New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG 79: So Lonely.

[Lab]

Toby sighs, having guessed that would be the case. It's just a more detailed medical scan, Reinholdt. I'm not doing anything psychic like reading your thoughts or whatever. But if you still don't want me to do that, then fine. Just tell me how you want me to help you.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Main Cabin

Julie leans over ponderously so that her entire body is facing Kate, and then the arm she isn't laying on reaches up, and whips out, intent on delivering a ringing slap to Kate's right cheek.

Whether it's successful or not, Julie rolls back onto her back, too emotionally turbulent to do anything else. There are no tears in her eyes, just a look of profound worry, tinged with betrayal.

Kate knew almost everything now, there really wasn't any incentive to keep her coming back. Julie couldn't withold any information, and now for the first time since she'd opened up to Eric, someone knew just how hopeless redeeming her is.

She has to say something though. Anything.

"That's for asking in the first place. I can't really blame you for reading it, but you shouldn't have violated my privacy that way." Even though, in the same situation, Julie would have done the same thing in a heartbeat. What's worse, she wouldn't have even told Kate. Just abused the power it gave over her, just like she always had, and always would.

I guess some part of Julie thought better of Kate than that. She was supposed to be one of the good guys, right?
    Kate is slapped. She takes it full force, not trying to avoid or resist it. "Yeah, I deserved that."

"Well, Julie, if you still want to I will help you through the redemption program. I understand that you might be... wary of me now, but I would never do... that... ever again. As it is, I'm going to burn that file as soon as I can."

Kate doesn't really know what to do about this... or if Julie wants to ever see her face again. Not really any way to tell how Julie will react-

"Oh, if it's any consolation I didn't see anything that happened in the remnant building. Not sure why, but that was omitted."

Not like it'll be much in terms of consolation, bur Julie should know that Kate doesn't know quite anything.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Front Entrance

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    A woman's currently walking down the path towards GLoG...

She also has a pistol at her belt. Think a Desert Eagle in size, but a slightly different make and with runes of some sort carved into the barrel.
    She'll spot a certain redheaded Solar also returning down the garden path.

[Garden]

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Annabelle smiles. She's made a friend! A friend who is not a small furry creature! Hooray!

"YAY!" she replies excitedly, "BUT DOES THAT MEAN YOU'LL BE SITTING THERE READING A BOOK WHILE I WATCH YOU READ A BOOK?"

She pauses for a moment, mulling over this thought.

"THAT SEEMS WEIRD."
    "Well, it would be; however, you could also read a book, or I could make alternative plans," Taurus suggests.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #94

Main Cabin

"If I had to pick something for you to have not seen, that certainly wouldn't have been it. I would have told you most things Kate, maybe after the wounds had some time to heal. It was just too fresh to talk about. There were some things I did I would have rather kept buried forever." Things between her and Eric, intimate things, and things that would have shown Kate just how scummy she really can be.

"Don't think you should keep up the offers just because you pity me. You know what I'm capable of now, and I really won't blame you if you back out. I'm due in a month, and then I can get out of your hair for good. Until then, I'll ask Sophie to take me on, and string her along, let her think she's doing some good." What's the point in lying anymore? Julie doesn't have the energy to put on a convincing face, and even if she did someone that knew her as well as Kate did now might still see through it.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

Sophie? Oh, right, there was s Sophie around here somewhere.

Kate looks at Julie. "No. You lost someone dear to you, and I think that if you want to, and you devote yourself, you can and will improve. I don't want to back out, and if you do want to go through the redemption process, I will go with you. Help you through it... whatever the proper term is. If you, however, want me to go, I will."

