New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: 2.e Clairemont Academy IC

Alexander heads to the gymnasium as well. He was curious about how competent the girl from the gates really was.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

"Would you mind recording them?" Arc asks in general, figuring at least one or more of them have a method of audio/video recording everyone. He gestures towards the guided tour option, clearly intending to go along with the official tour and see where it takes him. May as well go for both options. Plenty of time to see new things, but you can only make a lack of a first impression once.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Avari moves to follow Emily. "I will come too. Even just the few of you are amazing - I would very much like to see more."
    Akrim.elf made this avatar. She's awesome like that.

4. - Top - End - #64

BlueKnightGuy

Gym group

Spoiler
    Show
    Heading thrugh the doorway marked gymnasium, you step out from the lavishly decorated central hall to a large indoor building. a very, very large indoor buildings; you can only tell it's a building from the roof above. Around you pool more and more students, and you notice a group from before that wasn't part of your tour. eventually, the room seems to be full, and the door you entered closes and seems to vanish into the whiteness of the wall.
    "Hello everybody, and welcome to the Clairemont Academy gym. My name is Coach Samson, head of Physical Education here at the academy" announces a booming voice from behind as a new door opens, different from the one you entered. The owner of the voice soon steps out afterwards "If you're here that means you want to show off your powers, correct? excelent, I like a student with that sort of attittude. after all, if you have it, flaunt it!"
    Looking at him as he enters, the coach definatly follows his own philosophy; the man stands near 12 feet tall, muscle rippling under literally-golden skin. from atop his head, at odds with the testosterone poisining the rest of his apperance promises, iflows long, perfectly straight waist length hair.
    Following the coach are two more members of staff; one blonde woman dressed in a labcoat, and a brunette in a form-fitting track suit "The two ladies with me are Mrs Laurence, the woman in charge of power applicaion and tactics courses, and my fellow coach, Miss Reynolds. They'll be helping out in testing what you can do, and trying to make you comfortable. Oh, and before I forget, if anyone wants to laugh about the hair, please do so now and not later"
    Samson steps aside, taking a seat in a folding chair a distance from the group along with coach Reynolds. As Samson moves away, you notice the golden glow dim and his size recede until the man sitting in the chair is one you would still notice on the street, but not aparantly super-human.
    "Hello students. I'll keep this brief." said the teacher in the lab coat, pulling out a clib-board from seemingly out of the air. "Based upon the information we have on you we have prepared a number of simple tests so we can get more in depth information about your capabilities and abilities. afterwards, we will be putting you into a mock combat situation to see how you act under pressure. When I call your name, step forwards. First up..."

OOC: please roll a d20 - it will determine your test/event, unless there's something you particularly want to do to show off, in which case bring it up

Non-Gym group (possibly just beta - those of you who didn't decide before choose if/when you reply - and possibly header your reply with the choice for my benefit)

Spoiler
    Show
    Following Mr Simmons, you are led through the door marked dormitaries, and step from the pre-industrial styling of the grand hall to a much more mdernized corridor, lined with windows; each window somehow overlooking a different city
    "This corridor leads to both the rec room, and of course to the sleeping arangements. Our moddeler - and a teacher here, in case your wondering, a most charming woman by the name of Mrs Elayne Laurence - has a flair for travel, so I have to warn you; Those windows don't just recreate the view - they do indeed overlook it, and as such climbing out of one or two of them will garner several mile drops, and you being stranded in a different nation."
    Continuing the tour, you spend several minutes in the aforementioned recreational room - a large circular room filled with a number of televisions, sofas, two pool tables and more interdimensional windows - and then to the canteen, a room after the fashion of the Rec room
    "We try our best to provide the finest cuisine for you we can but a word of warning; this remains a school, and that fact does occassionally seep into the food. Also, our main chef Pierre has a habit to experiment..."
    As you near the dormatiries themselves, your tourguide stops the progress outside of an open door in a corridor; inside is what looks to be a store-room, though its in dssaray.
    "Excuse me, students, but please can you confirm for me; is this door in fact open, and the contents spilled across the floor? because if my eyes do not decieve me... oh dear.

5. - Top - End - #65

"I thought it'd just be a demonstration of exactly what we can do with our powers, not a test of specific applications," Emily comments, waiting to see the density kid's abilities and waiting for her turn to 'show off'. She wouldn't show everything, esspecially not her static cannon, that was a trump card only to be used when all else fails.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

6. - Top - End - #66

(Putting it in spoilers, just in case, since I'm the lone person in a different area)

Spoiler
    Show
    Arc, wondering why Mr. Simmons is asking this question, speculates that the question might have been asked because... there was more to it? Or not? With a lack of any other means of detection, he simply looks harder at the door and the mess to see if there's anything unusual and offhandedly senses for magical energy, just in case.

He hears no replies, the few people still there are probably looking for something abnormal to be worried about, and Mr. Simmons is quietly waiting for an answer. For the sake of progressing the situation, Arc speaks up. ".......Yes. It is, and they are."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Amy of course followed after Emily to the gym mainly because.. well, you had to see what your friends were capable of, right? It was great that she'd be rooming with the one, ah, friend she'd made so far even if all of the people she met here were nice. They made her feel normal and at ease, more like the girl she knew she wasn't than the monster she knew inhabited this Amy body.

"Wow, this is gonna be cool.. are you gonna go first and show us how it's done, Emily?" Amy asks with a giggle, just leaning over to whisper to her while watching the proceedings. Truth be told she would have been terrified to use her powers in a setting like this but today it was more like fifty-fifty, and she was here to impress.

8. - Top - End - #68

"I'd prefer somewhere in the middle, to be honest," Emily says, "most people with powers tend to be rather straightforward with them unless they have no direct application, like mine. Some powers you just have to think of things differently and find out which way is best to use them, which are often rather unexpected," she gives a nervous smile and blushes a little, "I actually get a lot of ideas from watching anime, they have a few characters that have fairly 'weak' powers but use them in ways that make them a lot stronger. It's how i got some ideas for a few of my power applications." at this point she pulls a hollow copper rod from her pocket, "this being the main one, it's a bit of a trump card actually."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69

"Combat? At last! It has been a long time since I have practiced my combat skills." Avari whispered, before falling suddenly falling silent.

"Apologies for asking, but what is 'Anime'? Some sort of combat training? If so, I would greatly like to see some - I am told you learn a lot about a culture from its tactics."

10. - Top - End - #70

Alexander grins when Emily mentions anime. "Heh. Let's just say I get a bit more of a direct inspiration when it comes to using my strengths from anime."

11. - Top - End - #71

"It's a form of entertainment, actually, it's short for animation and refers to Japanese shows mostly," Emily explains, "though anything using the anime style is considered an anime by most people, there are a few that will only refer to Japanese anime as such. They're called Otaku, which means Obsessed in Japanese. I'll have to show you one sometime, I'm sure there are a few you'd like, One Piece maybe... or Lucky Star if you'd prefer something more mundane."

Then she snorts lightly, obviously she just remembered something, "actually, i could just introduce you to one of my friends, for him, watching anime is training, he can mimic the abilities of anime characters pretty much at will. And he is an Otaku, in the truest sense of the word, and proud of it."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72

Avari grins wildly. "I cannot say I really understand, but iI would very much like to see. I think you mentioned the One Piece earlier."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

"Wow, you've really thought about this.. I feel like such a newbie about it." Amy replied, staring down at the copper rod. "Maybe you could show me your 'trump card' sometime? I'd love to see what you can do." She continued, twisting some of her hair around a finger absently. It seemed more like normal hair now, but looks could be deceiving.

"Oh yeah, I love watching anime, Avari! Or well.. I think I did. We should check some out, seriously, it's like.." Amy included herself in the conversation, leaning over to speak to their small group in it's entirety. She hoped she was pronouncing Avari's name entirely correct, although she did stress the 'ave'. "..Um, It's like, BAM, ZOW, pretty people and exotic locations! Now that I think about it.. people being transported across dimensions and being a total fish out of water might appeal to you for some reason."
    Last edited by Buwh; 2012-07-03 at 05:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Feeling a somewhat purplexed "Apologies, but it is pronounced Av-ar-ee. And... er... bam? Zow?"
    Last edited by Mekboy; 2012-07-04 at 06:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

BlueKnightGuy

@ Beta (and anyone else who wants to read it):
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh dead. oh dear, oh dear, oh dear." the instructor says to himself, stepping into the room to have a look around. Looking yourself, you notice something amiss, not in the pile of stuff on the floor, but an empty place on one of the otherwise-crowded shelves, the spot free of dust.

Gym Group
    Spoiler
    Show

Mrs Laurance began calling out names from her clipboard, and you see the other members of the crowd slowly move off to their events. From where you are, you see the self-declared "hero" from before stood on a pad, heavy wights slowly being lowered for him to lift, and the gir from the gates on some sort of agility course

then comes your turn.

@ Emily: "Mrs Creed. You're on the pursuit course." the woman in the labcoat claps her hand, and the area around you shifts to look a little like the streets you used to live on, filled with a number of faceless moving dummys, each one with a different number on its face. Most of them are simply miling around, but one seems to be intentionally keeping its distance from you. "you have one minute to determine which of these dummies is your "target" - by whatever means you deem neccecary -and to immobilize it."

@ Amy: "Mrs Anderson, you're on the infiltration course." the woman said, this time clapping her hands and the area around you shifts to look simmilar to a corridor, with searchlights moving across the walls. at the far end is a glowing object - covered by a clear glass barrier "all you need to do is get that object without alerting 'security'.

@ Avari: "Miss Avari, you're on the flight agility course." like with the others, the area around you shimmers, this time to resemble a chasm, with a very noticible artificial wind. before you are four platofrms, each with another one hovering above, slamming down at regular intervals "your test is a simple one, to test your speed and reflex. just fly over each platofrm without getting crushed. use whatever methods you feel comfortable with" (reflex save to try and fly through the platofrm without getting crushed if you try to fly)

@ Alexander: "A pilot, intresting... your on the force test." theteacher once more claps her hands, and before you forms a large block of some whiteish material you don't recognize "break this."

OOC: these tests, and your sucess at them, won't have that much of an effect on the storyline but you will get presents if you can ace them (but don't worry if you don't - and spending extreme amoints of extra effort/hero points might not be advisable )

combat tests will come after these

16. - Top - End - #76

"I see. Should be simple enough."

Alexander makes a movement as if to sit down and Graven, appears around him, his movement finishing with him sitting in the pilot's seat and after a few seconds gets into full power, standing and heading over to the block. Alexander then thinks for a few moments in the pilot's seat, before deciding to just go for it. Graven raises an arm, which then begins to change, parts extending out and sliding away, replacing the hand and lower arm with an array of cannons which then spin up and fire, unleashing a barrage of high-power lasers, carefully aimed to focus on spots that Graven's sensors may have picked out as being vulnerable, exploiting any cracks the sensors pick up.

17. - Top - End - #77

As her turn comes, Avari takes a deep breath and lifts into the air. "I suppose this will have to wait." Floating through the artificial wind, she does a couple of loops to build up speed before using the wind to boost her through the first pair of platforms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex:(1d20+6)[21]

If it helps I have evasion, uncanny dodge and can fly at 250mph.
    Last edited by Mekboy; 2012-07-07 at 07:05 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Emily raises an eyebrow, this seemed too easy, the one keeping its distance was the most obvious choice, but she had no indication other than that one, so she did what she could. She dashed down an alley and created a few balloon stairs to get to the roof before taking a survey of the area from the top.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Amy brushed her hair back and took a hard look at the course before her. "Um.. I'm not really that.. proficient.. with my powers.." She mumbled to the teacher, but probably not loud enough for her to hear. The young girl just hoped that the search lights didn't trigger any sort of security systerm, and although she was terrified to trust in her abilities she closed her eyes and let herself imagine doing the run.

Unconsciously, her hair extended from her head like tentacles, six long strands growing long enough and thick enough to lift the rest of her body off the ground and suspend her by hair. Almost like the tentacles of an octopus her strands of hair seemed to have their own mind and very quickly scurried over to the wall to latch on, using their great speed to walk down the wall, waiting and timing the lights to try and avoid them.

20. - Top - End - #80

Spoiler
    Show
    "...something is gone." Arc simply points at the empty spot as Mr. Simmons walks around looking at the mess. The spot seemed too small to be the source of all the stuff that fell, so it seems more like something had been there that was taken.