, looking up from the cube he was now fiddling with. He'd begun with a couple of twists to break up the completed puzzle that Sek had done. Not too many though, he'd never been too good at these things.

Unfortunately, backtracking his actions was proving to be a problem and each turn he made was making the formerly uniform sides turn into a riot of colours once more.

OOC: If it does hatch, it should probably be RP'd by whoever it "imprints" on. That probably means whichever pony it sees first. I don't have any preference as to who that is though (happy to do it if you want, happy to let someone else do it). I do find the image of Charger or Iggy having to care for it to be somewhat entertaining though.

However (Spoiled as it pertains to Iggy's thought processes)

Spoiler
    Show
    If it hatches though, Igneous is going to be very surprised, as he was deliberately not trying to hatch it. He had two goals when he knocked the thing over, the first was to see whather Tinker, like any good crazy scientist, could identify the object from the sound it made. That gave him some faith in her abilities. The second (which only came into it retroactively once Thanqol identified it as a dragon egg) was to try to find out what a potentially restricted magical item was doing in the shop, and to see if it was there for suspicious reasons.

*Blastech passes the following note to the DM*:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Igneous has placed a magical tracer on it, and will likely send a message to the next guard he sees to find out who last inhabited the store.

Accidents happen though, maybe Tinker's work on it made it more susceptible to hatching via the shock buzzer discharge. So don't let the above stop you from hatching it if you want to.
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the sun crest is shoved in his face, Sek pulls his head back to avoid a collision with Tinker's hoof. Glancing over at Iggy and Charger, the pegasus wonders aloud, "So Charger, is this a Canterlot thing, or a Tinker thing?"

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Actually it'd be me that has it, just updated to have the most recent passage.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US
    Enjoy!

IT"S ONLY 5 MINUTES TILL THE SHOW, TIME Y U SO SLOW!?
    Whoops! Sorry about misidentifying you, Strife. Thanks for the link though!

Also, can't find the ep on Youtube. I am sad droid...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    They had a scene with Derpy and Carrot Top. They know.

Twilight's indignant response to everypony not knowing who she was for Nightmare Night was great. So was random prankster Shadowbolt Rainbow Dash. Now I kind of want to go looking for that "Rainbow Dash becomes a Shadowbolt" fanfic, because she is rocking that costume.

I turned to my oldest little sister during this episode, around the time that Luna was declaring the doubling of the fun, and said, "I'm getting a Starfire vibe from her, aren't you?" And, after a bit of consideration, I can safely declare that I love Supervillain Anachronistic Woobie Luna. (Really, Supervillain Luna. That's the only thing I can call her knack for declaring the THE NIGHT WILL x FOREEEEEVAH and her constant bats/lightning/dark-ominous-cloud-aura. She's a natural Supervillain who's trying her best to be good.)

Funniest part of the episode? When I wasn't groaning at the screen "YOU KNOW SHE'S GOOD", everything with Fluttershy was hysterical. Absolutely hysterical.

Awesome part of the episode? SHADOWBOLT DASH SHADOWBOLT DASH SHAAAAAAAAAAADOWBOLT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH oh, and did I mention SHADOWBOLT DASH

I wondered why Zecora was spreading the tale of Nightmare Moon, having been stung by ponies telling tales about her before, but then it hit me: she probably didn't know about Luna/Nightmare Moon/what happened at Castle Everfree. She wants to help out at the Nightmare Night festival, to help show the ponies that she was just like them, and the mayor asked her: "Hey, you could tell the foals the story of Nightmare Moon! Here, it goes like this..."

And, for most of the episode, I thought that the writers were playing off Pinkie's already-established character flaw of gossiping and assuming the worst of scary ponies. I had no idea she was trolling the GOD-PRINCESS HERSELF until... man, it hit me right as it hit Twilight. Good writing there.

SHAAAAAADOWBOLT DAAAAAAAAAAAAASH
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ogre in the Playground

First thoughts about EP4:
    Spoiler
    Show

It was a good episode (though I still like the last one better). Some somewhat annoying plot holes (...you were all there when she was purified! At least Pinkie was trolling, though), suspicious lack of Rarity (why not just a non-speaking appearance?), but over-all it was rather good.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Nightmare glances at Leo's direction. "There is a blacksmith not far from here. Why do you need your shoes replaced?
    Spoiler
    Show
    He chuckles and grins. "Well, long story short, they're how I make those portals, my Essence isn't the kind that's supposed to be used for that ability so they wear out after a while... And I really, really don't want to get stuck between the portals."
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Barbarian in the Playground

I actually got to watch it! =D

ep 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really liked it once Luna's true personality started showing, and it really reminded me of the fanfic Progress, which made me happy.

Pinkie Pie makes a very good chicken.

Luna uses magic much more freely than her sister. maybe that's from spending a thousand years on the moon? Nice effects, although the implications of being able to summon stormclouds/lightning at will could probably put the pegasi out of business.

Love the Derpy moment XD

That's all I've got right now, I'll probably post more once we hit the next thread.

... Ok, I lied. One more thing. We need Luna emoticons.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Troll in the Playground

Grabbing some Ep4 costume pics from Ponibooru (which is running remarkably fast considering it's just after a new episode) spoilered for your convienience:

Ep4
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. and Mrs. Cake as Raggedy Ann and Andy

This one has the dentist Colgate:

*snerk*

Some guy from jaws (plus Carrot Top looking very nice as a devil in the BG there :3)

SCORPION WINS! FATALITY:

Some more BG ponies:

Also this: (more ep4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

First thoughts about EP4:
    Spoiler
    Show

It was a good episode (though I still like the last one better). Some somewhat annoying plot holes (...you were all there when she was purified! At least Pinkie was trolling, though), suspicious lack of Rarity (why not just a non-speaking appearance?), but over-all it was rather good.

Another thing: I was sure that Luna's behavior in this episode would make people stop with the Trollestia thing, but reading the comments here I can see I was wrong...

Also, I feel that quote from the MLP:FiM TVTropes Nightmare Fuel page is appropriate:
    "We go places that, perhaps, other candy colored TV shows won't go. And that's part of what I love about this show, is that we're allowed to explore those areas... Kids love to be scared."
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2011-10-22 at 10:58 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Orc in the Playground

Arrrrrgh, I'm back and it's not on Youtube yet. Curse you, spoiler boxes, I'm too fearful to look within.

*waits impatiently, taps hoof*

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, well I found a (tolerable) Youtube stream:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Haven't finished yet, but DANG! I really like creepy!Zecora, even the rhyming works for me with that costume and the green dust! Also, Nightmare Luna is freaking AWESOME! Dat Chariot!

EDIT: For those still searching, here's a link to the episode on Youtube (warning: crappy sound) Spoooooky!
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-10-22 at 11:02 AM.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    Arrrrrgh, I'm back and it's not on Youtube yet. Curse you, spoiler boxes, I'm too fearful to look within.

Well, that's odd, because I just watched it there. Here it should be.

EDIT: Pony ninja again! Just like the one in the episode itself.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2011-10-22 at 11:03 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Firbolg in the Playground

Watching episode log
    Spoiler
    Show

Twilight being twilight
    Pinkie is best pony
    D'awww
    Pinkie is best pony (eating candy like a Scootaloo)
    Pinkie is best pony
    Rainbowdash just murdered Spike
    It's the pony that had Applebloom ruin his racket
    Nice clown-fro
    Rhyming alchemist!
    Pip makes me D'awww
    Darth Woona
    That sexy voice
    Melodrama princess
    Pinkie... not best pony? Luna... best pony?! I'm confused
    Fluttershy gunna shy
    Scootawolf, Firemare Dinky, Bride of Frankenbloom, Countess Sweetie Bell
    New catchphrase: HAHA! The fun has been doubled!
    Paranoid-Pie
    Good job Pinkie, now there's demon spiders.
    Dat backdrop
    Pinkie, no, it's a trap!
    MY PANCREAS, WHY PIP, WHY?!
    The Nightmare Night. Shall last. FOREVER

opinion
    Spoiler
    Show
    A lot less slapstick, a lot more of the usual ponyness
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Orc in the Playground

YAYYYYYYY. That didn't show up when I searched. Back in twenty minutes.

