New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXVI: Superponies Everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Speaking of which, is Operation Lauren Faust in progress yet? What's needed?
    Random thought for the day: Do you think Lauren Faust shouts her last name before dramatically punching someone?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

I do now, yeah.

FAAAAAAUUUUST! *whack!*

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    If I can have a say in the new thread name:

MLP XXXVII: We Should Have Learned [Something] By Now

(Brackets in case the title is too long).
    You have my axe. And my vote. And my beard.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    If I can have a say in the new thread name:

MLP XXXVII: We Should Have Learned [Something] By Now

(Brackets in case the title is too long).
    Switching my vote to this.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

Sooooo much responding to do...

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I don't belong in a sentence with those two.
    Phoe, SiuiS, Braz, DD, myself, Soras, Kairaven, Gaelbert, TGPFluttershy, Kindablue, Saint Ridley and Saint Ridley's guest are going to BronyCon to see Lauren Faust and John de Lancie. Now everypony's in a sentence with those two. HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Well, it did take a little over a day, but... brought it.

Happy vacation, Jayden! And don't forget that MP3 player full of mood music I sent you!
    Special mood music. Almost... entrancing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, could've done better, I know. First attempt at anything resembling actual hand-drawn animation though, so could've done a lot worse. :) Photoshop is surprisingly good for little anims like these, btw.
    It's a real shame animated avatars aren't allowed, because those are amazing and hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Well! Looks like I've finally got myself a welcome image:

ep:
    Spoiler
    Show

(I'm sorry I haven't been around at all lately. In short, I am currently experiencing my first real life experience with Crunch Time.)
    That is now, without question, the best welcome image.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I don't know about this. There have been an increasing amount of movies and such that have had homosexual characters without that much negative backlash. I honestly believe that as long as they didn't rub it in they could get away with it now. However I do agree that Hasbro would likely nix the idea in the bud. Like you said it wouldn't really grab anymore positive attention (though it would be impressive and I think lots of the more mature fans would be impressed (after they stopped complaining about their ship being sunk of course)) and they would much rather play it safe then trying for such a bold move.
    Key difference is that most movies and such don't have us. Fox and whatnot are already out to get us, and canon same-sex shipping would not go unnoticed. As much as I'd love to see the show get away with something like that just to further promote love and tolerance, it's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Ep:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This only contributes to the fanon of her as town drunk...

Didn't someone say that one of the artists suggested they had made her sneak a drink out of the punch bowl for exactly that purpose?
    Actually I think it was Lauren herself who chose Berry for that part. Can't remember for sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I think the people who would be foaming at the mouth the most are already doing so. The show is full of teh Evulz, according to their twisted views. I could make a long list but let's just say that if the show wasn't bad enough, the brony community alone pretty much condemns it to eternal hellfire in the deepest pits of the abyss. Teletubbies and Harry Potter is nothing compared.
    I wouldn't be too sure of that. A lot of the people going after FiM are actually targeting the brony community, with only the extreme crazies chasing after the show itself. (I saw one article that said it was satanic because Rainbow Dash can control the weather) Same-sex relationships, unfortunately, are still a hot issue and one a lot more people are likely to stand up against even within the brony community. (And yes, I've found plenty who are against shipping for that very reason)

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I lol'd. So hard. Hasbro: Best troll or bestest troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    So regarding the antagonists from the last episode:

If they call each other "Flim" and "Flam," and they're also "The Flim Flam Brothers..."

Does that make their full names Flim Flim Flam and Flam Flim Flam?
    Yes (Language Warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Shall we assemble the collective, HARMONY, Friendship, party and hug cannons?
    Show them while they may hate us, we love and tolerate them.
    Sorry, the hug cannon's out of commission until I figure out what Bleakbane did with my ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Look at the individual who has inspired legions, worlds, even of loyal individuals to him without question, from the very bottom of his organisation to the very top, and in nearly three millenia, and the numbers of people who have tried an actual coup1 can be counted on the fingers of one hand. Look at what this individual has accomplished. Someone, who, from literally nothing, has crafted an empire exponetially smaller than most of the other major - and even some minor - powers, and yet one whose technolgical edge is phenominal. Who has forged a highly competant and highly professional military among the most feared in the galaxy. Who leads by example, in the very best of military traditions. Who is a strategic and tactical genius unsurpassed.
    So no more than 31? For a race as long-lived as liches that's a pretty reasonable number. I don't imagine the coups would be something handled through brute force. When you're immortal it would be much easier to slowly edge things into place for the big victorious blow.
    Forcing myself to count on my fingers in binary is the best thing I've ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    @ War on Ponies thread:

Come on, guys. Aren't we like, equipped for this? Don't we have an entire grimdark subfandom purely to help us out in times like this? Let's answer the guys's question straight. Load him up on war ponies and dark and disturbing pony pictures. We got frickin' hundreds of them. Let's impress him with the sheer scale, depth and creativity of the pony fandom.

