New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Vicious Betrayals

"Certainly not an unreasonable expectation, if new fights occur... Every few days, it looks like?", she agrees, looking thoughtful, before suddenly reaching out to pick up a Moon Kobold, examining it with her specialized vision. "If you wish, I could change some of them for you, so that they're more effective at their task. Or simply give you the design for their new form, if you prefer to do such things yourself."

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Figuring out that it has managed to turn this into a challenge, the lycanthrope lunges for his opponent's neck.
    As the copy lunges for it's neck the Carnotaurus swings it's head back to avoid the strike, and then like a pendulum swings it back to smash it's heavy horned head into it's challenger.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "Certainly not an unreasonable expectation, if new fights occur... Every few days, it looks like?", she agrees, looking thoughtful, before suddenly reaching out to pick up a Moon Kobold, examining it with her specialized vision. "If you wish, I could change some of them for you, so that they're more effective at their task. Or simply give you the design for their new form, if you prefer to do such things yourself."

"I have no interest in having them changed. The Moon Kobolds are to labour for two thousand years as payment for being created here without our permission. When those years are up, they shall be given a choice to stay under the Shadow Dragon's dominance, or leave... that is of course unless someone wishes to make me an offer for them. Should the offer be good, I would not object to reducing their time. Perhaps you'd like to bargain for them?"
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

Artoran- The Moon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith
    "Fighting for fighting's sake? I call that stupid. Every other fight between our kind has had some sort of meaning, some sort of grievance that caused it, and that could have at least been attempted to have been solved by other means! But what you did, then? And you say that you are going to cause more of these battles? I fail to see how we will end up as anything but on opposing sides, and that insults my very being."
    "What reason is there to fight other than the thrill? The bloodlust? The feeling of victory? Your problems that result in conflict? Why do the fights start? Because the fight is fun. Half the fights so far could have been discussed, but they weren't. Because it is fun.
    "Anyways, he asked a question. Instead of boring us all with an explanation of what I know, I chanced a demonstration. For one so opposed to combat you leapt in fairly quick. No questioning the reasons or attempting to create peace, just blasting,"
    Artoran says, tightening his gauntlets.
    Just in case...
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-03-21 at 01:05 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

A day in the life of a Revolutionary
    "If I heal you, will you swear to fight for me, to take from our oppressors that which is rightfully ours?"
    They all beg for healing, promising anything and everything to the one who brings them such wonders.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Artoran- The Moon

"What reason is there to fight other than the thrill? The bloodlust? The feeling of victory? Your problems that result in conflict? Why do the fights start? Because the fight is fun. Half the fights so far could have been discussed, but they weren't. Because it is fun.
    "Anyways, he asked a question. Instead of boring us all with an explanation of what I know, I chanced a demonstration. For one so opposed to combat you leapt in fairly quick. No questioning the reasons or attempting to create peace, just blasting,"
    Artoran says, tightening his gauntlets.
    Just in case...
    Tharin, The Moon

"Fun? Fun? That is an abhorrent view of fighting, and I personally find no joy in it. And in regards to my actions? I took part because this place is being ravaged by violence amongst our kind, and I do not want it to happen to the world below. If other gods come to a defending god's aid when they are attacked, it will deter aggressors.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    Tharin, The Moon

"Fun? Fun? That is an abhorrent view of fighting, and I personally find no joy in it. And in regards to my actions? I took part because this place is being ravaged by violence amongst our kind, and I do not want it to happen to the world below. If other gods come to a defending god's aid when they are attacked, it will deter aggressors.
    "So you fought to cause less fights?" he mutters, starting to think.

Will me fighting cause less fights? That would be bad. But if I don't fight, that's bad too. Fight makes no fights. Not fighting makes less fights. This makes no sense! Both are bad!," he thinks to himself, trying to unravel this paradox.

"Fighting is not fun for you? You need your head checked," Artoran mutters under his breath. Someone who doesn't like fighting? Impossible. What's not to like?

Show

8. - Top - End - #578
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "So you fought to cause less fights?" he mutters, starting to think.

