New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside III

Erin's Emporium- Basement

The tommy gun, AK-47, two revolvers, shotgun, flail, longsword, naginata, and shuriken.

The skeleton discards the naginata and picks up the shotgun that the ghoul had thrown aside. It aims and fires. Surprisingly, the skeleton hit its target; unfortunately, the recoil took the bone man's arms off.

The zombie doesn't help matters with the skeleton; it stumbles blind to the table and picks up a revolver. It shoots, but can't see and accidently shoots the skeleton's skull.

The ghoul continues to eat her severed arm, ignoring the weaponry.

Serafina is glad that she didn't take a flamethrower for them to try. Ghouls tend towards being moist, but zombies tend towards the flammable.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

Promenade

The little girl peers at Magtok and Missy, head swivelling back and forth between the two suspiciously.

"Nowhere really. I came from the feverish nightmares of a collection of single men, in a constant state of not being ready for parenthood. Y'know, like all little girls." Her pigtails fly rapidly around her face as she nods in agreement with her own statement.

More peering happens.

"When people tell you they're doing nothing, that means they're really doing something super secret awesome!" The little girl claps her hands to her face, "Audible gasp! Are you two on a.... Date?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #363

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Aurora Fountain]

Angie lets fly with the water, her grin as wide as ever. "We got it!" She exclaims once the trash can is soaked and colourful. She sprays it some more for good measure.
    "We sure did. Let's go back to base." Emmi kicks off but at a much slower pace so she can skate backwards and speak with Angie. She apparently wants to talk. "Do you like making things pretty, Angie? Like art and stuff?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium - Sale's Floor]

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    "Oh... that's too bad." The drow frowns a bit. "I just wanted to make certain I didn't double order anything. You know how lines of communication can get crossed." Bluff, bluff, bluff the shopkeep.
    Crissy smiles and shakes her head!
    "Sorry, but, um, in that case you'll need to talk to the people ordering," she says. She might be airheaded, but she has a good mind for business.

Erin's Emporium- Basement

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The tommy gun, AK-47, two revolvers, shotgun, flail, longsword, naginata, and shuriken.

The skeleton discards the naginata and picks up the shotgun that the ghoul had thrown aside. It aims and fires. Surprisingly, the skeleton hit its target; unfortunately, the recoil took the bone man's arms off.

The zombie doesn't help matters with the skeleton; it stumbles blind to the table and picks up a revolver. It shoots, but can't see and accidently shoots the skeleton's skull.

The ghoul continues to eat her severed arm, ignoring the weaponry.

Serafina is glad that she didn't take a flamethrower for them to try. Ghouls tend towards being moist, but zombies tend towards the flammable.
    ...is it possible that the DRDs are now placing bets on the outcome of each trial?
    Because it certainly looks as if small tokens are changing hands (claws?) between the little robots after each epic fail attempt at weapons useage...
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-01-23 at 09:16 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Promenade

The little girl peers at Magtok and Missy, head swivelling back and forth between the two suspiciously.

"Nowhere really. I came from the feverish nightmares of a collection of single men, in a constant state of not being ready for parenthood. Y'know, like all little girls." Her pigtails fly rapidly around her face as she nods in agreement with her own statement.

More peering happens.

"When people tell you they're doing nothing, that means they're really doing something super secret awesome!" The little girl claps her hands to her face, "Audible gasp! Are you two on a.... Date?"
    Rather than answer the question, Missy looks around, scanning the crowd for a parental figure who appears to be missing a child, while her neural net makes a phone call.

Security Centre

*ring ring* Someone's calling the Mallcopz!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril pouts a bit. "Ah, but I'll be punished if I get things wrong, and I can't go back empty handed either." It was quite a conundrum. "Are you certain you can't help a poor, old drow out? You have no idea the kind of favor this would be for me."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "We sure did. Let's go back to base." Emmi kicks off but at a much slower pace so she can skate backwards and speak with Angie. She apparently wants to talk. "Do you like making things pretty, Angie? Like art and stuff?"
    [Aurora Fountain]

Angie nods. "Yeah. Mammy says I'm really good at drawing." She says proudly. If her mom thought it was good, it must be good. "I have a drawing book at home in my room."

[Security Centre]

After a couple rings one of the orks answers!. "Mall Kopz. Wotcha need? Sumwun need stompin'?" He almost sounds eager.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-01-23 at 10:40 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Security Centre

A voice sounding like Missy's is on the other end of the line, but the intonation of the words gives it away as being digitally produced. "This is Staff Sgt Halifax of Remnant. There's a lost child in the promenade - a little girl. She's talking to strangers and won't tell us where her parents are." A description of the child is also given.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

Raril pouts a bit. "Ah, but I'll be punished if I get things wrong, and I can't go back empty handed either." It was quite a conundrum. "Are you certain you can't help a poor, old drow out? You have no idea the kind of favor this would be for me."
    Crissy frowns, biting her lip, then looks around before shrugging.
    "Well, all I know is that they bought all kinds of melee weapons," the salesgirl admits, looking quite nervous.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril smiles. "Melee weapons. Good. And I'm looking for explosives. See how that works out? No problems. Now what were you explaining before? You ran past quite a few words I didn't quite understand. Were those the different sorts of explosives?" Now that the drow had gotten his way, he was quick to change the subject back to his original reason for being here. If he could track down, or eliminate, the source, he'd be one step closer to discovering who tried to murder his wife.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

11. - Top - End - #371

Aurora Fountain

"I bet you're momma's absolutely right. You're probably the best artist in your whole family." Emmi times sitting back down on the edge of the fountain perfectly, without even having to turn around. "I love drawing, and painting, and especially... what we've been doing." She's hesitant to admit she's a tagger, or that the pair had essentially been tagging all those objects, so close to the mother rabbit. "What else do you like to do for fun, Angie?"

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #372

Promenade

Magtok raises an eyebrow at the child, before deciding to be weird right back at her. I'm not sure if he's actually serious here, or just trying to distract her long enough for the Mall Kopz to show up. Either way, he puts on a decent show of looking genuinely mystified by the kid.

"Are you, like...are you for real? You're not, I dunno, an adult shapeshifter up to pranks, are you? Or a vampire permanently trapped in the body of a child, or a hologram, or a robot, or a sinister alien invader wearing the face of a human child as part of their clever disguise as they infiltrate their way into the Nexus, learning its customs and studying its weaknesses so as to better prepare the oncoming space armada of doom?"

He waves a hand dismissively.

"And no, it's not a date. You don't see anyone gasping in awe at the sight of some preposterously romantic surprise, or face-snogging, or any of that silly hand-holding nonsense going on, do you? If it was a date, at least one of those things would have had to happen in the last ten minutes or so."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-01-23 at 11:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurora Fountain]

"Um, I like to play with my brothers and sisters. We have lots of toys. And we have a big backyard with lots of room to play, and a trampoline to jump on. We have a sandbox too, and we made a sand castle before. I really like playing peekaboo with Delaney. She's my baby sister." Angie could probably go on for a while like this, and will if Emmi lets her.

[Security Centre]

"We send da Kid Kachaz for 'er. Day'll be dere right away." He'll hang up and make the appropriate calls,

[Promenade]

Kid Kachaz are being dispatched and are on their way! They'll be there next post.

14. - Top - End - #374

Promenade

When Magtok rattles off a list of possible thing, the "little girl" nods delightedly.

"Yep, I'm definitely one of those thingies." Well that's not altogether reassuring. She doesn't bother to mention which of the things she could be either.

But then she tilts her head, looking at Missy queerly. Why hasn't she said anything... unless...

"But what if it was a super secret mind date? That's it isn't it! You- You're kissing right now in your heads aren't you!" Her eyes go as wide as saucers.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium - Sales Floor]

Raril smiles. "Melee weapons. Good. And I'm looking for explosives. See how that works out? No problems. Now what were you explaining before? You ran past quite a few words I didn't quite understand. Were those the different sorts of explosives?" Now that the drow had gotten his way, he was quick to change the subject back to his original reason for being here. If he could track down, or eliminate, the source, he'd be one step closer to discovering who tried to murder his wife.
    "Well, it depends on what you're wanting to do with the explosives. Semtex is the most common but we have a wide variety available..."
    And Crissy starts rattling them off, from Lyddite to the very model of a modern high explosive.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

"I need something that could demolish and area around..." Raril gives the dimensions of the aftermath of the explosion he'd observed. "And I want to see every variety you have." He gives a wolfish grin. In fact, the Drow was growing a little fuzzy around the edges. He'd need a bit of his lycathropic abilities to pick out the right material, but he was doing his best not to become too lupine, lest he frighten Crissy.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

[EE]

"OK! Well, I'm not too sure about blast radius like that, but I can show you around..."

And Crissy takes Raril on a whirlwind tour of the Explosives Department!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium - Sales Floor]

Crissy may find it strange when Raril starts sniffing at the merchandise. She'll probably get the idea that it'd be a bad idea to stop him, and besides, he wasn't hurting anything. "No, not this... This isn't it... Closer, still no..." He mumbles to himself as he goes along.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

Promenade

"If we were on a mind date, why would we be together in person?" Missy says, and awaits the Kid Kachaz. Of course with them both being cyborgs, they could both stay home and have their virtual avatars meet up somewhere, but that would require making an entirely new virtual reality location somewhere (IC and OOC), and gawds, if the Nexus doesn't provide enough to do, there's not much point in making a virtual version of it to be awkward in.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #380

[Aurora Fountain]

"Um, I like to play with my brothers and sisters. We have lots of toys. And we have a big backyard with lots of room to play, and a trampoline to jump on. We have a sandbox too, and we made a sand castle before. I really like playing peekaboo with Delaney. She's my baby sister." Angie could probably go on for a while like this, and will if Emmi lets her.
    Aurora Fountain

"That sounds fun," Emmi says. "What sort of games and toys do you play with?"

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurora Fountain]

"I like my blocks the best. I made a tower the day before yesterday and I put my dolly on top. I was gonna make my brother's Doctor Decibel action figure rescue her, but then Morgan came and knocked it down." Angie pouts at this last bit. She worked hard on that tower.

[Promenade]

Suddenly, two orks in Mall Kopz uniforms are making their way toward the little girl. They come from either side and stop. "Come on, lil oomie. We're gonna find yer parentz."

22. - Top - End - #382

Aurora Fountain

"Really?" Emmi asks, voice full of sympathy. "How tall was it? Next time, you should build something taller. That'll show him."
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-01-24 at 11:59 AM.

My Characters

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurora Fountain]

Angie stands up so she can demonstrate how tall it was. "It was this tall." She holds her hand just a bit over her head. "Maybe I can stand on a chair to make it taller. Mommy always says not to take the chairs out of the kitchen, though."

24. - Top - End - #384
    Orc in the Playground

EE- Basement

The skeleton discards the shotgun and instead takes up the longsword, stumbling over towards what it believes to be a target and thrusting its pointed piece of metal into the zombie.

The zombie didn't like that and stumbled back, taking some bones from the skeleton's weakened arm and the sword with it. It also drops the pistol, driving the shuriken dropped earlier deeper into the zombie's foot. It responds to the aggression by grabbing at the naginata and slashing wildly at the skeleton and missing wildly, embedding the blade in, surprisingly, a target.

The ghoul is either bored of eating or full enough for now to go back to weaponry. She grabs the tommy gun and fires a quick burst at a target. Now she knows of recoil, she's learnt more about firearms and is incredibly accurate with the weapon. Unfortunately, her chosen 'target' is one of the DRDs...

Serafina seems to be casting a spell. Probably a good idea; she's the only humanoid in the room that hasn't thus far been hit by a weapon, and unlike the others she's still alive so their mistake could kill her.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

25. - Top - End - #385

[Aurora Fountain]

Angie stands up so she can demonstrate how tall it was. "It was this tall." She holds her hand just a bit over her head. "Maybe I can stand on a chair to make it taller. Mommy always says not to take the chairs out of the kitchen, though."
    "I'd listen to your mommy. No sense hurting your head." Emmi says nodding. Mothers are always right. "Maybe you could get a bigger brother or sister to help."

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurora Fountain]

"Yeah, good idea. I could get Haley and Olivia to help." Angie points them out, twin ten year old girls sitting at the other edge of the fountain and talking animatedly.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

The lady notices the jewelry shop seems to be closed, perhaps the staff is out to lunch, so she walks along the mall to the next available shop. It happens to be Magmart.

[Magmart]

A lady wearing a hide jacket, sturdy pants mostly hidden by a flowing long tunic of sorts and sturdy leather boots walks into Magmart. She does not look like the typical Magmart shopper.

She is trying not to look like a country bumpkin on her first trip to the city as she looks around at the large, well-stocked store. Her natural grace saves her from looking too goggle-eyed.

This shopper is clearly in need of customer service.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

28. - Top - End - #388

Aurora Fountain

"Smart thinking, and if they help, there's no way they'd let Morgan knock it down." Emmi dips a finger in the water and tries to draw a heart shape in pink on her cheek. "You're so lucky to have older sisters. The only siblings I have are two older brothers."

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurora Fountain]

The bunnygirl giggles and grins at Emmi. "Wow, only two? Nobody has as many brothers and sisters as I do. It's weird." Angie doesn't think that having nine, soon to be ten siblings is odd at all. "What are your brothers' names?"
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-01-24 at 08:08 PM.

30. - Top - End - #390

Aurora Fountain

"Everyone thinks something is weird in Nexus." Emmi says before answering Angie's question. "Their names are William and Henry. Both annoying. Worst part, we shared a cramped apartment bedroom." She makes a silly grimacing face at this.

My Characters