New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside III

[Aurora Fountain]

Angie giggles a little at that. "I share a room with Nathan and Isabel. They're only a little bit younger than me, and they're twins. Everyone else has just two in a room."

2. - Top - End - #392
    Barbarian in the Playground

MagMart - LadyofWar's Character

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    The lady notices the jewelry shop seems to be closed, perhaps the staff is out to lunch, so she walks along the mall to the next available shop. It happens to be Magmart.

[Magmart]

A lady wearing a hide jacket, sturdy pants mostly hidden by a flowing long tunic of sorts and sturdy leather boots walks into Magmart. She does not look like the typical Magmart shopper.

She is trying not to look like a country bumpkin on her first trip to the city as she looks around at the large, well-stocked store. Her natural grace saves her from looking too goggle-eyed.

This shopper is clearly in need of customer service.

((Whoops, sorry I didn't get to this sooner. ))

"HAI MA'AM! ARE YOU IN NEED OF ANY ASSISTANCE?"

Raptor Christ, that Magbot is waaaay too enthusiastic. And loud, too. I imagine all the NPCs throughout the whole store probably heard it squawking at her like that. Of course, given that most of the Magbots working here are like that, I imagine they're used to that sort of shenanigans.

Promenade

Magtok just stands and smiles viciously. Ha! Take that, fake little girl thingy! Orks have come to take you away, and on top of that, you totally lost the date argument thingy!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #393

Aurora Fountain

"It's just my parents and my brothers, so just two bedrooms. Wait..." Emmi counts the bunny kids around the fountain. Then she starts doing a bit of math on her fingers. "Assuming the baby sleeps in a crib in your parents' room, that's five rooms! How big is your house?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurora Fountain]

"Um, it's big. There's two stories, and a basement, and there's lots of room to run around." Not that Angie should be running around inside, but shhh. "Daddy says he wants to build another room and another bathroom for when Delaney amd Seth are bigger. Seth isn't born yet, he's still in Mommy's tummy."

5. - Top - End - #395

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Promenade

"If we were on a mind date, why would we be together in person?" Missy says, and awaits the Kid Kachaz. Of course with them both being cyborgs, they could both stay home and have their virtual avatars meet up somewhere, but that would require making an entirely new virtual reality location somewhere (IC and OOC), and gawds, if the Nexus doesn't provide enough to do, there's not much point in making a virtual version of it to be awkward in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post

Promenade

Magtok just stands and smiles viciously. Ha! Take that, fake little girl thingy! Orks have come to take you away, and on top of that, you totally lost the date argument thingy!
    Promenade

The little girl reaches into a pocket on her dress, and draws out a laminated ID with her face to one side.

"I work here bub, at the Menagerie. Besides, these two are totally having a super-secret-psyker-face-eating competition in public." The little girl has a smug look on her face equaling Magtok's own.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #396

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Aurora Fountain]

"Um, it's big. There's two stories, and a basement, and there's lots of room to run around." Not that Angie should be running around inside, but shhh. "Daddy says he wants to build another room and another bathroom for when Delaney amd Seth are bigger. Seth isn't born yet, he's still in Mommy's tummy."
    Okay, so big house, lots of room, probably more than one bathroom, more than likely one in the immediate future.. Emmi's not jealous. Nope. "Sounds nice," she says, spiralling her finger on the top of her leg, and since she was just dipping that finger in the water, she now has a little spiral on her leg. "And Delaney is the baby in your mom's arms, right? She's so cute."

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

Promenade >> Mallmark

Ohey, the Proper Authorities have arrived to deal with the child, and Missy feels herself perfectly entitled to exit the situation. She quickly walks away, whether Magtok follows or not, and soon sees the ... children ... everywhere ...

Her stomach churns, and she spins and flees into the nearest shop - an NPC shop called Mallmark, which sells greeting cards and overpriced knick-knacks and other gifts. She stops in front of a display of Thanksmas ornaments, 80% off, and closes her eyes, trying to catch her breath and regain her composure.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Children EVERYWHERE! @.@

[Aurora Fountain]

"Yeah, she is. Mommy lets me hold her and give her her bottle sometimes. I'm trying to get her to say my name, but it's not working very well." Angie says, looking over to the baby and her mom. The latter gives them a smile.

[Promenade]

The orks look at Maggy and Missy. They won't try to stop Missy from leaving. They'd know a face eating contest if they saw one. So, just this kid to deal with. One of the orks peers at the ID. Hm... "Den you go back to store." The other ork tries to grab her by the back of her clothing and lift her right off the ground.

9. - Top - End - #399

Aurora Fountain

Emmi smiles back at the mother before turning back to Angie. "Can she talk at all? Like mama and dada," she asks. An earlier thought creeps back into
    her. "Am I interrupting a family day"?

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurora Fountain]

Angie nods. "She says lots of words now. Warren got her to say his name, but just because he has an easy name to say." Durned easy names. Angela is much harder.

The bunny girl looks over to her mom again briefly. "Um, I dunno. We were just coming to the mall to buy stuff and have dinner."

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's Office]

Grace has been busy. Managing Mallside, planning for some new ideas, taking care of her finances, and trying to keep tabs on recent events. There were a lot of things clamoring for her attention.

First in her mind though, was this.

Her silver pen taps steadily on the resume as Grace looks down at it, though her focus isn't really on the piece of paper, but the person behind it. She certainly needed this job, and probably someone to keep an eye on her; Grace was demanding off her business though, and didn't want to hand a position to someone unfit just out of pity.

She stops tapping the resume with her pen, and then picks up her phone and dials Integrity's number.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

EE- Basement

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

The tommy gun, AK-47, two revolvers, shotgun, flail, longsword, naginata, and shuriken.

The skeleton discards the shotgun and instead takes up the longsword, stumbling over towards what it believes to be a target and thrusting its pointed piece of metal into the zombie.

The zombie didn't like that and stumbled back, taking some bones from the skeleton's weakened arm and the sword with it. It also drops the pistol, driving the shuriken dropped earlier deeper into the zombie's foot. It responds to the aggression by grabbing at the naginata and slashing wildly at the skeleton and missing wildly, embedding the blade in, surprisingly, a target.

The ghoul is either bored of eating or full enough for now to go back to weaponry. She grabs the tommy gun and fires a quick burst at a target. Now she knows of recoil, she's learnt more about firearms and is incredibly accurate with the weapon. Unfortunately, her chosen 'target' is one of the DRDs...

Serafina seems to be casting a spell. Probably a good idea; she's the only humanoid in the room that hasn't thus far been hit by a weapon, and unlike the others she's still alive so their mistake could kill her.
    Bullets ping off the DRD's chassis, and the robot squawks in surprise, jerking backwards and deploying a small shield!
    ...the other DRDs suddenly deploy small blasters. And scatter!

[Erin's Emporium - Backroom]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    You're welcome. It'll be very interesting to have an apprentice, and I hope you'll learn a lot. Plus, having an apprentice means she can cell herself "master alchemist" and she's rather vain about that, deep down. I'll let you get settled up... I need to talk to Mrs. Aeryn about something. With that, she leaves and returns to the room where they talked with Aeryn.
    Aeryn is still at the table where she was left, frowning and going through paperwork. So much paperwork...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Dorota clears her throat again. Mrs. Aeryn? I'm back. Like I said, there's something important I need to tell you... This is going to be awkward.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Aeryn looks up, looking slightly concerned.
    "What is it, Dorota?" she asks. "Is everything alright?"
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-01-25 at 04:42 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, it is. Better than ever, really... Dorota says with a bit of a dreamy smile and a blush. You see, Crissy and I are... together now, if you know what I mean. I thought you ought to know. Both as their employer and the closest thing Crissy has to a parent right now.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-01-25 at 04:46 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    MagMart - LadyofWar's Character

((Whoops, sorry I didn't get to this sooner. ))

"HAI MA'AM! ARE YOU IN NEED OF ANY ASSISTANCE?"

Raptor Christ, that Magbot is waaaay too enthusiastic. And loud, too. I imagine all the NPCs throughout the whole store probably heard it squawking at her like that. Of course, given that most of the Magbots working here are like that, I imagine they're used to that sort of shenanigans.
    ((That's totally ok :-D I couldn't post until now anyhow.))

Suddenly, someone is yelling at the out-of-place customer! She spins toward the sound and takes two quick steps back from him. Her stance is balanced and fluid, the kind a fighter would take if suddenly attacked. If the Magbots are used to yelling at folks, they are probably also used to this response.

"Yes. I am." she replies to his question, once she has taken in the sight of the magbot and determined he means her no harm. "Thank you for your kindness, but I am not hard of hearing, a normal tone would be appreciated." She gives the Magbot a gracious smile.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

17. - Top - End - #407
    Orc in the Playground

EE- Basement

I just realised that the ghoul would not have been very accurate at all with the tommy gun, due to the fact she only has one arm and therefore cannot hold it properly to reduce the effect of recoil. Oh well, maybe that's why she hit the DRDs? Anyway, the ghoul is currently lying down, having been unable to stay upright whilst firing the tommy gun. She's in the process of standing up, however.

The zombie leaves the naginata embedded in a target and stumbles towards the table, grabbing what I believe is the only weapon left on it- the AK-47. Once the animated corpse has the semi-automatic rifle it turns around, grips the weapon ready to fire and sprays a short burst of bullets in the direction of Serafina.

The skeleton lurches over towards the table the weapons were placed. As it is empty, it does nothing else for now, as it can't see where the weaponry is.

Serafina finishes casting the spell, a shield of dark green light interposing itself between the necromancer and the bullets from the zombie. Also, a group of translucent dark green skeletons appear around Serafina as the spell takes effect. Serafina quickly starts chanting again.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Oh, it is. Better than ever, really... Dorota says with a bit of a dreamy smile and a blush. You see, Crissy and I are... together now, if you know what I mean. I thought you ought to know. Both as their employer and the closest thing Crissy has to a parent right now.
    Aeryn blinks in surprise, then smiles!
    "That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you."
    And, she genuinely is.
    "If you two want some...ah, time off at any point...let me know, alright?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Grace's Office]

Grace has been busy. Managing Mallside, planning for some new ideas, taking care of her finances, and trying to keep tabs on recent events. There were a lot of things clamoring for her attention.

First in her mind though, was this.

Her silver pen taps steadily on the resume as Grace looks down at it, though her focus isn't really on the piece of paper, but the person behind it. She certainly needed this job, and probably someone to keep an eye on her; Grace was demanding off her business though, and didn't want to hand a position to someone unfit just out of pity.

She stops tapping the resume with her pen, and then picks up her phone and dials Integrity's number.
    [Grace's Office]

After only a pair of rings, Integrity will pick up, being surprisingly cheery. She saw whose number it was.

About half an hour later, there will be a knock at the door, "Miss Grace? It's Integrity."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's Office]

"Come in." Grace says, remaining behind her desk. Integrity's resume is still in front of her, but has been joined by a pair of folders- one manilla, and one a darker brown.

"Integrity, I'm going to be honest and upfront." The eudai says in a gentle voice. "You don't have the education or experience necessary to manage the mall. I've decided I cannot consider you for that position." Grace folds her hands together, looking up at Integrity seriously. "But, as things stand, I could certainly use assistance, so I would like to extend a different offer to you."

She taps the manilla folder and pushes it forward. "I can still hire you to work in the mall, if you'd like. It wouldn't be a job as high ranking as a managerial position, but I'd be willing to give you a position as a representative. It would be part customer service, part advertising, and outreach to businesses we'd like to incorporate into the mall."

"I have a second offer for you to consider as well. It would be more demanding, and would require more responsibility and effort, but would have correspondingly higher pay. It'd be a job as my personal assistant, not just with Mallside, but in my general professional endeavors. The work would vary widely, depending on what tasks currently occupied my time, but would largely be secretarial in nature." This description completed, she pushes forward the other folder, then leans back in her chair.

"Do you have any thoughts or questions you would like to voice?"

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Office]

Integrity nods, aware that she probably set her hopes too high on a managerial position.

Integrity thinks for a long moment, not sure what to say. An easier job, but with less pay? She'd be the working PR though, and that potentially means popularity.

On the other hand, Grace is offering her work that's higher paying but tougher, and the chance to work with her as an assistant. Hmm...

"Which of the positions needs to be more urgently filled?"

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's Office]

"Mallside PR has required only minimal effort so far." Grace admits. "While I have a lot of other ideas and tasks that haven't even gotten off the ground yet. I could probably use your help more in that position. And if for some reason Mallside became more demanding, the job description I've outlined here-" She taps the brown folder, "Would allow it to overlap and assume the duties of the other job anyway. But, in case you wanted a less demanding job, or a job affiliated with Mallside, I felt I should offer it separately."

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post

Aeryn blinks in surprise, then smiles!
    "That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you."
    And, she genuinely is.
    "If you two want some...ah, time off at any point...let me know, alright?"
    Dorota blushes some more. Not right now... maybe later. We're still working it all out. But thank you.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Office]

Integrity nods, rubbing her horn a moment later as she considers this a bit more. After a moment longer, she'll attempt to take the brown folder and the manilla folder and give them a quick look to see if there's any more information she could want.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's Office]

The Mallside position is pretty much what Grace said, with only a few more details. It's largely about interaction with others- attending meetings, advertising to customers and business clients, targeting businesses in the Nexus in an attempt to get them to join Mallside, and the like. It also makes note of looking into opening Mallside to new locations.

The assistant position, on the other hand, has a great many more notes attached to it, referencing various plans and past actions of Grace for examples of the variety of work it would entail- Nexus spanning research and polls on a number of topics (from popularity of institutions to different forms of magic), representing and accompanying Grace at various functions and meetings (such as the Nexus Council, or in liaisons with other organizations, or even the odd lawyer work that Grace takes on), more typical secretarial work such as taking notes and dictations, handling calls and archiving data and information, to recruiting people for projects (like the former Riftline Project, Aurora Air, and the new magical studies group she is considering). The brown folder is stuffed, making it clear why Grace would want someone for such a position.

"I know these weren't the positions you were considering, so feel free to take some time. If you need to come back another day, I'll understand." Grace adds.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2012-01-25 at 07:25 PM.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Office]

Rather than leaving, Integrity will read over the contents of the folders, and rub her chin slightly. Finally, she says, "I believe I've already made my decision. If you'll have me, I'd like to take the position as your assistant. From the looks of it, you need the help, and you did say it was greater pay than the other one."

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium - Sales Floor]

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    Crissy may find it strange when Raril starts sniffing at the merchandise. She'll probably get the idea that it'd be a bad idea to stop him, and besides, he wasn't hurting anything. "No, not this... This isn't it... Closer, still no..." He mumbles to himself as he goes along.
    Crissy frowns, but hey, the Nexus takes all kinds...
    "Are you trying to match a specific type you already have, sir?" the Valley Girl half-elf asks.

Aeryn nods. "You're welcome. And if you ever need anything, just ask, alright?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium - Sale's Floor]

"Something like that." Raril replies, nodding. "This." He taps a block of C-4. "This is it... but not quite. All the major notes are there, but... hm it's slightly off."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's Office]

"That I did." Grace agrees amiably. "Though currency is fairly unreliable in the Nexus, so listing an exact amount would be about as helpful as telling you where Trog's currently is- so suffice to say, I'll ensure you can pay rent for an apartment or payments on a home in any location of your choosing, utilities, food, transportation (though really, walking and Riftline should be all that you need for locale transportation), and other basic necessities while leaving you a fair amount for luxury purchases. If method of payment seems to have gone bad (and I assure you that will happen at some point) then we'll just switch over to another one."

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Office]

At the moment, Integrity was living in a rented house, and living... not badly. not exactly well, but there were worse situations than a drafty one bedroom apartment, "That'd be perfectly fine with me then. When do you want me to start? I don't exactly have plans at the moment, so I'm available immediately."