New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den VIII

Viera takes a moment to consider that question.
    Or maybe she's considering if she can dart away, with the loosened shoulder grasp.

That quick glance off to the side isn't very reassuring against the latter.

But she picks up a smile, away from where she was earlier, and proceeds to beam in a rather pleased fashion.
    The girl seems as if she has found some golden treasure, utterly assured that her answer is the most perfect answer to any question ever.
    "Yep! You see them right now!"

Technically.
    She is correct.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ghoul took that as a 'no.' Ah well, she'd needed an excuse to find some civvy wear and oh hell that was a headache coming on. The overflow of incoming information hadn't ever stopped being a thing. Closing the eye that the throbbing was growing behind, Ghoul shied away from the light as best she could while letting go of Veira.

"Well I'm technically still seeing them from the first time" the muse said. "Eh. Keep 'em." she finally conceded, leaving Veira with her prize.

Her liquor had arrived prior but it was only now she could turn her attention to it. While the headache wouldn't go away from this, she would at least be able to look at someone without her eyes drifting to their arteries. The desire for fresh sustenance was certainly persistent but at least it could be quieted with something from the tap.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"Glee!"

Viera very clearly takes this concession as a sign of victory for her.
    Which results in some bouncing and more giggling.

Then she ties the pants around her neck and PCHOOOOs away!
    Complete with throwing one hand forward.

This doesn't last all that long however, as she silences and proceeds to vanish from existence, piece by piece.
    Patches of her body fade out, reverse to the process of ink soaking through paper.

She has spied another target.
    A drorf.
    Absentee Spirit

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Matron Baen're walks haughtily to the door south her bodyguards. Silveri'tre looks back, almost sad to leave. The other stomps away behind Matron.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    The priestess smiles a cruel smile and draws a dagger off of her belt. This was no ordinary weapon, but a finely crafted blade of adamantine. The hilt and handle were made to resemble the body of a spider, its jagged legs supporting the blade. A sacrificial dagger.

She approches Javert slowly, savoring the moment. The two males holding him tighten their grip, lest he try to escape or attack. She'll run the tip of the blade lightly down his his chest, drawing a thin line of blood. Akorala leans forward, pressing her body close to Javert's, and planting a kiss on his lips...

... before driving the dagger deep into his stomach.

((All actions are, of course, attempted. Also, she lied about not trying kill Javert. Well, she never really agreed to it, in the first place...))
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Izzy pushes himself off the wall and walks parallel tot he confrontation. Staying off to the side still. He just wants a better view. This promises to be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Javert slips to the floor and crumbles to ash, reforming in his phylactery distantly. Matron Baen're leans against the counter, dangerously calm. A Matron Mother very angry and deadly. [I][B][SIZE="2"]Listen. Now. Dont interrupt. Im going to say this once.You weren't supposed to kill. Thats is nothing. Hes a shade-lich. He'll reform. Tell Sornulu Xar'cha that his soldiers attacked a Matron Mother, the most powerful one too. Tell him If hes wants to negotiate. He'd better get in the game.House Baen're will not meet here., again. She tries to leave followed by the two guards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    The trio make no move to stop her. The males were dusting off their hands. The priestess watches her leave, commenting. "How powerful can a Matron be when she allows an acolyte priestess to get that close to her husband? Whatever games they're playing, House Xar'Cha has won this round."

((The other players may want to chime in. I wouldn't have her leave just yet.))

"Ignoring the person you're looking for? That's a new one. If you wished to talk to me, then talk."
    'Sorn' says with a scowl before glaring at the Xar'Cha trio that made it all worse. "Get out of here before I decide to flay you alive." 'Sorn' orders.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Cragg excuses himself and runs outside quickly, coughing up the large quantity of alcohol he consumed. The last bit he coughs up actually catches the small wick on his upper lip and is lit ablaze. So the last bit of flaming liquor catches the rather large puddle of liquor on fire. Anyone walking out the door is going to come face to face with a small lake of fire.

After walking back inside he's going to snuff his wick out and pull his gas mask back over his mouth. Meyet naht vahnt to goh owtsayd he says plainly to Junior.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

Ast Kara'sin stands near the doors an envelope fall at Sornulus feet. Read it, and get this fire out of my way.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-01-18 at 01:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

The trio of Xar'Cha drow don't risk making their own nobility angry, and quickly beat a retreat out the bar's back door.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

Izzy approaches 'Sorn', but only if Kara'sin leaves, or is allowed to leave, after dropping the envelope. He says nothing for now, just standing in sight and smiling slightly, like this is all some grand joke.

10. - Top - End - #1450

Junior nods, respecting a man who can belch fire like that.

"Ye're a'right there crumbles. Jes dun take too long collectin' on tha favor. I'm liable ta ferget if yeh do." Not the first time its happened.

Junior doesn't really notice Viera, too busy watching the scene at the bar, and tending to his extensive burn wounds, to care about the young bunny eared sprog that has been making the rounds.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara'sin casts water on the fire to make it go out.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

'Sorn' picks up the envelope and ignores the others as 'he' opens it up carefully and reads it.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara'sin leaves and teleports away. The note reads:
    REVOLUTION

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Winguardia slowly finishes shaking out her wings in the rather less crowded bit of the bar, then heads back over toward her friends' table, picking her way between tables and chairs as she does so. She still seems very edgy.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

15. - Top - End - #1455

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    Winguardia slowly finishes shaking out her wings in the rather less crowded bit of the bar, then heads back over toward her friends' table, picking her way between tables and chairs as she does so. She still seems very edgy.
    Once she sits down, she may find herself the target of a hug attack!

Oh no!

Wait...oh, it's just Alysha. Silly vampire!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Winguardia takes a seat, in that careful way she must because her wings are so long and broad that they require a backless chair and a bit of bending to keep from hitting the floor.

Just as she settles in.... "oooof!"... she tips right over backward off the chair with Alysha hugging her. By the ways she's smiling and the glint in her eye she saw the attack coming and decided to stay off balance instead of bracing for it, but she's doing a pretty good job of hiding those facts as she tries to pry Alysha off of her. "You're mussing up my feathers!" she protests, but there is a complete lack of anger in her tone.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

17. - Top - End - #1457

Sevet, the robed skeleton (plotcloned for the sake of starting this while still being able to peddle kittens in trog's) enters. He takes scans around the room with his eye sockets, looking for the winged woman from the photographs.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

18. - Top - End - #1458

Peddling kittens? Huh. Wonder how that looks on a resume...

Alysha is grinning as she dislodges from Siri. Sorry. I just had a strong urge to hug somebody, and you were there. She giggles a little.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

The skeleton's initial scan of the room comes up negative. Just an instant before he arrived his black-winged quarry was tackled to the floor by a hyper vampire.

Winguardia chuckles a little. "No need to apologize. You knocked the uptightness right out of me, I needed that." she slowly stands up once Alysha releases her.

... and stands right into view. She is short, just like in the pictures, and the curve of her enormous wings is so distinctive Sevet would be able to recognize her from a distance of a hundred meters, much less the mere span of a single room.

20. - Top - End - #1460

Once they are standing again, Alysha looks to Winguardia's wings.

So, what's it like having wings? How far can you fly? How fast? Were you born with wings? How many people in your home place have wings? Do they all have feathered wings?

Wow. She doesn't slow down for anything, does she?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #1461

There she is! This detective crap is easy. Now all he has to do is call the boss and keep her from leaving. He heads to the back and puts a copper piece into the payphone, calling the number on his card.

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

“Easy, hon, just because you’re firing on all cylindars all the time doesn’t mean the rest of the world can always keep up!” Winguardia takes a moment to sit back down.

“OK, for the first question, it is interesting having wings. I don’t have to worry about falling off of cliffs or tall buildings because I can fly to safety. It also affects the way I think. Most people think in terms of moving left, right, forward and back. Up and down only comes into play when they’re presented with a hill or a staircase. I can change altitude, and I consider that. That is one reason I feel so trapped indoors, the ceiling puts limits on me.

Now… let’s see… your second question was how fast can I fly? I never clocked myself… faster than any person can run but not fast enough to keep up with a car on the straight-a-way.

Yes, I was born with wings, but I had to keep them completely hidden when I was a child. It’s a long story, maybe someday I will tell you. In my world, very, very few of us have wings. Some mistakenly believe us to be angels and demons… you can guess which one I was labeled because of my black wings and hair.” She shakes her head a little at that.

Meanwhile… in the back….

The phone rings once… twice.. thre…Sevet’s call is answered with a terse, “Yes?”

23. - Top - End - #1463

(Gonna delete that mallside post)

"Heya boss. That thing you wanted me to find is at the Black Dragons Den. It's with something else." Hopefully that's clear enough euphemism for "she isn't alone".

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #1464

Alysha listens with her eyes wide, taking in all of the info.

Winguardia should feel proud. It's usually hard to keep Alysha quiet for this long.

That sounds so awesome! I wish I had wings.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Not paying attention to her?
    Excellent.
    That's exactly what Viera likes to see.

Del isn't even paying attention, rubbing the base of one of his horns and staring up at the ceiling.

Perfect opportunity for that single visible half of a hip to sneak closer and try to make off with Junior's breeches.
    Somehow.
    She has the courtesy to fully-reappear when she does though.

Which is enough to have Del's head snap back down with a very...upset look.
    Absentee Spirit

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Sevet's statement that he already found her is met with a "mmm" by the tone his boss is pleased, and that is also likely all the praise he will get for his good work.

For this fellow, Sevet has given a quite sufficient clue. “If you’re in a place where they can’t hear you, describe who she is with. If not, just tell me yes or no, does this person have wings like we do? Are they black-feathered?” By his tone he has jumped to a few conclusions about who she might be with and none of them are good.

Winguardia smiles. “In this town, they should prove to be a good deal of fun.” She admits. The way she says ‘in this town’ it is clear they cause a great deal of grief elsewhere.

27. - Top - End - #1467

Alysha nods in agreement.

Then her eyes light up and her smile somehow grows as an idea comes to her.

Are your wings strong enough to carry people?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #1468

Somehow... doesn't sit well with Junior. He's a phycisist damnit, and he must know how things work! That's why, for the second time tonight, Viera might find herself getting grabbed by an irate pantsless person.

Only this time, the person she's pantsed isn't going for a light shoulder grab. Instead? He turns out of his chair quickly to try to get behind her, and attempts to apply a "loose" choke hold to the starspawn girl.

Thank the twelve dwarven lords Junior wears all that chainmail. Seeing a drorf in his underwear would be enough to make a man cry, trust me.

"An' what're yeh doin' with me pants now lassee?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

29. - Top - End - #1469

It's more praise then he gets most of the time. "No and no, boss." he says putting any of those fears to rest. "Female, human, brown hair."

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Human? We will have to convince her not to be nearby when I confront Harbinger." From the way he says that, he does not want the human hurt and he wants her completely unaware of anything going on in the realm of these odd winged beings.

"Sadly, no, I cannot give my friends rides... or... actually..." she starts to think carefully...

((Got to go :-( I can't post much if at all tomorrow or Friday, see you all Saturday!))