16. - Top - End - #1336

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post

Yes it is

Quadruple ninja'd. Very impressive
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-10-22 at 11:06 AM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hey Guys, point of practicality.... anyone seen Trixie?

The thread, I dinnae 'tink she can take much more Cap'n!

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

Oddly enough it's not moving that fast at the moment. Maybe that'll change soon, though...

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Hey Guys, point of practicality.... anyone seen Trixie?

The thread, I dinnae 'tink she can take much more Cap'n!
    I was speaking to her earlier.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Firbolg in the Playground

Episode 4: my new catchphrase

Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'm going to put it in tf2 spray form if anyone is interested.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

21. - Top - End - #1341

Well, I guess I know my next project after Titanium and I finish up Rarity's Night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rewriting Reaching Midnight, now that I know her proper persona! The later ones are fine, because it's decades later, and things have changed dramatically, but both my fanon and the official canon have progressed enough that I'd love to go back and rewrite Reaching knowing what I know now, and with the skills that I now possess.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-10-22 at 11:20 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I was speaking to her earlier.
    Well as long as we know if we need a pinch hitter or not.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Well as long as we know if we need a pinch hitter or not.
    I've been instructed to let her know when we're at page 48, any thread name suggestions?

Also, I hate 503 errors with a burning passion.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, they say that spoilers don't actually ruin our enjoyment of things.
    Spoiler Alert: Stories Are Not Spoiled by 'Spoilers'

"Plots are just excuses for great writing. What the plot is is (almost) irrelevant. The pleasure is in the writing," said Christenfeld, a UC San Diego professor of social psychology.

"Monet's paintings aren't really about water lilies," he said.

It's also possible that it's "easier" to read a spoiled story. Other psychological studies have shown that people have an aesthetic preference for objects that are perceptually easy to process.

"So it could be," said Leavitt, a psychology doctoral student at UC San Diego, "that once you know how it turns out, it's cognitively easier – you're more comfortable processing the information – and can focus on a deeper understanding of the story."

But the researchers are careful to note that they do not have a new recipe for writers to follow. After all, spoilers helped only when presented in advance, outside of the piece. When the researchers inserted a spoiler directly into a story, it didn't go over quite as well.

The overall findings are consistent with the experience most of us have had: A favorite tale can be re-read multiple times with undiminished pleasure. A beloved movie can be watched again and again.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

25. - Top - End - #1345

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    is it online yet? here, in Eastern Europe we don't have Hub :(

anyone can provide a link?
    A link has already been posted, but if you don't care for that one, here's an alternative.
    Does anypony else just enjoy getting up early on Saturday mornings to watch cartoons? Makes me feel like a kid again, and I notice I actually have way more energy than when I stay up until 4:00 a.m. and sleep until noon (as per the typical grad student schedule).
    Aye, it is rather fun at that.

Ep4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone else find Luna's new look to be a bit odd? Sorry if this was already covered, I was avoiding pre-release spoilers.

EDIT:I'm sorry, but as someone who loves a good mystery novel, I've got to disagree most strenuously. Outside of mysteries, I still find that spoilers rather dampen my enjoyment by creating expectations that are invariably off, usually by setting my expectations impossibly high. EDIT2: They spoiled Agatha Christie books? Science has gone too far.
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-10-22 at 11:38 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "AND TO SPEAK AT THIS VOLUME WHEN ADRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!"

I'm laughing very hard right now.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Ep4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's been how long since they defeated Nightmare Moon? And not once did Celestia say to her sister "Hey, we should talk about the whole "Royal Canterlot voice" thing"?

Trollestia at her best-ia.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe it didn't come up, or Luna just didn't ask. Or Trollestia was being the best big sister she could be and let her student handle it. It seems like a sibling-type thing to do.

Also, she nailed the Elizabethan English. As a fan of Shakespeare and being raised going to a church where a large portion of the Elizabethan was used in the hymnody and chants in the main service book (reasons for which are beyond the scope of the forum), I am very pleased. Especially since the scriptwriters minded their thees and thous. Properly.

Also, I love how much they played up the dark-and-spooky Dracula-style-Transylvanian aspect of Luna's entourage. Bat-winged cat-eyed pegasi, bat motif on the chariot, bats apparently forming Luna's cloak, etc.

Also how everyone is all *GASP* NIGHTMARE MOON! but Twilight is all excited at seeing Luna again.

Plus, Pinkie Pie trolls the foals, is a chicken and not a genius, and Prankster Dash with a smoky contrail is all amusing. And Luna coming to realize the same thing her sister learned over the thousand years: it's fun to spook those silly ponies.

In short,
    I.
    LOVE.
    THIS.
    EPISODE.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Troll in the Playground

Ep 4 Stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think this has been my favorite on in the new season so far. Some things with Discord felt rushed, and the third episode was slapstick-heavy; I don't mind a little slapstick now and then, but I'm glad that they toned it down this episode. Also, hurrah for a mind-control free episode! Doesn't really bother me, but I know some ponies really dislike it...

So at first, I was totally thinking that Luna's dramatic entrance was intentional, and like Ponyville I wanted to be scared! Then she turned anachronistic, and I was confused and a little put off by all the 'thous' and 'we's. However, as things went on, I decided I kind of liked the nuclear-mode-Galadriel voice. (Though I'm not a big fan of the little breath marks animation that seems to come with it)

I think what really saved things and made everything click was Pinkie's revelation about wanting to be scared. Not only did it rationalize her (up till then) odd and repetitive behavior, but it gave Luna something to latch on to and helped her end the episode back in epic creepy mode, which I was actually looking forward to. She could totally be awesome if she embraces this, like that guy with the crazy-decked-out haunted house and spooky stories that all the kids want to hang around on Halloween night.

Also, re: the Elements of Harmony acting weird about Luna. First, Twilight is obviously unaffected, and Pinkie's reaction is explained later. Dash and Rarity don't really show up or have much reaction so that's that. Fluttershy is scared of everything, whether she beat it or not. The only slight oddball is AJ, but I'm going to blame her cowering on Zecora's epic story skills.

Seriously, this episode redeemed Zecora for me...the rhyming just wasn't my thing until she started using it for a performance with magic and illusions and leering Nightmare faces...

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Titan in the Playground

Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know, the only way I can explain how in probably a year or more Luna hasn't noticed that her sister doesn't SPEAK IN HUGE CAPITAL LETTERS to her subjects, is either that she's lived in a cave ever since, or... that really is how they speak back in Canterlot even now.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know, the only way I can explain how in probably a year or more Luna hasn't noticed that her sister doesn't SPEAK IN HUGE CAPITAL LETTERS to her subjects, is either that she's lived in a cave ever since, or... that really is how they speak back in Canterlot even now.
    Ep. 4 Spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trollestia has been shouting at her for going on a year now...

Actually, kidding aside, it could be that it hasn't actually been a year. If anything, the Equestrian time stream portrayed in the show is pretty fluid, so if we assume Nightmare Night happens toward the end of October (like the RL counterpart) the episode could very well take place just before/after the Running of the Leaves from last season. That would mean substantially less time had passed and Luna would still have been very much a fish out of water, with only a few months to try and catch up on 1000+ years of old habits.

Spoiler
    Show