Love and tolerance doesn't mean going in there and saying 'you're wrong but we tolerate you'. We can respond in kind, find what the guy likes and show him that it's okay to like blood and violence and also like ponies. We can show him that multiple people do that already. We can show him that multiple fantastic artists have drawn pictures of exactly what he's asking for, while still being bronies. Perhaps we'll broaden his mind and show him that it's okay to like ponies.

Let's hold the door open rather than taunting from inside the walls.
    Actually, that's a tempting idea. I just tossed in a single post and am now bored with the subject. It's a shame you're doing Dragon Month Thanqol, or you could have a whole new topic to draw for a while.

Wait a minute, the current CHALLENGE theme is life and death... Excuse me, I think I have some work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Look at mah gifs mah gifs are amazing:

Spoiler
    Show

Dammit Pinkie, stop breaking physics.
    Spoiler
    Show

Pinkie can really hold her cider.

Spoiler
    Show

ENTIRELY TOO HAPPY.

Give these a lick they taste just like muffins:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hehehe, I love that they even swapped in Bon-Bon and Lyra.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Oh and uh, 24 years ago today I was brought into this world. During the middle of the Super Bowl iirc, but I couldn't tell you who was playing at the time.
    Happy belated birthday! This gives me an excuse to go do a thing I was going to do. Picture pending!

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    So, we're on page 45 46 of the thread now. Anybody put forth ideas for the next thread name yet?

I'd be amused if we used the best friendship letter ever's first line:
    My Little Pony XXXVII: I Didn't Learn Anything!
    (Or "Ah" instead of "I," if we want to transcribe AJ's accent.)

Zevox
    I vote we use "Season 2 Ruined My Fanfic" now. Derpy having a voice is totally a reason to use that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    This one gets my vote, but one of these days, we need to have our next thread be, "Season Two Ruined My Thread Title."
    Actually I think I'll add my vote to "I Learned Nothing". Alternatively, as the one comic said "I'm Bucking Perfect". And I'm agreeing 100% with "Season Two Ruined My Thread Title" at some point. Maybe after Season 2's over, since we don't seem too likely to actually run out of ideas before that.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    we really need to save that one for after Valentine episode..if any episode is gonna drop a rainnuke on mass #'s of Fanfics it is that one

derp...you slightly changed it
    It's funny because we keep saying that and then some memetastic new idea comes up.

HA! FINISHED THIS BEFORE A NEW THREAD! FEAR ME!

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Troll in the Playground

More new episide stuff.

Firstly, Thor pony gets a nemesis:
    Spoiler
    Show

LOL Mac:
    Spoiler
    Show

Regarding Pinkie and toon physics:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, don't forget the ending to Over a Barrel. She actually interacts with the screen wipe. That's gotta count for something.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    It's a real shame animated avatars aren't allowed, because those are amazing and hilarious.
    I can't believe I missed that before (though there have been times in the last coule of days when I've been actually struggling to read pony thread, when my skull got too foggy and my vision wonky...) I tip my helmet to you, sir, o metaphysical, mulitversal entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen
    A lot of the people going after FiM are actually targeting the brony community, with only the extreme crazies chasing after the show itself. (I saw one article that said it was satanic because Rainbow Dash can control the weather)
    This being the same set of crazies who went after Pokemon and Harry Potter, so...

Sorry, the hug cannon's out of commission until I figure out what Bleakbane did with my ammo.
    Huzzah!

So no more than 31? For a race as long-lived as liches that's a pretty reasonable number. I don't imagine the coups would be something handled through brute force. When you're immortal it would be much easier to slowly edge things into place for the big victorious blow.
    Forcing myself to count on my fingers in binary is the best thing I've ever done.
    You are a strange little pony sometimes, Kyouhen...

Let me put it this way, though. If you take Grand Admiral Thrawn, give him 2700 years of experience and intelligence boosts and magic super-powers (i.e. Twilight's-talent-for-magic super-power, and a dollop of Pinkie Sense for good measure), you will approach Lord Death Despoil's capabilities.

In other news, Super-powered Grand Admiral Thrawn the most Awesomely stupid idea I've ever had since Naruto-ninja Julius Caesar.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    More new episide stuff.

Firstly, Thor pony gets a nemesis:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, yes, there were a lot of excellent new colour combinations in this one

Regarding Pinkie and toon physics:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, don't forget the ending to Over a Barrel. She actually interacts with the screen wipe. That's gotta count for something.
    Didn't she pretty much use her teeth?

Plus, a lot of zippers can be opened easily if you push fabric in front of them, doubly so in something designed for Earth Pony...
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

You are a strange little pony sometimes, Kyouhen...

Let me put it this way, though. If you take Grand Admiral Thrawn, give him 2700 years of experience and intelligence boosts and magic super-powers (i.e. Twilight's-talent-for-magic super-power, and a dollop of Pinkie Sense for good measure), you will approach Lord Death Despoil's capabilities.

In other news, Super-powered Grand Admiral Thrawn the most Awesomely stupid idea I've ever had since Naruto-ninja Julius Caesar.
    In my defence when you become incapable of viewing your fingers as 1 to 10 and instead view them as 1 to 1023 all cases of "I could count it on two hands" as a sign to show how infrequent something happens become hilariously unimpressive.

And I'll agree that super-powered Grand Admiral Thrawn is an awesome idea.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey Aorts commander, what does AORTS stand for? The best I've been able to think of is Amazing Overlords of Real Time Strategy.

Whoops misread it. In that case... Amazing Omnipotent Rulers of Time and Space?
    Last edited by Litewarior; 2012-02-01 at 03:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Litewarior View Post
    Hey Aorts commander, what does AORTS stand for? The best I've been able to think of is Amazing Overlords of Real Time Strategy.
    I think it stands for Army Of The Red Spear.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

Plus, a lot of zippers can be opened easily if you push fabric in front of them, doubly so in something designed for Earth Pony...
    Also tent zippers always have tabs on either side so its obviously just out of sigt.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't help it, I love both those ideas.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Troll in the Playground

You take Grand Admiral Thrawn...

Give him 2700 years of experience...

Boosts...

Make him into Marty the Lich...

Then, real Thrawn still kicks your arse. That's just how he rolls, yo

And, for the record, Ninja Thrawn? I take you didn't read his second origin short story, then?

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Troll in the Playground

Forgive my ignorance, but who is this Thrawn fella anyway?

*shrug* I guess. Just seemed funny to me.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

Star Wars: Heir to the Empire
    Star Wars: Dark Force Rising
    Star Wars: The Last Command

Get those books. Read them. Now.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

The antagonist of the Timothy Zahn novels Zevox mentioned (generally considered some of the best Star Wars novels ever), a truly brilliant chiss Imperial Grand Admiral who took command of the Empire after the Battle of Endor. Honestly, I consider the books truly excellent and Thrawn my favorite Star Wars character. If you like Star Wars, or even if you have just seen the movies, read it now.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2012-02-01 at 03:16 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zevox
    Ah. Expanded universe. I thought the name was slightly familiar, but I didn't read the books. I tend to keep out of the SW 'verses, because they're pretty boring, even with the planet-scale destruction and "that's no moon" spacestations.

And also, I support the "We should have learned something by now." name for the next thread.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Ah. Expanded universe. I thought the name was slightly familiar, but I didn't read the books. I tend to keep out of the SW 'verses, because they're pretty boring, even with the planet-scale destruction and "that's no moon" spacestations.
    Well I will say that while my love of SW died an unmourned death a long while ago... the Thrawn trilogy is still the only part of SW worth a damn.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

Confess that you've never heard of a character from a sci-fi book you didn't know existed. People act shocked.

You can't explain that.

Zevox
    Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    If you like Star Wars, or even if you have just seen the movies, read it now.
    I'll keep an eye out for them if I ever visit a bookshop. Star Wars is okay. I do like the original trilogy.

I love how most Star Wars races have some uniqueness to them and yet this guy is just a human with blue skin and red eyes. still, if he's just that awesome I guess I can take a look.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1461

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I do now, yeah.

FAAAAAAUUUUST! *whack!*
    It makes me want to remake the 'gaze into the fist of Dredd' only 'Gaze into the Faust of Lauren'
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Troll in the Playground

Well I will say that while my love of SW died an unmourned death a long while ago... the Thrawn trilogy is still the only part of SW worth a damn.
    What.

*cough* TIE Fighter *cough*

Incidentally, it also has Thrawn, at his best.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

23. - Top - End - #1463

I do have to say that it was a star wars novel that got me to stop reading R.A. Salvatore FOOOOOREVAR!!

Oh... and also stopped me from reading any further star wars books.

And generally made me realize that every story needs to end. And if you do choose to continue with it, set it a couple hundred years later so that the original characters are not mentioned ever again except maybe as vague legends or myths.

Only exception to that rule is Shannara books... which though set years apart are basically rehash of the same story over and over again. (the original stories of which are arguably heavily "borrowed" from LoTR)

Ann McCaffrey on the other hand managed to keep Pern novels relatively fresh by focusing on different characters, even though it was mostly the same time period.

anyway, to keep this pony related a bit:

So, Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000...
    Do you think that.
    - it is the 6000th Flimflam patent?
    - the 6000th prototype?
    - or like some commercial products names that coincide with the calender years, is it the 6000th year of the rule of Celestia?

anyway, thread title will be whatever Trixie decide it is.
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2012-02-01 at 03:45 PM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

24. - Top - End - #1464

What.

That character is like having admiral Batman.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    anyway, thread title will be whatever Trixie decide it is.
    Speaking of which, do we have a consensus?

Also, this needs to be one of the future thread titles

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of which, do we have a consensus?

There were quite a lot of votes for "Ah didn't learn anything!" earlier, but another suggestion of "We should've learned something by now" also had some posters seconding it recently. I think the former had more, but I haven't counted.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, more, though I can't trace what exactly it references ^^"

Oh, well, I'll find some suitable picture on my own, then.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Litewarior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I think it stands for Army Of The Red Spear.
    Gamerlord is entirely correct.

(It's Aotrs, rather than Aorts; it surprises me how often people make that mistake... I think it says something interesting about human pattern recognitions when reading.)

And, for the record, Ninja Thrawn? I take you didn't read his second origin short story, then?
    Oh, I haven't read that, in what, nearly...forty eight hours?

Zevox
    As I've just started doing again.

I'll keep an eye out for them if I ever visit a bookshop. Star Wars is okay. I do like the original trilogy.
    The guy uses alien artwork as a means to understanding their racial psychology and then turns that into a stratagy to beat them. One look at pony thread, and he'd be able to beat any one of us here who's ever done an artwork, myself included, and I've only drawn two pictures!

Yeah, he's THAT AWESOME.

Seriously, the Thrawn trilogy is absolutely brilliant. I think it's about the only other fiction my Dad read and enjoyed, apart from Discworld and Hitchiker's, which is about as ringing an endorsement as I can manage.

It's also written way before the prequel trilogy, so it you're one of the people that don't like that, you can rest assured that there is no taint of it there!

Thrawn, is, I think, probably the best villain of, like anything (even though the Witch-King of Angamr holds a special plaace in my metaphorical heart). Smart, urbane, cultured...not without a certain sense of humour, and at the same time, utterly ruthless without being wasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc
    I love how most Star Wars races have some uniqueness to them and yet this guy is just a human with blue skin and red eyes. still, if he's just that awesome I guess I can take a look.
    No, dude has GLOWING red eyes. Like a Lich. He's that badass.

(His human-proximity-appearance also made him a little easier for the radily anti-alien Empire to accept. He's the only non-human ever to hold the rank of Grand Admiral.)

What.

What, fifteen years-odd on, and still one of the best computer games ever.

I think my only quibble with it is that I think an English accent would have suited Thrawn better - though to be fair, I think (as I got the Collector's CD version) the fully-voiced parts only came later, and the early cut-scene voices were done with a bit of a lower voice-over budget and American voice-actors. Notably, the in-game wingman commands are in an American accent, but the mission dialogue for young wingmen is often a completely different voice.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    That character is like having admiral Batman.
    Hells, yes.

Also:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thrawn is Best Pony.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-02-01 at 04:15 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

(Hell, it'd be trivial to model her in D&D as a psion, it really would.)
    Wilder would be better, I'd say. Shame Psions are so much better...

Naruto-nina Caesar? SO MUCH WIN.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #1470

Spoiler
    Show

Thrawn is Best Pony.
    It's probably just the eyes, but that picture looks like something more out of Invader Zim than MLP.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube