New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus]The Dancing Fox Inn IV: Strangely, More Wolves Than Foxes

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "Techno. You?" she said, rubbing her belly.
    "Symphonic Metal mostly, though I do listen to techno sometimes " she frowns a little "you ok? you look kinda sick..."

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Thurilyet creeps up a little closer to the dog. Unsure, he reaches out a wing to it's fur...

Do dogs eat birds?
    The dog turns in surprise at the feathery touch. Seeing the strange creature he sniffs, at him curiously.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "M'kay, well~"
    But then 'Dancer starts to sing; and by the end (which is when Naku finds that she can speak again), she has tears in her eyes.
    They haven't started to fall yet, but they're there.
    ". . . what was I saying?
    I don't remember."
    Flarg shrugs I believe the topic was our mutual dislike of people who hunt vampires.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

4. - Top - End - #1264

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Flarg shrugs I believe the topic was our mutual dislike of people who hunt vampires.
    "Right, right.

Yeah.

Yeah them."

Naku says, still fairly distracted.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

5. - Top - End - #1265

GnomeWizardGuy

Flarg laughs a bit and gets off his stool, stumbling a bit as he heads for the door. He figures it's a good a time as any to leave.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ogre in the Playground

Sonnya continues petting the dog slowly. She loooks at Thurilyet warily.

7. - Top - End - #1267

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Flarg laughs a bit and gets off his stool, stumbling a bit as he heads for the door. He figures it's a good a time as any to leave.
    "And where do you think you're going?
    You can barely stand. You're welcome to a room for at least as long as you need to be able to stand up straight."

Naku appears to object to him leaving.
    Though exactly why might not be terribly obvious.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

8. - Top - End - #1268

"Fine then Fade, whatever."
    He then walks away.
    He re-appears next to Naku though, trying to nuzzle her leg.

---

Megan shakes her head.
    "Not at all, I'm just so full..."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #1269

Fade shadow just shrugs.

"Seems like pony things are not able to ask. Poor things."

And with that the shadow returns to his master, who goes back to the bar now.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-03-26 at 03:12 PM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Orc in the Playground

The inn's door opens, and in walks a strange looking man. He is dressed in a long black coat that has been ripped and repaired innumerable times, so it is covered with patches and stitches. He has heavy boots, and gloves with metal studs on the knuckles. His face is pale, and has several scars running across it, including one over his left eye. Apparently whatever caused the scar destroyed his eye as well, for it is dead white and blind. He has long black hair bound into braids, with metal beads fastening them together. He walks with a pronounced limp, and he stares around the room wildly, his one eye wide and feverish. Slowly making his way to the bar, he sits down and collapses, holding his head in his hands.
    "Give me something to drink. Without alcohol." His voice is raspy and broken, as if he had just been shouting.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1271

The bar boy Fade places a glass in front of him which slightly glow green. This drink is called Nuke Cola.

"Got a hard day?"

12. - Top - End - #1272

"Fine then Fade, whatever."
    He then walks away.
    He re-appears next to Naku though, trying to nuzzle her leg.
    "Hey, Dancer. How are you?"
    She asks, reaching down to scratch behind his ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The bar boy Fade places a glass in front of him which slightly glow green. This drink is called Nuke Cola.

"Got a hard day?"
    "Fade.
    Radioactivity kills people; I suggest offering him juice or water."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1273

"I'm good because I'm going to marry the most fantastic woman in the world soon enough."
    "Did you like my song?"
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #1274

"Hey, Dancer. How are you?"
    She asks, reaching down to scratch behind his ears.

"Fade.
    Radioactivity kills people; I suggest offering him juice or water."
    Fade shakes his head.

"This is just a sweet drink which glooms. I drink it myself and I didn't get hurt. I also saw someone else drink it and he didn t die. Butler was his Name."

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Orc in the Playground

"S'fine," says the one eyed man, without moving, "I like radioactivity." He pulls in the drink and takes a deep swig from it. He licks his lips and shudders.
    "Tangy." He rubs his eyes wearily and drinks again.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-03-27 at 05:08 PM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1276

With Thurilyet deadtimed, the dog turns back to look over to the belly rubby lady. What's she been up to?

What. Is. That!?

It's black. It's got four legs. And a horn-thingy. Investigation! The dog runs to Songdancer and tries to sniff at him. Sniff Sniff.

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #1277

"I'm good because I'm going to marry the most fantastic woman in the world soon enough."
    "Did you like my song?"
    "Mhmm, it was great. I really liked it."
    Naku say, nodding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Fade shakes his head.

"This is just a sweet drink which glooms. I drink it myself and I didn't get hurt. I also saw someone else drink it and he didn t die. Butler was his Name."
    "Yes, Fade. But how many times have you gone out of your way to say that you're different from everyone else?"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1278

Fade now looks at Naku. He is a bit annoyed.

"Don't think I'm stupid. As I said I saw another person drinking it as well. He introduced me that drink. He didn't got hurt. If you worry about that drink, why do you have it here?"

He makes a short break. It was on his first day here where Fear served him Nuke Cola and showed him many different kinds of it.

"But yes I'm different. As you are different from Songdancer and he is different from fear and he is different from Sorrow. Everyone is unique."

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Orc in the Playground

"You can say that again," says the man in black, "'specially 'round here. Weird names, too. You're Fade, right? And Naku? 'm Reaper. Bloody stupid name, but it's all I've got." He hunches down in his seat, staring morosely at the bar.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1280

Fade looks at the man.

"If you dislike your name. Take one you like."

He should notice that fade speaks with an emotionless voice. No special sounds or else. A bit creepy.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Orc in the Playground

Reaper looks askance at Fade.
    "Couldn't do that. Can't get rid of me name. It was a gift, after all. 's important." He shakes his head. "At least it used to be." He doesn't seem to think Fade's lack of emotion is in any way unusual.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1282

Fade just shrugs.

"If a force stops you from changing it then you have to live with it. Such gifts are bad, it leaves you no choice."

Bad Fade you got a gift as well. You just don't wear it because it's not cold outside anymore.

23. - Top - End - #1283

"Mhmm, it was great. I really liked it."
    Naku say, nodding.
    "That's good! I wrote it because I love you, Naku."
    He then frowns at Fade.
    "Maybe so Fade, but remember that Naku is your boss. And when your boss asks you to not serve someone a certain drink, it's usually a good idea to listen."
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    [Tiefling's room]

Raennall enters, and notices the beds and the scent. It does not show, but she is trying to place that smell. Smell is most closely tied to memory of all the senses so she should figure it out quickly.

She pauses briefly, waiting for some indication of where she should sit, then will park herself in the indicated spot and wait for the others to settle in before opening the discussion with...

"My greatest concern is for your sister. By your response, you all are concerned as well." Clearly she was surprised that they all followed because she had not realized by Carrion's description just how concerning this situation with their sister was. After all, in the Lady's experience some people regularly choose to head off alone for a while and resurface when they're good and ready.

"I asked to speak to you privately because I am employed by a man known as Magtok, but I must keep that information strictly confidential. There is also opportunity for the group of you in that area later. I am also employed by the Neutral Organization. I would be happy to use either of these connections to help you find her, just fill me in on what is happening, please." Her focus has clearly shifted from business to family, as it should for family comes first.
    The Lady is likely able to identify the odor as a mixture of cold air and starlight, then.

"To the best of our knowledge, Despair was in a recently bought home in Riverside, checking to make sure that the damage - the city has had a less than pleasant past, and it was partially burnt at one point - was repaired before we began making preparations to move there,"
    Carrion explains, taking a seat next to Fear, and gesturing for Raennall to sit wherever she wishes. "This should, even assuming that she was delayed for some reason, have meant she got back no later than the next morning, which, clearly she didn't. Of course, there's was the possibility of her having chosen to take some time off in Riverside, but as not only would she usually have informed us to prevent concern, it's now been several days, and we haven't been able to get in touch with her in any way, even to the extent of being yelled at to stop bothering her, that seems rather unlikely."

"There's also the fact that we tracked her from the house," Fear elaborates, nodding somewhat. "The trail appeared abruptly in the front hall, meaning that she had, for some reason, suddenly Nether-formed there, was of an intensity indicating that the time she did so would have been just about the same time she got there, and then led to an abandoned car park, which stunk of Nether-flames, physically and magically, meaning she'd almost certainly fought there. Unfortunately, something caused her to go back to her normal form at that point, and there was no way, with our abilities, to tell where she'd gone after that."

25. - Top - End - #1285

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    With Thurilyet deadtimed, the dog turns back to look over to the belly rubby lady. What's she been up to?

What. Is. That!?

It's black. It's got four legs. And a horn-thingy. Investigation! The dog runs to Songdancer and tries to sniff at him. Sniff Sniff.
    Thurilyet slowly creeps over. Welll, here goes...

The dog feels a soft, feathery touch on it!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

26. - Top - End - #1286

Bird thingy? He never got a proper scent from Thurilyet. No time like the present! The dog sniffs at the kenku.

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #1287

He smells like the street. He's been a beggar for a while. His eyes are warm and friendly though, unlike his street smell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

28. - Top - End - #1288

The dog has smelled a great deal worse. The bird-thingy gets a lick hello. After that the dog stands waiting in front of Thurilyet. Perhaps there is something the bird thingy wants from him.

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #1289

Not really. He's never seen a dog before. He laughs happily! The 12 year old bird pets him some more!

Can talk?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

30. - Top - End - #1290

Well this is the German Shepard's first time meeting with a kenku, so they're even. He pants happily as he's petted, his tongue hanging out. Nope, he can't talk.

My Characters