Will me fighting cause less fights? That would be bad. But if I don't fight, that's bad too. Fight makes no fights. Not fighting makes less fights. This makes no sense! Both are bad!," he thinks to himself, trying to unravel this paradox.

"Fighting is not fun for you? You need your head checked," Artoran mutters under his breath. Someone who doesn't like fighting? Impossible. What's not to like?
    Tharin blinks at Artoran, shaking his head.

"No, no. I don't need my head checked. I just do not enjoy fighting. Don't think about it too hard. Just... If you're going to fight, at least have a reason for it? One that is not 'fun'. Something meaningful?" He gives a small sigh, before glancing over at Nysv.

"Hey! I didn't insult you, or assault you! That can't have been long enough ago that you've forgotten already."

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv the Moon

"What you have to keep in mind Tharin is that you can't expect everyone to see things your way. What seems normal to you, seems odd to one such as this godling. He follows his primal urges... I can understand that completley... for my first act upon awakening was to murder and be murdered by my own Sibling. We both have learned to resist this urge... perhaps one day this godling will... perhaps he won't."

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

The Angel glides down beside Kansheri and says "Oh, a new god, what was your name?" She shakes her head, "Is your name, not was. Sorry."
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ettin in the Playground

Zuraj, The Void

The Host feels the swarm within writhe, and without cerimony to the last deity remaining nearby, it crawls off into the nether, to once more surround the world in the coruscant aurora of its plates.

The Mistlands & New Draconia (post the events being described by planswalker and Rizban)

New beings walked among the karish, and those great horrors deferred to these beings, such was their place. These newcomers were smaller than the karish soldiers, around the size of onari or human, but that was where the similarities ended. The Kyorl'Zuraj, noblest scions of The Host and the Swarm Within, sported - in their most basic forms, right out of the nymph stage - two arms and two legs on a torso with a head, but they had lustrous carapaces and four dark, unblinking eyes, and their cruel, venomous maws were above their eyes, and as age ripened their bodies they grew varied, some developed extra arms, some developed wings, or heavy carapaces, or acid spit, or scything claws, others became as massive as the karish soldiers who served them and their adaptations could be stranger still.

These regal nightmares added to the Hives what the karish sorely lacked: genius. A laborer could do heavy or fine work and a soldier guarded and waged war with equal drive, but neither of these things had great creativity, present a problem they could solve them, for sure, but that was their limit. With the arrival of the Kyorls, the hives finally took shape as things resembling true societies.

Spoiler
    Show

1 AP (plus Vermin domain): Create Race: Kyorl'Zuraj. Described above.

2 AP
    Vermin Domain
    Mind Domain
    The Great Hive
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #582
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry just realized that this part was meant for Nysv.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    "Hey! I didn't insult you, or assault you! That can't have been long enough ago that you've forgotten already."
    "It hasn't... but you had come to my lair uninvited and unannounced with your f-...Addaz. Add the fact that this place was experiencing a constant stream of uninvited intruders, it can be considered nothing but insulting."

"Add the fact that some of these intruders have been violent as well, it never hurts to be cautious now does it? If someone comes into your house with good intentions, they will knock on your door, name themselves and ask permission to join. Who enters one house without permission? Someone with more sinister intentions."

"Now... speaking of which... with the appearance of this godling... and his connection to the Moon means that certain things will have to change... excuse me for a moment..."

"Luna First-Born..."

The matriarch of the Shadow Dragons appears next to the god of Shadows

"Speak Darkness, for I am listening."

"There has been an unforeseen change of the blueprint for the project. As you see we have a new godling who is part of the family. You know what that means?"

"It means that we shall have to change the foundations to make room for one more."

"Indeed it does. Have the Moon Kobold tear down everything they have done and have them start over. How long do you estimate this delay?"

"Perhaps two... to three generations of Moon Kobolds."

"Oh dear... its a sacrifice I am willing to make. After all this project needs to be perfect right?"

"I'll get on it immediately Darkness..."
    says Luna as she goes off to execute the order. Soon the Moon Kobolds begin tearing down the circular foundation which had taken so much time for them to construct.

Spoiler
    Show

Use Combat Domain charge: Mold Land, create the foundations for Nsyv's project around the crater were the battle with Eibrol was fought and right under the Black Hole.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

Alorn, the Citadel

The platinum knight remains on his throne, mind bent to his purpose. "The wisdom of great teachers must not pass from memory, the deeds or the mighty must be rewarded. Those who prove worthy must be allowed to serve, to teach, unhindered by their mortal frailties. The greatest heroes should not pass from the world by mere time and chance. No, I will give them a choice, an opportunity to remain and carry on their work. The will be fueled by the the power of the Citadel."

"Of course, it will be a two-fold choice. I will judge those who are worthy, and they must accept it. None can be forced, those who accept will not be bound, ever able to pass beyond if they so chose, though never to return."

He stands, reaching out across the planes.

the Judge of Champions, Vardheim (Temple of Blades)

Spoiler
    Show
    we can finish the founding of the temple in a time bubble if you want, here I'm assuming it has been established for the last 'week', or indefinite period of mortal years.

The Judge of Champions has called together all the temple, from the lowest acolyte to the nine masters, into the great hall, an image of Alorn's throneroom in the Citadel. It is filled with all races, though humans and Vardr predominate.

The judge's body is withered, ancient beyond the span of mortal years. He rises, unsteadily. His voice seems soft, yet it echoes in every ear. "Today I pass on my office to one judged worthy. master Alder, step forward."

The youth that dueled the guard, many years before, to prove to strength of their teachings, now an old man, steps from the line of the masters. "You have been chosen. Kneel."

With the aid of the other masters, he kneels. The judge removes his shining helm, revealing his face for the first time since his calling. He places it on Alder's head. "Arise. The first judge passes, the second rises."

The old man rises, hi strength and vigor returned.

White flame comes out of the old judge,consuming his body. The pyre lasts only for a moment. When it fades, standing there is the image of the young warrior he had been, but ethereal. "I will remain to guide you, but the justice seat and the instructor's rod are now yours."

The image fades as the second judge takes his seat. The crowd stands in awe.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 AP = 3 - 1 (create race: Deathless 2 points - 1 law domain)

The deathless are chosen from the dead followers of the Guardians, given an opportunity for unending service. Appearance is of the original person in their prime, though translucent and ethereal, similar to a Star Wars 'force ghost'. They will primarily reside in the temple as councilors and guides, though they are still capable warriors if needed.

war domain charged
    Law Domain expended

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

Artoran- The Moon

"Wait, the new godling? Do you mean me?" Artoran asks, suprised. "This project wouldn't happen to be some weapon of mass destruction that will steal my soul, would it?"

Show

15. - Top - End - #585
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

Nysv turns to Artoran "And what would I have to gain from acquiring something that I have neither earned, nor was given the permission to take? That would make me a thief. I have no interest in taking your soul unless you wish to use it as a means to pay for my services."

"As I have said... the Moon has seen its fair share of bloodshed, and that has really made a mess of the surface. What is being constructed here, is a monument to those battles. Also it is to serve as a reminder to others who may try to mess up the Moon again."

"So worry not. Your soul is safe. As for the project itself... you will have to wait. These things do take time after all."

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course," he says, starting to think.

"May I call this place home to better protect it? To keep enemies from tarnishing the surface? I have the blood of Light and Shadows as you know, just as the Moon does."

Show

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

"Though the Moon is partially made by my blood, it was my Sibling's will that put it all together. While anyone sharing our lineage is welcomed to call this place their home, it would be wise to make your request directly to the creator himself."

Says Nysv looking up to where Voimond is.

"A small word of advice... free of charge. Watch your words around my Sibling... just like you he lets his passions guide him, and he really does not suffer anyone being rude or insulting in his presence."

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

Artoran- The Moon

"Understood," Artoran says, heading across the moon to meet with the other half of his being.

"God of Light," he says, looking the god of the Moon in the eye. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Artoran, forged from the meeting of Light and Dark, battler of the divine, and harbinger of war. I understand that this is your creation and wish to call this land home."

