New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXL

"Um, human sounds good." Admittedly Correl didn't know that much about humans but they seemed simpler to him/her then fey which he knew a lot about. Surely they would allow the young boy to go on a quest? It was every young lad's dream.

Then he/she strides towards the rafters and makes a bow towards the spot which he/she assumes Raven is at yes. "My lady Raven, I would humbly ask for your expertise in this area. I'm afraid I don't know flutter pony dust or smooze is. But I would love getting it for your brother in exchange for returning to my normal form without any possible complications."

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I have no interest in your plight nor in my brother's studies," comes Raven's voice from... somewhere. "I repeat what I was told by him. Nothing more."

Divaonar glares up as his sibling. "Stop being such a stick in the mud, Raven! I know you could find Ibby if you wanted to. You show these people the way and they'll do the rest."

"Pleeaaaaase Raven?"
    Sadei adds in as sweet a voice as she can must.

For a moment silence.

Then an irritated sigh.

"Very well."

Suddenly there's a little girl standing in front of the knight! A little girl in a rather creepy looking coarse garment patch-worked together from various dark cloths. A robe of sorts. A robe with a cowl, pointed at the top to give it a disturbingly beak-like appearance. Only the girl's eyes are visible inside the hood, points of blackness even deeper than the darkness around them.

Oh.

And she's wearing a bright pink back-pack shaped like a plushy panther head. It completely throws off the rest of the outfit.

Raven stares at Correl silently.

Staaaaaaaares.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Orc in the Playground

"It's easier to see into the past, as that has happened. What has yet to occur is murky, and clouded by possibilities. Especially here; it's like vast beings are constantly monitoring and altering what will occur. We won't know for certain which possibility is true until it occurs, and that's not seeing the future, that's seeing the present." I think the dwarf has missed the point about the suggestion, that it was pretending. The dwarf, meanwhile reaches out to the coins and puts them in a pouch on his belt.

The dwarf then turns back to Raven. "Goodbye, Miss. Corax. Thank you for the aurum."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Orc in the Playground

Ermine looks at the half-digested coin pouch curiously. The pirate is half-tempted to grab it and its spilled contents, despite theor disgusting origin. Her sense of cleanliness wins over her greed, or at least argues with it long enough for the dwarf to get the coins. She peers up at the rafters at Raven.

"Arr, did ye just vomit up some coins?"

The pirate sounds half impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #1445

Raven glances back at the pirate, studying her from inside that dark and foreboding cowl!

"Yes," the girl states flatly. "I swallowed a bandit on the way here."

There's no boasting in that statement.

No pride in the accomplishment.

But neither is there shame.

No regret.

Rather, she's simply making known a fact. Making known a fact in much the same way one might reply to being asked for the time of day.

That may or may not be unsettling.

6. - Top - End - #1446

"Oh." Alfred says a little disheartened. His human parents are pretty anti-adventure. Mostly because they associate adventure with Alfred's fair-mum, and they don't like her very much. "I hope they let me be your squire, sir."

He had yet to see the mysterious Raven, only hear her, but he was quite surprised to see a little girl come down from the rafters. "Your cloak fits you, Raven. And your bag is very cute," he says without a hint of sarcasm or irony.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Orc in the Playground

The dwarf, meanwhile, is staring into nowhere. Unfortunately, that nowhere seems to be in about the same location as Ermine. It's rather creepy, the vacant stare combined with the drawl dribbling down his unkempt beard. The spirits, meanwhile, are trying to glean more about Ermine from the aether than they already know (i.e., she's a stoat pirate).

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Orc in the Playground

Any subtle lack-of-emotion that Raven is not-expressing is completely lost on Ermine! The mustelid is too drunk.

"Oh. Dat's pretty neat. Can't imagine it'd taste good, though."

She wrinkles her nose at the drow child, and glances at the dwarf. Her whiskers twitch in annoyance.

"Stop dat."

The spirits will be able to glean plenty about Ermine! She's captain of an airship, the Crimson Tempest to be exact, she's a major alcoholic, her mother was a rich noble while her father was a pirate, and her shapeshifting nature is due to some powerful curse! No magic protects the pirate's background, so the totally-not-ghosts can find out anything else about her too.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #1449

Correl don't fear ladies no matter how creepy they are!

Well, in theory at least...

"Ah... greetings lady Raven. You look most modest." Wait, what? "Would you mind telling me more of these material components? Alfred here would be most disappointed if we didn't have an adventure to go on." He/She gives the boy a glance, "Don't worry boy, I'm sure we can convince them somehow."

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Well. Javert slinks in the tavern stealthily. The half-drow looks around before he moves to an empty table. The obscenely handsome creature takes out a paper and begins reading it quietly. The handsome half-drow glares around at anyone near. He's rather busy. His body is humanoid, but the only thing that suggests of a hidden secret are his pure white eyes.

11. - Top - End - #1451

"I am likewise fond of the aesthetics of my attire. Thank you," Raven replies in that same dead-pan tone she uses for pretty much everything ever. There have been a few times that people have gotten her to drop the dark mysterious assassin facade, but it isn't terribly easy to do.

"I know nothing of the nature of Ib'ahhali's work nor of the locations where the reagents he requires could be found."

That isn't helpful Raven!

"I could, however, lead you to him. If he has not already acquired what he needs to complete his research then I do not doubt that he would be pleased to have your aid. Likewise I do not doubt that his magical inclinations could help remove the curse you are suffering under."

Yay?

"However I feel inclined to inform you that Divaonar is well suited to return you to your original form should you allow him to do so. And by taking that option I will not be wasting my valuable time serving as your guide."

Sadei makes a sour face at her sister. "You're always so grumpy, Raven."

"I do not deny this," the cowled girl replies.

Oh hey!

A half-drow!

It just so happens there are three half-drow children hanging around at Trog's! What a coincidence.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-03-14 at 11:25 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

Javert glares at the half-drow children sourly. He never did like children...But, Javert wasn't half-human. He was half-drow and half-succubus. An odd mixture indeed. His heritage is unclear yet he has the stereotypical white hair and ebony skin. One of the children might see Javert staring.

13. - Top - End - #1453

Draglolth?

Or however on earth one spells it?

Drow apparently consider themselves too special to just call them half-fiends. Silly drow.

Anywho!

Divaonar has for the time being pulled his attention away from the conversation and waves at the other drow! He knows fully well that his father's house has sent quite a few male drow into the city to help keep the place safe (yeah right!) so it leaves him wondering if this guy isn't part of House Xar'Cha as well.

And he decides to find out.

Mostly by asking. And waving. "Hello!"

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

The drow quickly flips his head up at Divanoar quickly. Javert is very handsome. His white eyes flash back to his normal blue. Which is odd in a drow. The wary tempter replies in a crisp voice that is positively layered in syrupy passion. His very voice seems to attract othrs. The drow sneers a little. Yes? You need something?

15. - Top - End - #1455

Alfred nods to Sir Correl. He has confidence his potential... Master? Mentor? Lord? He would have to check his story books for the right answer. Anyway, he has confidence Correl can convince his parents that he should quest.

But my, Raven is grumpy. "I'm sorry if we're taking your time, Raven," he says apologetically. "Did we interrupt something you were doing up there?" He looks up curiously at the rafters. What was she doing up there?

My Characters

16. - Top - End - #1456

Divaonar is only ten years old in human terms. Not what that would translate to in drow. Or half-drow for that matter. But he isn't into guys. Or... anyone really at this age.

As such the layered seductiveness has no effect on him!

"Maybe," the boy replies in a friendly, jovial tone. Something about him makes his confidence and friendly personality positively contagious. Not terribly dissimilar to the moral boosting effects of a Bard's music. "I was wondering if you're part of House Xar'Cha?"

Because if so that's neat!

As for Raven...

"I was waiting."

Would be all she says. Probably won't elaborate, either.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

Javert looks down on the ten year oldish boy and glares with absolutely no respect,...Boy, you should not medfle in things bigger than you...it is none of your budiness. My, Javert sure can be mean...

18. - Top - End - #1458

"Erm, well I was informed there might be complications if a curse is tempered with in such a way. Besides, fate seems to throw a wrench into things if they aren't solved by a suitably difficult quest." He/she should know!

"Of course, I do not wish to waste your time. May I ask who or what you were waiting for?"

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Orc in the Playground

The door of the tavern is thrust open, and in walks a young human male with disheveled red hair. He wears a red blazer, and he turns his head all around, taking in the occupants of the place with astonishment. He shakes his head, and walks over to the conversing dark elves. Ears. Those ears are...wow, ears, he thinks to himself.
    "Hallo! My name's Phineas Reinhardt, and I just died. But there seems do be a distinct lack of halos and harps, and it's not hot enough for the other place, so I must confess I'm rather curious as to where this is. And, if you don't mind me asking, what are several members of the Unseelie Court doing here?" He rocks back on his heels and stares at the drow wide-eyed.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-03-15 at 01:14 AM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1460

Not having much to say, Sir Correl already asking the question he wanted to ask, Alfred will listen to the others. He does go back to pondering the rafters. It must be really uncomfortable to wait up there, and boring. Uncomfortable and boring. The worst combination someone raised, technically only mostly raised, by a Fae could think of.

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #1461

Raven probably doesn't mind uncomfortable and boring. Had fun once, you know. Hated it.

Well.

Not really. That's the mask of mysterious edginess she wears. But in truth she's just a kid like her siblings. Wonder why she's so intent on being hard-as-nails?

Anywho! Raven responds to the Knight's question!

"No."

Welp.

That's awfully unhelpful.

Sadei rolls her eyes at her sister. "You're insufferable sometimes, Raven," the girl then looks up at Correl. "She helps to run off bad-guys when they start causing trouble at Trog's. That's probably what she was waiting for."

Raven's reaction to this guess is quite telling.

"..."

"I'm not nearly as good at tracking as Raven is. But we all have a keen nose and I'm sure I could find my brother for you," Sadei volunteers.

MEANWHILE!

Jarvet isn't being mean. He's just being rude!

Div wrinkles his nose a bit at the older half-drow and decides to come at this from a totally different angle. "I'm Xar'Cha Divaonar Ezekiel Bar-Raril. What's your name, mister?"

And then suddenly dead person!

"I'm not a fairy," Div objects. "And you seem awfully spry for being dead."

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Amil blinks.

"Wait... really?" this sounds like crazy talk to her! "I thought cutting a tree down killed its dryad right away?"

Not that there are any dryads where she's from.

But she's been in the Nexus long enough now to get a decent feel for how quite a few odd things work. This is, apparently, one of them.

"Huh... That must have been pretty shocking for both of you. Do you know where the wizard is now? Maybe he can be convinced to make Bark a tree again?"

With violence!

Violence solves everything.
    "He's a special kind of tree. It stays alive when its cut down." Sure makes it a lot safer for a dryad. "And I don't want to go back to that place. I like being able to move around anyway."

23. - Top - End - #1463

"Your tracking abilities will be most helpful to find your bother lady Sadei, it will be an honor to have you as an guide on our quest." Correl states with a smile, making a slight bow.

24. - Top - End - #1464

Whoops, Sir Correl just bowed. That means Alfred has to bow too, right? He bows himself just to be sure. "Yes, thank you, Lady Sadei." After rising from his bow he turns to Raven. "If you aren't coming, thank you eitherway, Lady Raven." He bows to her same as her sister. "Maybe I can come and visit sometime later."

My Characters

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes, Milady Cap'n Stoat." The dwarf closes his eyes, but doesn't move, his eyelids still staring at Ermine. This might just be worse than it was before.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

Javeret glares at the child even more. What do you want? My name is Javert...I don't know you....I don't want to.... I'm here on business.... Javert growls out in that syrupy voice.

27. - Top - End - #1467

Raven is...

Well.

Gone.

The moment attention was removed from her she may as well have vanished. Probably up in the rafters again being grumpy. Someone should really try to find a way to cheer her up...

Sadei glares at the spot where she thinks (though isn't really sure...) Raven is hiding. But only momentarily before smiling back at the knight. "I'm happy to help."

She laces her fingers behind her back and begins doodling at the floor with one toe. "It's been long time since I've had a proper adventure. Thank you for letting me come..."

Div, meanwhile, thinks syrupy voices are sticky and gross! This guy is the opposite of fun and the boy decides to just leave him alone. There must be someone more interesting in the tavern...

Like, say-!

"Hi!" Divaonar proclaims cheerfully, popping up at the table near Bark, A, and Amil right as latter way about to say something! "I'm Divaonar!"

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground

Javert still glares at the kid spitefully. He had said his name was Xar'cha...the same house that had murdered him those few months ago...Javert was possessing his own body to have a corporeal state...pathetic. All because of Sornulu Xar'cha...

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

Can't shock Aeia like that! She practically invented jumping out at people... The dryad jumps a bit when the little boy suddenly appears. "Oh, hey. You sure are sneaky. My name's Aeia."

30. - Top - End - #1470

Divaonar has no idea who Sornulu is! Weeeee!

And the kid is most certainly a Xar'cha. He has the trademark bluish tinted skin that many of them have. Though... he inherited those blue eyes from his Totally Normal and Mundane human mother.

Red eyes are due to a lack of pigment after all!

Totally a recessive trait.

"Nice to meet you Aeia!" the child laughs. He hasn't really registered Bark just yet. Y'know. Since the guy looks like a wooden statue and hasn't been doing much of anything for a while now.

"You're one of Raril and Zee's kids aren't you?" Amil inquires curiously. She's heard about them of course. A whole gaggle of them showed up shortly before Zee died. Or went to sleep. Or whatever the hell it is that she does.

"Mhmm," Div nods before reaching out to poke at Bark with one finger.

Amil stands up at this point! "Well, I need to be getting back to work. The network over at Mallside doesn't repair itself after all."

Away!