New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 6

[Night Jewel, Near Simmer]

Once Night Jewel figured out that her nightmare wasn't real, she chuckled. "Okay, Simmer, I know you said not to laugh at you, but may I laugh at your strategies instead? Are you trying to conquer us or entertain us?"

Then she realized that she'd given away her position, and darted for another rooftop.

[Flower Tail]

Meanwhile, Flower Tail was still struggling with the math test. One problem the other unicorn had given her turned out to be a trick question due to the nonexistence of certain methods of transportation in Equestria, and that was one of the relatively easy ones. She hadn't even tried to touch the unicorn or her paper.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 6

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Quaver, meanwhile, had decided to set up shop in the reference end of the library, picking out some choice books on musical history and theory. Of course, the point of coming here was to relax, not work, so she periodically found herself trotting back to the fiction section for a browse. She'd flick through a copy of some of her favourite adventure stories; Mare Do Well, Daring Do and the like, remembering or re-reading some snippits and highlights, before returning them to their shelves.

In fact, true to her word, the only section she pretty much ignored at this point was the romance section.
    Smoothie, taking a break from everything since her brain was growing a bit overloaded, decided to take a break.

Which is when she comes across Quaver, probably in the Fantasy Section.

"Hello, welcome to the library. I don't believe I've seen you before. Would you like me to make you a card?" she asks in a somewhat business-like tone, and makes sure she's rather quiet when she does so.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Oh my...." A volunteer MEEP earth pony uttered with a small smile as she pat the unicorns bump gently. "Its best we get this one an ice pack for the swelling."
    Sandy giggled and playfully swatted at the mare's hooves. "Hey now, that there tickles!"

"Ma'am..we don't have ice packs, we do though have the cold water bottles," A random MEEP pony replied.

"That will do fine," She said as the other pony then tossed her a water bottle. Afterward, the earth pony got a clean washcloth wrapping it around the cold bottle. She turned to Sandy smiling.

"I'm going to need you to lay down on the cot and keep this on your head, you've managed to acquire yourself a nasty little bump," She told him.
    Sandy took the bottle, looking it over with a slight frown. "Ah don't know if mah horn'll get along with this one. He seems awful cold, an' horn-buddy likes a good chat..." He plopped down on the cot, passing the bottle between all four of his hooves and never once taking his wondering eyes off it.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy giggled and playfully swatted at the mare's hooves. "Hey now, that there tickles!"

Sandy took the bottle, looking it over with a slight frown. "Ah don't know if mah horn'll get along with this one. He seems awful cold, an' horn-buddy likes a good chat..." He plopped down on the cot, passing the bottle between all four of his hooves and never once taking his wondering eyes off it.
    A wild Hover Heart appears. "Cold? You don't know cold. You don't know the icy reality of being aa little filly in the crazy mixed up world." MEEP was using the gloomy filly to keep the water cold.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Smoothie, taking a break from everything since her brain was growing a bit overloaded, decided to take a break.

Which is when she comes across Quaver, probably in the Fantasy Section.

"Hello, welcome to the library. I don't believe I've seen you before. Would you like me to make you a card?" she asks in a somewhat business-like tone, and makes sure she's rather quiet when she does so.
    "Oh hello." Quaver replied, surprised at the presence of yet another pony in the library. "No we haven't met before. Quaver Rest" She introduced herself, offering a hoof to the other pony to shake.

"I only just arrived in town yesterday. Would that be a problem in getting a library card?"

(Snoozing for next few hours)

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ooh a traveler...kinda like when ponies decide to be lazy in their costumes and say they're going as hobos? Aaaah. Anyhoof, my name is Cloud, Cloud Chaser,"
    The zombie foal said fixing her mane.
    "Cloud Chaser, eh? That's a nice name. Well then, Cloud Chaser; you know where a hungry colt like myself could get something to eat?"

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Troll in the Playground

"Your "horn" will get along just fine, now just keep the wrapped bottle over it, and try to get some sleep in a bit," The MEEP earth pony said in a pleasant bedside manner way.

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    A wild Hover Heart appears. "Cold? You don't know cold. You don't know the icy reality of being aa little filly in the crazy mixed up world." MEEP was using the gloomy filly to keep the water cold.
    Well that and a unicorn using a minor cold spell to keep them cold. "Miss, now that's not the kind of bed side manner we went over." The MEEP earth pony chided gently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    "Cloud Chaser, eh? That's a nice name. Well then, Cloud Chaser; you know where a hungry colt like myself could get something to eat?"

"There's a line over there, with ponies, where at the front they're serving oatmeal and pancakes,"
    She pointed to the 'over there' with a hoof.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, thanks, Cloudy!" Candles pats her on the head again, stands, and gets in line. "At least I'll feel better about things after I get a food in my belly..."

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    "Well, thanks, Cloudy!" Candles pats her on the head again, stands, and gets in line. "At least I'll feel better about things after I get a food in my belly..."
    Cloud scrunched her muzzle when he called her 'Cloudy', now she knew how her brother felt when she called him Sparky, ah well, wasn't going to deter her anyway. She watched Candles get into line as she stayed where she was at and dug into her bowl of oatmeal snout first, of course.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ettin in the Playground

"Of course, my lady,"
    He did a little bow and led his lady love back to the section of the library they had decided to search through the night before.
    And so they continued their study of Shimmer. Or rather it seemed they were studying more about the history of the pony who became Shimmer now.

(If there's no more objection, I'm going to just lift the history wholesale from sildra's post.)

She lifted up her head from her bowl of oatmeal, licking off the oats that got stuck around her muzzle and looked at where Silverpine was possibly gesturing. "I think that is.......oh dear...seems like something's wrong.."
    "Think we should take a look?" Sliverpine said, craning his neck to get a glimpse on where they took Sandy to.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Troll in the Playground

*coerces you to swipe*

Fox Trot

He assisted, and by assisted I mean he started reading a book on Simmer/Gallant Garion but soon found himself distracted with reading an old periodical about music and dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Think we should take a look?" Sliverpine said, craning his neck to get a glimpse on where they took Sandy to.

"Yea...he is our dear friend after all,"
    She said standing up and picked up her bowl in her mouth. Heck, she wasn't going to let them go to waste.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-02-22 at 10:00 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hover

"Fine. I'll do it your way. Keeping them on a hopeless state of optimistic illusion and dark white fantasy.
    gloomed the filly. "You'll be okay, Mister."

Grills

With Sandy taken care of, Grills was free to search for Simmer. It was still scary so he decided to waste time with a powerful friend for a while. So he teleported away.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Pixie in the Playground

Both Fireflower and Night Jewel would have this happen to them:

"It may only be an illusion, but it served its purpose to distract you."

And there he was, muzzle right in front of their own, malicious grin and haughty laugh right behind the little speech.

"Boo!"

And he would shoulder them heavily...VERY heavily, to the ground, and attempt to pin them with his incredible weight and sheer size. This part of the veil was definitely real, because they weren't passing through this one.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

"Your "horn" will get along just fine, now just keep the wrapped bottle over it, and try to get some sleep in a bit," The MEEP earth pony said in a pleasant bedside manner way.
    "Okay Ma'am..." Sandy hesitantly leaned the bottle against his head.

A wild Hover Heart appears. "Cold? You don't know cold. You don't know the icy reality of being a little filly in the crazy mixed up world." MEEP was using the gloomy filly to keep the water cold.
    He tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Uh, ah'm goin' t'go with...false. Yep, false. Think ah've heard that one before."

Hover

"Fine. I'll do it your way. Keeping them on a hopeless state of optimistic illusion and dark white fantasy.
    gloomed the filly. "You'll be okay, Mister."
    Sandy frowned and poked at the bottle. "Ah'm not worried about me, ah'm worried about horn-buddy." His poking accidentally tipped the bottle over away from his lump. "See? He's already grumpy."

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    "Oh hello." Quaver replied, surprised at the presence of yet another pony in the library. "No we haven't met before. Quaver Rest" She introduced herself, offering a hoof to the other pony to shake.

"I only just arrived in town yesterday. Would that be a problem in getting a library card?"

(Snoozing for next few hours)
    "I'm Smoothie. Current owner of this library." she says, shaking Quavers Hoof. "And no, it wouldn't be a problem at all." she says. Her horn starts glowing, and the big Rube Goldberg-esque library card creating machine starts up. Oddly, it's rather quiet. There's probably a few enchantments on it to make it so.

Her horn starts glowing again, and a library card for Quaver materializes into thin air. "Here you go, one library card." she says.

And so they continued their study of Shimmer. Or rather it seemed they were studying more about the history of the pony who became Shimmer now.

(If there's no more objection, I'm going to just lift the history wholesale from sildra's post.).
    I'd like to object to you calling him Shimmer since his name is Simmer.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Troll in the Playground

"Okay Ma'am..." Sandy hesitantly leaned the bottle against his head.

He tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Uh, ah'm goin' t'go with...false. Yep, false. Think ah've heard that one before."

Sandy frowned and poked at the bottle. "Ah'm not worried about me, ah'm worried about horn-buddy." His poking accidentally tipped the bottle over away from his lump. "See? He's already grumpy."
    "Put the bottle back on 'horn buddy'," The MEEP earth pony gently chastised though her expression read as stern. She then returned to making sure the two other ponies in here were alright, one of them got an anxiety attack from apparently being claustrophobic .

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post

And there he was, muzzle right in front of their own, malicious grin and haughty laugh right behind the little speech.

"Boo!"

And he would shoulder them heavily...VERY heavily, to the ground, and attempt to pin them with his incredible weight and sheer size. This part of the veil was definitely real, because they weren't passing through this one.
    Since Night Jewel was kind of on a roof, attempting to shove and pin her to the ground could be dangerous. And since she was a "rat", the danger was more to the pony making the attempt.

She took advantage of the shove and her small size, rolling with the impact so as to carry her over the edge of the roof. After a short fall, she caught the top of an open window and swung through, then slid to a stop inside.

"Simmer, I've got some advice for you. First, never make fun of somepony's mistake if you're just going to make it yourself. Second, never try to sneak up on the sneaky."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

"Put the bottle back on 'horn buddy'," The MEEP earth pony gently chastised though her expression read as stern. She then returned to making sure the two other ponies in here were alright, one of them got an anxiety attack from apparently being claustrophobic .
    Sandy sulked, but put the bottle back. "Just take it easy there, horn-buddy. Ya'll can talk t'me if you want, okay?"

"...that weren't very polite, horn-buddy.""

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post

"Boo!"

Being the old pony she is, Fireflower struggles under the weight of the large veil.

Although she couldnt get up, she ss in melee range. Her back left hoof bucks up with force. It is still charged with lightning and the movement spreads it across the area in a sharp arc.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "I'm Smoothie. Current owner of this library." she says, shaking Quavers Hoof. "And no, it wouldn't be a problem at all." she says. Her horn starts glowing, and the big Rube Goldberg-esque library card creating machine starts up. Oddly, it's rather quiet. There's probably a few enchantments on it to make it so.

Her horn starts glowing again, and a library card for Quaver materializes into thin air. "Here you go, one library card." she says.
    "Thanks." Quaver said, taking the library card and popping it into her shopping bag. "I've met Icy, so are there any other library staff around I should be aware of?"

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ettin in the Playground

*coerces you to swipe*

Fox Trot

He assisted, and by assisted I mean he started reading a book on Simmer/Gallant Garion but soon found himself distracted with reading an old periodical about music and dance.
    Icy meanwhile was pretty much focused on the task on hand. So begins her study on the life of a certain Gallant Garion.

"Yea...he is our dear friend after all,"
    She said standing up and picked up her bowl in her mouth. Heck, she wasn't going to let them go to waste.
    "Mmm," Sliverpine said, his mouth still working to reduce the oatmeal in his mouth to manageable chunks. He gestured for Gear to move on, while the pegasus took the opportunity to spread his wings and fly over to wherever Sandy is.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride nodded and trotted in the direction she saw them taking Sandy, into apparently the Commons room.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmm," Sliverpine said, his mouth still working to reduce the oatmeal in his mouth to manageable chunks. He gestured for Gear to move on, while the pegasus took the opportunity to spread his wings and fly over to wherever Sandy is.
    Gearstride nodded and trotted in the direction she saw them taking Sandy, into apparently the Commons room.
    They'd find Sandy having an animated discussion with the lump on his head. "Now, ah never said that at all, yer twistin' my words frontwise again-"

"Sorry, sorry, ah didn't mean it like that, just calm down now."