Show

19. - Top - End - #589
    Bugbear in the Playground

Voimond and Yiasial - the Oculus

"I am sorry that it took me so long to respond, but you wished to speak with me over my sibling's choice in the matter of taking some shadows?"

Yiasial, the Oculus

The goddess seems lost in some manner of trance, as it takes several long moments for her to rouse herself enough to respond.

"Indeed I did. It may seem a trifling matter, but it sets a poor precedent. Your sibling is tasked as Watcher and Custodian of the shadows, but has taken numerous actions which seem to imply a misunderstanding of his role. Anka does not grow wrathful when a lycanthrope mother gives birth, nor does Iyate level sanction upon those who seek knowledge. Even you yourself let the light of moon and stars carry out its role as it is intended to do, though your defense of it is rather overzealous for my tastes."

"You shadowed sibling, however, time and again wields his charge as a personal weapon. His has displayed little concern for the sanctity of his element beyond how it may serve him. I frankly do not care what he schemes, any more than I care for the plans of any other god, but to forcibly strip his essence from the mortal world caused unacceptable levels of instability."

"Consider this a warning. He, and any other for that matter, may frolic about in the Void to their heart's content. But should the Watcher of Shadows intervene so crudely in matters of the mortal world again, I shall take action against him."

"I do hope I have made myself clear. I bear no ill will to either of you, but... something terrible is brewing. I can taste it in the fabric of creation itself. Somewhere, I sense there is something tugging at the very seams of reality, and I will not tolerate a disaster caused by the caprice of guardians unable to treat their wards as anything more than toys."

Inale, the Void

"Hhmmm. I ssupposse thiss might work..."

The stream of quicksilver coalesced once more into a roughly humanoid form. She had made several circuits around the world, taking advantage of her creator's network of scanning devices, and had found results that could only be described as... unacceptable. Corruption everywhere! Filthy lies! Deceit! Those gods posturing at justice didn't seem to care how filthy their world was, and it made Inale furious. But not furious enough to get sloppy.

She'd decided that the surface of the Shell was too filthy to be acceptable. So many gods flinging their power this way and that,and so many corrupt mortals ready to taint everything they touched. She needed to set up her workplace somewhere else, out of the way. Somewhere she could avoid contamination in the precious early years of creation.

Flicking a tendril, the young goddess sends a glimmering seed into the deep recesses of the mighty spiral planet, where it would take root. Where it would spread.

Here would do nicely.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP:
    0 + 2 (Rollover)
    2 - 1 (Create Combat Artifact - the Lens of Doom and Loss) Good!Domain
    2 - 1 (Create Combat Artifact - Null Profusion) Cosmos!Domain, Oculus
    0 = Final

PAP:
    = 1
    1 - 1 (Create Combat Artifact - the Lens of Doom and Loss)

The Lens of Doom and Loss, like all of the Oculus' elements, is fundamentally a scrying device. It functions almost identically to the others, but specifically calculates the worst possible outcome of various scenarios. In combat, someone attuned to the Lens is privy to a foe's flaws and weaknesses, which is information that any fighter knows can turn the tide of battle.

Null Profusion isn't so much a physical artifact as an ability of Yiasial's, wherin she temporarily forces a degree of 'reality' upon another deity. While it doesn't make them any less powerful, gods normally exist on a largely metaphysical level, and being forcibly bound, even partially, by physical laws can cause many of them to stumble.

AP:
    0 + 1 (Rollover)
    1 - 1 (Create Land - the Crystal Cavern) Domain!Justice

The Crystal Cavern is a world beneath (or perhaps, within) the common world of mortals, lining the inside of the conch-shaped planet. In many ways, it mirrors the surface, having a sky, landmasses, oceans, and life, but it is still an exceedingly strange place for a number of reasons. The two most notable ones are that it has very little daylight (more near the mouth of the conch, and almost none in the deepest regions), and most life forms are crystal-based, from trees to small animals. Organic life exists, but is comparatively rare beyond the mouth.
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

Sephyrdiam- A Balancing Act... Kind Of

So many things happening in so little time... and yet none of the consequences thought of. A world of crystal formed inside the great conch, a new range of titanic reptilian beasts to roam the land above, and yet... despite the great and mighty age of eternally fruitful lands, the soils could not forever nurture the plants and animals as it has. Nature, as well as all living things would not be able to live long if existence continued on like this...

Nature will need periods of rest, time to renew its strength. Yet... how? ...the great gyroscope of flame? Yes... that could work, but it will take time. The mortals won't be able to handle such a change as that for the sake of balance. They will need the tools and abilities to survive in such a world. Nature, of course, will always find a way to adapt. Survivability is its staple. But mortals are on the dawn of civilizations: they needed more than what is normally offered by nature.... they will know the ways to weave the soil, and draw forth from the earth its fruits. They shall know of the sowing of seeds and the ability to generate consistent food. The knowledge of harvesting will already be applied to this great growth... yes, I believe I shall will this knowledge to them.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 3 Rollover

AP: 0=3-3 Create Concept: Farming.

It's essentially exactly as it sounds, with one important detail. The practice of farming is not monoculture farming. It's the practice of planting many different types of crops together. This way it creates a greater variance in food, prevents against massive crop epidemics, and is more sustainable and less destructive than the latter.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-03-23 at 02:44 AM.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kansheri, The Moon]

Kansheri, when asked if she'd like to bargain for the Moon Kobolds, simply shrugged, setting down the one she'd picked up. Perhaps she would later - new lifeforms were always of interest to her, after all - but at present she had other things on her mind.

For instance, the creation of a new race, rather than changing those made by others...

[Border of New Draconia, a Forest]

First, the Nayleth, or more specifically, a subspecies of them, Hunters. Tripedal, with their rear limb bearing far more similarity to a tail than a leg, especially as it ended in a wicked bone spike instead of any foot, possessed of an almost lupine head, though with faceted eyes, no visible ears, save for a small pair of holes in the sides of its skull, and completely covered in scales, not fur, these beasts - though beasts was not, perhaps, the best term, as they were at least as intelligent as most of the other species claimed by deities - were fearsome hunters, especially as they hunted in groups, and the sucker-padded feet on their front limbs, which secreted an extremely sticky slime (valuable as sealant and glue, if one managed to survive the attempt to harvest it and bring back a sample), enabled them to climb on almost any surface, from which they could leap without warning, using their third limb to guide themselves. Though they did have a weakness, one that any skilled bowman could exploit - there was a nerve cluster at the exact intersection of the lines that would be formed by the legs and tail if they were to be pulled straight, and most damage to it killed them instantly.

Next came the Shapers; quadrapeds, unlike their brethren, and with no tails, instead being covered in tendrils tipped with spikes of bone similar to, though hollow, those of the Hunter's third limbs, all sprouting from various parts of a many-chambered sack on their backs, these strange creations have been granted similar gifts to those of Kansheri, though at the cost of many of the things that made the Hunters so devastating, such as their climbing prowess and agility. However, due to their ability to sense weaknesses in their enemies, and the many bone-tipped tendrils they're armed with, especially as those can also inject strange mutagens and toxins, they're certainly far from easy to kill.

Third were the Siphons - worm-like creatures with a vertical pair of mandibles, and no eyes, as they can directly sense life, these were meant as warriors, almost certainly. For in addition to sensing life, unless they choose to suppress their abilities, any life save that of other Nayleth is swiftly drained to feed them from anything that comes near them, or from a single entity at much greater distances (though this makes them approachable), and it is hard to imagine what other purpose such things could serve, save, perhaps, that of executioners.

Her creations now complete, at least for the moment, Kansheri let them do as they would. Since the first thing the Nayleth did was expand, it was inevitable that they would encounter the Karish, given their proximity to New Draconia...

And, when they did, they struck, without warning. A pair of Siphons and a pack of six Hunters encountered two Kyorl'Zuraj and ten Korish Soldiers, stumbling on them from behind.

The Siphons lashed out at the brightest sparks, signifying greater vitality, and thus more dangerous foes, as well as a better meal, first, attempting to drain the life from the Kyorl, while the Hunters leapt for three of the Soldiers, two to each, angling themselves so that the spike of bone on the ends of their tails should catch them in what would be, on an Onari, the chest region.

Spoiler
    Show

Current AP: 8 +2 (rollover, 22/3/12) = 10

Create Race - Nayleth Hunters: Described above. (-2)

Create Utility Artifact - Nayleth Shapers: A subspecies of Nayleth which are gifted with Kansheri's special vision, and the ability to create specially tailored mutagens. Reduces the AP cost of creating a new subrace of Nayleth by one point once a week. (-2; Transformations Domain)

Create Subrace - Nayleth Shapers: See the Utility Artifact of the same name, and the description above. (-0; Change Domain)

Create Subrace - Nayleth Siphons: Again, as above. (-0; Nayleth Shapers)

Create Concept - Pack Hunting: Pretty much exactly what it sounds like. (-3)

Teach Populace - Nayleth Hunters: Pack Hunting (-0; free with creation of the concept)

Current AP: 3

Domain Actions: Change, Transformations

Utility Artifacts: Nayleth Shapers
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-03-23 at 06:44 AM.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ettin in the Playground

The Void

Zuraj watched the strife beneath, had his inhuman maw a shape and structure to do so, it would smile.

New Draconia

In the sudden attack, one of the kyorls took a heavy blow, but still it stood, too proud to fall prey to lizards. The other chittered orders to the karish, and the warriors formed a wall of chitin around their masters.

Then came the crushing psychic weight of the hivemind, a dissonant chorus of irate voices, a vicious attack on the very minds of the offenders and a beacon to soldiers and kyorls in the area.

The standing kyorl, however, took to the sky on gossamer wings, scanning the attackers with its four eyes, and then starting to sing a strange drone, a hypnotic tune inviting its listeners to the swarm's embrace. The embrace of the scythe-claws of the soldiers bellow.

Could the minds of Kansheri's creations survive the horrid glories of Zuraj's design?

Spoiler
    Show
    4 AP = 2 + 2 rollover (22/03 rollover)
    Vermin Domain
    Mind Domain
    The Great Hive

2 AP (plus mind domain discount): Create Concept - Hivemind. Hivemind is an internal thing, a means to connect to a colective conscious that works for the betterment of the whole that forms it, but it is perfectly easy for any being so able to drown out and ignore the other voices, severing himself from any hive. Related classes: Psion, Psychic Warrior.
    - 0 AP: Teach populace: Kyorl'Zuraj gain the Hivemind concept. Through their interconnected social links the concept also spreads to the Karish subspecies.

2 AP (vermin discount): Create Concept - Bioalchemy. A stranger idea, bioalchemy is the art of remodeling extant life. There are two basic (but very complex in of themselves) methods to it, grafting surgery and a form of physical, mental and spiritual self-improvement rooted on strange principles, all too similar to the methods through which gods reshape life, but on a very personal scale. Related classes: Evolutionist, Xenoalchemist.
    - 0 AP: Teach populace: Again, the Kyorl'Zuraj gain this concept and it spreads down to the karish through the vassal-serf social strucutre.

And that leaves me with nothing but my artifact, wee!

Spoiler
    Show
    For that matter. Id Insinuation was the power used by one of the kyorls. While the other used Captivating Song, like that of a harpy.
    Last edited by Draken; 2012-03-23 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Failed to capitalize a proper name.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

His task complete, Alorn rises. Divine eyes peer across the planes, watching the material, seeing what has transpired during his long distraction. He spies the fate of the kobolds.

"Their creator named himself an allies, though he did little enough with the title. Still, such a fate is not meet for any, least of all the children of the guardians. I must act."

He moves across the boundaries, into the void. Once arrived, he draws his blade and shield, calling out, "I would speak to the one who has claimed the kobolds. I challenge you for the right to lead them. If you have any honor, meet me in the void for single combat to decide their fates. Should I triumph, you will give them to me. Should I fail, I will judge you their true master. If you reject my challenge, then I will hunt you down and claim them, my allies with me. What say you?"

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ettin in the Playground

Zuraj, The Void

A proud, booming voice echoed a challenge across the heavens.

The Host and The Swam Within answered, breaking through the walls of the void into nethers of meaningless distance, and cracking the sky into reality once more before Alorn, as a miles-long beast of unthinkable and horrendous beauty.

"Deity."
    "Male."
    "Battle."
    "Law."

"God of Honor, we are Zuraj, The Host and The Swarm Within. And know that your challenge is accepted, should you wish to proceed with it."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

Alorn and Zuraj, the Void

Trial by Combat

"I am pleased you have chosen the path of honor. The trial begins! The victor claims the kobolds."

Sword and shield are raised in salute, the shining knight dwarfed by the massive beast. Light radiates from platinum armor, creating a nimbus of white as the Just Blade streaks toward his foe.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 AP = 2 (carried) +2 (rollover) +1 PAP
    3 AP = 5-2(3 initiate divine combat -1 War domain)

(2d6+3)[11] (2 from warrior lvl 6, +.5 Just Blade, +.5 Strength of Many)

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

Alorn and Zuraj, The Void

Zuraj rears back to bring a scythe to bear, but leaves an opening through which Alorn's swift strike causes the Host's acid blood to spill out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Draken; 2012-03-23 at 12:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

Trial by Combat, rnd 2

Alorn twists the blade and jerks it free, sending a spray of blood and ichor across the void. Several drops fall into the ocean, spreading, mutating the life there to resemble Zuraj's creations.

Focused on the battle, Alorn slams his shield toward the open wound, holding blade high to parry any counter.

Spoiler
    Show
    3 AP = 3 - 0 (free mold land from combat), the black seas

round 2, fight! (2d6+3)[14]

the black seas are portions of the ocean corrupted and twisted, filled with monstrous creatures, too dangerous for all but the most daring sailors.
    Last edited by stack; 2012-03-23 at 12:23 PM.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ettin in the Playground

Alorn and Zuraj

The Host howls an indignated song, thousands of nameless things crawling out of the wound to bite and sting at Alorn.

Spoiler
    Show
    Caster bonus now.

(2d6+2)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

Trial by Combat-Victory

A chunk of the beast comes free with the blade, small compared to its origin, but larger than the greatest mountain of the world. It sets adrift, finding orbit around the planet, trailing a rain of acid.

Alorn brushes away the lesser vermin. "Great beast, do you yield? You are wounded and beaten. I hold the matter settled. Renounce your claim and I will take the kobolds unto myself, for their safe keeping and betterment. Fail to do so and we will be at war."

Spoiler
    Show
    3 AP = 3 - 0 (free mold land from combat), the pound of flesh

A really gross lesser satellite. I suspect someone will be unhappy with it.

2 AP = 3-1 (2 (guide populous: kobolds) - 1 (law domain)
    Alorn claims them as the just award for trial by combat
    Last edited by stack; 2012-03-23 at 12:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground

Alorn and Zuraj

The Host and The Swarm within clatters its pincers even as it slithers down from its combat posture.

"Their betterment?"
    "A questionable proposition."
    "The imposition of labor they are unfit to perform."
    "Inadequate."
    "The gift of strife, of uncertainty in the future."
    "Where will the next meal come from, how to acquire shelter, what to do with the dead."
    "The dangers of the world at large."
    "The beautiful threat of the Changeling Queen... And others."

"We relinquish my claim as per the terms agreed. There is no need for threats, we are not so base as to go back on my word."

New Draconia

On command of their kyorl masters, the karish herd the kobold races out of the many gates of their former land, none of the small creatures quite understand the scope of the exodus, each of them surely believe their masters to be preparing a particularly grand feast.

They are surprised then, to find themselves abandoned in the forests in innumerable scattered masses, as the swarms march back and the gates creak shut behind them.

The kobolds are free, but their civilization is no more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... There isn't really an action for this. Anyway, the kobolds are godless again and free target for a guide populace (or more than one~) to take them to a not necessarily brighter future.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing