New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

S2E4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Great episode. I am thrilled that they didn't go with the meek, shy Fluttershyesque Luna I had expected. She was a total success.

This episode turned it down a little from the previous one, and I needed that. The best episode so far in the season, and one of the better ones overall.
    Last edited by Weimann; 2011-10-22 at 11:55 AM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Ep. 4 Spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trollestia has been shouting at her for going on a year now...

Actually, kidding aside, it could be that it hasn't actually been a year. If anything, the Equestrian time stream portrayed in the show is pretty fluid, so if we assume Nightmare Night happens toward the end of October (like the RL counterpart) the episode could very well take place just before/after the Running of the Leaves from last season. That would mean substantially less time had passed and Luna would still have been very much a fish out of water, with only a few months to try and catch up on 1000+ years of old habits.
    Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe. I suppose the fact that she gets Twilight's costume suggests she's a bookworm herself (I SO love that!), so maybe she's spent the last few months buried in the royal library.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2011-10-22 at 11:52 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Bugbear in the Playground

Episode thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show

First, This is my favourite episode this season, and probably will be one of those I will watch again and again.

more specifically:
    No one getting Twilligts costume was fun, and really when she picked someone described in a book about obscure unicorn history what did she expect.

Loved Zecoras stint as a storyteller.

Luna: your wagon is cool and all but if you don't want to scare ponies you should consider shifting aesthetic from scary darkness to comforting darkness.

I like Lunas old-timey way of speaking. Shows that she has been away from society for a thousand years.
    Fun fact: the English word "fun" is less than 300 years old. This explain why Luna wouldn't know what Applejack meant at first and her later slightly strange usage of it.
    Theory time:
    The reason the Traditional Royal Voice is no longer used, is that advances in technology have made it so that it no longer is necessary in order for them to be heard by everypony in a gathering on the slopes of mount Canterlot.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe. I suppose the fact that she gets Twilight's costume suggests she's a bookworm herself (I SO love that!), so maybe she's spent the last few months buried in the royal library.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Or maybe she knew him? A thousand years old and all that.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Barbarian in the Playground

Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Or maybe she knew him!

Cursed ninjas, I'll get you yet!
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2011-10-22 at 11:56 AM.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, that's quite possible too. But I still say Luna makes a great bookworm :)

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

Random thoughts relating to Episode 4 (sort of):
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've been thinking a bit about Celestia, and have a theory that maybe she once was more of the traditional, "superior" (though not full tyrant) ruler, but that she wants to develop a more friendly image (which is part of why she wants Twilight to send her letters). I can see this episode supporting that.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vegetalss4 View Post
    Episode thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show
    I like Lunas old-timey way of speaking. Shows that she has been away from society for a thousand years.
    Fun fact: the English word "fun" is less than 300 years old. This explain why Luna wouldn't know what Applejack meant at first and her later slightly strange usage of it.
    Theory time:
    The reason the Traditional Royal Voice is no longer used, is that advances in technology have made it so that it no longer is necessary in order for them to be heard by everypony in a gathering on the slopes of mount Canterlot.
    Ep4
    Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't know that about the word fun. That makes sense now, though Twilight could have easily just explained it as enjoyment. Of course, that wouldn't be funny.

Also, I approve your theory on the Canterlot voice. Makes sense.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

9. - Top - End - #1359

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Or maybe she knew him!

Cursed ninjas, I'll get you yet!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, that's how I interpreted it too.

Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, that's quite possible too. But I still say Luna makes a great bookworm :)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, being the contemporary of one of the unicorns who apparently revolutionized magical theory means she isn't a bookworm?

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Barbarian in the Playground

I haven't caught up to the tread yet. So I'm gonna put this here and do that.

episode 4 spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    THAT WAS AWESOME BUT WHERE THE HAY WAS RARITY!?
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    I'm sorry, but as someone who loves a good mystery novel, I've got to disagree most strenuously. Outside of mysteries, I still find that spoilers rather dampen my enjoyment by creating expectations that are invariably off, usually by setting my expectations impossibly high.
    No, the point is that you build false expectations and assumptions when stories are not spoiled for you, often forcing you to reread them from the beginning before you can "get" them. But I don't really agree with the results either, to be honest. It's interesting to think about, though.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Because some ponies are silly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously, it's a little colt with a British accent named Pip. You are silly if you think it's anything other than Great Expectations.
    Or one of the writers is a South Park fan.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know, the only way I can explain how in probably a year or more Luna hasn't noticed that her sister doesn't SPEAK IN HUGE CAPITAL LETTERS to her subjects, is either that she's lived in a cave ever since, or... that really is how they speak back in Canterlot even now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tia still uses it... occasionally. Like when Twilight's spells turn an entire town into a giant brawl over a ragged old doll.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    This was my assumption.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Troll in the Playground

Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I did actually kind of squee at her interactions with Twilight, because they were kind of similar to a fic idea I had ages ago. She was a bit more demure in my mind, but still very bookworm-ish and Twilight-like.

Quote Originally Posted by vegetalss4 View Post
    Episode thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show

First, This is my favourite episode this season, and probably will be one of those I will watch again and again.

more specifically:
    No one getting Twilligts costume was fun, and really when she picked someone described in a book about obscure unicorn history what did she expect.

Loved Zecoras stint as a storyteller.

Luna: your wagon is cool and all but if you don't want to scare ponies you should consider shifting aesthetic from scary darkness to comforting darkness.

Theory time:
    Spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is actually a really good point about the voice. People speaking to crowds without amplification have to talk in what sounds like a raised voice, or even a shout in order to be heard.

Also, I would totally ride around in Luna's chariot! So Awesome!

Also I keep wanting to hear her go: "All shall love me and despair!"
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

14. - Top - End - #1364

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    I haven't caught up to the tread yet. So I'm gonna put this here and do that.

episode 4 spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    THAT WAS AWESOME BUT WHERE THE HAY WAS RARITY!?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite simply? It's likely a matter of practicality.

Remember, the VO of Rarity also voices Luna, Zecora, and Granny Smith. Considering they all had lines, with Luna and Zecora specifically being major players in this episode, having to do Rarity on top of all of that might have been a bit much.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite simply? It's likely a matter of practicality.

Remember, the VO of Rarity also voices Luna, Zecora, and Granny Smith. Considering they all had lines, with Luna and Zecora specifically being major players in this episode, having to do Rarity on top of all of that might have been a bit much.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still, it would have been nice to have either her in the background or an explanation about her absence. She even had concept art, making it even stranger.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2011-10-22 at 12:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, being the contemporary of one of the unicorns who apparently revolutionized magical theory means she isn't a bookworm?
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, of course not. Just wanted to say I like Luna being a bookworm. That's all :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tia still uses it... occasionally. Like when Twilight's spells turn an entire town into a giant brawl over a ragged old doll.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, she was supposedly angry there, so that doesn't mean it's anything she does very often. Unless she's often angry, and Celestia doesn't seem like she's often angry ;)

Spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I did actually kind of squee at her interactions with Twilight, because they were kind of similar to a fic idea I had ages ago. She was a bit more demure in my mind, but still very bookworm-ish and Twilight-like.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Exactly my words. I think they fit very well together.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't watch the episode, but I looked at all the spoilers!

YEEEEEAH! That's the way to experience my little pony! Knowing to what to expect! Avoiding awkward moments! I am truly a patron of television shows.

Ehehehe, sorry.

18. - Top - End - #1368

Spoiler
    Show
    Still, it would have been nice to have either her in the background or an explanation about her absence. She even had concept art, making it even stranger.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not every episode has to have every one of the mane six in it, there were plenty of episode in season 1 that didn't have everypony.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

Ep. 4 Spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    So I forgot to post this last time, but I had a moment of Fridge-sad for Fluttershy during my second watch-through. She responds really strongly to Twilight's knock...either she's terrified of the whole Nightmare Night premise, or she had a bad experience with pranksters. I actually think it might be the latter, since she's specifically trying to ward off Trick-or-Treaters it seems.

Also, I really wanted to see Luna clop her hooves together like Twilight does sometimes when she was learning about fun. It would have been adorable.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I enjoyed it. Glad to have a good one.

Though, I'm surprised it wasn't released next Saturday closer to Halloween.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ettin in the Playground

You ponies are moving too fast for me, anyway, episode thoughts below:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think I know why Rarity wasn't on screen: The Ham-To-Ham Combat (I will not link to TVtropes because I am not evil) with Luna would have destroyed Equestria. Luna appears to be a Goa'uld.
    Overall, I liked it. It seems a bit odd that only a few of the citizens of Ponyville seem to remember the party they threw in her honor in the pilot, but, well, as Twilight said "Everypony in this town is CRAZY!" or something like that, and it is a cartoon meant for little girls. I do wish that they said what Luna had been doing the past 1-2 years. I wonder if she will appear again in this season.

Anyway, off I go to Ponychan, to feed on the tears of the shattered fanon!
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but ep 7 synopsis *SPOILERS, RUMORS* .
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-10-22 at 12:32 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Titan in the Playground

Does anyone know if episode 4 is online anywhere? I can't seem to find it. >.<

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Does anyone know if episode 4 is online anywhere? I can't seem to find it. >.<
    Have some 1080p: Nightmare Night

Spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, I keep forgetting! Spike is new hipster pony! After all, he dresses up as a DRAGON. It's so ironic, I can hear all the other hipsters facehooving as we speak...

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Titan in the Playground

I will thank those scientists for dictating to me how I should enjoy my entertainment and that my sense of excitement at birthday and Christmas and not knowing what I will be getting is wrong and for clearly defining the preferences of everyone in the entire world on a purely subjective matter, especially one so cleverly extrapolated from such a tiny statistical sample of people and then tell them, that, as this theory is true, they will be delighted to learnt the precise details of their rapidly-impending horrible bloody demise, rather than have it come as a surprise.

Especially since they were apparently planning to go on to claim that it doesn't matter about telling the truth when you can make stuff up, because we should absolutely be encouraging anything that prefers gossip and hearsay and complete fabrication over reality, because that is never damaging, disrespectful or hurtful.

Wow. Those gentlemen are some piece of work.

And that, frankly, is as far as I dare go before I stop being board-appropriate about them.

Is it really that unreasonable to politely ask that we keep things in spoiler boxes until everyone has had a chance to see an episode, so that those of us who like to come into something as cold as possible so as to be pleasently surprise do not have our fun diminished? In a fandom that prides itself on "love and tolerance?" Are they that offensive to some of you? Did spoiler boxes bully you at school or run over your dear parents or something? It's not like that, even if we did eliminate them for new episodes and pre-releases (and lose a goodly number of the posters in the process) that this thread would not be just as full of spoilers for pictures and RP and asides and all the other things. It is really too much to ask, that for a couple of days, we use the spoiler boxes for their original, actual intended purpose?

Right, now as I believe a decent quality episode is now up on youtube, I shall go and avail myself of it.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-10-22 at 12:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Exactly my words. I think they fit very well together.
    Ep. 4 Spoilertastic Spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You do realize though that this will entail a flood of Twiluna shipping...

Oddly enough, I'm ok with that...

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground

Have some 1080p: Nightmare Night
    *squee* Thank you!
    Last edited by Nameless; 2011-10-22 at 12:30 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but ep 7 synopsis *SPOILERS* .
    Spoiler
    Show
    See? I was on to something when I wondered about Rainbow Dash having no pet.

28. - Top - End - #1378

Daemon

A Wild Plothole appeares!
    If Nightmare Moon is a common knowledge and there is even a statue of her, why, apart of TS, noone recognised her in episodes 1 an 2 of original series?

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    A Wild Plothole appeares!
    If Nightmare Moon is a common knowledge and there is even a statue of her, why, apart of TS, noone recognised her in episodes 1 an 2 of original series?
    Because she came back, and then everyone knew who she was? And then they made a statue?

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

Episode 4, Season 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luna is now my favorite. SHE IS THE PRINCESS IN-
    *thunder and lightning*
    I mean she is the Princess in the Night.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".