New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

Murder Scene

Oddly enough, her body is missing all of its blood. No blood at all. Seems like the work of a stereotypical vampire doesn't it? Except...there are no bite marks. Like the murderer just sucked up all her blood and fluids without even touching her. It's frightening. She was a rather beautiful woman. Excewpt, her hands are missing. The murderer took her hands.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Lots of Hope Hospital

Adir can't help but laugh at the child, and after a moment's consideration, he leans forward to try and pick her up. Rabbit and all. "C'mere, kiddo," He says amusedly, settling her into the crook of his arm and rocking gently. "You like rabbits huh? I had a pet rabbit, once..."

Adir suddenly blinks, recalling something he'd wanted to ask Sakura, and looks at her. "That reminds me, how would you feel about a, uh, pet?"

I would assume this is a while after the other scene at the Union, during the time where their house is being built.
    Lots of Hope Hospital

Sounds about right to me.

Laela continues to gnaw on her rabbit despite being picked up. She looks up intently at Adir, as if she knows what he's talking about.

Sakura grabs a cloth she's learned to keep on her and uses it to wipe a bit of drool off Laela's chin. "A pet?" She asks, looking up to Adir. "What kind of pet." She's never really thought about it.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

[Soul Quest]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I don't think this place ever gets not crowded, Sophie remarks. Maybe we should try getting somewhere higher up, so we're above the crowd?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Mikani, needless to say, is keeping a close eye on Pearl so she doesn't get into trouble!
    "But if we do that, we might lose track of it. Or somebody might buy it and destroy it," the Magical Girl points out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "If someone buys it, it'll be easier to find. I don't think it can be destroyed..." Someone already tried that, remember?

"But that's actually a really good idea Sophie. Let's do that." She wishes she had thought of it.
    Irene looks around for a good vantage point and starts heading in that direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Good thing too. Because Pearl starts to wander toward one of the martet stalls.

There are some stairs that may lead to an upper balcony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Irene goes to float up the steps to the upper balcony and look down at the crowd from there.
    Pearl wanders toward what looks to be a deli of some kind.

Irene floats toward a set of stairs that leads to the roof of a nearby building.

Sallianne follows.

Sophie.... presumably follows?

Irene's Souldar reacts better up here. It points her in a direction toward the East end of the market. There are two large crowds gathered around small stalls that seem to be selling something very important.

But Irene can't quite see what they are selling.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #604
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nexus Contractors Union

"If youse insist, but I'm warning you that it'll be a real pain to clean, and make even more unusable space you could be using for that garden. A lot of you types don't realize what a pain chimneys can be, but it you're still set on it, I'll include it in the drafts." The foreman shakes his head at Adir's insistence. It'll make the build that much more complicated, but PCs get what PCs want.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Bugbear in the Playground

Murder Scene

Okay, that's.... That's just weird. After another quick search to confirm that the hands are indeed missing, Ray squeamishly begins examine the remaining parts. No blood, but no bitemarks either.... Unless the bitemarks were on the hands. Plenty of veins on the wrists and hands, so yeah, that might make sense. A vampire drained her and then chopped her up to conceal the marks.

Except, no, there's blood all over the alleyway. She was drained after she was killed. So a blood mage maybe, or a necromancer of some sort?

"A ******* snipe hunt is what it is." Ray concludes, wrapping up the various bits in newspaper and hauling them into his house, before peeling off the now thoroughly bloodstained gloves and heading out towards this "Dusty Flagon" place. Shouldn't be too hard to find, Ray being quite familiar with the various bars and speak-easies of Inside.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Murder Scene => Dusty Flagon

Very strange indeed! Well, nothing left to do here. The streets aren't too crowded, which is probably why no ones noticed the corpse Ray found yet. The Dusty Flagon is a very small joint in the middle of two apartments. It's shabby and old. A man with a large black cloak lurks outside. He whispers to Ray as the invetigator walks up to the door. You with the
    cops? If you are...I'm not selling nothing...If yer not a cop, care for a watch?

7. - Top - End - #607

Outside the Dusty Flagon

"I ain't a cop, but I might be interested in buying a watch." Ray responds, trying to hold back a snicker. This guy was a walking cliche. The cops must be blind not to have caught him yet.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Dusty Flagon

The man opens his coat exposing about ten watches hanging there. Most are cheap, but two at the bottom are gold and expensive. They look much like the one Helga had in the package. See anything ya like? He sneers.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Quest]

"Let's go check out that commotion. Probably related." Irene says, pointing it out and then going to float off in that direction. Time to check out the stalls!

She'll float down to the ground first though, so the rest can follow a little easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #610

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Generic Street

Well, I'd be pretty pissed too if I were them. I mean, first they die and get turned into horrible undead abominations, then they have to go climb a ****-ton of stairs, and just when they're finally getting the hang of it some jerkface goes and kicks them back down!

Some people just don't have any manners at all.

And speaking of stupid people with no manners, here comes Dwayne again, trying to hack 'n stab away at the wights while they're still disoriented and struggling to regain their footing!
    Jerks that stab people are the worst kind of jerks.

The ice Wight gets stabbed right in the face and melts away into a heap of filthy looking snow! Wow! That sure was easy! Apparently their head is their weak point or something? That sure does sound familiar for some reason...

Anywho!

The other two Wights have pulled themselves back to their feet! The wispy one lunges at the lad in a bid to lash at him with claws like the cruel north wind!

[Hospital ==> Arkham Street]

Whoop! Time to go!

Freddy will book it toward the door. Any shuffling undead he encounters along the way will get a face full of fox-fire as he darts past them! Sorry, no time to fight, running away!

The party should be able to get out of the spooky place without too much trouble!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #611

Outside the Dusty Flagon

"Maybe. But I wanna take a closer look first, make sure you're not trying to sell me fools gold here." Ray's already sure this is the guy who sold Helga the watch, but he wants to keep the crook talking, find out if he knows anything 'bout the murders. "That one." He indicates one of the two expensive looking watches.

12. - Top - End - #612

Arkham Street

Pepper is easily lifted up. The little thing is far too light, a little bundle of fur and bones. She curls up against Vidalia's chest, burying her fuzzy little head in the woman's shirt and clings to it with her paws, little claws pricking through the fabric.

Only when they escape to the safety of outside the hospital does Pepper peer up at Vidalia.
    "Um. Miss? You said you had food..."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

13. - Top - End - #613
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Lots of Hope Hospital

Sounds about right to me.

Laela continues to gnaw on her rabbit despite being picked up. She looks up intently at Adir, as if she knows what he's talking about.

Sakura grabs a cloth she's learned to keep on her and uses it to wipe a bit of drool off Laela's chin. "A pet?" She asks, looking up to Adir. "What kind of pet." She's never really thought about it.
    "Oh, I don't know. Something exotic. Like a dog, but cooler," Adir suggests, grinning. "Maybe something that can protect you and Laela if I'm not around."

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Nexus Contractors Union

"If youse insist, but I'm warning you that it'll be a real pain to clean, and make even more unusable space you could be using for that garden. A lot of you types don't realize what a pain chimneys can be, but it you're still set on it, I'll include it in the drafts." The foreman shakes his head at Adir's insistence. It'll make the build that much more complicated, but PCs get what PCs want.
    "I'll take full responsibility for it. Keep it clean and all," More like hire someone to keep it clean. "Besides, we don't have to have the whole garden on top of the hill."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #614
    Troll in the Playground

{Arkham Street}

I don't have any food on me. I said I can get you something to eat. She looks to Freddy. Do you want to go with us to Trog's?

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Outside the Dusty Flagon

"Maybe. But I wanna take a closer look first, make sure you're not trying to sell me fools gold here." Ray's already sure this is the guy who sold Helga the watch, but he wants to keep the crook talking, find out if he knows anything 'bout the murders. "That one." He indicates one of the two expensive looking watches.
    Fool's Gold? Oh no. My wares a hundred percent real, and expensive. The man hands Ray a gold watch. Real gold. I sold another one to a young woman last night. She was just leaving. Name was....Hellsha or somethin'. Good quality. Twenty-five gold.

16. - Top - End - #616

[Arkham Street]

The Huldra, after peering around at pedestrians wandering about, focuses for a few moments on a well to do looking fellow and POOF! takes the shape of a early 20th century female in matching garb! And she's quite the looker, too! As is generally the case with any humanoid form the Huldra takes by employing Beguiling Illusions.

Freddy frowns a bit at the dress and grumps, "How are people supposed to move in these...?"

She then flashes a winning smile at Vidalia. "Sure! That sounds like a plan. We did promise Pepper something to eat after all."

It just wouldn't be right to break their word!

