New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXIX: There is no Pegasus Mafia!

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Speaking of mysterious mysteries, why is this gem in my hand glowing? IT'S NOT MY TIME
    This gem in my hoof is burning red, it's loud roar tells me to grasp Friendship!! Erupting Burning HOOVES!!!

edit: pinkie'd

also, why do I see tranq darts as "thanq(ol) darts"? what does it even mean!!!
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2012-03-14 at 02:57 PM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

2. - Top - End - #812
    Firbolg in the Playground

So three options huh...

I'm about to order cheese bread
    I have crazy mech powers
    or I have to run from the crazy future police.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Ah yes, there sweet, sweet souls bring the Rainbow Of Darkness ever further to the world, and then it shall be ours to rule! Ours! Disneyland will invaded and it's fantastical halls will be the birthplace of our new land. The Pony Shall Last Forever! Muhahahahaha....

(I have binged on too many old movies, in case you cannot tell.)
    To Tartarus with your Rainbow of Darkness, The Pink One saw this universe first!

Which reminds me of a fanfic idea I had (not that I'll ever get around to writing it, but who knows?): The Curious Case of Pinkamena Diane Pie, essentially a narrative told in Lovecraft's style of a Canterlot doctor who studied the odd behaviors of some of Ponyville's mares, and discovered evidence of horrible creatures from another universe humans
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #814
    Troll in the Playground

So three options huh...

I'm about to order cheese bread
    I have crazy mech powers
    or I have to run from the crazy future police.
    Or D) All of the above. Crazy cheese-bread-wielding mech police are on your tracks.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

5. - Top - End - #815

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    To Tartarus with your Rainbow of Darkness, The Pink One saw this universe first!

Which reminds me of a fanfic idea I had (not that I'll ever get around to writing it, but who knows?): The Curious Case of Pinkamena Diane Pie, essentially a narrative told in Lovecraft's style of a Canterlot doctor who studied the odd behaviors of some of Ponyville's mares, and discovered evidence of horrible creatures from another universe humans
    So you're saying The Pink One was in line in front of this other being?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #816

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post

If there is a crazy pony ancester of Twilights named Vanderhoof, that would be a nice in-joke. Oh, and making Rarity have some folk down in Hornsmouth would be a nice little throw-away gag.

Anyway, if you would write it, I would read it.And if you pull of the Lovecraftian style, than I think the whole fandom would like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

7. - Top - End - #817

well... if it's those creatures then you need references to "the book" Neighcronomicon

And it's author the "Mad Unicorn" Lyra Al'heartstring.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

8. - Top - End - #818

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Random unrelated thought:

So, Derpy Day, Operation Indiscriminate Friendship is... a "Thanq's giving" Day?

*dodges tomatoes, retreats into the Multiverse*
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

9. - Top - End - #819

well... if it's those creatures then you need references to "the book" Neighcronomicon

And it's author the "Mad Unicorn" Lyra Al'heartstring.
    Darn, I was going with a Mad Camel, Absul Ohgo'derad, but that works better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    for any griffon fans out there
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Griffon comics are best comics."

I'd read it.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Darn, I was going with a Mad Camel, Absul Ohgo'derad, but that works better.
    No no Mad Camel works much better but a different name of some sort... Abhoof Alhaztred maybe?

12. - Top - End - #822
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    And then McDonalds, in a brilliant marketing move, distributes miniature brushes as its next toy.
    actually the little ring that comes with them to clip em on to a backpack or whatever has a brushy part
    --i know this cause i went and got the set the other day
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

13. - Top - End - #823
    Titan in the Playground

Because the full name is "Thanqolizer", as specified way back in some old thread somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post

So, Derpy Day, Operation Indiscriminate Friendship is... a "Thanq's giving" Day?

Have to say, I like the cut of your jib. I'd fit a pun in there, but what the hay can I put in place of "jib" or "cut" that would make sense?
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Pixie in the Playground

15. - Top - End - #825

Quote Originally Posted by DarkReaper1382 View Post
    I never understood what the big problem is with these videos. Just a bunch of reaction shots that show there's a difference of opinion in the general culture.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #826
    Pixie in the Playground

I never understood what the big problem is with these videos. Just a bunch of reaction shots that show there's a difference of opinion in the general culture.
    I've got no problem with the videos I just find it hilarious that after such a short clip they are already so outspoken against it. I think reactions would have been better if they showed an entire episode to them. The bronies react was the funnier of the two in my opinion because they shot down every argument that the teens made.

17. - Top - End - #827

I've got no problem with the videos I just find it hilarious that after such a short clip they are already so outspoken against it. I think reactions would have been better if they showed an entire episode to them. The bronies react was the funnier of the two in my opinion because they shot down every argument that the teens made.
    That might be one of the big issues. Pony fans are famous for coming on a bit too strong with support and criticism against. This makes the react to videos kind of an amusing-ish sideshow to our true, effective work.

Slow subtle corruption of society until everyone believes in rainbow marshmallow friendship.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #828
    Troll in the Playground

I think they're pretty funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Teens React to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    Certain guys just think that's cute and happy... What's not happy about ponies that talk?
    What indeed?
    Truth resists simplicity.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

The...the ham...it's...too much...

http://ask-ironwill-now.tumblr.com/
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ehhh its to me almost like hitting the broad side of the barn. Sure you did it but was it really that hard?

The best part of either is that even the opening, which is probably only exceeded by the extended opening in being even close to typically girly kids show, manages to convert about 1.5 people out of 10(?) on Teen React. Okay and the dead pan from the Maniliest Brony about his manliness.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Troll in the Playground

BEST! THING!

22. - Top - End - #832
    Troll in the Playground

Related to reactions: What did ponythread think after watching their first bit of ponies?

I held off on my opinion until watching a complete episode, after which: "Wow this is so ridiculously cheezy. Must watch more."
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

23. - Top - End - #833

Well, it's pretty clearly a hit piece. Especially if they only showed the teens the theme song and asked them to evaluate the entire show based on just that. But I also think a lot of bronies are just a wee bit defensive. Maybe it's justified by how weird it seems for adults to like it, but I can understand the tendency to want to jump in with "wait! It's actually good!" that was denied to them in this case. Or maybe I'm just projecting my own opinions and feelings.

That might be one of the big issues. Pony fans are famous for coming on a bit too strong with support and criticism against.
    I hear this a lot in other places, but usually it's in threads that are devoted to the show or whatever the latest spin off/fan project/mash up has been posted to YouTube. Are there still bronies wandering into random threads and posting pony content at the drop of a hat, or have haters blown it out of proportion? Or both?

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Related to reactions: What did ponythread think after watching their first bit of ponies?

I held off on my opinion until watching a complete episode, after which: "Wow this is so ridiculously cheezy. Must watch more."
    Well, I didn't pick up the show until May of last year, after the first season had finished running. I had seen mostly the mash ups, and I finally checked it out due entirely to morbid curiosity when I found myself with a totally free weekend. I remember that Ponycraft 2 was a major factor in my finally deciding that this show was worth looking into. I would say it took a half dozen episodes before I was totally locked in, I was fairly skeptical for the first several episodes of season 1. So I guess my initial reaction was "huh, well, I guess this isn't THAT bad." Then I snowballed from there into total ponysanity by the time I finished the first season.
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-03-14 at 06:19 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

Let me show you!

First I was all I dunno man. Then I was all Must. Watch. And then I watched it and was all what is wrong with my brain. And then I was a brony.

The end. This is all your fault, Jahkaivah.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-03-14 at 06:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

Most of my thoughts were along the lines of "Why in the nine hells was there a proper hydra in My Little Pony?!" with a touch of "Huh, this feels almost like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Powerpuff Girls. Interesting..." followed by "Further investigation is required! *Fires up Episode 1*"

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Well, it's pretty clearly a hit piece. Especially if they only showed the teens the theme song and asked them to evaluate the entire show based on just that. But I also think a lot of bronies are just a wee bit defensive. Maybe it's justified by how weird it seems for adults to like it, but I can understand the tendency to want to jump in with "wait! It's actually good!" that was denied to them in this case. Or maybe I'm just projecting my own opinions and feelings.
    The other thing is of course it's easy for the bronies to shoot down all their arguments. The bronies have seen the full series. Trying to defend it against the judgment of people who have only seen the intro is a touch pointless.

26. - Top - End - #836

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Let me show you!

First I was all I dunno man. Then I was all Must. Watch. And then I watched it and was all what is wrong with my brain. And then I was a brony.

The end. This is all your fault, Jahkaivah.
    My first watching the actual pony experience was interesting. Okay, actual character depth, whatever, then my brain recognized the terror of The Pink One. From then on it was only a matter of time before I was inviting everyone to The Party.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You got this far you not wanna go farther. I'm serious this is you last warning:
    Spoiler
    Show

Gahhhk.

And on a side note, have some adorable Derpy sketches:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, almost recovered, now to look at this spoil---Ahhhg. Too much concentrated cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    I'm gunna put my two cents into the Discord discussion!

He was a villain in a show aimed at ten year old girls. He was silly, mean, and a powerful enough jerk to need to be locked away. And... I think that covers him, pretty much!

You guys like really, really thinking about these things, don'tcha?
    Wouldn't be here if I wasn't heavily into overthinking things. It's practically a prerequisite for making your first post on these forums, don't you think?

Besides, we're not comparing Discord to just any evil, we're comparing him to other evil that might or might not exist in a show aimed at 10 year old girls that also includes a mention of Tartarus. See, it's internally consistent overthinking.

Episode 6 of Friendship is Witchcraft is up!

My day just got 20% less productive!

Edit:
    Make sure you watch to the end and don't turn it off at the credits!

Spoiler
    Show

Not as good as the last two episodes, but still pretty good. I wasn't a fan of their version of Luna.

Zecora, on the other hand, was hysterical. Also "Rupony Kenshin"

Do we think Pound and Pumpkin are Pinkie's parents? Or some other pony's?
    On friendship is witchcraft
    Spoiler
    Show
    I liked the episode. I agree that Luna wasn't great, but her character was pretty funny. Fluttershy was excellent though. I'm really curious about that 7/9 that popped up at the end. If those were supposed to be Pinkie's parents, what are the remaining two teleports?

And then McDonalds, in a brilliant marketing move, distributes miniature brushes as its next toy.
    Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    actually the little ring that comes with them to clip em on to a backpack or whatever has a brushy part
    --i know this cause i went and got the set the other day
    I can confirm this as well, having just picked up a Pinkie Pie toy while stopping at McDonalds on the way home to my parents house today (the woman at the register didn't even bat an eye). I am, however, displeased, that her cutie mark only has a single blue balloon rather than the proper blue, blue, yellow.

Oh well...*brushie brushie*

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post

I knew I bookmarked this link for a reason.
    *rimshot*

This was the first thing I said in pony thread

The title of this thread originally caught my eye, but let me just say, "Ponytariat" in the above comic nearly had me on the floor, I was laughing so hard. Plus, after watching a few episodes of this, I'm afraid I'm going to Freudian slip and refer to a room as "everypony" instead of "everybody." So thanks giantitp pony fans for that
    Which was in relation to this comic. I therefore assume I was a lost cause from the beginning, although I distinctly recall Kpenguin calling Earth ponies the badass normals of the show having some influence in getting me to watch it.

Fun Fact: Lixie swore to kill us all if/when she started watching this show way back on page 3 of thread #1.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

Hah! Another tumblr to follow.

Me, I started watching (some time late-ish last year) after seeing how popular it was becoming on the 'Net and wanting to investigate. I watched the first episode... and then all the rest (up until Return of Harmony) during the following few days. So yes, I rather enjoyed it.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Orc in the Playground

Episode 6 of Friendship is Witchcraft is up!

My day just got 20% less productive!

Edit:
    Make sure you watch to the end and don't turn it off at the credits!

Spoiler
    Show

Not as good as the last two episodes, but still pretty good. I wasn't a fan of their version of Luna.

Zecora, on the other hand, was hysterical. Also "Rupony Kenshin"

Do we think Pound and Pumpkin are Pinkie's parents? Or some other pony's?
    Surprised this got so little attention, I thought there were a few fans around here. Thanks for the link, it was a good laugh.

So, Forum Explorer left of his Birthday request to me by PM, Octavia discorded.

Spoiler
    Show

Happy belated Birthday, Explorer, Hopefully this wasn't to far off from what you wanted.

30. - Top - End - #840

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Fun Fact: Lixie swore to kill us all if/when she started watching this show way back on page 3 of thread #1.
    Lixie I imagine would be the last person to actually kill me since I just spend my whole life assuming the Lix' is behind me with a knife.
    Spoiler
    Show