New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Moving List?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Moving List?

I'm moving to a new apartment on Saturday with one of my buddies and I'm really excited about it! However, I can't seem to find a 'moving list' of things to get done, just to make sure I don't totally forget something important. If anyone knows a good one, or has some tips from experience, I'd greatly appreciate it

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Moving List?

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9001 View Post
    I'm moving to a new apartment on Saturday with one of my buddies and I'm really excited about it! However, I can't seem to find a 'moving list' of things to get done, just to make sure I don't totally forget something important. If anyone knows a good one, or has some tips from experience, I'd greatly appreciate it
    Off the top of my head:

• Make sure that utilities (Gas, electricity, phone) are set up. Take meter readings when you arrive in case of disputes with bills - even if the bills are included in the rent.
    • Make sure you know how the division of bills is going to take place.
    • Make sure that anything like TV Licences are sorted out.
    • Make sure you have enough food for a short period to allow time for finding shops (and shopping, naturally).
    • Make sure that you know what is going to be in the flat:
      • Is there a bed there?
      • What do you need in the way of bedding (I reccommend having a sleeping bag just in case)
      • Do you need to supply cutlery, crockery, kettles and other such aids to gracious living?
      • How many of the fixtures and fittings are going to be there? (Not joking - previous tenants have been known to remove everything not nailed down. Including light bulbs...)
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

This obviously depends on where you are moving from and what you are bringing with you, but I'd highly recommend you have something to sit on, like a couch. Nothing worse than spending an entire day moving a bunch of heavy furniture and boxes, only to have to sit on the floor.
    I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Toilet Paper!
    Many thanks to Ceika for my Avatar