New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Curious View Post
    Market Street
    Kaalia is so excited she doesn't even notice the shop is closed, bumping into the door she expected to be open. "Huh, that's irksome," she comments, looking into the stores dark interior. "Oh well, perhaps I can come back later." She turns to look at Cass. "At least you got what you came here for," remarks the artificer with a grin.
    "Yeah, you should go back later and get your fancy clothes," Cass says. Despite the slight joke, she still isn't smiling about much. She is glad she doesn't have to deal with a tailor, though. "Me, I've got all I need for right now." She pats the spot where here extra clips are, though it's hard to see with her lined coat over the bandolier. "Where we headed next?"

[Red Zone Alleyway]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The Hunters take up positions behind cover and wait, gripping their weapons tightly.
    It takes a minute or two, but the Hunters will eventually see claws breaking through the dirt. Then, in almost an instant, four of the creatures have fully broken through the ground, sniffing for prey.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Theater Plot]

Fade still not 1100% sure who to kill now will use his shadow sliding near one of the guys shooting around (the NPC who aimed at him).

Jumping out of his shadow with a sword in hand glooming white on one edge and black on the other, he tries to execute the first one by slashing away his head. The sword itself is high magic and will drain the soul of people it wounds. The effect is as strong as the wound it causes is so a killing hit gives Fade back a lot more health then a scratch.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #1143

[Slums]

Oooh. So he's a spirit of some kind then! That's much better. Though, it's not often that the catamander sees kin like Freddie around. Though, the demon fox's demonstration was clearly quite impressive if her expression was to be judged accurately. "I see. That's pretty cool!" Nephea said, dodging the questions for just a bit longer. She was rather good at dodging in general.

Adjusting her cap, which happened to be the sort a 'newsie' would wear, she pushed it back somewhat so her ears could peek out from underneath. It got rather stuffy when she left them folded back against her head for too long. The horns were still hidden but probably not very well given the points where they held the soft hat up. "Weeeelll.." she began, trying to think of a good reason that would involve her hand in another person's pocket. Of course, given the unique nature of what had been in Freddie's pocket, she couldn't think of anything believable. So maybe the truth would be the next best thing? "Um.. Well, I was mostly looking for where you keep your money.."

4. - Top - End - #1144

[Slums]

Well.

There you go.

Reaction totally opposite of the people Freddie had met previously. Instead of being terrified this critter just shrugged it off. Even thinks the Huldra looks neat!

But then...

Most children seem to think the Huldra looks neat. Like Lily!

Anywho, sounds like this person is a pick-pocket. "I see..." the Huldra replies. The demon-fox' tone suggests that there is much disapproval of hands in pockets for the purpose of finding money. "Couldn't you just ask for some instead of trying to sneak it?"

That usually results in fewer hands being cut off.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Hotel of Cthulu?

Poor Javert is somewhat of a ghost himself. He is possessing his own corpse. Which is kinda creepy. But, eh. He's in way too much pain to think of anything. He doesn't notice the odd aura coming off here, or the sense he shouldn't be here. Javert was already dead though. He could come to little harm here. However, Lintha was not dead. Hopefully she wouldn't have to die for a while yet. He just groans in pain. Oblivious to anything.
    [Hotel of Zombie-Ghosts! (Sans Cthulhu)]

Creepy ghosts possessing their own bodies could still be imprisoned in a magical barrier attuned to ghost-trapping or banished from the mortal planes indefinitely. Javert may want to be on the lookout for any magical snares that could seal him away or bind him to anything.

Without further comment from the narrator, Lintha punches a button on the elevator's control panel and the small, enclosed machine begins to ascend. Pulleys squeak as the rickety pod climbs up to where the thirteenth floor would be and stops for but a brief second. When it grinds to a halt, Javert might hear a panicked and portending thunking against the door. The temperature rises inexplicably as an outlandish siren knells in the background. Then the lights flicker before the platform continues along its merry way up to the fifteenth floor, where it dings softly before the doors slowly peel open.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eadin View Post
    [Animal shelter]
    The woman gives Arel an odd look, then turns to Rein and Bobby.
    "Does she realise what happened to her?"
    To Arel she says:" Would you mind if I took a look at your vines, dear?"
    [Animal shelter]

"I know what happened to me." Arel frowns a little. "And I guess you can look at them." She shifts a little, one vine moving a bit closer to the druid while another two wrap around Arel's midsection a little.

7. - Top - End - #1147

Arkham Hospital

Needless to say, Oliver doesn't precisely take the news that the doom-zombie is apparently frickin' fire-proof very well. In fact, you could say he takes it quite badly.

"**** this. Let's go. Let's just go, there's got to be an easier way around than this."

So saying, he begins feeling his way along the wall, trying to get somewhere, anywhere where he doesn't have to deal with horrible doom-zombies that just won't die.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    What do you mean? Surely that scabbard was just the right size for Kyinde's sword all along.

Also, if Kyinde starts picturing somewhere she wants to go, the stone foot will wiggle her toes and teleport her there.
    It's kind of hard to find a hand-and-a-half sword that's the size of a shortsword designed for an already small creature...

"Okay, narration, that's enough of that."

The fourth wall took 2d6 points of damage, and Kyinde was left wondering what exactly just happened.

Still, no need to dwell too much on it. Her next destination was the Dancing Fox Inn to rest up, and she got there quite a bit more quickly than expected. And so the thread switched.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Arkham Street Asylum]

"Oliver there's a path down this way, maybe my demons got my pants back."

Grantz tries to lead Oliver and Freddie to the path he found and where his pants got stolen.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Troll in the Playground

NOTE: Sorry I've been absent. I'm training someone at work, and when I get home, I just need to veg in front of the teevee, before going off to sleep.

[Soul Quest]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Irene cannot, but does have fire sword light sources.

She slows down a bit though and looks around for other exits and at what the merchandise might be. However, she does this from the entrance so probably doesn't get a thorough answer.

"What do you think? I go left, you go right?" She whispers to Sophie. "Or one of us guards the door while the other sweeps?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Sophie can't sense magic, even with Second Sight. She nods when Irene speaks. You sweep the place. I'll guard the door.
    Irene begins to search the warehouse. As she begins her search, both ladies will possibly note that it is very quiet in here.

The light of Irene's swords cast an earie glow about ten feet around her, allowing her to see the boxes she is walking past clearly, if she wishes to look. There are three directions to search. Which way is she heading?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "You're welcome..."
    Mikani would ask whre Lilliane lives and if she needs a walk home, but right now she's too busy turning her full attention to Pearl, hugging her friend tightly and murmuring soothingly!

While looking around discreetly for any threats...
    There are no other threats that Mikani can see. There are people looking at the threesome, but no one seems particularly interested in helping them.

Until a young woman weaing a white dress approaches. She has a sword slung over her back, and is carrying groceries. Oh you poor dears. Come, let me take you to the hospital. She'll lift Lilliane up, after forcing her bag of food-stuff into the other girl's arms. She seems quite strong. Name's Judy.

"Lilliane, ma'am."

No, Judy. Judy says with a smile.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

11. - Top - End - #1151

[Arkham Hospital]

Winifred really hopes that the demons found Grantz' pants as well.

Because.

Well...

We'll just stick with because.

Back to the claw-marked hallway!

The ghost wall has long since departed, though not before giving up the trousers to the demons. Thankfully.

Looks like this path remains open to the part!

And there aren't any fireproof zombies in here either!

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

[Animal shelter]

Reinholdt does wonder why the druid was asking him rather than Arel. But continues to wait for her to work.

[Soul Quest]

She does want to look at the boxes. If they're fireworks or something like that, she'd rather like to know sooner rather than later. I don't know what choices there are for the three directions, so we'll start with straight ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post

[Red Zone Alleyway]

It takes a minute or two, but the Hunters will eventually see claws breaking through the dirt. Then, in almost an instant, four of the creatures have fully broken through the ground, sniffing for prey.
    The Hunters nod at each other and open fire from their guns, aiming for where the doctor told them the carapace is weakest.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #1154

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Master Dahl's Bakery

He takes the weird gold that Kashi coughed up and picks it up with a towel to carry it into the kitchen and leave it in the sink to be washed up in the morning. That should definitely be enough to cover all the leftover baked goods of the day! Master Dahl will be pleased.

"Your wings aren't big enough to carry you," Elias says to Hekta.
    Master Dahl's Bakery

Kashi is also pleased, having finished up his scones and moved onto a rack full of hot cross buns. Hekta would certainly have a hard time keeping up with his gullet.

"Snyuuuii? <Maybe I should come here every night, and eat all the leftovers?>" He's momentarily forgetting that neither of them can understand him as he mumbles to himself around several sticky buns.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #1155

[Animal Shelter]

The woman will look at the vine more closely!
    And prod it a little! See if it gives some sort of reaction from Arel.

"Can you completely control these? Or do they have a mind of their own!"
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

16. - Top - End - #1156

[Slums]

Oh she could very much do that. However, there was just one problem. Wait, no, two of them. "I coooould.." Nephea began, putting her hands behind her back and rocking slightly on her heels. "But I don't want to live off of charity. At least I'll have picked up what I can by my own skills rather than living off of pity." she said. It was probably understandable in a way, though. "And it's not like I'm taking a person's life savings, you know? Just a bit here and there to live off of." and also because it was really, really fun for some reason.

Nephea was doing her best to appear as innocent as possible throughout her explanation. Getting caught was hardly ever good news so perhaps she might get off with a lighter punishment if she managed to convince Freddie to be kind.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eadin View Post
    [Animal Shelter]

The woman will look at the vine more closely!
    And prod it a little! See if it gives some sort of reaction from Arel.

"Can you completely control these? Or do they have a mind of their own!"
    [Animal Shelter]

The vine twitches a little when it's poked. Arel reacts as if any other part of her body had been poked. "I control them. They're a part of me just like any of my other limbs."

18. - Top - End - #1158

[Slums]

Thievery is rather frowned upon back in the Empyreum. While a thief is not to be hated if they have to steal to eat, they aren't readily forgiven for it either. And as odd looking as the Catamander is Freddie suspects that she would be able to do other kinds of work without too much trouble.

End result?

Not really buying it.

"Then use your hands to make something instead of using them to take what others have made," the Huldra replies. His tone is a little...

Rough.

"You're still young, though. I'm sure a craftsman would be willing to take you as an apprentice if you show the aptitude. But you shouldn't be stealing. That's the work of Discord."

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Arkham Street Hospital: Claw Path]

Grantz gets his pants back and his shirt is dry so now he is fully clothed! Finally it would be embarrassing to continue on without pants or a shirt.

"Well guys this is the path I found when we all split. Freddie I think you should take the lead. Oliver, do you want to be rear guard or shall I? "

SRW Plot: Cave Entrance

Grantz stands in front of the mouth of the cave. The box with all the info earlier said that one of the areas is here. He looks at his travelling companions and asks,

"Well looks like what we are looking for is underground. The cave looks big enough. How do you guys want to walk? Who gets lead and rear guard and all that."

For some odd reason he though he was going to end up as rear guard.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Titan in the Playground

[SRW Plot: Cave Entrance]

Mark follows Grantz up.
    I'd prefer to be in the middle. I'm not big on personal combat.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Troll in the Playground

[Soul Quest]

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    There are no other threats that Mikani can see. There are people looking at the threesome, but no one seems particularly interested in helping them.

Until a young woman weaing a white dress approaches. She has a sword slung over her back, and is carrying groceries. Oh you poor dears. Come, let me take you to the hospital. She'll lift Lilliane up, after forcing her bag of food-stuff into the other girl's arms. She seems quite strong. Name's Judy.

"Lilliane, ma'am."

No, Judy. Judy says with a smile.
    ((Yay Judy! ))

Mikani takes a breath of relief, and smiles at Judy as she arrives.
    "Thank you, ma'am...I was worrying about her," she says about Lilliane. "I'm the Druid Princess Misaki, and this is Pearl. I think she'll be OK, she had...some sort of magical itching effect...and I need to catch us up with out friends..."

She wavers a bit though, not sure if maybe Pearl shouldn't get checked out after all!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #1162

[Slums]

"Work of what now?" the catamader inquired. Her ears had flattened back somewhat at the rough tone being used but otherwise she seemed to be receptive. "Well.. Alright.. I mean, I've been trying that but, well, I've kinda got a problem. You see, I've got a vocation, sort of. Journeyman alchemist. The sort made from mixing plants and other things and not that weird magic stuff that people like to call alchemy sometimes. Not to say I don't use some herbs and stuff to get the occasional magical result but I swear the other kind is just wizardry hiding under a bad mask. But, anyway. Um, I've been having trouble trying to find people who're willing to buy what I make.. And without them, I don't have any money to get better ingredients and so then I can't make more things and I think you can see how things go from there." the catamander said, turning out her pockets to emphasize. They happened to be quite bare aside from a sizable amount of lint.

"So I'm just doing what I used to so I can survive." Nephea fiddled with the quarter of a mask that hung around her neck as she thought for a moment. "Well, what if I were to only take from other people causing 'discord' or whatver? Maybe they wouldn't be able to cause as much if they found their pockets empty or something?" she asked. She wasn't about to give up her fun even though she was being perfectly truthful about her situation.

23. - Top - End - #1163

Mia and MDM walk together. MDM will be of the size needed to walk through the way. if he has to shrink there won't be a problem, not even with the cube.

"I can't fulfill the frontier or backup. I'm not even used to fight."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grantz mumbles incoherently a bit.

"That makes two in the middle plus MDM. We need some in back and some in front."

Red responds,

"Dude you were a boxer right? you should go up front. I'm a shapeshifter I should go at back. I can literally have eyes in the back of my head. "

Grantz nods.

"Sure, That leaves the triplets, where do you want to be? Any objections from anyone?"
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-05-25 at 02:37 AM.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

25. - Top - End - #1165

Cave Entrance

"We'll take point." And indeed they do just that, striding on ahead with rifles and sickle at the ready, One breaking out a flashlight in case there's insufficient natural light to see within the cave.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Dwarf in the Playground

SRW Plot: Cave Entrance -> Cave Interior

Walking around for awhile one will notice that inside the cave, out of reach of sunlight, the inside is bright enough to see in just like Trog's Tavern. A big circular space seems to be the heart of the cave. If one really looks around this part then one will notice an artificial feel to the place. Some of the walls in the cave might even be passageways.

Grantz is in the center crouching at the ground using his scan ability. The others may feel a sort of wave trying to scan them. Grantz can't control who the scan hits only the radius.

Red turns into a flying creature examining the ceilings and such.

Hmmmm...... now what were the others doing in the place?
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Titan in the Playground

[Cave Interior]

What exactly is the scan trying to pick up? What information will Grantz get about characters hit by the scan?

Mark simply looks around. Subconsciously, he's reviewing his many different piloting lessons. There's a lot, since his training was rather Matrix-esque (closer to a download than learning).
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Dwarf in the Playground

[SRW Plot: Cave Interior]

((This scan simply looks for sentient life forms, just to see if anyone else is around. Shouldn't really bother anyone unless their PC is easily annoyed even by the smallest of things. This kinda also works as a sort of sound sonar, Grantz is trying to make a 3D map in his head. He'll give out the results after everyone posts what they are doing.))
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

Hotel of Creepy Things

Javert just rests in Lintha's arms before moving and trying to stand. He still leans heavily on her though. He does look rather alarmed at the noises on the thirteenth floor. Thirteen was an unlucky number. He still holds Lintha's waist and rests his head buried in her shoulder. Hew's in a large amount of pain.

30. - Top - End - #1170

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Dusty Flagon

Mr.Poe nods worriedly and rushes to his office gesturing Ray to follow. "W-What? What is going on?!"
    "Honestly? Hell if I know." Ray says, shutting the door behind them. "I'm sure you were familiar with the crook pawning watches outside your dive? Shady looking fellow, terrible salesman? He just bought the farm."

Arkham Hospital

And so they march onwards towards adventure!

In Oliver's case, "marching" mostly involves tripping, stumbling and nearly falling flat on his face several times over until he finally realizes that trying to finish this quest blind just isn't going to work.

Cautiously, ready to shut them again the moment anything leaps out at him, Oliver slowly cracks open one eye. Breathes a sigh of relief at the lack of horrible doom-zombies. Continues on after the rest of the party.

Unless, y'know, a horrible doom-zombie or something does leap at him the moment he opens an eye. That would be terrible.

Cave Interior

Huh. Definitely not a normal cave, if it's so well lit despite the lack of natural sunlight. First leans down to rap on the floor with his knuckles, listening to the sound, checking to see what it's made of. One on the other hand is more occupied with looking around to find out where the light's coming from, leaving only Alpha still on guard.