Only a terrible person would do that.

To Trog's?

17. - Top - End - #617
    Troll in the Playground

{Arkham Street}

Carefully. Vidalia gives Freddy a once over. Let's go.

To Trog's.

18. - Top - End - #618

Outside the Dusty Flagon

"Oh, really?" Ray says nonchalantly, still feigning interest in the watch. "Would you happen to know any places nearby where a guy could get something like this engraved?" Now there's the real question. Unless the watch Helga bought just happened to already have the name Derek engraved on it, she had to get the inscription done somewhere. Heck, maybe she even asked the very same question.

General Street

Dwayne is already on the retreat when the wind wight lunges at him, backing up the stairs as quick as he can in the hopes of avoiding just such an attack. Obviously he can't actually evade the attack in the confined quarters of the stairwell, but the distance buys him enough time to quickly raise one hand to protect his eyes, which in addition to the armor covering his chest means the wight's claws will only manage to tear into the relatively hardy flesh of his arms and legs rather than anything vital.

Still hurts like nuts and gets a less-than-flattering cry of pain out of the would-be hero though, Dwayne flailing blindly about with his sword in response, aiming high in the hopes of landing a lucky strike to the wight's empty skull as he continues to retreat.

19. - Top - End - #619

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    A moment after Ivaz finishes speaking, Talia has a long, slender, knife in her hand, ready to throw. "No killing them. Unless they ask you to, anyway; in that case, go ahead."
    Ivaz watches the knife. But not with any kind of worry or fear. She isn't concerned about Talia attacking her.

No, she seems interested in the knife itself. Watching it like a swordsman would watch a new blade being set on a display.

After a moment, her eyes slide back to Talia's and she chuckles. People asking me to kill them? Without any torture first? Huh. That's new.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside the Dusty Flagon

...Engraved? Oh...um. Alright. I know a jewel-crafter. He does stuff like that I think...lives down the street. That woman asked me the same question yesterday....Say...you aren't after that girl are you? She into trouble? The man is just curious.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, I don't know. Something exotic. Like a dog, but cooler," Adir suggests, grinning. "Maybe something that can protect you and Laela if I'm not around."
    [Lots of Hope Hospital]

"I'll have to leave that up to you then. I wouldn't know where to start." Sakura grins. She doesn't mind the idea of a pet at all.

Clearly they need to catch wind of the NO wolf pups and somehow talk Dipsnig into letting them adopt one. *nodnod*

"I'll take full responsibility for it. Keep it clean and all," More like hire someone to keep it clean. "Besides, we don't have to have the whole garden on top of the hill."
    [Nexus Contractors Union]

"Yeah, I can spread out a little bit. Maybe off to one side..." She gets to pondering her garden again. That'll put her mind off the fireplace for a bit.

22. - Top - End - #622

Outside the Dusty Flagon

"Why would I be after her? And why would you think she's in trouble? All I asked was where one could go to get a watch engraved, can't be that rare of a question." Ray says, guessing by how quickly the watch-seller jumped to conclusions that the bloke saw something suspicious and trying to nudge him towards talking about it.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside the Dusty Flagon

The man just frowns. "Well...she works here...She didn't come to work this morning. I peddle my wares here. She occasionally brings some breakfast for the inn workers that show up really early.. Nice girl".

24. - Top - End - #624

[Generic Street]

General Street?

Where's that?

Anywho!

Oddly enough the wound from the air Wight's claws doesn't hurt one bit! Dwayne will likely just find himself bleeding all over the place later. Stupid bleeding.

The flailing attack manages to accomplish very little! This Wight seems to be a bit quicker and has the sense to actually dodge things. Wuh oh!

Still having trouble with the stairs though...

Quickly!

Flee to the roof!

[Arkham Street ==> Trog's]

Freddy totally goes to Trog's!
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-05-01 at 10:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #625

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Ivaz watches the knife. But not with any kind of worry or fear. She isn't concerned about Talia attacking her.

No, she seems interested in the knife itself. Watching it like a swordsman would watch a new blade being set on a display.

After a moment, her eyes slide back to Talia's and she chuckles. People asking me to kill them? Without any torture first? Huh. That's new.

[Alley near DFI]

The string guy just watches the scene, he doesn't interrupt the intimidating and only speaks up to comments the current ideas.

"I don't think the hat is a good idea. I more likly want something everyone can enter and not only when your around little rex. The other things sound quiet nice. And a building with potentional hostages is much more usefull, as long as the others stick to the rules."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #626

Outside the Dusty Flagon

"Well, I guess that's a fair reason. And seeing as you've been kind enough to answer my questions, I'll answer your's. She's dead." Um, Ray? Pretty sure you're not supposed to tell people you run into on the street about this sorta stuff. Especially when they're a suspect and the culprit might just kill you if he finds out you're on the case.

"I'm a sleuth, a private detective. I was, ah, looking for a lost family heirloom on account of a client of mine when I found her body stuffed in a dumpster, hacked to bits and drained of every last drop of blood." Well, at least he has the common sense not to tell a murder suspect where he lives. "Now, I found one of your time pieces on the body and you yourself said you sold it to her last night, just before the killing. What I want to know is if you saw anyone or anything suspicious at the time, maybe someone following her, or watching her when she left work?"

Ray's watching the man's reactions very carefully. Takes a good actor to feign a believable response to being told someone you knew was killed in such a horrible fashion, and judging from this bozo's attempts to be 'inconspicuous' in his illegal dealings, well, Ray would guess he doesn't have a drop of acting talent in his body.

Generic Street

And flee to the roof is exactly what Dwayne plans to do, backpedaling up the stairs with considerably more pep in his step now that he knows the sights have figured out how to dodge. He was.... He was pretty much counting on them being worse at dodging than he was at hitting.

Looks like he's going to have to rely upon magic tricks for this one. Grabbing a handful of that explosive magic powder, Dwayne throws a handful of it onto one of the steps as he scrambles upward. With any luck the pursuing undead will land one of it's bare feet in the hastily set trap and set off the dust's incendiary properties.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-05-02 at 01:39 AM.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lots of Hope Hospital]

"I'll have to leave that up to you then. I wouldn't know where to start." Sakura grins. She doesn't mind the idea of a pet at all.

Clearly they need to catch wind of the NO wolf pups and somehow talk Dipsnig into letting them adopt one. *nodnod*

"Well I don't want to pick something you aren't, y'know, comfortable with," Adir explains. He turns his attention on Laela, talking while he tugs on her rabbit a little. Not really trying to take it, just messing with her a little. "Something fuzzy. I want to say a wolf, but those things are hard to tame." Gee, I wonder where Adir got that idea. How odd. >.>
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post

The knife is quite well made, with a set of up-tilted hooks on one side of the blade, and ones that curve down on the other; it also has a skull enameled on the pommel, and ridges on the hilt in the shape of skeletal fingers, designed so that Talia's fingers will fit perfectly between them, presumably to provide a better grip.

"The torture comes after, so that they can remember how to feel," she replies brightly, sounding altogether too cheerful for someone discussing things like this. "But yes, some of them might ask you to kill them without you having to do anything beforehand, including meeting them."

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

"I'm not scared of any animals or anything like that. I wouldn't mind a wolf as long as it's safe for Laela." The dryad runs her fingers through the baby's budding flowers.

At the little tug, the ear pops right out of Laela's mouth. She blinks a few times, taking a moment to comprehend what just happened. She spots the ear again in short order and immediately grabs at it to put in her mouth again.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Harnel will be allowed in the room, and can even sit right next to the bed and hold Cessie's hand. One of the rocketfairies takes particular note of him, flitting about and looking him over.

Cessie will get very good medical care... but maybe not the care she really wants. The doctors will do what they know is best for her, not necessarily what she wants them to do. However, they will be there to do the things that doctors do to help a mother in labor, like breathing exercises.

Adir and Sakura will have to wait in the waiting room, but Harnel and Cessie will be told that they are waiting. Rocket fairies are nearby, most of them flit in and out of the room as if on errands but one seems very interested in Sakura's hair. It might be noticed that they specifically avoid Laela.
    [Lots of Hope Hospital]

Cessie's labor (as confirmed by SC) will take about ten hours to complete. As Cessie told Adir, the first born is a boy with a pair of wings, a tail, and dragon feet, with scales running along his forearms and legs. The girl, born second merely has a tail, but has more scales along her back and limbs than the boy. Even then, she has more skin than scales.

During the entire time, Harnel will remain by Cessie's side, and will hold her hand through the entire ordeal.

And did I mention they both have completely crimson skin? I wonder how Cessie will react to that
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-05-02 at 08:55 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.