Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLII: Vintage Villainy

Door

Thenadier stands outside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inspector Thenadíer

Alias: The Inspector
    Race: Human
    Alignment: Lawful Evil, (Thinks he's lawful good)
    Class/Profession: Inspector, Private Investigator
    Power Level: B-
    Description: Thenadíer has a dark navy and gold uniform with matching Navy boots. Hes always wears his sinister black top-hat and his ebony cane/club. Hes wears black gloves which match his hat. He has gray hair wound up in a tight ponytail. His face is smooth and chiseled always set in an arrogant scowl. Hes has grey muttonchops and dark circles under his eyes.

Personality: Thenadíer believes in nothing but law. His parents were criminals. Thenadír realized at an early age that only the just and good achieve greatness. Hes is nigh uncorruptable and stubborn as a mule. Most find him a prick. Thenadíer is harsh, uncaring, and mean.
    Equipment: Pistol, cane, clothes, manacles, handcuffs, ropes, gags, thumbscrews, prison log, certificate of Inspectorate, and extra pistol
    Abilities: Thenadíer can fire his pistols, tracks, duel with his cane, torture, interrogate, and he can also sing.
    Backstory: Thenadier used to work for the Caryl police force. He was there star law enforcer, however he was assigned to find a man accused of burning down his own house. The mans family died along with his sons wife and unborn child. The man was Jean Aceford. Thenadier went to find Jean. Thenadier followed him across countries until finally finding him and bringing back to Caryl. Jean went to jail working at quarry for twenty years. Then jean escaped. Thenadier lost him. Thenadier could and would not lose. But he did. Thenadier had a nervous breakdown. He was then fired from the force. Thenadier then found Marty Aceford. Jean's son. Marty was starving and poor after the family fire and stole a loaf of bread. Thenadier arrested Marty, still obsessed about Marty's father's escape, Thenadier got his badge back to wotk for Caryl. Thenadier put Marty to work at the same quarry his father was assigned to. Then Marty escaped to the Nexus. Thenadier was fired once again due to losing a second prisoner. Thenadier was bent on finding Marty and to this day chases him. Badge or no badge.
    Miscellaneous: Thenadier can sing as well. He sang this song after losing Marty Aceford:
    Spoiler

He places his cane back to the floor. Hello.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-01-25 at 08:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Troll in the Playground

Timeline - Moffrule
    Location - Front Door

"How did you know I was standing here peering through the peephole?" Moff asks.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

Front door

I have my sources.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Troll in the Playground

Timeline - Moffrule
    Location - Front door

"What do you want?" Moff asks, through the still closed and locked door. Thernardier isn't really ugly, if he shaved, but he's far from being a hottie.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Door

I would like to hire someone. I pay well. At least let me in.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Troll in the Playground

Front Door - Moff Timeline

Thernardier will hear laughing. "Hire someone? For... work? That is not the way of the Moff. We do not believe in work."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

Front

I wish to join, then! Thenadier taps his cane impatiently

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Troll in the Playground

Front Door - Moff Timeline

"Did you read the sign? Hotties only. You, I fear, are a Nottie. Good day, Sir." Thernardier will hear the sound of footsteps stomping away from the door.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

Front gate

Thenadier sighs and touches his ring. He suddenly appears to be a rather attractive human woman. He fakes leaving. 10 minutes later s/he knocks on the door.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

Moff Timeline
    Front Door

That might have worked except for to things:

1) Moff 101 stomped up to the Security Room and watched the shapechange happen on camera.

2) All of the Moffs are gay.

No Moff answers the door.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Door

Thenadier runs into the door several times.

Thenadier walks away.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room - Yeah.... eh whatever Time thingy]

The brow goes down as she mentiones the tricks sounds rather normal. And yes he is a normal human and her coming closer is going to increase the heat. Not sure if it's pleasure or preparations for fighting. When she asks him about the timing his expression looks amused .

"That's like asking a high mage if he can do some conjurer's tricks."

And then he looks at her shocked and confused.

"Why by the nine curses do you want to swallow an explosiv?"
    [Main Room - Research Paper + Calculus-Induced Temporal Vortex to the Past a.k.a. TIME PARADOX!!!]

Clarissa shrugs, gradually attempting to (absent-mindedly) lower herself onto Zefir's lap. WARMTH! Nothing shall keep Clarissa from it! It is one of her favorite things about this physical life!

"It's not that I feel a particular inclination to swallow explosive devices. That's not the specialty of my OCD. It's just that, out of respect to yourself, I wouldn't want you going toe-to-toe with any dragon without being first trained. I'm likely the best creature available to train with, by that logic, as I can simulate the physical and psychological traits of a dragon while maintaining the rational portion of my mind. Therefore, I pose the least amount of threat maximizing the cost-benefit ratio of this exercise."

"In other words, I'm considerably less likely to eat you than the alternative."

"I don't want you to come to any harm."

Clarissa winks and smiles tenderly! The reason that Clarissa doesn't want Zefir to come to harm is left to his interpretation! In reality, Clarissa considers Zefir a member of her social grouping or pack. Pack members are supposed to help out one another and watch over their progress in the role they have decided to play.

It should be fairly clear that Clarissa isn't preparing to fight Zefir yet. She'd need to assume her dragon form. The Main Room isn't fit to accommodate such magnificence...or her size.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Main Room - Yeah come on can't we just say this is in another time line and since it ends soon we won't have to make more Location jokes]

Zefir thinks a bit, indeed this is simple logic. Having a testing/trainings situation under controlled conditions is common. He uses such a thing as well for is bombs, even if the testing units are henchman. And also he doesn't understand it as a sign she loves him. Sadly most of my chars don't think any femal woman loves them due to more bad then good experience. He just sees it as 'He will soon care about something which is very valuable for her' thing. He starts nodding.

"Indeed, such a test situation would be very welcome. And I think you aren't common with real master of explosives. We don't have only bombs who explode in a big fire. The range of different bombs is as wide as the range of different spells may be. For example I have these flashbangs they are made to disorient the enemys by 'damaging' there view and hearing. It all depends on the situation."

He would continue and tell her many different kinds of bombs, but for now he thinks she isn't in the mood for such 'teaching'.

"I think the best way would be to go Outside, using a farm or a gravel pit."

Actually the main room is big enougth to hold a full grown blue dragon in it without problems, so this won't normally be the problem.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room - Time Para- The Past]

The Main Room has indeed proven itself able to contain a fully-grown blue dragon...of Gordon's species.

Clarissa as a dragon... The word enormous doesn't do her justice. She might still find the Main Room cramped and confined.

"I don't want to swallow a flashbang, a plasma, or a tear gas grenade."

Clarissa resolutely declares. It certainly wouldn't feel very good at all.

"We could just head out into the front yard. That area is big enough for training of these proportions."

Clarissa suggests. She doesn't know of any gravel pits in Outside. She does know of the location of a couple of farms, but she is saving the people and animals living there for a special occasion.

15. - Top - End - #1455

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

The Main Room has indeed proven itself able to contain a fully-grown blue dragon...of Gordon's species.

Clarissa as a dragon... The word enormous doesn't do her justice. She might still find the Main Room cramped and confined.

"I don't want to swallow a flashbang, a plasma, or a tear gas grenade."

Clarissa resolutely declares. It certainly wouldn't feel very good at all.

"We could just head out into the front yard. That area is big enough for training of these proportions."

Clarissa suggests. She doesn't know of any gravel pits in Outside. She does know of the location of a couple of farms, but she is saving the people and animals living there for a special occasion.

"The problem is actually I don't have dummy bombs. They aren't usefull if it comes to a fight and actually the nexus seems to have more fights then you could imagine. Also I doupt the front yard would fit. Most of the other members here are a bit crazy and I don't want to risk them hurting you. Wecould go to [Gravel Pit Explosion testing area] I used that ground many times and it should fit whatever you planed."

Yeah the problem with the bombs if she really wants him to make some dummy bombs he would need some time.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room - The Past]

Well, that's quite the obnoxious quandary. What can Clarissa get her ferocious little mitts on that simulate the weight and shape of an explosive contraption to some extent? ... Eureka!

Clarissa jolts upward to a sitting position, swings her legs over the side of the couch, hops to her feet, and zooms off into the kitchen! Before a normal person could have the time to blink, she has returned, arms loaded with aluminum soda bottles! They'll work fine, right?

"Are you sure that it'd be better to practice there? The best that most of the villains here could do to me is give me a headache."

Clarissa flashes her jagged in a foreboding yet jolly grin!

"Or a tummy ache, but in my current station, everyone is off-limits."

That's probably why Clarissa is usually so darn meek in this thread. If she gets all aggressive and huffy, she may well end up doing something she might soon regret.

She lacks control over her impulses, for the most part.

If Zefir once again replies that he'd prefer that they trained at [Gravel Pit Explosion testing area], she'll follow him there without further conversation, though some shall probably occur en route to the location.

17. - Top - End - #1457

[Main Room - The Past]

"I don't only worry about you, i worry about myself as well." he mumbels.

After all he wouldn't go on discussing with her since she seems much to powerfull for that. He just rais an eyebrow.

"You know if you had problems with flashbangs these wouldn't be much better for you."

He sights since he really don't want to waste material, but better have the right things in hand befo handling with improvised things.

"Just give me a minute we can met outside I just prepare the dummies."

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room - The Past]

Wouldn't using dummies be considerably less wasteful than using the real thing? There's no fuse or primer or explosive/incapacitating agent inside of dummies. They're basically standard explosive casings.

Clarissa nods in responds to Zefir's comments. After he leaves for his workstation, she'll scarf down the soda cans she has amassed. What other purpose would she have for them? Recycling you say?

Maybe that would have been a good idea...

Regardless, Zefir shall find a veeeeery energetic, hyper Clarissa waiting for him outside the base when he returns to go train!

19. - Top - End - #1459

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Main Room - The Past]

Wouldn't using dummies be considerably less wasteful than using the real thing? There's no fuse or primer or explosive/incapacitating agent inside of dummies. They're basically standard explosive casings.

Clarissa nods in responds to Zefir's comments. After he leaves for his workstation, she'll scarf down the soda cans she has amassed. What other purpose would she have for them? Recycling you say?

Maybe that would have been a good idea...

Regardless, Zefir shall find a veeeeery energetic, hyper Clarissa waiting for him outside the base when he returns to go train!
    [Main Room - The Past and in the Yard outside I think.]

Not if you take his meaning of Dummy, which means a bomb working as a normal, but having no real effect other then maybe noise or color. Otherwise he could just grab a can of Nuke Cola and throw that. that's iat all something he sees as useless since you don't know if your timing was good.

After all he comes out with explosives mentioned above only sound versions since he knew she would swallow them.

"Ok I'm rea... Did you drink the whole soda alone?"

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Pixie in the Playground

[Right Outside of the Base Proper - The Past]

By the way Clarissa is bouncing up and down uncontrollably, I'd say that Zefir has correctly surmised just about everything that Clarissa did! She's absolutely jubilant! And energetic! And she's nodding with so much force that she may very will give herself a concussion!

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! I drank all of it! All by myself! Aren't you proud of me?"

Clarissa smiles pleasantly at Zefir as she slowly begins to sidle on over to him with mock-coy style and swagger.

"I've been wondering about you!"

"Have you ever kissed a girl before? Mothers and grandmothers and aunts and stuff don't count!"

21. - Top - End - #1461

[Right Outside of the Base Proper - The yesterday befor tomorrow]

"Proud isn't the word I got in mind."

In fact when she is really more a waterball then a human beeing anymore he really has the word ugly or holy**** in mind. If I imagine her right zefir is more likly to keep distance. not only cause of her appereance, also because he fears she might roll over him and kill him. Another thing makes him worry as well. 'befor'? That sounds like he is going to do it now. Aren't they here to train something.

"I'm not sure why this is important now?"

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Pixie in the Playground

[Right Outside of the Base Proper - The Past - It Is Very Punny]

Nope! That's nowhere near accurate! Clarissa doesn't bloat up like a hot air balloon due to ingesting all of the sodas in a single go. Why? Because her metabolism is off the charts. Her recovery time from eating henchmen is nothing. She is just as thin, shapely, and trim as she was before.

Think of her like the deadly, more powerful sister of Kirby who randomly resides in the Nexus for some unknown reason. That's basically what she is! She has more control over what her body turns into, though!

"Oh, just wondering."

Clarissa slyly announces, rolling her eyes in a knowledgeable manner. She's now well-aware of Zefir's condition. He hasn't kissed a girl, yet! She's going to have to set him up with someone nice...

They better be a half-decent kisser too. She'll have to test them for that.

Oh well! It isn't like Clarissa has anything better to do. Gordon isn't big on assigning people tasks to complete, based on her experience.

Which reminds her...

She's going to have to track down Prometheus sooner or later here.

That won't be fun. He'll be all stuck up and "Blah!", as usual.

Clarissa sighs.

"Let's start training, then."

Clarissa, without hesitation, now moves to slowly, tauntingly, and teasingly peel off her business jacket. She doesn't want to rip it when she grows exponentially in the next minute or so.

23. - Top - End - #1463

[Right Outside of the Base Proper - The Past , but if time would go around in a circuit it's the future]

Well ok if she might know more about his past she would say nice reason, but Zefir never said he didn't. He isn't a stereotype, hopefully.

Zefir waits now he has no special pose or anything, but he waits for the worst.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Pixie in the Playground

[Outside Main Base - Past - Pre- All Your Base Are Belong to Moff]

If that is the case, then Zefir shall receive only the most terrifying dragon in the cosmos to train against! Beside her, Gordon would be a mere flea! A pest to be eradicated! A wimpy, tiny little baby of a lizard! A tame pet by comparison!

... Fine. Maybe I am exaggerating...

Either way, Clarissa will glimmer with blinding, bright, vivid, swirl violet light! In the time that it would take for someone to take a step toward her, there the dragon stands!

Clarissa, in her dragon form, would dwarf an generations-old (stunted) tree. She's wider than a (dinky) freight truck and at least as twice as sturdy (as a cheap apc), supposedly. Her maw could likely accommodate a (extremely) small car. Her pointy, pretty, purple scales form intricate patterns of different tones and hues interspersed throughout her outer layer, decorating her body and supporting her truthfully majestic, regal appearance.

She seems quite pleased with the way Zefir is regaling her. It is not often that she sees use of this form. This is namely due to the fact that it relies too heavily on biomass that she generally doesn't have available in fights. Her diet supplies her with a well of biomass to draw from, mind you, but that depot is elsewhere and is designated as a "Only Use In Severely Bad Tests of Your Essence" material. She can't make herself larger without massive amounts of preparation time, is basically what I'm trying to get at. The exception to this rule occurs only when fresh corpses are in the area.

So she can do this sort of thing outside of conflict and disputed zones. In combat it would take too much time, effort, and miscellaneous resources to be worthwhile.

Clarissa cranes her immense neck down to hover over Zefir as she speaks to him. The incredibly potent scent of wintermint lingers on her breath as she opens her mouth, flaunting row upon row of "pearly pikes" (teeth).

She attempts to mutter something with her gaping, cavernous mouth open! The vowels and consonants of her speech are no longer well formed or elegant (not even eloquent, for that matter).

"Let's see if you can toss one into here."
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-02-04 at 11:30 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1465

[Outside Main Base - Past ]

Befor she even ends her sentence Zefir throws one of the dummi grenades into her moth most likyly assuming the talking will leave the mouth open for a bit. The throw is precise and good in timeing.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Pixie in the Playground

[Outside the Main Base - Not Now]

Wow! Such gall! Such unabashed recklessness! This is an effrontery to good sportsmanship! Clarissa demands a rematch!

Not really. Clarissa is okay with the preemptive strike.

Well, she will be, once she dislodges it from her throat.

The dummy grenade arcs straight into Clarissa's mouth, possibly sucked into her throat faster thanks to her breathing patterns. Her speech suddenly cuts out as she recoils backward, involuntarily swallowing hard as a reflex and coughing shortly thereafter.

The noise which the grenade releases when it detonates can likely echo up and out of Clarissa's great jaw. This will probably result in Clarissa impulsively wincing.

"Hey! That's cheating! I wasn't ready for that. I was going to roar and you were supposed to chuck it in then! Not while I was speaking!"

Clarissa complains!

Zefir could probably send another dummy grenade Clarissa's way right this instant. That might be enough to tick her off, though.

Instead, if he waits, Clarissa will bend her head down so that it is nearly level with Zefir and roar ferociously! The force behind it makes it seem like a strong gust of moist, hot wind! It isn't enough to knock someone off of his or her feet, but it is power-packed. The word intimidating might be a good word to describe it with.

Hurry! Find a way to use that grenade against Clarissa, Zefir!

27. - Top - End - #1467

[Outside the Main Base - Not Now, as well]

"Hey you should have told that befor. It's a reflex for me to do this."

Evil mages transforming or summoning big monsters. COMMON! She also may notice that he just stoped in another try to throw one in while she was speaking.

When she comes down to Zefir,he has a good image of her mouth and when she goes to open it. He watched her while speaking. Just the moment befor she opens her mouth he throws another dummy.

She also may not see it, but Zefir is also manipulating the air around the bomb, causing it to ignore part of the breath. This should make the grenade less effected by the breath. The throw is again very precise, after all his life was often bound to such a throw a mistake could cost him his life. And the conditions right now aren't so bad, even if the breath cause him to cover his face with one hand.

28. - Top - End - #1468

Outside the Base- Moffocracy

Thorium, LIN and HK probably arrive about now, Thorium leading the way to the door and knocking sharply to get the attention of whoever's still inside.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Troll in the Playground

Front Door - Moffocracy

They'll all see the sign about being under new management and hotties only.

Moff 101 peers out the peephole to see if anyone outside is a hottie.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Door - Moffocracy

A pale elf with black hair fixes his sharp looking black suit before walking towards the entrance, ignoring the others. He smiles slightly when he sees the sign, but internally he's cursing his sister, a pair of mages, and at least a few other of his co-workers.

"Hello Moffs! I heard you're looking for a few hotties?!?"
    Taul shouts.