New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Serious Plots 3 - Too srs for my shirt

Wedding

Darcy emerges from the tower to find her way to her date best friend Ilpholin. They must have gone dress shopping off screen the day they were at the mall, because I'm pretty sure Darcy didn't own anything appropriate for a wedding.

"You look great, Ilphy."

My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Sif Erath Grove]

And Azalea will just continue walking as the pixies eventually disappear out of sight, severely disappointed they couldn't come.

You will be led deeper into the grove where the underbrush is up to Harnel's knees (and probably up to Sakura's midriff).

The grove seem even more vibrant and alive here, they can't take a step without having to avoid stepping on a bug or some other living creature crawling around on the ground.

Everywhere you can hear the sound of life.

There is a... distraction however.

"No, no, no! Stupid pig men coming here..." A voice comes from the distance as the party can see a small gnoll walking towards you.
    While he's naked technically naked, he's also dressed in the skeletons of various animals, wearing the head of a large wolf for a helmet, the ribcage of some humanoid animal as an armor and the heads of what looks like badgers as shoulder pads.

"You go away now! Nature spirit do not want to see you!"

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sif Erath Grove]

Sakura frowns at the gnoll. How rude. =I "Well we need to see-" She looks at Azalea. "Is the spirit a guy or a girl or what?" She feels like she should know this. Might be a good idea to have some idea of who you're going to be trying to talk to.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Wedding

"Oh. Thank you. I love your dress. You look really nice in it."

Wow. For a second you'd almost think Ilpholin was normal.
    And then you'd remember that she had to bite her tongue to keep from saying 'and out of it too' and then you'd smack her upside the back of the head.

But she means it. And not just cause blue is my favorite colour. >>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

Wedding Plot

1. It feels really weird having bride Sakura and naked Sakura plot cloned in the same thread.

2. I don't think there's anything abnormal about being sexually attracted to someone who is attractive. Especially an attractive shapeshifter *wink wink nudge nudge say no more*

3. Player is failing to come up with appropriate small talk. Insert small talk here.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    1. It feels really weird having bride Sakura and naked Sakura plot cloned in the same thread.
    [Sif Erath Grove]

Happy has a very good point, so the grove plot is being transplanted here, and the wedding can proceed as planned.

7. - Top - End - #397

Wedding - Outside

After all I think ir's like Reinhold said. Mia was by the wedding, but from the information she got it's like Kathrin was the guilty one. On another note the cake thing (even thought this is a missunderstanding as well) made Mia belive the story as it is. Kathrine never asked Mia why she is so upset.

"Hello." she sais to Darcy.

"I'm not sure about the flowers." And it may be obviously that she feels uncomfortable.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Wedding - Outside

"I think Sakura can make the flowers grow. She's a dryad. Or maybe Sarget did it. I'm not exactly sure."
    Darcy says.

Suddenly, edited tektek!

((Okay, I'm not exactly sure if Sarget is here yet, but when he is, the picture will be relevant. ))

((And I suddenly remembered a dream I had about where dryads come from. *will totally have to make a plot about this now*))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Wedding - Outside
    "I hear they make a cream for that." she joked.
    "I'm sure the wedding will go off without a hitch. At least I saw that it would eventually happen so I got my present done early."
    She took out a parcel from her backpack and showed it to him.
    [Wedding - Outside]

Harnel, apparently, isn't in the mood to appreciate jokes, "Yeah, I know it'll be fine. I don't know what's wrong, but I doubt it's anything big."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Pixie in the Playground

[Just Outside the Beer Bin]

The bouncer glowers at Thomas coldly. Not only did the traits of the infamous Magtok not register in his pea-sized mind; he has taken offense to the way Thomas spoke to him! Thomas came across as a real jerk. A psychopathic jerk, no less.

The bouncer reaches into a ginormous pocket of his worn, baggy jeans, producing a 9mm pistol which he taps the side of once to send Tom a little message.

"If you had a meeting with my girl, you wouldn't be out here in the first place. If you had a date with my girl, you'd be bathing in that dumpster over yonder."

The bouncer growls, expressing his irritation with Tom and his antics.

"We don't need no trouble with the law, mister. You look like one of them folk who would cause 'em to pester us to no end."

The brute's girlfriend is also the owner of the alcohol-vending establishment. Too bad. If not for that one troublesome reality, Tom's strategy would have worked perfectly! Luckily, the bouncer clearly isn't a pugnacious, risk-taking undead being. That much is good news.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Wedding - Outside]

Harnel, apparently, isn't in the mood to appreciate jokes, "Yeah, I know it'll be fine. I don't know what's wrong, but I doubt it's anything big."
    Wedding - Outside
    Katherine nods.
    "If anything big does happen we have some of the most talented members of WATCH here."
    Like someone forgets the cake.
    They could send someone lickity split to go get it.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Wedding - Outside

"The flowers they set up here are beautiful, aren't they?"
    Small talk topic!
    Oh drats. It just got used.

"I didn't know fey got married. It seems contrary to their mercurial nature."
    Insert something about pot and kettle.

Ilpholin totally wants to get married too. If for nothing else, but the dresses and the dancing and party and...
    Hmm... she briefly wonders if she could set it up so she could marry a different sap every couple of months just to have all the parties.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-11-20 at 12:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #403

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

The bouncer glowers at Thomas coldly. Not only did the traits of the infamous Magtok not register in his pea-sized mind; he has taken offense to the way Thomas spoke to him! Thomas came across as a real jerk. A psychopathic jerk, no less.

The bouncer reaches into a ginormous pocket of his worn, baggy jeans, producing a 9mm pistol which he taps the side of once to send Tom a little message.

"If you had a meeting with my girl, you wouldn't be out here in the first place. If you had a date with my girl, you'd be bathing in that dumpster over yonder."

The bouncer growls, expressing his irritation with Tom and his antics.

"We don't need no trouble with the law, mister. You look like one of them folk who would cause 'em to pester us to no end."

The brute's girlfriend is also the owner of the alcohol-vending establishment. Too bad. If not for that one troublesome reality, Tom's strategy would have worked perfectly! Luckily, the bouncer clearly isn't a pugnacious, risk-taking undead being. That much is good news.
    Thomas mentally facepalms. Ugh, the one time it looks like the Magtok approach is the way to go, everything goes stupidly wrong. Blaaagh.

"Right, sorry. I...I've no idea what came over me, sir. In all seriousness though, I do need to meet with someone in there. Please. This isn't even real blood, I just-"

He takes the crowbar off his shoulder, and offers it to the big smelly zombie as a sort of bloody olive branch. At least, that's what he's hoping it looks like. In reality, he's just waiting for the ghoul to lower the gun and give him an opening. Diplomacy be damned, he's in a fudging hurry here.

"Have you seen two guys jump out of a van with a really large bag recently? Human, ugly, as immoral and brutish and stupid as I looked a moment ago?"

It strikes him as possible that the ghoul might be in on the whole scheme. No matter, though. The ghoul probably doesn't have reflexes anywhere near as fast as he used to, and Tom has a crowbar in his arms, just waiting to bludgeon someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

14. - Top - End - #404
    Halfling in the Playground

Wedding - Sakura's Room

"Well, as long as we're here when she's born, all is forgiven." Adir's mother looks to be in good humour - a lot like Adir, unsurprisingly. She has the same thin, broad smile, too.

Cessie finally gets some attention. "Oh, yes. I won't keep her long, wouldn't want to miss the wedding..."

Wedding - Outside

The rest of Adir's immediate family arrives a little bit after his mother. Some of them had to find clothes. Most of them come galumphing in with looks of fascination. There's about a dozen in all - three brothers and two sisters, several cousins, a grandfather, an uncle, most sporting one feature or another from a white-tailed deer.

Adir's towering father walks at the head of the merry band, dressed all in fine, oiled leather. His antlers - quite a large pair, too - are decorated with small charms or dangling symbols. His eyes peer out from behind a leather helmet that conceals most of his face. The armor does not cover his arms, and the forest god crosses those meaty limbs while he looks around. In his presence, the grass and trees take on a greener hue, the flowers seem to grow yet more colorful. He seems to be looking for someone. Sarget, maybe.

His relatives and children slowly spread out. Some seem more versed with other worlds - they give passing greetings in Common, with little accent - while others are simply left with alien stares and heavily accented speech. A pair of Adir's sisters, tan hooved women dotted with pale spots, head for the rows of flowers. The younger siblings, one barely a teenager, promptly go looking for food.

The uncle, his features as long as his body is tall, hair a salt-and-pepper mess, slips toward Darcy and Ilpholin. He smiles, voice dry and soft. "I know what you mean. I can't see why Adir's confining himself to one woman with all the pretty ladies around here."

The grandfather deer, who looks rather gruff, watches Adir's uncle flatly. He's rather unamused, even if the compliment has no real intent behind it.

((Sorry for the late post))
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-11-20 at 07:11 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #405

Wedding - Sakura's Room

"It's okay." Cessie replies with a smile. "I'm going to look for my own husband now anyway, nice to meet you Vorla." She finishes with a short bow before she leaves the room to go searching for Harnel.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wedding - Sakura's Room]

"I don't think the wedding can start without me." Sakura giggles. "See ya later, Cessie."

The dryad returns her attention to her soon to be mother in law. "It's not too too long now. Just over two months I think. Did Adir tell you what we're naming her? We decided on Laela."

[Wedding - Outside]

Adir's father might find the treant he's looking for approaching him. Not that Sarget is hard to miss. "It's good to see you again."

Now Sarget definitely knows his name.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Pixie in the Playground

The undead bouncer smirks when Tom describes the fellows he is pursuing. He knows them. He knows them all too well, in fact. He has tossed them out of the bar more than enough times to take pleasure in the fact that a maniac has come after them with the intention of beating them with a crowbar.

"Yeah. I know 'em. As long as you crack that crowbar over their heads thrice on my behalf, you can go inside. In fact, once you've finished up your work, I'll send you a drink. On the house, of course."

The bouncer pockets his 9mm and steps aside, granting Tom entry to the establishment, which is a smoke-filled, dark bar lit by dim bulbs, not all that different from that bloke guarding the door!

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Wedding

Darcy gives a nervous smile towards the uncle and keeps Ilpholin in front of her like a human nymph drow shield. No hitting on the skittish PTSD victim!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Wedding - Outside

Ilpholin steps to position herself properly for Darcy.

"Yeah well, I don't think common sense has much to do with it. Or maybe they'll be one of those... strange open couples?" Like Butler and Decker.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #410

Wedding

Dominic heads over to Adir's sisters - more gliding that walking, his every movement imbued with a deadly grace - to greet them.

Hello. He says, his voice rumbling out, threatening the sisters in horrible, horrible ways. My name's Dominic.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411

In a Cave Outside of the City

For months now something has been going on in this cave just a short distance away from Inside. One man... one Thing has been tirelessly working to hollow it out and construct something in the depths of the earth below. Men come to investigate the noises and smoke have come back aged beyond recognition or not at all. Mages scanning the area have deemed it a temporal anomaly, too dangerous for further study.

But now all is still. Whatever warped energies plagued this place have calmed, leaving it ripe for the greedy and cunning to pillage.

Should any such keen and brave souls head into the dark and humid depths beyond the cave mouth they will come acrossed a most unusual sight...

The tunnel heads downward, slowly spiralling in a long loop before ending at a massive cavern, with a ceiling so high you could almost mistake it for a starless night's sky.

In the darkness ahead there is a faint outline, one that gleams pale yellow under lamplight in a way that sends beams of light over every surface.

Once so revealed the shape turns out to be nothing less than a massive bronze tower, standing stark and silent in the eerie shadows of the cavern.

Stylized clock faces are engraved into the sides of the tower, engraved hands moving over the numbers at different rates by some unearthly magic.

The doors are open, inviting. It is waiting for you.

Dare you enter?

Dare you not?
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-11-21 at 11:37 AM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

22. - Top - End - #412

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

The undead bouncer smirks when Tom describes the fellows he is pursuing. He knows them. He knows them all too well, in fact. He has tossed them out of the bar more than enough times to take pleasure in the fact that a maniac has come after them with the intention of beating them with a crowbar.

"Yeah. I know 'em. As long as you crack that crowbar over their heads thrice on my behalf, you can go inside. In fact, once you've finished up your work, I'll send you a drink. On the house, of course."

The bouncer pockets his 9mm and steps aside, granting Tom entry to the establishment, which is a smoke-filled, dark bar lit by dim bulbs, not all that different from that bloke guarding the door!
    Outside ==> Beer Bin

"Bless you, sir. Or y'know, being all undead and such, damn you. Whichever I'm supposed to say, I dunno."

Phew! That went a lot better than Tom expected. Of course, he was expecting that he'd have to flat-out murder this zombie in self-defense or something, so really, almost anything would've been better than what he expected. He keeps the crowbar at hand, almost certain it's going to attract way too much attention, but terrified of going ahead without it. Dammit, why did he leave that gun at home, anyway?!

He doesn't expect to find the duo just yet. No, that'd be too simple, too easy. Everything is always much more stupidly complicated than that, because as a MagClone, even a rogue MagClone, fate is obligated to give him a big ol' middle finger. Even so, part of him remains optimistic. The ugly kidnappers didn't appear to be carrying any concealed firearms, so hopefully he'd have the upper hand this time around. The last thing he needs is another head injury.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Cave Outside of the City

Reinholdt hurries. What is it about treasure hunts that they always have to be advertised to a large population? Makes it hard to get there first and take everything for yourself.

Reaching the bottom, he takes a moment to pause and take in the giant tower. "Whoa."
    He lingers for but a second though, before heading inside.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #414

Cave Outside the City

The inside of the tower is just as magnificent, high ceilings and golden inlays so oppulent that it makes one wonder why anyone would build such a place underground?

The wall opposite Reinholdt is dominated by a massive staircase, at the top of which sits a completely blank wall. Between the door and the stairs in the middle of a narrow path there is a short pedastle with what looks like a covered glass bowl set atop.

To either side of the raised path the floor is sunken in up to the height of an average man. For every available foot there is a large brass statue constructed of interlocking plates and hinges, with hints of gear systems visible in the gaps of the nearest ones.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

25. - Top - End - #415

Cave Outside the City

To the entrace flies a small green thing called Mr. C. He is neither keen or brave.

"Artifact hunter I am."

And he enters the building flying a bit over the floor.

Wedding - Outside

Mia directs her follower MDm to one of the last chairs in row, so she sits near the entrace and MDM doesn't block anyones view. She still feels a bit uncomfortable, but she can't really point with the finger at it.

Wedding - A bit away

On a tree a bit away from the wedding lays a man, Zefir. He isn't here to cause trouble, because someone called him. After all he doesn't try to hide himself so he could be spotted by anyone and he is taking a nap for now.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wedding - A bit away]

Directs Zefir here. >.>

Never mind. Misunderstanding. <.<
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-11-21 at 11:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Time Tower

Reinholdt kitty floats up to investigate the bowl and pedestal when he senses someone behind him and turns around.

"Oh! It's you." Reinholdt helped the lizard find Curator way back when.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #418

Time Tower

What little Reinholdt could see of the bowl before he turns to confront Mr C. seems to be even more confusing than the rest of this place. It is a translucent glass hemisphere, completely sealed over by a flat pane of glass fused on to the rim. It looks impossible to open without breaking the thing entirely.

In the bowl itself sits a handful of silver pocket-watches half buried in sand. The mechanism on each is stopped.

As Reinholdt turns away something happens on the ceiling. Another engraved clock-face high above and cloaked in shadows ticks forward. From the center of the glass bowl-covering a tiny fleck of glass works its way out and falls to the pile of sand below.

All of this takes a second, and then everything goes back to normal.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Cave Outside the City]

What appears to be a young man is approaching the cave, looking warily at his surroundings. He's an average looking person; not skinny nor muscular, and of average weight. Mousy brown hair with a completely forgettable face. He's decked out in leather armor with a belt full of pouches around his waist and a knife on a strap on his leg.

He seems apprehensive for a moment, but decides the risk will probably be worth it, and walks into the cave.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

30. - Top - End - #420

Time Tower

Assuming the brave young lad ventures down to the very bottom of the cave, he'll see most of this:

Spoiler
    Show
    In a Cave Outside of the City

For months now something has been going on in this cave just a short distance away from Inside. One man... one Thing has been tirelessly working to hollow it out and construct something in the depths of the earth below. Men come to investigate the noises and smoke have come back aged beyond recognition or not at all. Mages scanning the area have deemed it a temporal anomaly, too dangerous for further study.

But now all is still. Whatever warped energies plagued this place have calmed, leaving it ripe for the greedy and cunning to pillage.

Should any such keen and brave souls head into the dark and humid depths beyond the cave mouth they will come acrossed a most unusual sight...

The tunnel heads downward, slowly spiralling in a long loop before ending at a massive cavern, with a ceiling so high you could almost mistake it for a starless night's sky.

In the darkness ahead there is a faint outline, one that gleams pale yellow under lamplight in a way that sends beams of light over every surface.

Once so revealed the shape turns out to be nothing less than a massive bronze tower, standing stark and silent in the eerie shadows of the cavern.

Stylized clock faces are engraved into the sides of the tower, engraved hands moving over the numbers at different rates by some unearthly magic.

The doors are open, inviting. It is waiting for you.

Dare you enter?

Dare you not?

Cave Outside the City

The inside of the tower is just as magnificent, high ceilings and golden inlays so oppulent that it makes one wonder why anyone would build such a place underground?

The wall opposite the young man is dominated by a massive staircase, at the top of which sits a completely blank wall. Between the door and the stairs in the middle of a narrow path there is a short pedastle with what looks like a covered glass bowl set atop.

To either side of the raised path the floor is sunken in up to the height of an average man. For every available foot there is a large brass statue constructed of interlocking plates and hinges, with hints of gear systems visible in the gaps of the nearest ones.

As well as something new. The second he steps through the open doors there is a flash from the ceiling as the inlayed clock moves another second forward. From the bowl on the pedastle another chip falls into the pile of sand.

Then all is calm again, and it is up to our intrepid thieves to decide on what happens next.