New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 82: So Many Babies!

Poplar Cabin

"Reelshka, can I make you a poultice for your eye?" Pansy offers. "What happened to it?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Rowan Cabin

"Leather made from the old hellhounds. Their skin only gets thicker and tougher as they get old, so when they die of old age it makes incredible armor." Julie replies, letting Copi hold it if she wants. She'll find that Julie may have been exaggerating about the weight, but only by a little. It's definitely more than twenty pounds on its own.
    Elder hellhound leather? That's the kind of thing that adventurers go on quests to get their hands on. "Very nice. If you want to be rid of it, I'll be glad to take it. I would like it to be a different color, I admit, but the dress itself is more than I could ask for."

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

[Poplar Cabin]

"Oh." Reelshka coughs quietly. "It's a gift... from Pathfinder and Waterstrider's parents. They let me see spirits. The eye is a physical effect of that."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Troll in the Playground

Poplar Cabin

"Ah," Pansy says, with a knowing smile. Pathfinder and Reelshka are closer than she thought. "But it doesn't hurt?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

[Poplar Cabin]

Reelshka touches her changed eye. "No, it doesn't. It's strange when I choose to see the things this way, but it doesn't hurt. It's a whole new world, though."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Elder hellhound leather? That's the kind of thing that adventurers go on quests to get their hands on. "Very nice. If you want to be rid of it, I'll be glad to take it. I would like it to be a different color, I admit, but the dress itself is more than I could ask for."
    Rowan Cabin

"It's heavy, it's too small to button up over my chest, and I can't adjust it because I don't have anything that will cut the leather anymore. If you'll take it, it's yours. What colour do you want it? I'll have to wake up Prism, but she's probably do for a feeding now anyway." Julie lets go of the dress/coat, and lets Copi bear the entirety of the weight. If she wants it, it's high time she should carry the thing.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Oof, that will make you fit.

"Thank you, Julie. While your at it, you can formally introduce me to Prism... we met, and she was smart and cautious around a stranger." Part of Copi hopes that she doesn't have to explain it to Julie, seeing as she doesn't really know the details.

8. - Top - End - #1418

Rowan Cabin

"Getting into trouble is she? Probably her sister's idea. They're both trouble on their own, but when they're together, Scylla gets all the ideas, and Prism goes along with them." She says as she goes to the children's room, finding the two sound asleep on their single bed. She's got it surrounded by some bouncy foam material so they don't get hurt if they roll out of bed, but they've always done better curled up and sleeping together than separate, and she's not going to take that from them until they're ready.

"So, a colour?" She asks again before she bends down to wake them up from their nap.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Oh, right. I think green; either the green of my hair or something lighter. Perhaps a nice, verdant green." Bright blue just doesn't fit with this style. Copi is a bit back from the bed, so that Prism has a bit to wake up before she sees her.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-08-15 at 03:38 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1420

Rowan Cabin

"A deep green? I think this kind of outfit works best with dark colours, more intimidating and such." Julie remarks as she delicately disentangles Prism from the squirmy tentacles her sister has her wrapped in. The baby blinks once or twice sleepily as she's lifted into her mother's arms, but quickly sees Copi and lets out a small yawn of confusion.

"Copi has a little job she needs help with. Do you think you can do that, my big girl?" Julie coos, running one hand through Prism's hair while the other supports her.

"... Hi Copy Lady..." The toddler mumbles sleepily.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Hello, Prism. Would you help me? Your mom gave me this pretty dress, but it's black. I was wondering if you could make it green for me? Please?" She shows prism the dress, so that she can choose right there whether to be nice to the odd lady or not.

12. - Top - End - #1422

Rowan Cabin

Prism would be happy to help, if Copi wasn't so vague, "What kinda green? There's lots and lots." That's like asking her to say a word, and not telling her which one. It could be anything!

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Copi smiles. It's easy to forget how advanced these children are. In retrospect, prism in particular is probably very knowledgeable about colors... Copi might be able to say "Ecru" and not get any confusion at all. Not that she's going to test that right now. "I would like it to be a middle shade of green, lighter than my hair so that the colors don't clash."

14. - Top - End - #1424

Rowan Cabin

"...Okay." Lighter than Copi's hair she could do, that was at least a description. Rather than make it bright and vibrant by adding more red or yellow to the shade, Prism instead adds more white, and pictures what it would look like in her head, then imposes that on the fabric.

And the dress turns a somewhat pale average green, almost a pastel colour, but a bit too dark for that.

"Good?" Julie echoes the question with a glance, not what she would have chosen, but if Copi's happy with it, then that's all she needs to hear.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Yes, it's very nice, thank you Prism."

Copi will then turn to leave, to go into the restroom and change.

16. - Top - End - #1426

Rowan Cabin

"Good night Copy Lady." Prism replies, reaching down to her sissy plaintively. She doesn't want to be fed right now, she wants to go back to sleep.

Julie eventually acquiesces, and lets her curl back up in Scylla's arms and tendrils.

"If you'd like, I can give you one of my slips to wear under it, for when you want it unbuttoned." Julie has plenty of nightwear, some modest enough for Copi's use.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"I would appreciate that, yes. Really, thank you Julie. Maybe I will see about getting a cabin... in any case, feel more than free to ask me if you need anything. I realize that I'm probably difficult to find, but I have enough free time that I should be available to help with just about anything if you need me to."

18. - Top - End - #1428

Rowan Cabin

"I've got one in a deep green you can have, just hold on a second." Julie goes to fish it out of a drawer, and hands it to Copi so she can pull it over her head before she starts in on the multitude of buttons involved in putting on the dress properly.

"I'll keep it in mind, but I've been living pretty simply since coming here. Not much to ask for really. If there's ever an emergency though, I'll know that you're someone to lean on."

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Copi will change, and then come back out, obviously pleased. "It's a very nice dress, even if it is heavy. I think I'll get used to it quickly enough. Did you want the old dress? I don't know if you might be able to scavenge anything from it."

The old dress is ripped, torn, dirt smudged, burnt, and a good amount of it is stained with some mystery blue liquid that isn't quite the same color of blue as the dress and smells like ozone.

"I wouldn't care if you decided that it should be just thrown out... I know I don't think it can be salvaged."

20. - Top - End - #1430

Rowan Cabin

Julie negligently snaps her fingers, and the dress should burst into flames and vanish from Copi's hand, "I'll burn the old thing later. I have more than enough fabric without scavenging scraps these days. You'll be alright in that then?" Julie asks, eying it professionally. It fit better than she could have hoped it would, being unable to tailor it to fit Copi exactly.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Quite all right! Now for the next question, should I stay here and wait for Kate, or try to find her? I could probably find her, and then check back here if I don't."
    She walks over to a window. "Not sure how long she would be, might be an hour or so depending on what's going on today."

22. - Top - End - #1432

Rowan Cabin

"She said that she'd be back after she did her three days of work that she had to catch up on, which means that when she gets off work tonight, she'll probably stop by. Might be a while. You could stay for supper, of course, if you don't mind the plain meals I usually make. Other than that, why not walk around GLoG a bit to eat up some time? Maybe you can see how the cabins work, talk to some people and such?" Julie offers. It's not that she couldn't entertain Copi if she had to, but she usually finds small-talk grating, no matter who it's with. She'd probably have to bust out a pack of cards to keep from getting bored.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Troll in the Playground

{By a Tree}

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Lucy will very likely try to calm any fear that Vidalia has, acting as professionally as possible. Keeping an optimistic tone when speaking.

"We heard rumours of this League when we were in the city. It sounded quite fantastical and wonderful and it most certainly seems to be."

Smiling, Lucy tries to be reassuring to Vidalia while waiting for Bill to wake up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Tree
    Bill doesn't wake up!
    This may because his skin is incredibly tough and has little feeling in it, because he's indeed a deathclaw.
    Really? You should have seen the old place. There was a garden, and a swimming pool, and magical rooms for the residents, and a really great infirmary with all the best tech available. She looks around, kinda disappointed. Now... it's just a campground with a fae-built infirmary, a medlab, and cabins. Some of which still need to be cleaned. But the lake is nice. And we didn't have ghosts before. At least, none that I saw.

Well, at least you found Bill.
    She reaches out toward him, her arm shifting into a long vine, and tries to tickle the bottom of his foot. This should wake him.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Copi nods. "That sounds like a good idea, there are a few people around I need to meet anyway. And I might as well look into acquiring a spare room right now." She will head to the door, "Later, Julie," and leave.

25. - Top - End - #1435

Rowan Cabin

"Have fun with it Copi, maybe make a new friend or two." Julie waves as Copi heads out the front door. Now, time to prep supper, do dishes, and all that other boring stuff.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Poplar Cabin]

Reelshka touches her changed eye. "No, it doesn't. It's strange when I choose to see the things this way, but it doesn't hurt. It's a whole new world, though."
    "I'm glad to hear it. Give Pathfinder our love." Pansy says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Titan in the Playground

[Poplar Cabin]

"I will. Stay safe," Reelshka says, tipping her hat. She then leaves, quietly so as not to wake the kids. Luckily, goblins move very quietly.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Pixie in the Playground

[Maple Cabin - Zero and Valaira]

The unnatural darkness eventually swirls away, spilling out of the cabin and away to...somewhere. The ascetic emptiness of Zero's room is laid out for all to see. There's only a bed here now. There remains nothing else.

Upon the walls blood has been smeared. Hundreds of intricate symbols line the walls, imparting to the room an almost haunting atmosphere. There's a summoning circle here. A sigil there.

Valaira redecorated.

And she won't let go of Zero if she can help it. She won't let him disappear again.

"Do you promise to stay with me forever?"

29. - Top - End - #1439

Jamie's Garden
    "So let's go shopping now?"
    Rainbow's really excited to go shopping!

---

Tree
    Bill is still asleep.
    He begins to snore quite loudly.
    It's going to take more than tickling to wake him up. After all, his skin is extremely tough, and has barely any feeling in it.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

[Grounds]

Sophie is sitting in a folded chair between the cabins, watching her new cat explore the camp. However, right now Nicholas decided to go back to his new human and hop onto her lap.