"Lookie here, horn-buddy, there's no need t'get uncivil. Ah'm just sayin' if you give Mister Bottle a chance, y'might get along better. Y'might even make a new friend-"

"What?! This ain't even like the time with the fudge...low blow horn-buddy. Low blow."

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Troll in the Playground

They'd find Sandy having an animated discussion with the lump on his head. "Now, ah never said that at all, yer twistin' my words frontwise again-"

"Lookie here, horn-buddy, there's no need t'get uncivil. Ah'm just sayin' if you give Mister Bottle a chance, y'might get along better. Y'might even make a new friend-"

"What?! This ain't even like the time with the fudge...low blow horn-buddy. Low blow."

Gearstride walked into the Commons passing Hover recognizing her as the little foal who had asked for advice before. She patted her mane with a 'heya kid' between teeth holding her bowl.

She placed the bowl on the a small table and eyed Sandy. "Wow....that's a nasty bump ya have Sandy mah boy....Also........were you just talking to yourself?" She lopsidedly smiled in minor confusion as she sat on her haunches near the cot he was laying in.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ettin in the Playground

Gearstride walked into the Commons passing Hover recognizing her as the little foal who had asked for advice before. She patted her mane with a 'heya kid' between teeth holding her bowl.

She placed the bowl on the a small table and eyed Sandy. "Wow....that's a nasty bump ya have Sandy mah boy....Also........were you just talking to yourself?" She lopsidedly smiled in minor confusion as she sat on her haunches near the cot he was laying in.
    "I think that bump has something to do with it, Gear..." Sliverpine said dryly, hovering above the earth pony. He needed an excuse to practice using his wings anyway.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

"I think that bump has something to do with it, Gear..." Sliverpine said dryly, hovering above the earth pony. He needed an excuse to practice using his wings anyway.
    Sandy looked up, surprised to see his friends appear out of the blue. Literally. To him, everything beyond a few paces was solid blue. "Howdy ya'll!" he said and waved cheerfully. "Ah were just talkin' to mah horn; ah found 'em again this mornin'! Can you believe it?" He patted his bump proudly.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy looked up, surprised to see his friends appear out of the blue. Literally. To him, everything beyond a few paces was solid blue. "Howdy ya'll!" he said and waved cheerfully. "Ah were just talkin' to mah horn; ah found 'em again this mornin'! Can you believe it?" He patted his bump proudly.

"You do know..its actually just a bump on your head and not a horn?..."
    She questioned and placed her hoof on his bump. "Otherwise...geeze....that's one...uh...'compact' horn...like your height." She teased.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

"You do know..its actually just a bump on your head and not a horn?..."
    She questioned and placed her hoof on his bump. "Otherwise...geeze....that's one...uh...'compact' horn...like your height." She teased.
    As she bumped it, the water bottle fell over yet again. Sandy placed his hooves over his bump, as if to block it from hearing. "Awww, you made horn-buddy sad. An' he an' Mister Bottle were just gettin' t'be good buddies too..."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-02-23 at 12:33 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ettin in the Playground

As she bumped it, the water bottle fell over yet again. Sandy placed his hooves over his bump, as if to block it from hearing. "Awww, you made horn-buddy sad. An' he an' Mister Bottle were just gettin' t'be good buddies too..."
    "Sandy, I think you need to lie down and rest..." Sliverpine said, rolling his eyes. Whatever that hit him in the head, it was definitely a hard one.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride-Civic Center-Commons Room

"Yea Sandy, ya seem a little loopy there, out of it, uh...horn buddy probably wants you sleeping,"
    She lopsidedly smirked and flicked his bump.