New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Itan sprung into action, ordering the Angelic hit squad to create a perimeter around the room so none may enter or leave. He didn't really agree with the Gods actions, he felt that Belshorath was being presumptuous, but he was sure the god was in the right, after all he was a god and he saved him from hell. Even Lord Isanloff respected this gods opinions.

Itan was startled when he saw that it was the same Ilarfia (it's a common Ravenkin name), the woman who killed him, walked into the room. She spoke to the god.

You come in here and call me mad? Why? Because I freed this land of the cruel lich-lords? That our empire can now provide food to its furthest reaches? That our military is strong? That we have technology now that we could scarcely imagine? That ....

she was interrupted by Itan's sword at her neck

You killed me.

The rest of the council gasped when they saw it was beloved general Itan, but not as they knew him, he was only a shade, covered in holes and translucent.

Ilarfia, gasped as well, and then smiled, quickly ahead of the situation. she screams to her fellows of the council.

And look this god tries to seek command of our empire, with dead noblemen! Do you remember the last time dead-nobles led us? The Lich-Lords! That is what this god is trying to accomplish! He wants to reduce our democracy to a theocratic dictatorship!
    Throughout all of this, Belsheroth is trying very hard not to shout.
    Ilarfia. You know in your heart that this democracy is a sham.
    But perhaps I was hasty in seeking to remove this council. I see that it could still be of use...
    But first... We must see to your condition. Remember back, to the time when you were still honest and true.

All in the Throne Room are treated to an image of a much younger Ilarfia attending a court session where she spoke on the defendant's behalf.

Itan, make sure she doesn't try to escape.
    Before we begin this process, I shall like to address your points.
    Firstly... It was my own divine power that struck the Lich-Lords down.
    Secondly... The technology is freely traded by the Gnomes of Geasa. You were simply in the right place to receive the benefits of partnership with them. Had you actually read their teachings, you would know that Merolle supports a polytheistic approach to religion.
    Thirdly... I do not seek control of your Empire. Dominion over mortalkind is not my objective. But I see that divine guidance is required to prevent the blinded and the mad from ruling.
    Fourthly... You forget that I brought Ravenkind into existence. I am not "this God". But that's a personal matter you and I will discuss after you die.
    However, the most important point is that, yes, you killed Itan. You murdered him, and he trusted you. According to both Mortal and Divine Law, you are guilty. And were you not suffering from divinely inflicted madness at the time, you would be burning in Hell as we speak.

A succession of visions are shown to the mortal councillors: Belsheroth cursing the Lich-Lords, their bones crumbling away to dust; Gnomes seeking audience with various individuals, focusing mostly on their dealings with the Lich King and Head Scale; Orlur rotting Ilarfia's mind and her laughing madly; Belsheroth singing to ravens and their transformation into Ravenkind; mortal souls communing with Belsheroth in the Forests of Starlight; and finally, Ilarfia stabbing Itan, the Fires of Hell burning in her eyes.

Belsheroth, stepped forward and placed one hand on Ilarfia's left temple.
    Amathol, I desire for you to see this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Interesting point: Despite having the Belsherai to assist him, Belsheroth still uses a portion of his awareness to tend to the souls of the dead. He has been doing this so long that he no longer need focus on that task. As such, a small part of him always walks the Forests of Starlight.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-05-31 at 11:23 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I am saying you do not have the right to determine what is good and bad behavior. No more than any of us gods do. Your actions are wrong because by undertaking them you make the claim that only your truth, only your definition of right is the correct one. That is a dangerous view to hold.

The mortals have free will, they will make their choices on their own, as they should. The best system is no system. The mortals will decide for themselves what is best for them. I think you have too little faith in their potential. If you want to keep your karmic law, then give it a face, so that those who do not wish to suffer under it can fight back as they choose. Give Karma a face, give it a coded set of rules. Then, give that code to the mortals. Otherwise you are playing with loaded dice, and you cheat the mortals of their future.

Spoiler
    Show

Ah, moral relativism vs. moral absolutism. Is there any purer or more heated argument to be found in a philosophy 101 class?

FYI, your description of Karma as a means of modifying behavior is textbook operant conditioning. In operant conditioning, any action that reduces the likelihood of a behavior occurring again is called punishment. That's what Kiloasa is saying.
    Isanloff stayed silent for a long time, enough for the Ice to thaw, what that meant to the growing frozen forest, I do not know

The truth and good I described is the end of suffering. If any mortal or god disagrees with the inefficiency and overall evil of that condition, I would vehemently disagree. And it is not my view, it is the view of the Directors, that suffering should be culled. As I have said if they come to me with grievances with my application of this principle than I would have recalibrated the wheels of Karma. No system would have left mortals free to suffer - much like they were when I left the world and resided in Hell. Their suffering could have been avoided, give Karma time, you have not seen the result of the system yet, perhaps in a thousand years you may come to see that I was right. You accuse me of stealing their future, when by doing nothing their may be no future for them to have. Regardless your suggestion has been noted and we will try your method. Brother Merolle, you are the master of crafts can and may you create servants for karma to ensure that there would be repercussions for dark deeds. You wanted rules young ones, the rules are simple; An evil for an evil; eternal shackles for the wicked; a requiem of fury for those who destroy; hammer of justice for those who lie; and eternal sleep for the dead.

Spoiler
    Show
    I know that Karma by way of Isanloff is classical conditioning - but he doesn't view mortals as individuals, hes utilitarian and looks at the greater whole, so instead of punishment of individuals it's more like controlling the evolution of a species. Again small differences that are largely linguistic

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post

The Head Scale and a Gnome

The gnome produces an amulet with an empty inset and afixates an emerald to it.

"Our earlier methods have proven less than optimal for these, but what do we do if not improve, friend! You want the immortality package, correct? This gem will power up once the cost has been paid and begin the process... If you devote at least eight hours of work to worship every day, I believe you will be done in three months, friend."

He holds the amulet out to the Head Scale.
    The Starved Man continues smiling, dust escaping his lips.

Oh, No. You misunderstand. I seek the power to order this world efficiently as well as immortality - that would take longer than three months. As advance payment for the maximum possible power your lord can lay upon me I would pray non-stop for a year or more, patience is a virtue . . . although perhaps some rest for some tea. You certainly would be welcome to join me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Throughout all of this, Belsheroth is trying very hard not to shout.
    Ilarfia. You know in your heart that this democracy is a sham.
    But perhaps I was hasty in seeking to remove this council. I see that it could still be of use...
    But first... We must see to your condition. Remember back, to the time when you were still honest and true.

All in the Throne Room are treated to an image of a much younger Ilarfia attending a court session where she spoke on the defendant's behalf.

Itan, make sure she doesn't try to escape.
    Before we begin this process, I shall like to address your points.
    Firstly... It was my own divine power that struck the Lich-Lords down.
    Secondly... The technology is freely traded by the Gnomes of Geasa. You were simply in the right place to receive the benefits of partnership with them. Had you actually read their teachings, you would know that Merolle supports a polytheistic approach to religion.
    Thirdly... I do not seek control of your Empire. Dominion over mortalkind is not my objective. But I see that divine guidance is required to prevent the blinded and the mad from ruling.
    Fourthly... You forget that I brought Ravenkind into existence. I am not "this God". But that's a personal matter you and I will discuss after you die.
    However, the most important point is that, yes, you killed Itan. You murdered him, and he trusted you. According to both Mortal and Divine Law, you are guilty. And were you not suffering from divinely inflicted madness at the time, you would be burning in Hell as we speak.

A succession of visions are shown to the mortal councillors: Belsheroth cursing the Lich-Lords, their bones crumbling away to dust; Gnomes seeking audience with various individuals, focusing mostly on their dealings with the Lich King and Head Scale; Orlur rotting Ilarfia's mind and her laughing madly; Belsheroth singing to ravens and their transformation into Ravenkind; mortal souls communing with Belsheroth in the Forests of Starlight; and finally, Ilarfia stabbing Itan, the Fires of Hell burning in her eyes.

Belsheroth, stepped forward and placed one hand on Ilarfia's left temple.
    Amathol, I desire for you to see this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Interesting point: Despite having the Belsherai to assist him, Belsheroth still uses a portion of his awareness to tend to the souls of the dead. He has been doing this so long that he no longer need focus on that task. As such, a small part of him always walks the Forests of Starlight.
    Itan held Ilarfia down. While he did so she saw the images and then screamed at the god.

Ha, and now look at us! A democracy! Each man and woman has a voice! You abandoned us to the whims of the Liches and only removed them after so many years of suffering. And now that we are prosperous you seek to remove us! Me! Only for us to waste praises on a god that gives us nothing! Each prayer to Merolle allows our trains to run, I don't care that we can worship you, you give us nothing but the sword of a dead man against our necks. I don't care that you created us, you failed your duties as our father!

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Itan held Ilarfia down. While he did so she saw the images and then screamed at the god.

Ha, and now look at us! A democracy! Each man and woman has a voice! You abandoned us to the whims of the Liches and only removed them after so many years of suffering. And now that we are prosperous you seek to remove us! Me! Only for us to waste praises on a god that gives us nothing! Each prayer to Merolle allows our trains to run, I don't care that we can worship you, you give us nothing but the sword of a dead man against our necks. I don't care that you created us, you failed your duties as our father!
    A democracy you may be. But why, pray tell, was my priesthood forced to hide in the darkness like common criminals? But we can debate your governmental policies later.
    The spirits of your ancestors are terribly upset with you, Ilarfia. Your Mother sings to you from the Forests of Starlight, hoping you will hear her and turn from this course. But no, you do not hear. You do not want to hear.
    And was it so wrong of me to wish my creations to grow and prosper without my constant aid? No. But I see that I was wrong.
    You in particular have been led astray by trinkets.

But, if you want your prayers to grant unto you more tangible benefits other than hope and insight, then that can be arranged. But in the meantime, it is important that you know the truth.

Belsheroth gestured for Amathol to step forward and take his hand.

Do not be afraid, this won't hurt for long.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Geasa-Kiloasa and Isanloff

I appreciate what you and the Directors have done to support the mortal world, though I disagree with your methods. I am a god of predators and prey, something which affords me an unusual understanding of suffering in this world. Still, it would have pained me to lose your friendship Isanloff. For now, our compromise will suffice, and in time we will come back to look at the progress of your system, to make adjustments as necessary, agreed?

Merolle, master of crafts, I trust you to create a fine face for Karma, so that others will know it but not fear it.

Kiloasa stepped into the tube that Merolle had summoned, headed to meet the leaders of the Guild. The forest that had grown at his feet did not even have time to whither, because the gnomes came to harvest the wood, for whatever purpose they saw it useful.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ettin in the Playground

The Head Scale

The gnome hums.

"An year it shall be then, at the end of that time, one of Merolle's grandest designs will be complete, and you will be allowed access to it, friend."

He calls down the geasan transport, an odd tubelike chamber connected to a structure that was not there a moment before.

"To Geasa, friend!"

Palace

Amathol is wary, and keeps his distance until a green cloud forms overhead (a glass ceiling really helps discerning Merolle's will!) and releases a clap of thunder. Then, and only then, he extends a hand to Belsheroth.

Merolle, Isanloff, Kiloasa

Merolle gathers himself around the two other gods.

"I had designs for heralds of my own, not unlike Belsheroth's angels or the fiends I designed for Alyveran, this is a good opportunity to implement them, with a few adjustments, of course."

Merolle's screens project several forms of strange constructs. A winged man with the lower body of a horse and porcelain skin. A humanoid of black metal pipes, wires and plates, wearing exquisitely crafted armor. A large basalt humanoid plated in bronze. And stranger forms still.

"In accordance to the added primary purpose of aiding in the maitenance o karma, I shall name them Inevitables."

The first batch of Inevitables is raised from the depths of Geasa around the two gods, kneeling in between the swirling, acrid storm winds of Merolle's body.

"I find them appropriate. Do note, that with visible agents, mortalkind will be able to fight off their karma, Isanloff. But do not fear, they are powerful and relentless."

Spoiler
    Show
    5 AP + 2 PAP

3 AP + 1 PAP: Create Fabled Life: Inevitables. Merolle's mechanical angels answer primarily to him, but are much more deferential to the other gods than his gnomes are (but still very blunt and direct). Most of the time they simply uphold the mandates of karma, and each type of inevitable serves a specific purpose.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zelekhuts: Are Merolle's bounty hunters. When he needs something or someone retrieved, he sends them. They are the secret agents of karma, doing their job in secrecy.

Kolyaruts: Are Merolle's spokesmen. He sends them when diplomacy is needed despite the likelyhood of it turning sour. They are the open agents of karma, informing mortals of the state of their karma.

Maruts: Are Merolle's enforcers. These massive, powerful thugs have the wrath of his thunder and lightning on their fists, and are sent when Merolle wants something destroyed. They uphold karma when the zelekhuts and kolyaruts are twarthed, delivering decisive punishment to those who battle the universal law.

Anhydruts: Are Merolle's guardians, sent to protect places. They uphold karma only when whole populations fall to vice and unrepentance, turning their spiritual and moral desolation into physical desolation, and guarding the resulting wastelands against those who would bring such immorality back from final erasure.

Quaruts: Are Merolle's sages. These wise and powerful entities are hardly ever sent out. They uphold karma by observing its systems and delegating the tasks of the other inevitables.

Varakhuts: Are Merolle's bodyguards. The Machine God finds it in poor taste for a god to dirty his hands with the blood of mortals, so these beings exist to halt those who defy Merolle, crushing them so that Merolle will not have to. They enforce the karma of powerful men and women that the other inevitables can't challenge, but only very rarely.

And more.

Inevitables are part of The Guild, but form a separate branch of the corporate government than the gnomes.

1 AP + 1 PAP: Infuse: The Inevitables: Fighting off the inevitable before you is not easy. You might even win. But another will come, and he will be better prepared. And then another. And another. Until their goal is fulfilled. Their name is not an empty claim. They will never stop coming for you, they will never give up, they will never surrender.

1 AP left.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #546
    Troll in the Playground

The Head Scale

The gnome hums.

"An year it shall be then, at the end of that time, one of Merolle's grandest designs will be complete, and you will be allowed access to it, friend."

He calls down the geasan transport, an odd tubelike chamber connected to a structure that was not there a moment before.

"To Geasa, friend!"
    The Starved Man was silent till the elevator brought him up to Geasa.

Thank you.

He was so polite about it. And with that he was locked in a room, to pray for a year. Darkness is not always very exciting or sudden, sometimes it's like a ledger. And just like a ledger payment is inevitable..... there was something about that word ....

Geasa-Kiloasa and Isanloff

I appreciate what you and the Directors have done to support the mortal world, though I disagree with your methods. I am a god of predators and prey, something which affords me an unusual understanding of suffering in this world. Still, it would have pained me to lose your friendship Isanloff. For now, our compromise will suffice, and in time we will come back to look at the progress of your system, to make adjustments as necessary, agreed?

Merolle, master of crafts, I trust you to create a fine face for Karma, so that others will know it but not fear it.

Kiloasa stepped into the tube that Merolle had summoned, headed to meet the leaders of the Guild. The forest that had grown at his feet did not even have time to whither, because the gnomes came to harvest the wood, for whatever purpose they saw it useful.
    Merolle, Isanloff, Kiloasa

Merolle gathers himself around the two other gods.

"I had designs for heralds of my own, not unlike Belsheroth's angels or the fiends I designed for Alyveran, this is a good opportunity to implement them, with a few adjustments, of course."

Merolle's screens project several forms of strange constructs. A winged man with the lower body of a horse and porcelain skin. A humanoid of black metal pipes, wires and plates, wearing exquisitely crafted armor. A large basalt humanoid plated in bronze. And stranger forms still.

"In accordance to the added primary purpose of aiding in the maitenance o karma, I shall name them Inevitables."

The first batch of Inevitables is raised from the depths of Geasa around the two gods, kneeling in between the swirling, acrid storm winds of Merolle's body.

"I find them appropriate. Do note, that with visible agents, mortalkind will be able to fight off their karma, Isanloff. But do not fear, they are powerful and relentless."

Spoiler
    Show
    5 AP + 2 PAP

3 AP + 1 PAP: Create Fabled Life: Inevitables. Merolle's mechanical angels answer primarily to him, but are much more deferential to the other gods than his gnomes are (but still very blunt and direct). Most of the time they simply uphold the mandates of karma, and each type of inevitable serves a specific purpose.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zelekhuts: Are Merolle's bounty hunters. When he needs something or someone retrieved, he sends them. They are the secret agents of karma, doing their job in secrecy.

Kolyaruts: Are Merolle's spokesmen. He sends them when diplomacy is needed despite the likelyhood of it turning sour. They are the open agents of karma, informing mortals of the state of their karma.

Maruts: Are Merolle's enforcers. These massive, powerful thugs have the wrath of his thunder and lightning on their fists, and are sent when Merolle wants something destroyed. They uphold karma when the zelekhuts and kolyaruts are twarthed, delivering decisive punishment to those who battle the universal law.

Anhydruts: Are Merolle's guardians, sent to protect places. They uphold karma only when whole populations fall to vice and unrepentance, turning their spiritual and moral desolation into physical desolation, and guarding the resulting wastelands against those who would bring such immorality back from final erasure.

Quaruts: Are Merolle's sages. These wise and powerful entities are hardly ever sent out. They uphold karma by observing its systems and delegating the tasks of the other inevitables.

Varakhuts: Are Merolle's bodyguards. The Machine God finds it in poor taste for a god to dirty his hands with the blood of mortals, so these beings exist to halt those who defy Merolle, crushing them so that Merolle will not have to. They enforce the karma of powerful men and women that the other inevitables can't challenge, but only very rarely.

And more.

Inevitables are part of The Guild, but form a separate branch of the corporate government than the gnomes.

1 AP + 1 PAP: Infuse: The Inevitables: Fighting off the inevitable before you is not easy. You might even win. But another will come, and he will be better prepared. And then another. And another. Until their goal is fulfilled. Their name is not an empty claim. They will never stop coming for you, they will never give up, they will never surrender.

1 AP left.
    Isanloff wraps his robes around the creatures and says

Very well, if karma should have a face these creatures seem to be perfect in fulfilling that task. As you say they will never stop , they will never give up, they will never surrender. They will ensure that their would be an evil for an evil and a good for a good. Thank you brother - your work is a marvel as always, and young one, I assume you find them acceptable.

Isanloff instills into the inevitables the Code of Karma and the Code of Nobleness. He decrees them a purpose and leaves with them a part of himself.

Brother, young one, farewell. I will continue walking around the chains of the world in order to observe their progress with upholding karma.

And then Isanloff watches Killosa and Merolle leave in the elevator. With that and some prototype inevitables surrounding him, he continued his journey around the Chains of the world, as he saw Inevitable after Inevitable descend to fulfill their tasks on the mortal plane

Spoiler
    Show

AP 2 + 2 pantheon AP
    Create Organization AP 2 : Karma's Caretakers - the inevitables's are personally responsible for the maintenance of Karma. As such while they are built by Merolle, they answer directly to Isanloff as well. It sucks having two bosses. Isanloff personally requested another type of Inevitable to surround himself with. These are called the Xinoruts - they are creatures made entirely of reflective metal and they enforce the philosophy of Karma - they show each persons sins upon their bodies. Much like the power given to the Doctor, all that look upon them are forced to bear all the pain they inflicted on others.

Infuse Organization AP 2: Karma's Guardians - the inevitable's, are surrounded by the icy cold air that signifies an agent of Isanloff

Side note: if the math is right. Inevitables are extremely hard to kill

+1 from belonging to the guild
    +2 from guild being infused
    +2 for being a greater race
    +2 For being infuse
    +1 from belonging to Karma's Caretakers
    +2 for Karma's Caretakers being infused

so each Inevitable has a +10 bonus. Karma is a bitch to fight against .

Also I will not be playing any Inevitable - I have way to many characters that are also villains. I leave playing an invetible to Draken or any other player who wants to play as one - but you should PM Draken first.

Ap left 0
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-06-01 at 10:49 AM.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

Palace

Amathol is wary, and keeps his distance until a green cloud forms overhead (a glass ceiling really helps discerning Merolle's will!) and releases a clap of thunder. Then, and only then, he extends a hand to Belsheroth.
    At once, Amathol was confronted with the depths of Ilarfia's madness and the curse she bore. He felt the agony she herself had felt when her mind destroyed and left to rot.
    Images of everything she had done since filled his mind, the weight of her betrayals temporarily resting upon his shoulders. The true nature of her deeds was to revealed to him in all its sickening details, before finally, he saw the tattered remnants of Ilarfia's sanity buried deep within her soul, struggling for freedom.
    It was all over in a few seconds, but it had felt like years.
    Now you know Amathol. I sincerely apologise for allowing this to progress so far, but I swear upon the sacred name of my progenitor, I shall do my utmost to prevent this from happening again!

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #548
    Troll in the Playground

As Isanloff walked, surrounded by Xinoruts, he decided that just like Morgash was created to correctly advise him with the governance of the mortals, their too should be a young god to advise him with the maintenance of karma and the administration of the inevitable. And so he took the nearest Xinorut and sent his being into the creature, the machine began to ice over, the glass became more reflective than a mirror of pure silver and glass, and then suddenly it was gone and it's place stood the first daughter of Isanloff.

And there stood Gwyn, the First Knight - the princess of the Inevitables. She stood tall and lordly, she was a true born noble for she was born from Isanloff's desire for honor and duty to reign over the world. She is the patron of valor and the mistress of karma.

Isanloff spoke with love in his voice, a fatherly proud stern voice.

Hello daughter, welcome to existence

9. - Top - End - #549
    Barbarian in the Playground

The being appeared as a human maiden with golden hair, a spear in her hand which shone as brightly as the dawn. In all the stories that spoke of her it would be said that Gwyn the first knight would always be armed.

Gwyn looked at the mirrored face of Isanlof and saw only herself, newly born she had as yet no sin to reflect upon. Yet she felt a longing a purpose, a desire to depart immediately. She clutched her spear and looked to the Earth, something was lacking there, but she could not name it.

She quenched her desire though she longed to leave, she felt an even stronger desire to know why she was called and for what purpose. She bowed to the first god. "Father, what has happened in this world? Why have you called me forth?"

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 15
    Craft Relic: Spear of the Dawn (powerful spear that always returns to her hand when thrown or dropped)-4AP

Current AP: 11

EDIT: Spear gives her +2 bonus in random conflict resolution rolls

(color orange was as close as I could get to yellow w/o hurting my eyes)
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-06-01 at 12:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post

She quenched her desire though she longed to leave, she felt an even stronger desire to know why she was called and for what purpose. She bowed to the first god. "Father, what has happened in this world? Why have you called me forth?"

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 15
    Craft Relic: Spear of the Dawn (powerful spear that always returns to her hand when thrown or dropped)-4AP

Current AP: 11

(color orange was as close as I could get to yellow w/o hurting my eyes)
    Daughter, you have been born to this world to ensure that for every dark act that their would be a repercussion. You are to see that every act of honor and nobility is recognized and applauded. You are to govern the Inevitables so they will properly maintain the moral evolution of the world through the laws of Karma. You are to make this world achieve its full bright glory!

Isanloff calls forth the orichilium icosahedron and presents it to his daughter.

I wish you to join the council of your father, brothers and elders, join the sacrosanct directors and may you be much help for the governance of the world
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-06-01 at 02:14 PM.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ettin in the Playground

Geasa

And there he goes, making another godling, it is quite odd.

Merolle warps to one of his vaults, calling down a spawning vat containing an unformed being, he looks it over and overloads the infant entity with divine energy, before unloading it on the ground along with the nutrient fluids.

"If you are alive, I will name you Versteckt."

"Are you able to hear me?"

Quite an undignified start for a deity.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #552

Razorpine Forest
    "Now that we've given you our allegiance, is there anything longer to stay here for? I have buisness to do."
    Akir sighed. "If the couldst teach me the secrets of Druidism, I have time to learn."
    "As do I."
    Akir was struck at the changes wrought in Floewyr. This was odd. Had she mutated to be like his race? "AQUARIM Flowyr, thy change of shape... What has wrought it? It is strange that one race should become as another, but in thy case not unseemly.
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-06-01 at 02:47 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Razorpine Forest

The elder Woden spoke to each other for a short time. "If you wish to return to your watery home, then you are welcome to do so. We would ask that you spread word that any who wish to learn Druidism are welcome, we will be sending ambassadors to the beaches from now on to accept any who wish to learn." They said.

"It is the nature of my people to change our shape as we see fit. Part of druidism is the changing of the shape of nature. We can manipulate plants, rocks, and animals with our magic. Changing our own shape is just an extension of this. Watch." There was a shimmer in the air around Floewyr and the fins on her back shifted and grew, feathery leaves covered them. She beat her new wings several times and rose up into the air. "To change one's own shape is one of the most difficult and dangerous druidic arts to learn. Only by seeking the Stone of Kiloasa can you master it." She landed back on the ground and reshaped her wings into fins.

14. - Top - End - #554

Gwyn:

Gwyn felt a rush as her father spoke. A rush that one only feels when one hears words that resonate with their very being. Gwyn stood and looked to the world then to the Inevitables she was entrusted with. She could feel the predominance of evil in this world and she could feel what she could add to it, "I understand, and father, I will gladly join your council."

After being inducted, she turned to the Inevitables, "We have work to do." Bowing again she bid her father farewell and began to set the Inevitables about their tasks.

They were cold for her tastes but efficient and they would guard the laws of karma well. She sometimes felt redundant to beings made purely for this task. She knew they would not be a constant presence on the world of mortals, as it should be, most were set to maintain the workings of karma. Only a few appearing to mortals as a dire warning when they had grievously violated the laws.

And she saw the execution of the laws improve under the care of the Inevitables, now a selfish man would find himself in need. A murderer would have a knife at his throat, a wrathful man the object of another's anger, and a thief would lose his possessions. While a generous man would receive generousity, the man who defended a neighbor would be defended, and so on and so forth. A man would get what he had given, this was the law of her father and a law she intended to preserve.

Yet a part of the function of the Inevitables, and she understood it well, was not to interfere in the political affairs of mortals. Karma effected individuals not nations. She knew this, she understood the reason for it, yet.... She felt stunted as if she weren't doing enough to promote honor in the world.

Gwyn looked to the world, already the Inevitables began to spread the knowledge of karma to those who offended it most (hard to forget a being who reflected your transgressions). Soon the people would know the new laws.

Two wars had erupted just before her birth. The Ice-kin in the north had the valor she so desperately sought, but they also had a disdain for any order. Yet the goblins had their share in law and order, but little in the way of honor. The people of the democracy were far too content to allow corrupt politicians to rule for the First Knight. She needed to do... something.

Then she saw a man, he had fought against the Lich-Lords when they yet lived, he had fought to restore the Nobilesse Oblige, now he lived as a mercenary captain near the northern cities, the only company that escaped the Ice-kin. Many of his company were killed during the battle, but he still had a thousand men at his command. His lieutenants were the same soldiers he fought alongside during the resistance. . Now the resistance was no longer necessary and the Nobilesse Oblige still remained a pretty word spoken when he was a boy.

In this captain Gwyn found what she was looking for, the seed of a noble heart. Leaving the Inevitables to their tasks she sent a shard upon this Captain and communed with him.

Captain Bjor Hellsbane:

Captain Bjor, a human of only a few decades old, slept quietly in his tent. He was descended from Ice-kin who immigrated to the old empire and this ancestory figured prominently into his features. The sun had set long before he ordered a stop. They still had a long way to go before the capital and he was smart enough to know that was their only shot.

He was called Hellsbane for his role in capturing a Lich-Lord during the resistance, but that was more luck than skill, he truly should have died in that battle, but he kept going. He dreamt of that battle again, when he had lost every man under his command, when the Lich-Lord turned on him- He awoke in with a start already sitting up, not remembering when he drew the dagger under his pillow and saw woman, with a spear sitting in a chair across from him.

"You might as well put the knife away captain, I merely wish to talk."
    The man complied, not understanding why. "What d'you wanna talk about?"
    "You," she answered simply, you fought well against the Lich-lords and then again against the Ice-kin. Why?"
    Bjor thought for a moment, he never knew why he stuck his neck out for people,"I don't know why, someone needed to fight.
    "Was it because you were strong and the others were weak?"
    "No, you're wrong, I'm not strong." Why was he telling her this?
    "Were you not the one to defeat a Lich-Lord?"
    "That was luck is all."
    The woman chuckled, "You really believe that do you?" She leaned forward and the man could see her face, he had seen nothing in his life to compare to the woman he saw before him, "I am Gwyn, firstborn daughter of Islanhoff and I've chosen you to be my champion."

They spoke for what seemed hours, she spoke of honor the need for the strong to defend the weak, of the coming storm from the Labriynth, and finally of the need for an order of knights.

When Hellsbane left his tent that morning all could see a change in him and to them as well he spoke, he told of the goddess that had come to him in the night and said what she had said. Many were convinced by his words, some were not, but even they quieted when a goddess appeared in their midst. Then and there, she convinced the rest of his legion. She spoke of a restoration of the core tenant of the Nobilese Oblige, the strong defend the weak and they saw a vision in their minds of a better word for their children and only the most callous left the company in the end. The rest were knighted and became the order of the spear, the first of the knightly orders and Gwyn earnestly hoped it would not be the last.

Gwyn:

She left them in the care of their captain as they continued to travel South towards the capital. Meanwhile returned to the heavens, watching the Inevitables go about their work. She could feel... something, it was still there, this feeling of longing she had inherited from her father, but beneath that, beneath everything else in this world. There was a glimmer of hope.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP:11
    Join Pantheon -1
    Bless Concept (Karma) -1 Blessing is designed to make it function more smoothly described as helping the inevitables
    Raise Hero (Captain Bjor)-4
    Create Lesser Concept (Knight's Code) -1
    Create Organization (Order of the Spear) -2 (number about 900 at this point)
    Infuse Organization (Order of the Spear) -2

Ending AP: 0

Went through those fast

EDIT: didn't read part of Mystic's post (my bad) and didn't quite understand what the Labryinth was so edited her out of there
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-06-01 at 10:38 PM.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Calasanctium Empire- Goblin Assault

Another city stood before Kuut and his army of goblins, animals and monsters. The first city, who's name he could barely remember had been completely razed and routed. Now the next prize was in sight, and he could not wait to launch his attack.

Holding his shining spear aloft for all under his command to see, Kuut thrust it at the city walls. "Charge!" he roared. And the horde did.

Spoiler
    Show
    Next round of RCR: Goblins vs. Calasanctium Empire
    (1d10+1)[11]

16. - Top - End - #556

Yuggo and Esmerelda
    "How can you claim to value life, if you have never known the threat of death? Answer me that, immortal Witch."
    Esmeralda pondered on this for a great moment. Desert scenery passed them by as she collected her thoughts. Eventually, she turned her lips into a broad smile. "Perhaps you are correct, goblin. I have not ever known the threat of death. Perhaps I am more blind in these things, and speak to quickly of life's greatest treasures."
    TAB Esmeralda turned forwards and spoke with an arm extended. "But perhaps this is to change. There," she pointed. "The Capitol."

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Yuggo and Esmerelda

The great stone walls that surrounded the Goblin Empire's Capitol rose up from the desert, as if out of nowhere. The gates were open wide, to welcome traders, travellers, slavers and soldiers. Yuggo's soldiers covered the Witch in a burlap cloth to hide her strange appearance and were rushed immediately to the palace of the Goblin Emperor.

There he sat, slouching on his carved ivory throne, the great big goblin emperor. His skin was a darker brown than other goblins, with a red tint unlike the usuall yellow. His black eyes lit up at the sight of the emerald witch.

"Welcome, welcome!" he smiled as wide as he could. "You must be so impressed to meet me! Don't worry, I'm just like everyone else, but better."

Yuggo bowed, and motioned for Esmerelda to do the same. "Your Imperialness, this is Esmerelda. The Emerald Witch of the Desert."

18. - Top - End - #558

Razorpine Forest
    The three bowed. Ior returned to Coralia for a short time, and brought back some thirty Kalpans who wished to become Druids.
    "We will visit the beaches and learn when we are able."
    Yvir added "I might be visiting from time to time, but I have other thing I must do. I shall see you." He disappeared beneath the waves.
    Akir said:
    "I shall stay with the Woden to learn constantly. I am not that good of a noble, not that much of a diplomat, but I learn quickly, am strong, and have perseverance. When the call to war sounds, I will answer to the call of the Kalpan God, but until then, I am a Woden in spirit. Lead me now to thy place of learning, for in sooth, I am mighty eager to learn Druidism's mystical secrets."
    Coralia
    Yvir Eelfang had summoned his forty retainers. They wondered what he wanted them for now.
    "I dub thee all the disciples of Aímancy. Its magic is both subtle and strong, as the sea." He passed his sword to each of them, then took it back. It glowed slightly. "Get thy staves and spears, for they now are needed in the cause of conquest. I, and no other, shall be the Highpriest of Aquaeris, and thee shall be exalted in him when I am. Who will follow me?" His eyes glittered.
    All of them raised glowing spears and roared.
    "To land ten. May the foolish mortals tremble at our coming!" He and his troops marched towards the large city of furless, pink beings and bird like humanoids he had discovered.
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-06-01 at 06:21 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Troll in the Playground

The Serpent Range

They had marched for several hours now. Freedom from the clutches of Atheris' hold had left the people of his new empire dazed and disoriented. Many seemed broken beyond repair. He hated Atheris' for that. And hated more that he needed her to win the coming war. Still they marched. And already they had reached close to the edge of the range.

The monotony of their movements was swiftly broken apart by a roar from up ahead. Hallorn gestured to Ganehlun and Raserese.

"Move ahead, see what lies there and report back."

With swift confidence the two took to the skies. They were gone but a moment before Raserese returned overhead. He landed to the right of the winter king.

"Our sister Syneris lies trapped pinned beneath fallen stone." He cackled. "She was struck down by a storm."

"This amuses you?"

"What dragon falls from the sky without being forced down with tooth and claw? She is laughable."

"And she may yet prove useful."

As they had spoken the host had continued moving. They now neared the source of the roar. Ganehlun lay watching and mocking the fallen dragon.

"Do birds fall from flight now Syveris? You do not see any robins trapped by the mountain do you?"

"Come closer brother. You're shadow will flee from this earth as you rot Ganehlun. I could kill you here, trapped as I am."

Ganehlun laughs, though he knows she is not wrong. Syveris' territory was twice that of the mountain that had been his.

"And why should I move closer sister? When the sun shines so brightly on this resting place of mine?"

With a howl of rage Syveris sent flame bursting at Ganehlun forcing him to quickly take flight in order to avoid it. A flash of shock crossing his gaze at how far the blaze had flown. But was quickly replaced by rage.

"I will end you for that Syveris."

"Enough! Ganehlun you will not harm my prisoners without my permission."

"And since when is she your prisoner?"

"Since I claimed her as such. Now get out of my sight. I will call when you are needed."

With muttered resentment the dragon took flight once more, and quicky disappeared into the clouds.

"Are insects commanding serpents now?" Syveris asked. An amused look upon her features. "Pitiful."

"You would do well to join him, if you value your life wyrm."

"Oh, and who are you that would dare give orders to the spawn of the beast?"

"I am Hallorn, vanquisher of gods. And you would be served well to remember it Syveris.

"I shall do my best."

If you would swear yourself to my cause, I will free you from the mountain. Would you agree to this?"

"And what cause is yours to swear to?"

"If you do not swear yourself to my cause, you will die. You need not be concerned with the cause itself."

"Brave words for a human. Come closer so that I might test the worthiness of your claim."

Hallorn approached until he stood eye to eye not ten feet away from the head of the beast. With a triumphant scream Syveris unleashed the full force of her breath. Stone cracked and all plants swept up by the storm of fire turned to ash in moments. But when the fire and smoke cleared Hallorn stood covered in a layer of ice only just now melting away.

"Am I understood?"

"Of course. I accept your offer. Now free me from this accursed stone!"

With a single Strike Hallorn sent stone and earth flying into the air. As he struck the air around them grew as cold as the arctic winter. Once he was finished the warmth in the air returned, though the stones were still ice to touch.

"Welcome Syveris, to the service of the winter king."

Through the Chasm

Before the armies of the Vinterike stood a path no bigger than ten feet apart at the widest. On either side great walls jutted out. It was as if some creature larger than the mountains themselves had dug its claw into the serpent's range and ripped out a piece of the earth. This was the birthplace of dragons. The tear on the eastern side of the range, which had once been the belly of the beast. And try as he might Hallorn could not convince man nor dragon to walk through it.

"You say this path will lead us straight out unto the open world. What's more you say a high road wanders out from it. Along which we could reach the southern kingdoms in days. So why would you have me go around on a course that could take weeks?"

"Because the lord of the chasm does not appreciate guests."

"And who is this lord of the chasm?"

"His name is Mordungand, and even you would do well to fear him. Of all our siblings I can think of none stronger." Spoke Atheris.

Hallorn grinned.

"Then we shall have a fifth general before this fight is begun."

"That is not wise. Mordungand does not bow. And after he is finished with you he will come for us."

"Then fly away. I will not begrudge you if you fail to return here when I call. I have no use for cowards."

At this Ganehlun growled and Syveris hissed. Atheris shifted uncomfortably but did not move. Raserese immediately took flight.

Hallorn turned and stepped onto the path forged by the fool's claw in the beginning of the world. The light was hidden well by the walls of the mountain. He walked in silence, allowing his spear to glow so the walls did not decide to crush the giant between them. From the light of Isanvrede he saw the bones of countless dead. Wyrm, predator, human, ravenkind, goblin... there seemed no end to the variety found upon this scorched resting place. About halfway through the chasm he felt the presence of the creature.

"Greetings Hallorn. I have been expecting you."

"And you Mordungand. Though I cannot say the same."

"The fool asked me to kill you should you come this way without his blessing. He was under the misimpression that I cared what he desired. I would have killed you had you tried to move here with or without it."

"The fool is no longer allowed here. His blessing has nothing to do with it. And if it is my life you want you will have to take it. I offer something else for passage through your realm however."

"What is it then that you offer?"

"Power."

Exiting the Serpent Range.

His armies camped beneath him Hallorn looked out into the southern skies. Five dragons twisted on the winds, scouting what lay ahead. But the king of winter had other matters to attend to. Touching the tip of Isanvrede to the ground, Hallorn allowed the frost to spread out in the six fingered shape of a snowflake. then the arms behind him began to fold forwards like a fan until he was facing a half circle shaped in frost. Finally he placed a rock upon the ground. A stone he had carved into a crude replica of the icosahedron.

"I seek an audience with the sacrosanct directors."

And at his words the frost began to glow. And symbols appeared at each of the six limbs. Five which he expected and a sixth which he did not recognize. He had left the chair open for the fool, but apparently there was a new god among them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP 1
    Pantheon AP 2
    Form Society 2 (1AP 1PAP)
    The Lords of Winter
    Currently encompassing Hallorn and the five dragon generals. Those who have earned their place as heads of the Vinterike become lords of winter, and all that encompasses.
    Bless 1
    The Vinterike is currently under protection. No curses may be cast against them.
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-06-01 at 07:00 PM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #560

Yuggo and Esmerelda"Welcome, welcome!" he smiled as wide as he could. "You must be so impressed to meet me! Don't worry, I'm just like everyone else, but better."

Yuggo bowed, and motioned for Esmerelda to do the same. "Your Imperialness, this is Esmerelda. The Emerald Witch of the Desert."
    Esmeralda did not bow. Instead, upon entering the lavish throne room, she disheveled the cloth that covered her. She stepped forward, appearing more crystalline now than when she first met the goblin troupe. She smiled at Yuggo, before walking past the lowly goblin and towards the emperor.
    TAB"A pleasure, your immaterialness," she paused, the crunching sound of her glass feet punctuated her sentence. "To have finally meet the one to rule it all." She gestured widely, before turning quickly into a harsh smile. "So, about returning my emeralds."

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Emperor and the Emerald Witch

"Your emeralds? I didn't see your name written on them. And they weren't anywhere near you when my soldiers brought them to me. Maybe you have a written notice of possession? One with a reliable witness of course." The Goblin Emperor cackled. His land, his law, his emeralds. "Still, if you want them back they're basically useless to me now. Not the one I was looking for. Maybe you have something worthwhile to trade?"

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ettin in the Playground

Geasa

Merolle shifts oddly, feeling a summons, and members of six of his Varakhut guard teleport away.

Meanwhile, he merely roars as great storm around the meeting halls of the Guild's Board of Directors, currently in extraordinary session due to Kiloasa.

They are not using radiation suits, so it is presumed that they learned that he is not a biohazard.

"Hello, friend, Kiloasa sir. How may we help you this fine day?"

Hallorn

Six strange things appear at the edges of Hallorn's symbol, abnormal geometrical things forged in unknown metals, with arms but not hands and no legs or feet, and no faces other than a strange light beneath a disk.

"You have summoned the Sacrosanct Directors, Hallorn, leader of the Icekin. By will of the Verdigris Legion, who shall not have suffer this world His presence, we come as his envoys, and should they deign not to answer, so to will we be envoys of the other directors."

"State your appeal, mortal champion, that the heavens might judge its worth.
    "

Calasanctium

Amathol holds his head once more, his eyes covered by his hand, whatever his reaction to the images is, it is not visible.
    Last edited by Draken; 2012-06-01 at 08:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Kiloasa and the Guild

Once again, Kiloasa's presence causes natural life to flourish on the unnatural plane of Geasa. Moss grows at his feet, small insects crawl up from the softening metal ground.

Merolle suggested to me that you could build Shrine Forges that would use prayers and worship to me to power and create magical devices. I am here to negotiate a contract about the building, use, and produce of these shrines. Are you interested in dealing?

24. - Top - End - #564

Gwyn:

Gwyn narrows her eyes, at being summoned, wondering who would have called council. She asked one of the greater Caretakers to watch over the weaving of Karma while she was gone. When he agreed she disappeared from the Heavens in a bolt of light.

Hallorn:

A bolt of light struck the ground where her symbol appeared and the First Knight stepped forth. She did not sit, not yet, uncertain of who would be present. She nodded to her Uncle's bodyguard, then looked Hallorn in the eye, "I am Gwyn the First Knight and daughter of Islanhof. Why have you called Ice-kin?"
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-06-01 at 10:33 PM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiloasa and the Guild

The guild spokesman claps his hands excitedly.

"Certainly, friend, sir. We most certainly are! What terms do you propose? Do you wish us to fabricate and deliver such shrines to the Woden as well? We can do that! We most certainly can!"

Hallorn

Just as Gwyn appears, the Varakhut that had been sent in her stead curtises and vanishes.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Kiloasa and the Guild

My first concern is what you will be using my shrines for. You are not my children, and you are not familiar with my teachings. I will not have you using my power for purposes against my own designs. So tell me, what exactly can you do with a shrine to me?

27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground

War in the North

As the Clans pushed into the lands of the Southmen, the Vargulfi Lycanthropes and Wargs were at the forefront of the battles, as Vargull himself looked on. Although the Vargulfi Tribesmen did not take slaves per se, they did take their share of captives, to bear the bitemarks of the Vargulf Lycanthropes, and join the ranks of their tribes as fellow Werebloods.

Although it was early on in the campaign, Vargull had an eye for the minutiae of warfare, and as the campaign went on he noticed more than the normal share of mistakes and minor accidents as the supply trains and warriors marched on and began their raiding. It was odd, but for now it could be attributed to any number of factors he would have to reconsider, but he would be mindful to watch the proceeding war carefully.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

[Ombra]

Ombra was starting to wonder if the entire world should be scrapped and redone without all the horror in it. He buried his face in his hands. How could any world with gods in it have become so incredibly corrupt?! Forget tyranny - he didn't think any of the mortal races besides his Shadows and Blurs (and in the former's case, just barely) were even CAPABLE of living without laws. Even the Brass Gnomes - the first mortals to contact the Shadows as a society - were so far beyond saving that Ombra was appalled they still existed.

The dimunitive creatures from the stars had given the Shadows the tome and the Shadows, predictably, were sickened by the words within. After all, their minds were modeled after his, (Mostly, he grumbled in his head, the Doctor crossing his mind.) Some of it had merit, certainly, but it placed far too much emphasis on law and order.

The Blur reported so much evil on a daily basis that Ombra could hardly believe it - surely his children were exaggerating. There couldn't be an entire nation enslaved to one man, people couldn't be dieing on a daily basis, nations couldn't seriously consider the law above choice... And then he'd seen it himself.

And then there was karma... Just thinking the name made his blood boil. So all-encompassing, so sickeningly powerful and chaining. No creature escaped it - even the Demiurgists could only do so much against it.

He looked to the sky. There will come a reckoning, tyrant. I swear it. He stared at the sky from his position on a log, and sighed. As if you could hear me. I don't know who you are so I can't direct it to you, and what're the odds you're looking here as I speak to the random stars in the sky?

He continued anyway. But for now the mortals need to defend against your... monstrosity. He stood from his log, coming to a decision. Karma must be broken. It is already horrific and I am doing what I can to fix it. But creating a way to defend against it is not enough. Now I must make it useless.

He clasped his arms beneath the sleeves of his cloak, slipping out a shadowy tendril of divine power... The Shadows would be empowered and strong against the power that was tyranny. He had the energy now to make them stronger, faster, smarter - the stuff of legends. The Shadows would suffer no tyrant while his power still mattered in the universe.

And then I will make a scythe to take that monster's sorry head. He was quiet for a few moments at the thought before he chuckled to himself. I seem to spend my energy almost faster than I can come up with ways to use it... I'll need to work on that... Perhaps when I am done making myself personal weapon, I could give the Shadows a faster mode of transport... perhaps some kind of box that can move through time and space with not but a whooshing noise to herald it's arrival... Maybe I'll make it blue... no, a new SHADE of blue! The bluest blue that ever bloomed! Yes, that color will do nicely...

... No! Bad Ombra! Save your energy! He thought as a prayer came in. Yes, child?

Hello Ombra. The Doctor will see you now.

[The Doctor]
    About twenty minutes later

Ombra had hung up abruptly and was no longer answering his prayers.

In retrospect, opening the call with such a bad joke was pretty much guaranteed to put Ombra in a pissy mood to begin with. Breaking the news that he'd been empowered by some kind of divine being (that he suspected had created karma) with ice magic and a killing stare was never going to go well. Further informing him, after that annoyance, that he still didn't know what god it was that created karma was going to go worse.

Implying that the reason Ombra was so furious at whatever diety had contacted him was because he (Ombra) hadn't so much as spoken to a pretty girl - let alone gotten laid - since Morgash had brought him into reality was probably the kicker, though.

Spoiler
    Show
    1AP + 4 AP(Rollover, 6/2/2012) = 5AP

5-2(Divine Infusion: The Shadow race (i can't believe I haven't done this yet >.>) = 3AP -2(Divine Infusion: The Shadow Society*) = 1AP

*I call it this because i spent the AP to make it but never actually named it - essentially it's the society/organization that carries out the Shadow's missions. Even though missions and assignments are not obligations and can be refused, every Shadow currently belongs to it. That may change in time - particularly with the Doctor.

29. - Top - End - #569

MindFlayer

Carcino went back to the Cradle to tend to the universe's genetics. He watched carefully, a single mistake could doom to fail like this one will.
    "1427. It is not a race to 0 SAN."
    From Things Mr Welch is not Allowed to Do In an RPG
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ettin in the Playground

Calasanctium

Amathol holds his head once more, his eyes covered by his hand, whatever his reaction to the images is, it is not visible.
    Now you bear witness to her madness. She needs to be cared for, and one day, when her mind has been restored, she can return.
    That is of course, if it is your will Amathol, and the will of this council.

Belsheroth sent out a silent thought to him.
    Amathol, you have great potential... It is my wish to create a form of magic to heal and protect, and as such, I feel that you are suited to be among the first to wield this power for the good of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Exiting the Serpent Range.

His armies camped beneath him Hallorn looked out into the southern skies. Five dragons twisted on the winds, scouting what lay ahead. But the king of winter had other matters to attend to. Touching the tip of Isanvrede to the ground, Hallorn allowed the frost to spread out in the six fingered shape of a snowflake. then the arms behind him began to fold forwards like a fan until he was facing a half circle shaped in frost. Finally he placed a rock upon the ground. A stone he had carved into a crude replica of the icosahedron.

"I seek an audience with the sacrosanct directors."

And at his words the frost began to glow. And symbols appeared at each of the six limbs. Five which he expected and a sixth which he did not recognize. He had left the chair open for the fool, but apparently there was a new god among them.
    Forests of Starlight

Anzhela.
    One of the Belsherai who had been walking through the Forest paused.
    Father Belsheroth?
    Anzhela, the mortal Hallorn has deemed himself important enough to demand council with the directors. While I would normally be willing to see what it is that he wants, his arrogance should be punished.
    Therefore, as firstborn of the Belsherai, I desire that you travel to see him. But do not apologise for my absence. Do not bow or show any signs of undue respect. His death is inevitable and remind him of such if he says otherwise.

She smiled slightly.
    Of course Father. Shall I also knock him into the dust?
    No... That should not be necessary. And do be careful. You are unable to die as mortals do, but do not underestimate him. While I doubt his killing of Reisen actually happened as he believed it to, he managed to subdue the dragons of that region, both through trickery and force.
    Do not go unarmed or unarmoured, and remember to don the white cloak.

I know. Should I take a sweater?
    ... Do you want me to come up there?
    Anzhela laughed.

Hallorn's Council

A figure, easily eight foot tall, steps out of the shadows. One could just see the dark red armour she wore under her long white cloak, the hood obscuring her face. Her white feathered wings were tinged gold at the edges, and across her back, she bore a greatsword, easily taller than a full grown human, its hilt burning with brilliant opals.
    She bowed to Gwyn
    Lady Gwyn. Lord Belsheroth has advised of your birth and someday he hopes to meet with.
    She turned to Hallorn, but did not bow.
    Hallorn. I am Anzhela of the Belsherai. Lord Belsheroth has sent me in his stead as he is far too involved with more important matters to attend to your whims. However, he has agreed to speak with you concerning whatever matter it is you wish to discuss at the prearranged appointment he has with you.
    In the meantime, feel free to bring these matters to my attention, and I will make sure Lord Belsheroth hears of them when he has time.

Watch yourself Anzhela...
    I know what I'm doing Father.

Dragons!