New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIX: I Have Done Nothing Productive All Day!

Guys
    Guys
    Hey guys

I need help. I've been talked into playing queen Chrysallis as a changeling character. But I'm not entirely sure what her vices and virtues would be. Also, would having a manipulation of sixfive dots be worth a cost of four merit points? I'd like to think being a successful changeling requires some composure, but then I'm staved for attribute dots...

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Church is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Check our the previous thread titles and ask Leeron to explain Princess.
    A) Who is Leeron?

A-2) Did you just call me Princess, or is Leeron supposed to "explain Princess"?

B) I think I was more confused about the hand thing that was on that link and that proceeded it, though all the fancy terms might have made it worse.

We had a rash of non-roman numeral threads and the joke got old.
    How did you Ninja this in there? I didn't see it at all... I normally see the White Text... maybe too many hot dogs...

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Guys
    Guys
    Hey guys

I need help. I've been talked into playing queen Chrysallis as a changeling character. But I'm not entirely sure what her vices and virtues would be. Also, would having a manipulation of sixfive dots be worth a cost of four merit points? I'd like to think being a successful changeling requires some composure, but then I'm staved for attribute dots...
    Keep in mind that an attribute of 4 implies natural talent equal or better than everyone except for professional athletes, top professors, and famous con-men, to name a few. 4 is a lot of potential. That said, Arcadian body is totally awesome and you should take it and be awesome.

I'd personally suggest Hope/Gluttony, although I think you could make a case for Temperance/Gluttony to represent her usual careful planning and temptation to indulge in excess.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Church is fun.

A) Who is Leeron?

A-2) Did you just call me Princess, or is Leeron supposed to "explain Princess"?
    You haven't watched Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, I take it. Leeron is the mechanic, very smart, also very affectatious. The picture with the confused head twist was Nia, she's a princess.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-07-16 at 09:31 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000.

Numbers on the contestants in the Young Fliers competition.

Ponies conclusively use Base-10.
    Point of order: Ponies use a base that is at least ten. It's possible they could be in, say, base 16 and we just haven't been shown the extra symbols.

Relatedly: Why do ponies avoid mentioning the names of months? It's most obvious in "Ticket Master" - "On the twenty-first day of... yadda yadda..." - but thus far they've never said any month names. Which is weird, considering how often they use the days of the week.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Topaz' Traditionally Tardy List of Pony tabletop RPGs:

Pony Tales (Aspirations of Harmony) Player's Book DM's Book Discussion forum (Homebrew)
    Ponies & Parasprites, Season Two (Homebrew)
    My Little Pony: Roleplaying is Magic, Season Two (Homebrew)
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, The Roleplaying Game (Homebrew)
    Pony Tales the RPG (D6 system based)
    Friendship is FATE (FATE system)
    The Savage World of My Little Pony (Savage Worlds)
    Puzzles and Ponies (Homebrew)
    Ponycraft (3D6 Homebrew)
    Friendship is Magic, the Tabletop RPG (Homebrew, these forums)
    Sereg's Pony RPG (D10 Homebrew)
    Unknown Ponies: Failure is Awesome (Unknown Armies)
    Don't Rest Your Hooves (Don't Rest Your Head)
    Ponies for D&D 4e
    Ponyfinder thread on Paizo forum
    Storyteller based Pony RPG tumblr
    Fallout: Equestria (Fallout Tabletop d100 project from [email protected] )
    Fallout: Equestria PNP (Revised) (Homebrew, unrelated)

Further contributions and updates welcome!
    Last edited by Topaz; 2012-07-19 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Added more Aspirations of Harmony links, second Fallout:Equestria game
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Hehe. I've had thread 59 dibsed for a while now.

Too obvious. Pinkie is best genderbend.
    AJ and RD are the obviously unfeminine characters, due to being hardworking and sporty respectively. Rarity and Fluttershy are the two obviously feminine, and so get irony points-which is also overdone.
    Twilight and Pinkie, as the studious one and the cloud cuckoolander, change practically none at all due to gender. Twilight, however is the main character in a show for girls.
    Have you seen genderbent Braeburn?

Guys
    Guys
    Hey guys

I would say Lust and Hope for vices and virtues.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Point of order: Ponies use a base that is at least ten. It's possible they could be in, say, base 16 and we just haven't been shown the extra symbols.

Relatedly: Why do ponies avoid mentioning the names of months? It's most obvious in "Ticket Master" - "On the twenty-first day of... yadda yadda..." - but thus far they've never said any month names. Which is weird, considering how often they use the days of the week.
    Maybe they want to reserve the possibility of pony-naming the months to match up with alternative holiday names like Nightmare Night and Hearthswarming Eve? Also, they don't really do days of the week much per se, just Tuesday. Twilight Sparkle really likes saying Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Does that look any different than normal Braeburn?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Keep in mind that an attribute of 4 implies natural talent equal or better than everyone except for professional athletes, top professors, and famous con-men, to name a few. 4 is a lot of potential. That said, Arcadian body is totally awesome and you should take it and be awesome.

I'd personally suggest Hope/Gluttony, although I think you could make a case for Temperance/Gluttony to represent her usual careful planning and temptation to indulge in excess.
    Ooh gluttony. That's a keeper.

I think I'll let that sink in. The downside to starting with a supernatural is that five being the human maximum means that it's okay to exceed it. But mechanically it's fine. It feels weird having 'only' eight dice when five is an attainable max.

Memory surfacing. Thanqol suggesting. Two skills at four dots, one your supers killed profession, one a passionate hobby. Doesn't apply to attributes as such, but a goo starting point.

-

So a question for pony thread. When I ate last time you guys sat down and just indulged in an old season one episode? Maybe binged the series again? I find it's always eye opening to see what there was that pulled me in that first time.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

So a question for pony thread. When I ate last time you guys sat down and just indulged in an old season one episode? Maybe binged the series again? I find it's always eye opening to see what there was that pulled me in that first time.
    Right Now I'm watching Applebuck Season. I'm going through both seasons very slowly only watching episodes that I thought were good. So mediocre episodes will not be watched (pretty much every Rarity episode, I really have to do something about my Rarity hate.)
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

There's still just the two seasons, right? Is season one that much more different from the second season? Legitimate question, since TMNT 2003 didn't really change during any of the seasons, while, say, Pokemon, basically became different shows each season.

Additional input (for God Knows whatever possible reason), I'm up to episode 16 in my viewing.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-07-16 at 09:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Does that look any different than normal Braeburn?
    Either way, hot enough for swoon.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Banned

There's still just the two seasons, right? Is season one that much more different from the second season? Legitimate question, since TMNT 2003 didn't really change during any of the seasons, while, say, Pokemon, basically became different shows each season.

Additional input (for God Knows whatever possible reason), I'm up to episode 16 in my viewing.
    No, not so different. Just old. Well, older but no old. I was specifying so people wouldn't say "I watched it just a month ago- the royal wedding in fact" because it was specifically a researching to reconnect I was asking about

Also throwing m hat into Braeburn's arena. Yowza!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Guys
    Guys
    Hey guys

I'm going to say no, for Manipulation anyways. I can't speak to all the rolls that might be relevant, but someone with Manip and no Prescence is... a used car dealer that rips people off. Or the like. And you stated you wanted to build up to being a Queen. And Queens need a presence sooner or later.

And Composure gives you Willpower.

So unless you have a known specific inarguable use like a Contract that you plan to spam the heck out I'd find another use for those Merit dots and go for better rounded Socials.

You haven't watched Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, I take it. Leeron is the mechanic, very smart, also very affectatious. The picture with the confused head twist was Nia, she's a princess.
    Yeah and he's Mr Exposition more often then not.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-07-16 at 10:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Season 1 and Season 2 are pretty similar in some ways. Mix of episode types, various character focus and world-building, random epic moments. Season 1 was, I think, a bit more vague and thus a bit more consistent (hard to contradict yourself when a lot of the world is "fill in the blank"). I also think season 1 had a certain charm to it that comes from consistent world-building and that got a bit lost with season 2 being more over-the-top. On the other hand, season 2 had a lot of polish compared to the first season (way fewer animation errors). Season 2 also had great storytelling and took several characters to interesting places (e.g. Pinkie's Smile Song, Rarity's relationship with Sweetie Belle, Fluttershy and Rainbow's almost canon relationship).

If I had to put it into a blurb, Season 1 built a world with interesting characters. Season 2 took those characters on interesting adventures.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

i love the smell of ponythread in the morning
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ah, I see.

I tried watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and I still try to get through it. But it makes me go blind from over exposure to Pure Awesomeness, so it's hard some times.

Yeah and he's Mr Exposition more often then not.
    Isn't he also the touchy gay guy? Reminds me of Fred Low a bit...

Season 1 and Season 2 are pretty similar in some ways. Mix of episode types, various character focus and world-building, random epic moments. Season 1 was, I think, a bit more vague and thus a bit more consistent (hard to contradict yourself when a lot of the world is "fill in the blank"). I also think season 1 had a certain charm to it that comes from consistent world-building and that got a bit lost with season 2 being more over-the-top. On the other hand, season 2 had a lot of polish compared to the first season (way fewer animation errors). Season 2 also had great storytelling and took several characters to interesting places (e.g. Pinkie's Smile Song, Rarity's relationship with Sweetie Belle, Fluttershy and Rainbow's almost canon relationship).

If I had to put it into a blurb, Season 1 built a world with interesting characters. Season 2 took those characters on interesting adventures.
    I think I see what you mean, at least for the bits about season 1 in laying the foundation for the series (though I haven't seen too many animation errors. I might not be paying enough attention to notice, though).

To the underlined, that's a pretty dang good blurb.

To the bolded, -WHAT-.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

I just got the biggest Jurassic Park vibe right there.
    Movie 1: Make the Dinosaurs.
    Movie 2: Do awesome stuff with the Dinosaurs.
    Random random is random. Random.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, I see.

I tried watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and I still try to get through it. But it makes me go blind from over exposure to Pure Awesomeness, so it's hard some times.

Isn't he also the touchy gay guy? Reminds me of Fred Low a bit...

I think I see what you mean, at least for the bits about season 1 in laying the foundation for the series (though I haven't seen too many animation errors. I might not be paying enough attention to notice, though).

To the underlined, that's a pretty dang good blurb.

To the bolded, -WHAT-.
    Yes he is the touchy guy.

There were some animation errors if you looked closely.

You didn't notice their relationship? I mean they even kiss in the Changling fight
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yes he is the touchy guy.
    I'm not a homophobe or anything, but he scares me.

There were some animation errors if you looked closely.
    I guess that's a perk of using an ipod for such things...

You didn't notice their relationship? I mean they even kiss in the Changling fight
    I'm not sure what comes to mouth first: (WHAT!?!), (SPOILER ALERT!?!), (EWW.), (I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT FAR YET!), or (O.o"). All of them coming at once probably explains my sudden headache. And the taste of half-eaten poptart and hotdog.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Stop messing with the poor guy! He still has to see past S1 anyway.

To elaborate; There is no explicit shipping between any of the characters ... there is, however, plenty of potential fodder that can be interpreted as such by those who wish to do so.

(e.g. Rainbow once complained about being dragged along to watch butterfly migrations by Fluttershy. Strong friendship or something more? You decide!)

In short, I think they might be trolling us XD

As for the kiss, sorry Forum. But looking closely at the scene does reveal a gap between their faces as Rainbow picks Flutters up.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground

Man, I'm trying to power through writing this chapter, and it's the hardest one yet. I feel like this current conflict isn't flowing as well as it could, it feels clunky.

I know once I get past this one scene the rest of the chapter will be cake, but I just can't...

I've done this before with chapter one, it's like I try to find an excuse to slow down chapter creation.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

To the bolded, -WHAT-.
    Edit: none of these are spoilers, they're just random scenes in episodes.

I might miss a few, I trust other ponies to fill in the gaps.

1. Bop on the nose and general arm-in-arm movement during the "Best Pet" duet.
    2. Rainbow grabs Fluttershy to help in Secret of My Excess (admittedly weak since they had to hold the sheet, but Fluttershy is usually a slowdown for Rainbow).
    3. Acting together in Hearthswarming Eve
    4. Getting Fluttershy out of bed in Super Squeezy Cider 6000, including Fluttershy being embarrased and Rainbow putting her first in line even though that meant missing out on cider.
    5. Butterfly migration and dragon migration scene in Dragon Quest (why did Rainbow go to the Butterfly migration? Answer: to be with Fluttershy.)
    6. Pretty much all of Hurricane Fluttershy
    7. Rainbow picking up Fluttershy during the wedding fight scene looks like they kiss and the sliding on the floor sound is practically the same as a kissing sound. Example of unintentional, but romantic. Plus, even if they don't kiss, they get pretty close to each other.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-07-16 at 10:49 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'm not a homophobe or anything, but he scares me.
    You and Kamina both huh?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    In short, I think they might be trolling us XD

As for the kiss, sorry Forum. But looking closely at the scene does reveal a gap between their faces as Rainbow picks Flutters up.
    You mean the part where their faces overlap in both the HD television and HD Internet version? I think you misunderstand what 'gap' means

25. - Top - End - #55
    Firbolg in the Playground

7. Rainbow picking up Fluttershy during the wedding fight scene looks like they kiss and the sliding on the floor sound is practically the same as a kissing sound. Example of unintentional, but romantic. Plus, even if they don't kiss, they get pretty close to each other.
    They said it wasn't intentional, and their lack of elaboration there I think amounts to them following that by saying "wink".
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ummm, how many times must i say it? Rainbow and I are good friends and nothing more..besides she is completely into stallions despite all the rumors. I think she has a thing for Big Macintosh. It would explain why she is always hanging out at sweet apple acres...

And even if she were a filly fooler my heart belongs only to my dear sweet Mage
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-07-16 at 11:03 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Hehe. I've had thread 59 dibsed for a while now.
    Ok. Good thing!

Too obvious. Pinkie is best genderbend.
    Bubble Berry is best colt.

We are rewatching both seasons right now in glorious 40" tv and 5.1 dolby. While she sews Pinkies. We are at CutiePox episode

For me it's the oposite, the first season is way to... generic in some episodes, a little too childlish.
    Second season has all this great stories and adventures. Time travel, Real obsession, and Chocolate Rain Guys! Chocolate Rain!
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-16 at 11:01 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Ummm, how many times must i say it? Rainbow and I are good friends and nothing more..besides she is completely into stallions despite all the rumors.

And even if she were a filly fooler my heart belongs only to my dear sweet Mage
    This is also an acceptable fluttership, as it keeps Mac free for the only pony that could understand him.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

You and Kamina both huh?
    Yeah. I'm cool with people liking whoever they like; I just feel uncomfortable when people touch me like that. And it's been mainly people like that who get all "personal space invadey".

I'm normally the personal space invader. I don't like my medicine!

I'm honestly not sure what to say about this ship... I hadn't even considered the idea of shipping in this show... even if its audience is much bigger than little girls, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that's probably somewhere near the target audience... at least quite a bit of the merchandice operates that way... Made that earlier gift shoping rather uncomfortable.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-07-16 at 11:04 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    This is also an acceptable fluttership, as it keeps Mac free for the only pony that could understand him.
    ooo...then don't go back and look at what got added in after a moment...

though i like pink mac too
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-07-16 at 11:06 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar