New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LI: FE

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Baller?
    Baller.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Well, I wish I was a little bit smaller, but alright

I hope my answers help in some small way.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Crack-Theory-Time;

Discord. Imprisoned for a thousand years or two, the first thing he does upon escaping his eternal prison is launch into what is clearly a pre-meditated plan. He inflicts chaos of unprecedented levels on Equestria and outright Dares the wielders of the Elements of Harmony to try to imprison him again. After defeating his distractions and getting everything together, they fire the elements at him, and he is reduced to a statue once more.

All according to Keikaku. (Note - Keikaku means plan).
    Discord's real goal here isn't revenge, it's freedom and safety. He knows that Celestia dare not leave him free, and that she will send the Elements and their wielders after him, so the only way to be free of his statue prison is to convince them that they have won.
    He overplays the chaos side of things, turns it way up to 11 and makes himself out to be the biggest, most insane and uncontrollable godlike madman and goads the Wielders of the Elements of Harmony into giving him everything they've got.

When they finally beat his apparent plot and activate the elements, he plays along, substituting an illusion of himself for the target and making a real statue out of it as the elements hit empty space. One lightshow later, the ponies who were too angry to be thinking clearly and too relieved to have clearly won, (as chaos subsides), are convinced a dangerous lunatic is sealed away forever, once more. Discord is free to drop the malicious trickster act (which he cribbed from his own, pre-imprisonment self and turned up to 11), and leaves equestria to take up a quiet life of only occaisional metaphysical sillyness in a land outside of Pony control. He walks away in disguise, to slightly familiar sad walking away music. (But finally free).
    Headcanon...
    *slams hoof on large red button*
    ...Accepted!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I'd be with all the way up to those the last two sentences, which I would substitute with "Discord is free to drop the malicious trickster act (which he toned down from his usual malveolence), while he regains his full strength, ready to make a new attempt to retake Equestria with his full power and not need to hold back this time."

Mostly because I don't see him as even remotely harmless or benign.
    Alternate, mutually exclusive headcanon...
    *slams button again*
    ...Also accepted!

So I had a fanfic idea the other day, which may or may not have any merit. There are many fanfics of a modern human being transported to Equestria, and not quite as many of ponies being transported to Earth. So my thought was, what if both parties were to meet somewhere unfamiliar to both of them? A different world entirely, maybe a crossover with something else, maybe something new.

What do you guys think? Is there anything interesting to this idea? Because I've already begun writing it in my head, and I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth translating to something more concrete.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

Your payment has been applied. I really rolled that "R" there.
    cools xD

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    My full, given name is Michael Waller, if you want to sound like you're calling someone from across the street.
    (notes down for future reference)
    :3

Spoiler
    Show
    ...her hair looks like fluttershy.
    Is this secretly flutterdash?

Done, as far as I can tell.
    Awww man, yelling Commander (or Commodore) must be awesome. I want to.

Paper is now only used for CAD design scribbles and notes and things; everything concrete I do now is digital.
    I write idly in lectures and stuff (when I should be listening), but otherwise everything is digital. Digital is better for the same reason as lichie; It rarely gets copied over.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

so....just came back from Walmart

out of habit checked the Pony selection(which had been moved since i was last up there) and found they had the new official plushies in
    --well, the Twilight one anyway..no Pinkie

the lady at checkout asked if i was getting it for my daughter and i said "heck no, it's for me" and she was a bit surprised..asked "you like my little pony?"

there was no barcode so she had to ask a supervisor to go back and get a stock #/price..and while waiting she asked me about pony so i told her a bit about the show(like not being a 22min commercial like the 80's stuff) and she said it sounded interesting enough to check out later
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    So I had a fanfic idea the other day, which may or may not have any merit. There are many fanfics of a modern human being transported to Equestria, and not quite as many of ponies being transported to Earth. So my thought was, what if both parties were to meet somewhere unfamiliar to both of them? A different world entirely, maybe a crossover with something else, maybe something new.

What do you guys think? Is there anything interesting to this idea? Because I've already begun writing it in my head, and I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth translating to something more concrete.
    Would put an interesting spin on the tired and overused plot device of Human in Equestria or Pony on Earth. But you would need a good neutral ground to put them in. Something like on an alien planet like Pandora/Mars/alternate dimension X/ponythread.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Bugbear in the Playground

I added myself to my buddy list. You can too!

PONYTHREAD, I NEED YOUR HELP

I am doing a final year university course and I need data. Could you spare 10 minutes and hit up this survey for me? It's non-intrusive and quick, and I only need a total of 50 responses.

If you perform this service for me, I shall shout your name at the top of my lungs at some random moment in time in real life.
    It has been done, my lord. If I could make a request, would you shout "there goes Maxtronaut!" the next time you see a shooting star? More likely than not, it really is me reentering the planet's atmosphere.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post

out of habit checked the Pony selection(which had been moved since i was last up there) and found they had the new official plushies in

the lady at checkout asked if i was getting it for my daughter and i said "heck no, it's for me" and she was a bit surprised..asked "you like my little pony?"

there was no barcode so she had to ask a supervisor to go back and get a stock #/price..and while waiting she asked me about pony so i told her a bit about the show(like not being a 22min commercial like the 80's stuff) and she said it sounded interesting enough to check out later
    How old was said "lady"?

Also, there are official plushies now?

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Would put an interesting spin on the tired and overused plot device of Human in Equestria or Pony on Earth. But you would need a good neutral ground to put them in. Something like on an alien planet like Pandora/Mars/alternate dimension X/ponythread.
    Good enough for me, I guess I'll start writing. I agree that the neutral ground needs to be interesting. All I've got right now is an image of rocky canyons filled with heavy fog.
    I feel like the world should work differently than both earth and equestria. Maybe have it be somewhat psychoactive, like the Hedge in Changeling: the Lost.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

go for it!

What location were you thinking of?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Troll in the Playground

ok, i swear the world is trying to kill me.

i roll up to a red at an intersection. light turns green. car to my left (in the straight only lane), turns straight into me and knocks me off my bike. i now have a 2 1/2 inch gash running down my leg.
    oh the joys of sharing the road

i request medical themed pony, stat!
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-08-19 at 11:33 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post

i roll up to a red at an intersection. light turns green. car to my left (in the straight only lane), turns straight into me and knocks me off my bike. i now have a 2 1/2 inch gash running down my leg.

Do you live in one of those cities that have the "share the road" signs? Because, if so, you could probably get the guy that hit you put in jail or something. "smallannoyed" is BS, I'd be super-pissed.

13. - Top - End - #1033

I can appreciate the sentiment behind this and on the surface the "neutral ground" idea has merit, but I would caution you that this will be VERY difficult to pull off.

You're going to have to come up with a completely new setting that doesn't feel too much like Earth or Equestria, which means it's going to need to be compelling and fleshed out well enough for the audience to get a sense of it without a frame of reference. Then you're going to need to come up with a reason why humans traveled there, then you're going to need a reason why ponies traveled there, and you're going to have to convince your audience to suspend disbelief over the two accidentally running into one another.

Oh yeah, then you have to come up with a story to tell that wouldn't work in either of the other two settings and tell it.

Not saying it can't be done but I think you're looking at an uphill battle

That really sucks Thubby, feel better.

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Eakin; 2012-08-19 at 12:29 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I can appreciate the sentiment behind this and on the surface the "neutral ground" idea has merit, but I would caution you that this will be VERY difficult to pull off.

You're going to have to come up with a completely new setting that doesn't feel too much like Earth or Equestria, which means it's going to need to be compelling and fleshed out well enough for the audience to get a sense of it without a frame of reference. Then you're going to need to come up with a reason why humans traveled there, then you're going to need a reason why ponies traveled there, and you're going to have to convince your audience to suspend disbelief over the two accidentally running into one another.

Oh yeah, then you have to come up with a story to tell that wouldn't work in either of the other two settings and tell it.

first thing that popped into my head is that some anomaly has caused the 2 worlds to merge, creating something alien to either.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

15. - Top - End - #1035

first thing that popped into my head is that some anomaly has caused the 2 worlds to merge, creating something alien to either.
    Huh. I was thinking Humans and Ponies both try to violently colonize the land of the Care Bears or something.
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-08-19 at 12:35 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

That really sucks Thubby, feel better.

Spoiler
    Show

Yes, that's the rub, isn't it. All I've got so far is both parties being transported there suddenly by surprise, with neither knowing how. I'm just writing down everything I have so far, and thinking of the rest later. Once I do figure that out I'll probably go back and change details to fit. I certainly won't put it up for others to see until I do figure it out, but I want to establish what I have first.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

17. - Top - End - #1037

Yes, that's the rub, isn't it. All I've got so far is both parties being transported there suddenly by surprise, with neither knowing how. I'm just writing down everything I have so far, and thinking of the rest later. Once I do figure that out I'll probably go back and change details to fit. I certainly won't put it up for others to see until I do figure it out, but I want to establish what I have first.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.
    Hmm... Well structurally I think you're best off leaving it a mystery how they got there at first, just to make sure you get some energy and momentum developing in the first couple thousand words, maybe make the story develop along the lines of the two parties initially distrusting and suspicious of one another but over the long haul they band together to colonize the new place. Then maybe the reveal is that some greater intelligence or power brought them together intentionally for some reason.

Middle part sounds a bit like The Taste Of Grass actually, a Conversion Bureau story that's basically "My Little House on the Prairie"

EDIT: The biggest hang up I might expect is that it's gonna be tough to come up with a reason they were forced together than doesn't feel heavy-handed and preachy
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-08-19 at 12:53 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Do you live in one of those cities that have the "share the road" signs? Because, if so, you could probably get the guy that hit you put in jail or something. "smallannoyed" is BS, I'd be super-pissed.
    no signs, it's just state law.
    my bike is fine, I'm largely ok (the cut is shallow, i think the pedal or gears raked me), and the guy handled it respectably.
    i have his contact info if anything comes up, but honestly im not that litigious.

Huh. I was thinking Humans and Ponies both try to violently colonize the land of the Care Bears or something.
    that would be hilarious.
    my brain tends to go more dark/dramatic over comedy when left to its own devices.
    case in point!
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-08-19 at 12:51 PM.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

no signs, it's just state law.
    my bike is fine, I'm largely ok (the cut is shallow, i think the pedal or gears raked me), and the guy handled it respectably.
    i have his contact info if anything comes up, but honestly im not that litigious.
    Oh. You made it sound like it was a hit and run scenario. I'd be super pissed. If he stopped and apologized, and there were no serious injuries, I'd probably be ok with that.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Firbolg in the Playground

that would be hilarious.
    my brain tends to go more dark/dramatic over comedy when left to its own devices.
    case in point!
    Mine just gets darker. For instance, at three AM two days ago,
    this
    Spoiler
    Show

made me laugh. (To be fair, the internet could be devided into those who would laugh and those who would get squemish at that comics punchline.)
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-08-19 at 01:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1041

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    this
    Spoiler
    Show

made me laugh. (To be fair, the internet could be devided into those who would laugh and those who would get squemish at that comics punchline.)
    Are you kidding? That's hysterical. Ponified Amigara Fault, wow. Just when I think bronies/the internet is out of ways to impress me something like this comes along

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm sure this image has been posted a few times in the past but who cares IT'S ADORABLE!!!

Spoiler
    Show

SMARTY PANTS IS BEST DONKEY can someone give me a new pancreas?
    In the arena of logic I fight UNARMED!!!

Current Avatar by zimmerwald1915
    Former Avatars by the amazing Dirtytabs
    Former avatar 1

Former Avatar 2

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

this
    Spoiler
    Show

I laughed.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

anybody want to have a hot date with Derpy?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    How old was said "lady"?

Also, there are official plushies now?
    i would say she was mid 20's
    was quite cute..but had a ring on

these: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...expanding.html

and yes, this was a 10" that i bought
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-08-19 at 04:25 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Troll in the Playground

Okay guys, my cousin from France is over for a visit, to help practice his English. While I was talking to him, I mentioned MLP, and interested him enough that he decided he wanted to watch an episode to see what it's all about. Always good.

Now here's the thing: I need an episode to show him. We've done the whole "what's the best episode to show a newbie?" bit over and over, but now I'm wondering, what would be the best episode for a non-native english speaker? Would this change? I think I'd need something with less word-play, and probably an episode focusing on slower speaking characters (i.e. probably not Pinkie) and without strong accents (i.e. probably not AJ). And thoughts?

And before you ask, yes I know there's a French dub, but he wants to see it in the original English.

I'm off to bed now, so I'll respond to any queries tomorrow. Night all.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

26. - Top - End - #1046

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Okay guys, my cousin from France is over for a visit, to help practice his English. While I was talking to him, I mentioned MLP, and interested him enough that he decided he wanted to watch an episode to see what it's all about. Always good.

Now here's the thing: I need an episode to show him. We've done the whole "what's the best episode to show a newbie?" bit over and over, but now I'm wondering, what would be the best episode for a non-native english speaker? Would this change? I think I'd need something with less word-play, and probably an episode focusing on slower speaking characters (i.e. probably not Pinkie) and without strong accents (i.e. probably not AJ). And thoughts?

And before you ask, yes I know there's a French dub, but he wants to see it in the original English.

In not any particular order, I might suggest:

Dragonshy
    Fall Weather Friends
    Green Isn't Your Color
    Sweet and Elite
    Read it and Weep
    Hurricane Fluttershy

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

winter wrap up.
    arguably best song in the series, has a good conflict that gets resolved, and we get to see a lot of the ponies being who they are without a need for backstory.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

The clip that got me to try it was from Sonic Rainboom, overdubbed with Guile's Theme from street-fighter.

I think that episode has enough physical cues that it'd work perfectly well even if you only follow one in three words, or something. Just a thought though. Of course, my standard answer is to start with episode 1 and damn any attempts to be smart about it, but that's just my obsession with chronological order.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Banned

Done. I suggest crying my name while releasing dogs, possibly in a war-like situation.

*smacks off Diego's glasses*

*replaces with shades*

Summon Monster IV

Spoiler
    Show

It is for me. I always find that if I don't right directly to computer, it never gets copied up. I've got monster entries for Dreemaenhyll that have sat in paper form for years. Now when we're away and I want to write anything, I ensure I pinch one of my parent's laptops so as not to waste the effort.

(Of course, most of my writing is either world-building or quest writing - and in both cases I like to have the net handy for research/reference.)

Paper is now only used for CAD design scribbles and notes and things; everything concrete I do now is digital.
    Exact opposite for us. The tactile feedback froma causally writing cements the information in my brain-meats. I keep "master copies" on computer, kinda, but they are soulless. If I need to use a character I will bring up the file, and hand-write the character sheet. Usually in several different colors of ink.

I'd be with all the way up to those the last two sentences, which I would substitute with "Discord is free to drop the malicious trickster act (which he toned down from his usual malveolence), while he regains his full strength, ready to make a new attempt to retake Equestria with his full power and not need to hold back this time."

Mostly because I don't see him as even remotely harmless or benign.
    Not benign. Selfish. All he wants is to get the godponies the **** off his case so he can play around. What better way than tricking some rube (that poor illusion/statue) into doing time for him while he retires to the galapagos? Like a mafia don.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Baller?
    Baller. Boss. Righteous. Prodigious. Sweet. Stellar. Mathematical. So awesome. Ace. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    (notes down for future reference)
    :3
    Come now, love. I've given out pretty much all of my personal info here in thread. You don't remember?

And I wouldn't mind some help brainstorming a new name at some point, though this isn't the thread for that.

...her hair looks like fluttershy.
    Is this secretly flutterdash?
    Wait what?

Awww man, yelling Commander (or Commodore) must be awesome. I want to.
    Another fun one to scream randomly is BLIZZARDBEARD. And CITIZEN SNIIIIIIPS.

An for some reason that reminds me. Bane sounds like Deckard Kane put on a mask and decided philosophy and arm-chair heroing was for chumps.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post

Nice. I've talked a coworker into looking it up.

Good enough for me, I guess I'll start writing. I agree that the neutral ground needs to be interesting. All I've got right now is an image of rocky canyons filled with heavy fog.
    I feel like the world should work differently than both earth and equestria. Maybe have it be somewhat psychoactive, like the Hedge in Changeling: the Lost.
    I like you. You know things.

I'm with Eakin. I suppose the best way to do it would be to have the pone and the hyoom both snatched by something else. To collect them? To play the deadliest game? To watch survivor in real time? To preserve their species while nuking their home worlds? (protip: avoid that last one)

GORRAMIT STOP PINCHING MY CAMPAIGN SETTING

this
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't get it.

hmmm. Sonic rainboom, followed by Sweet & Elite. Rarity as the antagonist, Rarity as the conflicted antihero, and then you can show either Dog and Pony Show to show Rarity as the Hero, or the Dering Do episode to give Rainbow Dash depth.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-08-19 at 06:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Spamalot in the Playground

Glasses look strangely alluring on Applejack:
    Spoiler
    Show

Is it like, the Ides of Mare-ch or something...?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to add "Being stabbed by a muffin" to my list of ways I want to go out from this mortal coil.

These are very cute. Especially the shiny knees for some reason.
    I dunno, but yeah the shiny knees work for that art style.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I don't know, maybe it's just that I've seen so many comics/fanfics like this one that the effect has worn off, but the comic failed to make me feel anything.
    I felt sad at first, but I think it dragged on a little at the scene with Luna. Could stand being less... wordy too. Let the images do the talking.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-08-19 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races