Kate fears that Julie will just say 'No, buzz off, I'll go back and be careful and it will be fine.' Or something... oh, just think about Julie trying to raise her twins herself... but all said and done, Kate will follow Julie's decision.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman approaches Shrike! "Hello? I'm looking for Brianna Corcoran."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Is it possible to teach and hence learn the princess stuff, though?" Natalie's curious; she's always interested in magic. Which is why she asked for the book lying open on her lap.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #98

Main Cabin

Julie sniffles, and reaches out her hand to try to grasp Kate's, "I don't really want you to leave Kate. I've had worse done to me than this, and probably deserve even worse." A thin smile crosses her face, as she considers the position they're in.

"I want you to make this up to me though, before we get started on the redemption. I promise I'll give it my all, but I have to follow through on a promise I made before I got here first." Julie eases herself back into a sitting position, an arm agaist the small of her back to support it.

"You might remember my talk with the Operative? I have to go fix Wally if I'm going to hold up my end of the bargain. Do you think you could come with me, and make sure I don't do anything too stupid?"
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Sure, Julie. I don't know who this 'Wally' is, but I'll help if I can. Oh, if I seem distracted it because of these antenna. I can feel all sorts of little air movements, and I can smell a lot. I don't really know what to make of it all yet, so I might seem distracted."

Twich, twitch! Those antenna are so adorable, it's easy enough to be distracted by them even if you don't have them on your head.

10. - Top - End - #100

Main Cabin

"They're cute. I'm doing some knitting when I have spare time, maybe I could do a hat for you with a couple of holes?" That's a nice safe topic right? And admittedly, Julie does find the new additions pretty adorable.

"Wally is, well you could call him my grandfather, and you'd be closer to the truth than most. He got in a rather bad way recently, and wouldn't let anyone help him out of it. He's come around though, and it's fallen to either Gregorovich or I to get him back on his feet." And between the two of them, Julie is definitely the preferred candidate.

"It's a pretty long hike there though, I don't suppose you know a better way around?"

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

"I might. I know my way around inside pretty well, taking the physics bending into account. Inside parks are odd places, even without my track record. Where does he live?"

A pause.

"Oh, and should I be calling him by his whole name since I'm not related to him?"

12. - Top - End - #102

Main Cabin

Julie shakes her head, "He's been staying with Arkinos this last little while, another relative. They usually get along with each other. Arkinos has his own little hidey hole up in the hills, but I can't really fly there as I am now. I just wasn't sure if you had a car, or any way there that didn't involve a sore back and a hard night's sleep."

The succubus doesn't quite get off the bed yet. No sense in straining herself more if they don't know how they're getting there.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Lab]

"Oh yes. I can't imagine ANYONE who would make an overblown fuss over little details without being reasonable. I mean she practically bowled over two people, killed a third, and threatened a fourth's children. Not like anyone else here. No siree."

Reinholdt waits on Sophie.
    I assume the sarcasm there is directed at me. You may think it's a little detail, but I've spent my whole life creating. Liquid agony was quite a breakthrough at the time, a great achievement! How would you feel if someone ran off with a great project of yours and analysed it in order to copy it at will?

I imagine Affy won't like the answer to that question.

Hmmph. Diluting liquid agony. Weakening my great creation. Why not just give you smaller doses?
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

"Probably because we don't have any."

"Hmmm... actually. On second thought Tobias, do the brain scan. Be very thorough." Reinholdt grins at the druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

Kate shakes her head. "Sorry, I've just been walking everywhere. If the hidey-hole is closer to riverside, we could use the riftline to go there and walk from there... or even from one of the other Orgs, probably. Riftline has stations out by the Orgs. One way or another, we should probably avoid camping, yeah. I just don't know anyone with a car."

Kate shrugs. "Any ideas?"

16. - Top - End - #106

Main Cabin

Riftline? Julie hadn't really heard anything about that, but if it's better than walking she'll take it.

"It's not too far from Riverside I think, probably an hour if we hurry. Still not the best thing for my back, but I think I'll manage just this once."

That settled, Julie leans forward, letting her weight drag her onto her heels.

"Lets get going before I have to change my mind."

17. - Top - End - #107

Approaching GLoG
    "Well...we're here..." Katherine says as she arrives at GLoG, hopefully with Irregularity Brown.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Main Area

Irregularity Brown the weresquirrel is indeed here, having followed Katherine from WATCHTOWER. Hopefully, they didn't walk. Or at least Katherine gave Irregularity some shoes. Otherwise, he's just walked barefoot all the way from WATCHTOWER. "Are we? Huh. Not quite what I expected. Or is this some kind of illusion hiding their fabulous piles of wealth?" Irregularity Brown dislikes the poor.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

Kate will help Julie up.

"Sure! Which way is it from Riverside? Some of the riftline stations may be closer than others..."

And unless there might be some trouble, the scene can probably move either to Riverside or somewhere closer.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

The woman approaches Shrike! "Hello? I'm looking for Brianna Corcoran."
    "Hm?"
    Shrike turns, and gives the newcoming woman a once-over.
    "May I ask why?"

===

Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Is it possible to teach and hence learn the princess stuff, though?" Natalie's curious; she's always interested in magic. Which is why she asked for the book lying open on her lap.
    "I...honestly don't know," Jamie admits after a moment's thought. "I mean, it just came naturally to me. But I'm not sure if that means you have to be born with it, or if you find an artifact and gain the powers, or if they can be taught."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Then, for now, I think you can help by being an audience. Unless there's something else you want to do?" Natalie won't force Jamie to watch her perform magic tricks, so if there's something Jamie needs to do or would rather do she can go do that.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Well, the only thing I really have to do otherwise is eat cake," Jamie says with a giggle. "So I'd love to watch!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

Main Cabin

"OK then!" Natalie produces another card from her wrist, this time without the flash of light, and starts to practice her magic. It's mainly sleight-of-hand, making cards and coins appear, disappear and change. Some of it has flashes of red light, but other bits don't. The red light coincides with the tricks performed through magic, and never the ones which are based around nimble fingers or trickery.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Outside]

"Hm?"
    Shrike turns, and gives the newcoming woman a once-over.
    "May I ask why?"
    "It's related to a Frost Giant problem..."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Lab]

"Probably because we don't have any."

"Hmmm... actually. On second thought Tobias, do the brain scan. Be very thorough." Reinholdt grins at the druid.
    ... I swear to all the gods I haven't killed yet, if I find a brain tumor or something else awful I'll kick your ass. That grin unnerves the druid to the point of absurd paranoia. This storyline is about redemption and overcoming personal demons and I will not let you turn it into a horribly depressing soap opera sob story.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lab]

Quinn decides now would be a good time to blend into the woodwork.

Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "OK then!" Natalie produces another card from her wrist, this time without the flash of light, and starts to practice her magic. It's mainly sleight-of-hand, making cards and coins appear, disappear and change. Some of it has flashes of red light, but other bits don't. The red light coincides with the tricks performed through magic, and never the ones which are based around nimble fingers or trickery.
    Jamie watches with distinct interest, a smile on her face as her friend practices.
    "That is so cool!"

[Outside]

"It's related to a Frost Giant problem..."
    "...I see. She should be in the Infirmary," Shrike says, turning to lead the way there.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]
    "Well, it would be; however, you could also read a book, or I could make alternative plans," Taurus suggests.
    Annabelle thinks about this for another moment.

"I DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW TO READ BOOKS." she says, "SO I PROBABLY COULDN'T DO THAT." she smiles.

"WHAT OTHER PLANS DID YOU HAVE?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

"...I see. She should be in the Infirmary," Shrike says, turning to lead the way there.
    "Thank you."

And the woman follows!

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

"Perhaps you could learn?" Taurus suggests. "However, I did also condier fishing this afternoon."

===

[Outside>Infirmary]

And to the Infirmary they go!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

And they go! Brianna is, in fact, there. "Ah, Susanna, you're here."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.