New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Note: I'm about ten pages behind on the thread, so sorry if I'm not responding to something important recently.

Season 2 episode 4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not too sure about this episode. It's nice to see them taking the Luna-out-of-date theme that pretty much everyone had and going with it, although I'm not sure how much I prefer her revealed personality. (Note that it isn't bad, and it fits her well. I'm just not sure how much I personally prefer her over others now.)

Probably the biggest problem I had was the "adults" (Applejack, Colgate, Mayor Mare) being scared and cowering just like the children. I could easily see Pinkie and the kids screaming and running, then laughing it off afterwards. However, when you have someone like the Mayor hiding under her hooves, it's kind of hard to take it as 'everyone in town was just enjoying being scared'. Even if everyone in town does typically overreact to everything...

Also, I noticed Scootaloo dressed up as a werewolf. Sweetie Belle was probably the vampire next to her. However, they were hanging out with the pegasus in the astronaut helmet - I didn't see Applebloom anywhere.
    Episode 4:

Spoiler
    Show
    Yellow pony in the back with the tall black and white hair.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    Episode 4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry people. I tried to enjoy this episode, I really did.
    But I just can't get over Luna's personality and the massive plot-holes.

I just feel this could have been handled way, way better. This just feels like an average episode of a below average show.

Some people are calling this one of their favourite episodes. Why? What exactly makes you feel it's so good?

Maybe it will feel better if I watch it a second time...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought Luna was funny. I thought most of the jokes were pretty funny, actually. And it was kind of adorable, you know. I liked it.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't believe that spoiling a work would lead me to enjoy it more. I think the greatest moment in reading any work is figuring out a twist the moment before it's revealed. Too early and it feels predictable, too late and it feels confusing.

Re: Twi + Luna
    Spoiler
    Show
    She respects CELESTIA and looks up to her as a mentor/parent figure. I don't remember any instance where she worried about royal protocol or "social order" etiquette. If anything she's LESS impressed by the appearance of the princess than the others. I didn't get the impression she'd met Luna between episode 2 and now but I can see why she would be more willing than the others to gently challenge her behavior
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoilerrrrrrific!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait... why are we spoilering this again? :P

Sure thing. Got any advice on writing Vinyl, I don't think I've ever read any Vinyl fics or thought much about her exact personality.

And thanks about the avatar ^^
    Spoilers?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm, I think the spoilers are a result of leftover momentum from discussion about new!Luna. I've just been keeping them to be safe, but we can drop them if you prefer.

As far as Vinyl's character goes, the image of her in my head has her being confident and maybe a little cocky. She's kind of like RD, but instead of flying, her real passion is music. I personally like to think of her as a bit of a prankster as well. She's also got a little bit of party pony in her, since she does work as a DJ; although it's more like the pony version of a clubber than Pinkie's zany party spirit.

Admittedly, there's still a lot of room in that for interpretations. Really the only takes I kind of dislike are the ones that have her constantly cursing or talking like a surfer dude, or doing a lot of illegal drugs - it might fit with the 'DJ' feel, but it seems kind of un-pony-like to me. Really, I keep coming back to RD as a touchstone - she's confident, assertive, maybe a little loud and in-your-face at times, but still able to be nice/civil when she needs to be, and even capable of being cute and a little girly now and then.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

S2E4
    Spoiler
    Show
    It occurs to me know that a pony/Earthworm Jim crossover would be even more hilariously awesome with Luna...

Actually, even better, I can just see Luna doing a Jim.

*pulls her space chariot out of thin air and throws a hoof over Mrs Cake's shoulder while gesturing grandly*

Come, Mrs Cake! We shall journey across the the peril-packed Everfree Forest, boldly facing the flesh-rending dangers which await us, to retrieve your precious eggbeater!

Mrs Cake: Aaaaaaargh!

With either Twilight - or maybe Spike - in the Peter Puppy role... (Either has the requisite sarcasm, though I think Spike would probably fit best.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-10-22 at 02:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought Luna was funny. I thought most of the jokes were pretty funny, actually. And it was kind of adorable, you know. I liked it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't argue with the jokes. They were pretty good. But I just found Luna to be awkward. I'm kinda hoping Luna won't be making many more appearances now.
    Also, this episode destroyed my favourite fanfic. And that's terrible.

EDIT! I think all this s2e4 talk has made us forget what really matters: The name of the next thread. In b4 Luna related suggestions.
    Last edited by MBI; 2011-10-22 at 02:34 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Spoilers?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm, I think the spoilers are a result of leftover momentum from discussion about new!Luna. I've just been keeping them to be safe, but we can drop them if you prefer.

As far as Vinyl's character goes, the image of her in my head has her being confident and maybe a little cocky. She's kind of like RD, but instead of flying, her real passion is music. I personally like to think of her as a bit of a prankster as well. She's also got a little bit of party pony in her, since she does work as a DJ; although it's more like the pony version of a clubber than Pinkie's zany party spirit.

Admittedly, there's still a lot of room in that for interpretations. Really the only takes I kind of dislike are the ones that have her constantly cursing or talking like a surfer dude, or doing a lot of illegal drugs - it might fit with the 'DJ' feel, but it seems kind of un-pony-like to me. Really, I keep coming back to RD as a touchstone - she's confident, assertive, maybe a little loud and in-your-face at times, but still able to be nice/civil when she needs to be, and even capable of being cute and a little girly now and then.
    *Drops the spoiler veil!* Let there be.... NIGHT... wait, hmm...? Yeah, no point in spoilers if there's nothing being spoiled.

I think I really like that characterization of Vinyl for this story. I think it'll work really well with what I have so far. Thanks. I may need more advice from the ponythread once I have a clearer image of where exactly I want to go with it.

9. - Top - End - #1419

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't argue with the jokes. They were pretty good. But I just found Luna to be awkward. I'm kinda hoping Luna won't be making many more appearances now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I enjoyed the episode and Luna, but I definately wouldn't say I loved it or that it was better than the previous three episodes. I would totally be open to seeing them do more with Luna in the future. I didn't have any preconceptions about what she "should" be like though
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Luna stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hasn't Luna being awkward been the basis for like 80% of fics that have Luna. You lose 1000 years of defining history and see how well adjusted you are. If pony history is similar to human history (probably not) even just a century would be devastating to miss.
    What fic did it "destroy"?
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2011-10-22 at 02:36 PM.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Troll in the Playground

Ep4: Old fanart of Luna will be done anew:

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    S2E4
    Spoiler
    Show
    It occurs to me know that a pony/Earthworm Jim crossover would be even more hilariously awesome with Luna...

Actually, even better, I can just see Luna doing a Jim.

*pulls her space chariot out of thin air and throws a hoof over Mrs Cake's shoulder while gesturing grandly*

Come, Mrs Cake! We shall journey across the the peril-packed Everfree Forest, boldly facing the flesh-rending dangers which await us, to retrieve your precious eggbeater!

Mrs Cake: Aaaaaaargh!

With either Twilight - or maybe Spike - in the Peter Puppy role... (Either has the requisite sarcasm, though I think Spike would probably fit best.)
    Oh, gods yes!
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

12. - Top - End - #1422

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry, man, but I have to completely disagree. I loved how they made Luna's character out to be. I thought it really worked, from the awkwardness, to the frustration she's so obviously feeling, to her sheer hammy personality at points. I thought it all worked.

Especially the sarcasm. I loved the sarcasm.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-10-22 at 02:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Season 2, Episode 4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome episode. I love how Spike got a dragon costume. Luna was lots of fun. Zecora was great, it was nice seeing her again too.

"Tis a lie! Thine backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Ahahaha! Huzzah!

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have to concur with Esper. In fact, a fair number of people have called out this Luna as being very reminiscent of the Luna in the popular story Progress (which was the fic that spawned the running gag of Abacus). I think this was just about the best way they could have gone about things - especially since they wouldn't have been able to go into the more tragic/emotional elements of her return, given the nature of the cartoon.

What was the fic in question?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-10-22 at 02:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Episode 4: my new catchphrase

Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'm going to put it in tf2 spray form if anyone is interested.
    Interested!

EP4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pip.
    Pip is the BEST British tiny pirate pony!

Is there an episode beyond that point? Because I just keep looping pip.
    Last edited by Shadowy; 2011-10-22 at 02:44 PM.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Orc in the Playground

Trixie, you sent me a PM but when I tried to reply it says your message boxes are full. I'm not posting it here because I'm not sure whether it should be public or private.

---

I haven't caught up with PonyThread yet. I just finished watching Episode 4.

Ep4:
    Spoiler
    Show

It totally rocked.

Edit: "Episode 4 totally ruined my fanfic" will still be a funny next-thread title, even if it's done tongue-in-cheek. I can see a lot of stories being re-written to use the things we learn about Luna in Ep4.
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't think any Luna fics used the "royal we" nevermind the "royal shouting" lol.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-22 at 02:48 PM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ettin in the Playground

episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't notice any mistakes in Luna's speech patterns. Kudos to the writers for doing the research and not butchering the use of thou and its resultant changes to verb endings.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, wherever I went on the internet, I always tried to be the pleasant guy. The "hey, that's pretty cool" guy.

And now I'm here and everyone's already like that.

I'm suffering a crises of identity, guys.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Titan in the Playground

Related to Episode four, though I'm not sure it's actually a spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does anybody know where I can find a speaking guide for ye old English? I want to run Luna in an RP with my friend.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thalraxal View Post
    Season 2, Episode 4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome episode. I love how Spike got a dragon costume. Luna was lots of fun. Zecora was great, it was nice seeing her again too.

"Tis a lie! Thine backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
    That is seriously one of my favorite quotes from the episode. The levels of unintentional hilarious are incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoilers? Better safe than sorry!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Man, as SOON as the spoiler window is over, I vote we have a talk-like-archaic-Luna day! It would be hamtastically fun!

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1431

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Edit: "Episode 4 totally ruined my fanfic" will still be a funny next-thread title, even if it's done tongue-in-cheek. I can see a lot of stories being re-written to use the things we learn about Luna in Ep4.
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't think any Luna fics used the "royal we" nevermind the "royal shouting" lol.
    I know I'm gonna rewrite mine!

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does anybody know where I can find a speaking guide for ye old English? I want to run Luna in an RP with my friend.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Ultima series, and any in-character writings for that, is all I can think of.

Thou'rt a foal if thou dost neglect to peruse that reference material, for it doth convey an appropriate measure of that style of speech.

Gosh darnit I still need to get caught up on PonyThread. I left off at, what, page 30 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    I know I'm gonna rewrite mine!
    Cools.

GAH! Confound these ponies! *closes browser before temptation overwhelms* (Edit: I want to catch up before reading the current stuff. I know I've missed some important things.)

Edit2: I totally lied (applejackliar.png) Episode link for anypony who needs it:

720p

The one I watched originally I think it's lower quality.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-22 at 03:08 PM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

23. - Top - End - #1433

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    actually im watching it now on youtube... 3 identical ghost ponies in that scene...so far thats about the only copypasta bg we have seen this season
    Spoilers be here
    Spoiler
    Show
    I noticed that, but aren't there always those ponies who don't have enough time for a good costume and go as ghosts?
    Last edited by Istari; 2011-10-22 at 03:21 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    You know, wherever I went on the internet, I always tried to be the pleasant guy. The "hey, that's pretty cool" guy.

And now I'm here and everyone's already like that.

I'm suffering a crises of identity, guys.
    Welcome to the world of GitP + Ponies! It is surprisingly disjoint from the usual Internet fare, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Language and such:
    Spoiler
    Show
    These links might help. The first is a wiki page, which goes into the verb tenses for thee, thou, thine, etc. The second is some Early Modern slang to spice things up.

Ye Olde Wiki-e

What's all this, then?
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-10-22 at 02:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Luna stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hasn't Luna being awkward been the basis for like 80% of fics that have Luna. You lose 1000 years of defining history and see how well adjusted you are. If pony history is similar to human history (probably not) even just a century would be devastating to miss.
    What fic did it "destroy"?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, But It's normally adorable awkwardness. And I don't really tend to read too much of one genre or fanfic anyway. This just felt awkward to watch to me. And besides, Why hasn't Celestia talked to Luna about things like this?
    And If you must know, The fanfic is The Worst Bakers in Equestria. "Destroy" was probably the wrong word for what it did. "Present Luna in a totally different way" is closer.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Firbolg in the Playground

Luna spray (hoping for a better resolution from youtube to make it better eventually)

Spoiler
    Show
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Titan in the Playground

That is seriously one of my favorite quotes from the episode. The levels of unintentional hilarious are incredible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Man, as SOON as the spoiler window is over, I vote we have a talk-like-archaic-Luna day! It would be hamtastically fun!
    E4 related
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree with thou! Let it be done!

(And mayhapse such wise sages as mando knight can correcteth us when we do falter in our proper grammer - lest we driveth him to the bin of loonies henceforth!)

Indeed, methinks our great comrades Raz-Fox and Thanqol, in high example, should haveth great affinity for speech so loquacious!

I'm pretty sure you just murdered the correct grammer, chief.

*sigh* With sureity, you didst just murder the correctness of thine grammer, O chief.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-10-22 at 02:59 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Why hasn't Celestia talked to Luna about things like this?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gits and/or shiggles?

Trollestia?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Yeah, I second this. It will be so appropriate!

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I second this too. It will be amazing, though I hope no one will have too much trouble reading a thread of non-stop thees and thous..
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gits and/or shiggles?

Trollestia?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestia's dark secret: she's worried about ruining the years of expensive magic therapy to restore her hearing if she had to have a discussion in THE VOICE
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC