New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

[Animal Shelter]

The druid lady walks up to Arel.
    "Hello dear, I'm here to try and help you. How are you feeling?"
    The woman seems kind, while talking to Arel she'll look her over a bit. See if she can find something useful.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

[Animal Shelter]

Each of the six vines is about five feet in length, though she has them resting near her body now. If the druid knows what she's looking at, she might be able to identify the vines as those belonging to a Yellow Musk Creeper. Arel's skin also has a somewhat yellow tinge to it and in some places where her veins are visible they look green, especially on her arms.

Arel gives Rein a puzzled look. She doesn't even know what a druid is. "Help me?" But her attention is quickly redirected to the woman. "I feel fine."

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Troll in the Playground

Rooftops

Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    Brimstone is caught a little offguard by this maneuver, and his first reaction is to make her escape attempt even harder. Oh, she wouldn't. OK, OK, think, think, thinkthinkthink FIREBALLS.

This is immediately followed by several fireballs being thrown ahead of Salixtra. The resulting collateral damage is the last thing on his mind. Come on, lead the target...
    Salixtra comes to a sudden halt and whirls to face her pursuer, staff held out defensively in front of her. It's time to make this asshat suffer for getting in her way.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Master Dahl's Bakery

Elias closes the window and heads downstairs, where he opens the door to the bakery to let Hekta and Sparklewings inside. There is enough room for them, but only barely. The front of the store is only meant as a place for customers to choose their goods and pay. It isn't meant as a restaurant with room for people to sit.

At this point, all of the leftover food from today is considered "day old" and is wrapped up to be put on the discount tray for tomorrow. Elias brings out the goods - meat pies, sweet rolls, scones, doughnuts, bread, etc.

Sadly, there is not a large amount of it. Certainly not enough for the two appetites in the room now. The bakery is a business after all, and they try not to make more product than they expect to sell.

"Hekta, weren't you scared to fly?" Elias asks. Though he might not get an answer if she immediately stuffs her face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Master Dahl's Bakery

Kashi nods in agreement. He can make enough coins to pay for everyone's food, even Elias' if he wants to sample some of his own wares along with them. When it comes to impromptu midnight bakery parties, the more the merrier.

Kashi just hopes that this isn't the kind of bakery that throws out anything more than a day old. He really doesn't want to have to go dumpster diving if the bakery proves to have too little in the way of tasty treats.
    Master Dahl's Bakery

"Not at all." Hekta lies before stuffing her mouth with a donut. "I'm *much* fly some day *much*" Her small wings flap weakly, it's hard to believe they would ever be able to lift her body.

5. - Top - End - #1085

Master Dahl's Bakery

Hmm, this is still a fair amount of stuff they're eating. Kashi better pay for it before-hand.

Well, not before that donut Hekta is snacking on, but before he starts in on his own meal.

With a rippling shudder of bronze scales, the dragon strains for a moment before disgorging a massive lump of solid gold from his mouth. If Elias looks carefully, he'll see that it's made up of fused together coins, encrusted with barnacles and other tarnish that holds it all together.

Pirate gold! Slightly crusty, but very valuable. Should be more than enough to pay for a day worth of bakery goods.

Now it's time to chow down. With a light trill, Kashi grabs a rack of scones and starts eating with gusto.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

[Animal Shelter]

"Yes, with the plants." Reinholdt responds to Arel, but otherwise stays out of the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #1087

[Red Zone Alleyway]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The Hunters don't have any such abilities. Looks like the only way for them to get down there is to simply dig, but that doesn't seem particularily feasible... the best they can do is to begin a stakeout of the place, waiting for some of the creatures to re-appear.
    The Hunters will be waiting for a few hours, but eventually the noises that have been persistent will start to increase in volume. They may also start to hear a rapid pitter-patter that comes with the creatures running. And in a few minutes, they'll hear scratching against the ground and dirt being moved.

8. - Top - End - #1088

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Rooftops

Salixtra comes to a sudden halt and whirls to face her pursuer, staff held out defensively in front of her. It's time to make this asshat suffer for getting in her way.
    As soon as she turns to face Brimstone, she'll see four things she's bound to dislike.

1. Brimstone is coming right at her.

2. Brimstone's about to punch her, and it's aimed for the face.

3. The fist being used for said punch happens to be on fire.

4. He doesn't seem all that worried about the fact that she's gotten into a classic defensive position.

And the demon's not stopping.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Orc in the Playground

Red Zone- Rooftops

What do you mean? Surely that scabbard was just the right size for Kyinde's sword all along.

Also, if Kyinde starts picturing somewhere she wants to go, the stone foot will wiggle her toes and teleport her there.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Animal Shelter]

Bobbie is also watching and trying to stay out of the way!
    For the moment, at least.

She has crept a teensy bit closer to Arel, possibly to get a better look at those vines and other little...imperfections.
    Clearly the woman is curious.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

11. - Top - End - #1091

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

[DMC]

"He is called the god of machines in the world I came from. he brought us the power to spend live to the machines around us. That way we could work together with them like druids do."

She waits a bit not knowing if she ever heared of druids. (They aren't common where she lived)
    DMC
    "Ah...that makes sense..."
    "Are there any specifics to follow while worshiping him?"

She is quite anxious to start a new life of living a life according to her new deity!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

Danae appears just outside in a small puff of smoke and brimstone. After removing her horns, tail, and fangs, the little girl pushes open the door and steps inside (Assuming no locks).
    Hello? Is anyone here?
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Troll in the Playground

Master Dahl's Bakery

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Master Dahl's Bakery

"Not at all." Hekta lies before stuffing her mouth with a donut. "I'm *much* fly some day *much*" Her small wings flap weakly, it's hard to believe they would ever be able to lift her body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Master Dahl's Bakery

Hmm, this is still a fair amount of stuff they're eating. Kashi better pay for it before-hand.

Well, not before that donut Hekta is snacking on, but before he starts in on his own meal.

With a rippling shudder of bronze scales, the dragon strains for a moment before disgorging a massive lump of solid gold from his mouth. If Elias looks carefully, he'll see that it's made up of fused together coins, encrusted with barnacles and other tarnish that holds it all together.

Pirate gold! Slightly crusty, but very valuable. Should be more than enough to pay for a day worth of bakery goods.

Now it's time to chow down. With a light trill, Kashi grabs a rack of scones and starts eating with gusto.

He takes the weird gold that Kashi coughed up and picks it up with a towel to carry it into the kitchen and leave it in the sink to be washed up in the morning. That should definitely be enough to cover all the leftover baked goods of the day! Master Dahl will be pleased.

"Your wings aren't big enough to carry you," Elias says to Hekta.

Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    As soon as she turns to face Brimstone, she'll see four things she's bound to dislike.

1. Brimstone is coming right at her.

2. Brimstone's about to punch her, and it's aimed for the face.

3. The fist being used for said punch happens to be on fire.

4. He doesn't seem all that worried about the fact that she's gotten into a classic defensive position.

And the demon's not stopping.
    No, Salixtra likes none of these things. And when choosing between a fireball and a fireball wrapped around a fist, it's not a difficult decision. She might have stayed to fight if he'd stated with a less dangerous move, but a punch to the face, with superhuman strength? That could give her a concussion. Brain damage. Death.

Fire is way less frightening.

And so she uses her staff again to change direction, and it seems to give her some thrust to allow her to leap away from the demon and through the wall of fire. She drops something as she jumps though. Two things, actually. The first is another flash orb. The other... it's hard to tell what it is, as it's currently rolling towards the edge of the roof.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-05-24 at 04:23 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #1094

Brimstone is quick to consider his options. On the one hand, Salixtra just leaped through a wall of fire and is probably getting away. On the other hand, what she stole might be rolling across the rooftop.

I can catch her later. With that thought, Brimstone goes for the unidentified object, careful to shield his eyes from the more-recognizable flash orb. Salixtra might get away, but at least what she's denied the opportunity to make off with what she stole.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

Rooftops

The item Brimstone finds is an egg sized gem, blue in colour, and pulsing with magic. But is it the item she stole? Perhaps the owner of the vault can tell him.

Salixtra makes it to the other side of the fire and gets away. Presumably with scorch damage.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Troll in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    Danae appears just outside in a small puff of smoke and brimstone. After removing her horns, tail, and fangs, the little girl pushes open the door and steps inside (Assuming no locks).
    Hello? Is anyone here?
    Continuity breaks down in a corner and cries...

...as the ponytailed redhead who appears to be in her early to mid teens (it's hard to tell) behind the counter looks up and smiles. "Oh, hi there, welcome to the Needle and Thread. I'm Jamie, can I help you?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Titan in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

Danae smiles back. This time, no fangs.
    Quite possibly. Are you Quinn's daughter?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Troll in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

"Yup! I'm Jamie. Jamie Misaki Catherine Druid," Jamie introduces herself fully. "What's your name?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

Danae's smile becomes more of a grin at this point.
    Danae. Adopted name, Danae Rock. Is Aunt Lilith in?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Troll in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

"...oh! You're part of Miss Lilith's family? I'm afraid she's on vacation at the moment," Jamie says, smiling apologetically.

(Since Art is, IIRC, in Sicily right now.)

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Danae shrugs
    I should be in town for a while. When is she due back?

(I knew I was forgetting something)

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Theater Plot]

For now, Demon Queen just focuses on keeping the innocents, and herself, free of bullet holes. She does this by constantly keeping her arms moving in front of her, thus keeping the kinetic forces at her command moving. These would deflect the bullets before blocking them, but some may get blocked as well.

She keeps an eye on what she can, taking note of who's shooting who. That info may come in use later.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Troll in the Playground

[Theater Plot]

((Gah. I lost track of this again. >.<))

Shrike, for her part, is spinning her Daiklave and using that to deflect and block as well!

((Since I have no idea what else is going on. -_-))

===

[Needle and Thread]

"Oh, it shouldn't be too long. Um, and I think her husband and kids are around too." Jamie shrugs.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Titan in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

I'm surprised she didn't take the kids. But do you know where my uncle would be then? He's probably gotten into trouble, and besides, Gramps gave me a message for him.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

25. - Top - End - #1105

Rooftops

The item Brimstone finds is an egg sized gem, blue in colour, and pulsing with magic. But is it the item she stole? Perhaps the owner of the vault can tell him.

Salixtra makes it to the other side of the fire and gets away. Presumably with scorch damage.
    Looking down at the gem, and then in the direction Salixtra fled, the demon leans down to pick the gem up. "Magical. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing she'd use." He glances down at the flash orb and once again shields his vision. Not sure if I should leave it here for someone else to find, or dispose of it safely... After a moment's consideration, he turns to jump back down into the alley below, leaving the flash orb where it is.

Spoiler
    Show

Destro says:

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

"Um, honestly, no - I just heard he was 'back in town'," Jamie says apologetically.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Titan in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

Danae grins.
    Knowing him, that means he'll be in the Tavern. When the wife's away and all that. If Aunt Lilith gets back, let her know I stopped by. I hope I'm still in Town, but who knows.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Troll in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

"I will! And I wouldn't mind talking more sometime maybe?" Jamie asks, hopefully. She likes making friends!

And she needs to rebuild the magical girl team too.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

Definitely.
    And in a puff that releases a little smoke and brimstone, Danae vanishes.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Troll in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

And Jamie, aka Druid Princess Mikani, goes back to work helping NPCs!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew