New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: [FWM] One Life to Pony: MLP Without the Kiddy Thread 8

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    =============

"Orphanage gruel?"
    Ember asked giving Lochbed a questioning look.
    "Yea. This one lad, angry little fey, was insulted by a mean mare who headed an orphanage." She gulps down a few hooffuls of oatmeal before continuing. "The fella napped all the foals for changelings of his own and the wee buggers ripped her ta pieces." Lochbed chuckles throughout the last sentence. "The half fey gae me the gruel as a gift. Twas terrible. She deserved what she got."
    Last edited by Orzel; 2012-02-24 at 01:07 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Yea. This one lad, angry little fey, was insulted by a mean mare who headed an orphanage." She gulps down a few hooffuls of oatmeal before continuing. "The fella napped all the foals for changelings of his own and the wee buggers ripped her ta pieces." Lochbed chuckles throughout the last sentence. "The half fey gae me the gruel as a gift. Twas terrible. She deserved what she got."
    Ember just peered up from his bowl in speechless surprise, a slice of banana stuck on his muzzle. "I uh.."

"What did she apparently do exactly to deserve what she got? Aside from being mean,'
    Aubade asked conversationally without skipping a beat or looking nerved like Ember.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox Trot found himself taken out of his little fantasy world upon hearing her mention Esmeralda, right, her. He sighed and loosen his hold dropping his hooves to the side and nuzzled her muzzle.

"Yea...that....well...I wasn't referring to staying in here all day, but I guess I got what you mean, at least I think there was another meaning in there,"
    He wanly smiled and 'heh'd'.
    Icy grimaced as she mentally engaged with Esmeralda in a catfight that had sprung up for some unknown reason. "E-Excuse me, Fox. I believe I need to sort something out with Es here," she said, hurriedly getting up and making her way to the bathroom.

For the next ten minutes, there would be an eerie silence, except for the occasional running water.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Staccata's experience with those sort of open-ended hypothetical questions usually weren't pleasant. Most of the time they were of the 'it's your fault and you should feel bad variety'. She kind of sheepishly looks away.

"No I try not to think about that kind of thing."
    Tyrol felt a little awkward seeing Staccata like that. "Sorry, shouldn't have brought that up. Hm, why not we go out for a walk? I need to stop by the guard house anyway."
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-02-24 at 01:55 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Icy grimaced as she mentally engaged with Esmeralda in a catfight that had sprung up for some unknown reason. "E-Excuse me, Fox. I believe I need to sort something out with Es here," she said, hurriedly getting up and making her way to the bathroom.

For the next ten minutes, there would be an eerie silence, except for the occasional running water.

Fox just blinked in minor surprise with a raised brow. "Oh...uh..okay," He said just before she left the room. It felt uncomfortably cold now over his chest and belly as he sighed curling up with a blanket.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ember just peered up from his bowl in speechless surprise, a slice of banana stuck on his muzzle. "I uh.."

"What did she apparently do exactly to deserve what she got? Aside from being mean,'
    Aubade asked conversationally without skipping a beat or looking nerved like Ember.
    "according to the pucca, some bad things. She was abusive to the poor foals and to the forearm beast. Claims of brutality and wickedness. The foal were napped out of pity and replaced with half fey. An unshackled changeling doesn't take to abuse as kindly and a true pony nor true fey."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tyrol felt a little awkward seeing Staccata like that. "Sorry, shouldn't have brought that up. Hm, why not we go out for a walk? I need to stop by the guard house anyway."
    Not meaning to be a sudden downer, Staccata walks over to Tyrol and gives the stallion a little nuzzle. "Let's."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Troll in the Playground

"according to the pucca, some bad things. She was abusive to the poor foals and to the forearm beast. Claims of brutality and wickedness. The foal were napped out of pity and replaced with half fey. An unshackled changeling doesn't take to abuse as kindly and a true pony nor true fey."

"Well the wicked do deserve to be punished, justice served, etc,"
    Aubade nodded with her head and drank her tea. Ember was still trying to wrap his brain around Lochbed's tale, but he did agree about the wicked to be punished, justice served thing. He at his oatmeal in silence and thought.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox just blinked in minor surprise with a raised brow. "Oh...uh..okay," He said just before she left the room. It felt uncomfortably cold now over his chest and belly as he sighed curling up with a blanket.
    When Icy re-emerged, she seemed more than a little hassled, a slight twitch in her left eye. "Nngh... I hate having to refight to this mental battle..." she said, putting a hoof to her forehead.

Not meaning to be a sudden downer, Staccata walks over to Tyrol and gives the stallion a little nuzzle. "Let's."
    Tyrol smiled a small smile and nuzzled back. He decided to forgo his guard uniform today and led Staccata out, making their way towards the guard house.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Troll in the Playground

When Icy re-emerged, she seemed more than a little hassled, a slight twitch in her left eye. "Nngh... I hate having to refight to this mental battle..." she said, putting a hoof to her forehead.

"Oh babe..."
    He lopsidedly smiled and shook his head after propping himself up from under the covers. He gestured for her to come lay down, well really he just wanted any reason to embrace her. "I'm sorry you have to put up...with it. I still will maintain my promise though...and then...you won't have to deal with that anymore."

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh babe..."
    He lopsidedly smiled and shook his head after propping himself up from under the covers. He gestured for her to come lay down, well really he just wanted any reason to embrace her. "I'm sorry you have to put up...with it. I still will maintain my promise though...and then...you won't have to deal with that anymore."
    Icy flopped on the bed with a sigh, still nursing her poor headache. She snuggled into Fox's embrace, grateful for the offer.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Troll in the Playground

Icy flopped on the bed with a sigh, still nursing her poor headache. She snuggled into Fox's embrace, grateful for the offer.
    He softly kissed her muzzle as she snuggled into his embrace. "How can I help to make your headache go away right now?"

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Well the wicked do deserve to be punished, justice served, etc,"
    Aubade nodded with her head and drank her tea. Ember was still trying to wrap his brain around Lochbed's tale, but he did agree about the wicked to be punished, justice served thing. He at his oatmeal in silence and thought.
    "Pony justice. Most ye ponies don't get fey justice. Typically because we fey prefer suffering rather than point by point reciprocation." muses aloud the fey as she finishes a hoofful of oatmeal. "So quiet are ye, my coltfriend. Do ye require some entertainment?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Troll in the Playground

"Pony justice. Most ye ponies don't get fey justice. Typically because we fey prefer suffering rather than point by point reciprocation." muses aloud the fey as she finishes a hoofful of oatmeal. "So quiet are ye, my coltfriend. Do ye require some entertainment?"

"What? I mean...no, I'm okay,"
    He said after quickly swallowing his food and washing it down with tea. Aubade just watched with an amused expression.

14. - Top - End - #1094

Tyrol smiled a small smile and nuzzled back. He decided to forgo his guard uniform today and led Staccata out, making their way towards the guard house.
    Staccata follows along closely, only maintaining a more appropriate/professional distance once they're near the guardhouse. Mostly to maintain a bit of appearance considering that Tyrol's supposed to be a bodyguard or something right now.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"What? I mean...no, I'm okay,"
    He said after quickly swallowing his food and washing it down with tea. Aubade just watched with an amused expression.
    "Really? Oh. Well Ah've eaten enough. Ah must moisturize in the bathtub. Ye can join me if ye want, Ah need somefe- pony to wash my mane." She pushed the mostly empty bowl away and sighs. "Delicious meal, Aubade."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Troll in the Playground

"Really? Oh. Well Ah've eaten enough. Ah must moisturize in the bathtub. Ye can join me if ye want, Ah need somefe- pony to wash my mane." She pushed the mostly empty bowl away and sighs. "Delicious meal, Aubade."
    Ember blushed and tried to busy himself with eating the rest of his bowl of fruity oatmeal. "Its okay...I'm...I'm still fresh from last night's bath...but I'm sure Aubade would be up to the task of washing your mane, she's really good at that."

"Well, if Miss Lochbed desires so, I will wash her mane,"
    Aubade nods and proceeds to take Aubade's bowl, her own empty bowl to the sink. Ember finishes his bowl as Aubade passed by and took that one too. "I will draw your bath in a moment."

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ember blushed and tried to busy himself with eating the rest of his bowl of fruity oatmeal. "Its okay...I'm...I'm still fresh from last night's bath...but I'm sure Aubade would be up to the task of washing your mane, she's really good at that."

"Well, if Miss Lochbed desires so, I will wash her mane,"
    Aubade nods and proceeds to take Aubade's bowl, her own empty bowl to the sink. Ember finishes his bowl as Aubade passed by and took that one too. "I will draw your bath in a moment."
    "Do hurry. I am getting so dry." she says why falling back dramatically onto Ember. The act was broken by giggling.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Troll in the Playground

"Do hurry. I am getting so dry." she says why falling back dramatically onto Ember. The act was broken by giggling.

"Yes, very well,"
    Aubade nodded and hovered out the kitchen. As for Ember, he was most definitely not expecting Lochbed to fall onto him.

"Waaah...oopmmmf..!"
    He yelped as lost his balance as his fore legs instinctively wrapped around Lochbed. He fell on his haunches. "Ow."

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ettin in the Playground

He softly kissed her muzzle as she snuggled into his embrace. "How can I help to make your headache go away right now?"
    "Let's... just stay like this awhile..." Icy said, smiling tiredly. For a moment there, it looked like the entirety of the situation was weighting on her, the icy mare's shoulders sagging slightly. Then just as suddenly it was gone, replaced by the proud poise she always held.

Staccata follows along closely, only maintaining a more appropriate/professional distance once they're near the guardhouse. Mostly to maintain a bit of appearance considering that Tyrol's supposed to be a bodyguard or something right now.
    The two were greeted enthusiastically by the receptionist. "Hey, Tyrol. Glad to see you back on your feet!"

"You and me both. Has the Captain arrived yet?"

"Nope. He went to visit the mayor for some such or something. I dunno. He did say under no circumstances, you were allowed to step into the guardhouse."

"..."

"His exact words. Something about making sure the stallion foolish enough to take on a dragon get enough rest. With a lot of swearing on the side about you disobeying orders, but you know the captain." The guard winked at the two.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Troll in the Playground

"Let's... just stay like this awhile..." Icy said, smiling tiredly. For a moment there, it looked like the entirety of the situation was weighting on her, the icy mare's shoulders sagging slightly. Then just as suddenly it was gone, replaced by the proud poise she always held.
    He felt the differences in her her body shifts and shoulders, but nonetheless hugged her tighter anyway. He softly nuzzled her cheek, and then, just laid there for some time.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    She nods and focuses her normally-reserved-for-lie-detection-stare on Blades, barely blinking and watching every move to make sure she commits it to memory...and gets it right.
    After a bit of pounding, the hilt began to take shape, and Blades noticed Arvadraa's intense attention. "Ah, ya're learnin'! Good! Ya'd never have learned anything by ignorin' what ya were learnin', would ya! Do ya have any questions about anything?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    After a bit of pounding, the hilt began to take shape, and Blades noticed Arvadraa's intense attention. "Ah, ya're learnin'! Good! Ya'd never have learned anything by ignorin' what ya were learnin', would ya! Do ya have any questions about anything?"
    "Yes, actually. Does the force make a difference in shape? And also...is it possibly to simply pour melted metal into some sort of heat-resistant shape-maker so that it automatically turns into a blade when it cools and turns solid again? Or would that make it sub-average?"
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Yes, very well,"
    Aubade nodded and hovered out the kitchen. As for Ember, he was most definitely not expecting Lochbed to fall onto him.

"Waaah...oopmmmf..!"
    He yelped as lost his balance as his fore legs instinctively wrapped around Lochbed. He fell on his haunches. "Ow."
    Lochbed looks up and licks the stallion-colt. "Very attentive. Living up to your promise. Don't forget me when we are trapped in a monster invasion."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Troll in the Playground

Lochbed looks up and licks the stallion-colt. "Very attentive. Living up to your promise. Don't forget me when we are trapped in a monster invasion."
    "...What.." He awkwardly smiled with his usual light blush not sure what to make of that comment. Perhaps playing along would help. "I mean...well of course...that wouldn't be very coltfriend of me if I forgot about you in such a scenario."

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"...What.." He awkwardly smiled with his usual light blush not sure what to make of that comment. Perhaps playing along would help. "I mean...well of course...that wouldn't be very coltfriend of me if I forgot about you in such a scenario."
    Lochbed chuckles haughtily as she waited for her bath. "Oh. Save me from the giants and beasts, Ember. Don't let them eviscerate me."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

Lochbed chuckles haughtily as she waited for her bath. "Oh. Save me from the giants and beasts, Ember. Don't let them eviscerate me."
    He furrowed his brows and raised a brow. "Wha wha..uh...o-of course Lochbed....never fear..." He forced a cheesy grin on his face and brushed back a strand of her mane behind her face. "I...won't let them."

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Yes, actually. Does the force make a difference in shape? And also...is it possibly to simply pour melted metal into some sort of heat-resistant shape-maker so that it automatically turns into a blade when it cools and turns solid again? Or would that make it sub-average?"
    Blades laughed. "Girl, ya've got the basic idea of iron castin' right there! It's easy to do, 'n very good when ya want to make a lot of similar things. Still, ya need the moulds for it, 'n it doesn't quite have that personal touch. Some ponies prefer different kinds of weight 'n cuttin' style on their weapons, ya know, 'n ya can't make those variations with just one mould!

"As for yar other question, there's a mix of technical 'n intuitive to that. For the technical part, if ya don't work forcefully enough, ya won't be able to shape the metal, but if ya use too much force, ya might damage yar design. As for the intuitive part, ya need a bit of a feel for the metal ya're workin' with for best results, so follow yar instincts."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

28. - Top - End - #1108

The two were greeted enthusiastically by the receptionist. "Hey, Tyrol. Glad to see you back on your feet!"

"You and me both. Has the Captain arrived yet?"

"Nope. He went to visit the mayor for some such or something. I dunno. He did say under no circumstances, you were allowed to step into the guardhouse."

"..."

"His exact words. Something about making sure the stallion foolish enough to take on a dragon get enough rest. With a lot of swearing on the side about you disobeying orders, but you know the captain." The guard winked at the two.

"Well it wasn't a large dragon, and we could debate if anyone was really side-stepping orders,"
    Staccata calmly mused not putting in the 'but we should just be happy nopony's under arrest at the moment'.

"Did you say he was meeting with the mayor or the pony that runs the town?"
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

He furrowed his brows and raised a brow. "Wha wha..uh...o-of course Lochbed....never fear..." He forced a cheesy grin on his face and brushed back a strand of her mane behind her face. "I...won't let them."
    "How heroic. Ah hope ye are willing to keep that promise. Whatever ye do now, ye may repeat it again and again past each life." Lochbed says this cheerfully. She decides not to reveal anything now.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well it wasn't a large dragon, and we could debate if anyone was really side-stepping orders,"
    Staccata calmly mused not putting in the 'but we should just be happy nopony's under arrest at the moment'.

"Did you say he was meeting with the mayor or the pony that runs the town?"
    "Is there a difference?" The guard pony shrugged, not comphrending. "Anyway, off you go. I suppose you should do more guarding of your 'friend' here instead." Another wink.

Tyrol reddened visibly under his green coat, and mumbled something as he hastily pulled Staccata away and outside.

"So, um, what do we do now?"

The guard wasn't done however. His voice echoed out from the building. "Don't get frisky, you two!"

He felt the differences in her her body shifts and shoulders, but nonetheless hugged her tighter anyway. He softly nuzzled her cheek, and then, just laid there for some time.
    For how long? As long as narratively convenient, of course.

(Got anything else planned? If not I'll skip to having them go about their day later. Or we could RP out the rest, but I'll be slow.)
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-02-25 at 09:11 PM.