New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside IX

Lenai's Forest

"Okay. Well, thank you. Do you have a method for contacting me, or do you want to set an appointment?"

She hopes this won't come back to bite her in the rear... things may go horribly wrong very fast whenever a god is involved. She knows this from experience. Well... nothing ventured, nothing gained.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Northside Hospital]

Irena stops in the doorway as Nadia says her name and sigh deeply. "Can we at least listen to what the doctor have to say first before we make up our minds about this? She should know if you're in a risk or not."

[Exbourne Manor - Astrana]

"Good, now where is she staying at? I don't think I have been in her room before."

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lenai's Forest

"It would be best if whoever you chose just came here. I will know when they step within the forest, but I'm too busy to be leaving for any frivolous meetings. If they identify themselves as a friend of... what is your name again?" Lenai asks curiously, "Mine is Lenai, in exchange."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lenai's Forest

The quelan gives a little bow. "I am Viln Ehmin. When should I check back? A month? Two?"

5. - Top - End - #1325

Lenai's Forest

"At least a month, Viln Ehmin. If the Masks and Wolfy don't take all of my first batch, I will have some for you then. If not, the next will be a week after that, and so on. Staggering them by the week gives the honey time to restock, but will keep shipments regular." She does know her business. Dionysus would not suffer a daughter who didn't know every nuance of supplying alcohol.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lenai's Forest

"Ah, very smart. Until then, Lenai."

Unless stopped or discouraged, Viln will turn around and leave the forest by the most direct route. No point spending more time in here than necessary.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

[Northside Hospital]

Nadia nods. "Alright, we'll ask." At least she might be able to put Irena's mind at rest about that particular issue for the moment.

"Yeah, I know where her room is. She might be working now, though." Cynthia drags herself to the edge of the bed. "I can show you."

8. - Top - End - #1328

[Northside Hospital]

Irena get's back to the coach and sits down next to Nadia. She isn't sure what to tell her now however, she was upset wit her, but that was only since she cared. Why was she being so stupid all of sudden?

"Thanks for the help, hopefully she isn't too busy with her work." Astrana replies before getting up as well while following the demon.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

[Northside Hospital]

Presumably the two call the doctor back by whatever means they have to do so. I would assume stepping outside the room and just calling her.

Cynthia will first head to Eadilain's room, at least showing Astrana where it is. If she isn't there, the demon will continue to look around the rest of the manor, starting where she most often sees people cleaning.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's room

Eadelain is here, lying on her bed. She sits up when she sees Astrana.

"It's good to see you again, Astrana. It's felt like a long time."

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Troll in the Playground

Northside Hospital

Indeed. Dr Coral returns, her violet eyes flickering between the two women and picking up on the fact that they've been arguing.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #1332

Northside Hospital

"She wants to keep the baby." Irena states once Dr. Coral seems ready to be listening to them. "Isn't that a huge risk? The sickos who made her pregnant had done that to another woman with another ritual and that caused her to die and give birth to an abomination that easily could kill everyone inside this hospital."

Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's room

"Relax, you're all acting like I have been gone forever." Astrana says with a faint smile. "I'm more concerned about you. How are you doing Eadelain?"

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

[Northside Hospital]

Nadia gives Irena an exasperated look. "Yes, that's true, but like Irena said herself, it was a different ritual. We know it's different, and I'm pretty sure she never had access to a hospital and doctors either."

[Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's Room]

Cynthia plops herself down in the nearest open seat. Wonder how long she was up last night that she's so tired today.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's Room

"I can't sleep. I haven't slept at all since that time you tried to talk with it."

She doesn't look sleep-deprived... or tired at all.

"It's been very boring. Without sleep, every day seems to take a lot longer."

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Troll in the Playground

Northside Hospital

"Pregnancy is always a risk. Magically induced pregnancy more so. However, as Nadia says, we would do regular checkups to ensure health of mother and child. I'd want to start with weekly until I had a handle on how this pregnancy is progressing. As for whether the child itself is some sort of danger, we would arrange to have magical backup available during the delivery. The birth can be arranged to take place inside a binding circle, and we can have stasis spells prepared to use on the child if it shows any sign of being apocalyptic in any way. That would give us time to study it and find a way to cleanse it of magical corruption. That's only if it's a danger, of course."
    Dr Coral says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #1336

Northside Hospital

Irena listens carefully to Dr.Coral's explanation. So much work for a stupid baby? Well, at least it made her less worried about Nadia's health. "...okay then, but only if she takes regular check ups like you said." It seemed fairly sensible after all.

"I'm just not sure how too handle it once it have been born. It's some sort of god after all. I don't know what to do with that."

"Have they been trying to help you at all?" Astrana asks in a concerned voice. There were so many young little children to take care of around here... not that neither Cynthia nor Eadelain could really count as children. They just looked the part.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Not really, I've only told Cynthia. Others have seen me, of course, but I don't think any of them would think that I can't sleep. I don't seem to need sleep, either."

Eadelain needs to get used to asking more people for help, instead of just hoping that Astrana can help her.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Harnel manages to strike the Kami with his tail... which sends it-end-over-end through the air in an almost humorous fashion. While when it gets back to the ground it will go back to being infuriatingly fast for a moment it has a predictable trajectory... which might help Cessie and her net.
    Kami Hunting

Harnel will take the time it's spinning comically to turn back around and stabilize his footing. Though doesn't strike again immediately, rather concentrating on its speed and preparing to attack where he thinks it'll end up being. Watching for the right time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

"I don't think,"
    the Elf says slowly, "There are any maps. At least not any in detail. This place tends to drive mapmakers insane."
    "This is unfortunate. Is there any other helpful information you may be able to share?"

As the droid asks this question, it begins sending out a signal to connect to the internet. What better way to learn about a place than to access local descriptions?

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Aegidus Manor -> A Certain Bar

While Sasha reads, Zack heads for the servant's quarters with his bag and his case and slips out the back door. He has a way to go before he reaches the bar, but it's only mid-afternoon now, and he'll have the time to do his business there before finding a cheap motel.

-----

The book Sasha reads will only open to that page, but what is on it might stagger her. It is an utterly detailed account of a single night in Zack's life, dated ten years ago today.

The doctors say mild anemia is common in children from noble families, and continue to look after me. They don't see anything wrong with my pale skin, or all the times I fall and bruise, or the fainting. Father frowns and growls and tells me to do harder, and I want to tell him it's not my fault, but I know I can't.

I'm going for another tonight. Three more and mother can have her bath, she says, and then I can rest until she needs another. She's gotten good at putting her needles where the doctors put theirs, so she won't get caught.

There's a break in the narrative, some lines that are clearly not a part of this book, but it continues on afterwards.

She talked about the vampires again today.

That's the last of the entry, before a break that probably means he passed out in mid-thought.
    [Zack's Mindscape]

Sasha will try to turn the page, very much interested in this stuff.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-08-20 at 02:43 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

20. - Top - End - #1340

Zack's Mindscape

The book's pages are solidly stuck together, apart from the ones it is currently open to. Zack has a tight hold on his memories, and will only show her what he chooses to.

Meanwhile, he steps into the bar, steeling himself for what's ahead.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Border of North, West, and South

"I... might... know someone that would be interested in studying you. She might be able to help keep you in repair... she's a very good engineer."

The Nexusnet, as is well known, is a mixture of local Nexus sites with the ability to dip into other world's websites if you know what you're doing. Getting information from the Nexusnet might be interesting... especially if the robot is used to automatically connecting to an address and having the necessary information fed to it.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Northside Hospital

"Pregnancy is always a risk. Magically induced pregnancy more so. However, as Nadia says, we would do regular checkups to ensure health of mother and child. I'd want to start with weekly until I had a handle on how this pregnancy is progressing. As for whether the child itself is some sort of danger, we would arrange to have magical backup available during the delivery. The birth can be arranged to take place inside a binding circle, and we can have stasis spells prepared to use on the child if it shows any sign of being apocalyptic in any way. That would give us time to study it and find a way to cleanse it of magical corruption. That's only if it's a danger, of course."
    Dr Coral says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Northside Hospital

Irena listens carefully to Dr.Coral's explanation. So much work for a stupid baby? Well, at least it made her less worried about Nadia's health. "...okay then, but only if she takes regular check ups like you said." It seemed fairly sensible after all.

"I'm just not sure how too handle it once it have been born. It's some sort of god after all. I don't know what to do with that."
    [Northside Hospital]

"I'm fine with coming for checkups that often." Nadia says, relieved that Irena doesn't seem to be pushing for the abortion option anymore. "As for afterward, we could always set them up to be adopted." Not under any circumstance is she willing to hand the baby over to Niccaru or his goddess.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Troll in the Playground

Northside Hospital

"Do you have any other questions?" Dr Coral asks. If the answer is no, she'll prescribe pre-natal vitamins, make an appointment for a week from now, and send them on their way. If the answer is yes, then the scene will, of course, continue.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #1344

"You don't? That's odd, have you been trying to sleep at all since our meeting?" Astrana asks.

Kami Hunting

Cessie is focusing as well, the web getting increasingly smaller as it places itself in the way of the kami's trajectory path, waiting to close around it's prey. If it get's caught it will likely slow down the spirit long enough for Harnel to be able to attack it.

If the kami attempts to pull away though, it will notice there seems to be an invisible cord from the web leading the the sorceress.

[Northside Hospital]

Irena takes a moment to think, "Erm... nothing I can think of at the moment." She admits with a glance at Nadia in case she had any questions.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The first few days, I tried to sleep like normal. I couldn't. I've been trying occasionally since then, I was just trying to take a nap."

Kami Hunting

The Kami is caught in the web. It appears to be unable to escape, being fast but apparently not strong. It might be able to after a bit, but not before it is wide open to attack for a bit... and the web effect outlines it quite nicely, even if it's invisible when you look straight at it.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

[Northside Hospital]

"Yeah, just a few questions about pregnancy if you don't mind." Nadia says. Though the exact questions and answers can be handwaved while operating under the assumption that Dr Coral is as knowledgeable on the subject as someone in her profession should be.

Afterward, and after they've returned home, Nadia sits down on the couch heavily. She's not sure what to say, so she just stays silent for the moment. She looks down and places her hands over her stomach.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

Kami Hunting

"Mine is the drill that pierces the heavens!"
    Harnel draws his arm back.
    "HARNEL PUNNNNNNNCH!!!"
    Harnel shouts as he thrusts forward, claws first, moving just fast enough to create little swirling lines of air around his outstretched hand.

I'd shield if I were you Kami.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #1348

"Any side effects of your lack of sleep? Nausea, headaches, coordination problems?" The tiefling asks while fishing out a notebook from her shoulder bag with the help of her tail. Better start taking notes. "Do you even feel the need to sleep any more?"

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena goes to stand in front of the coach in an awkward manner, not sure wherever to sit down beside Nadia or sit down somewhere else. Once the lampade puts her hand on her stomach she makes a face though, soon enough her girlfriend would be one of those pregnant ladies she saw on TV. Craving disgusting food and having mood swings all the time.

She slumps down on the coach besides her and attempts to gently take her arms and put them away from her stomach. "Don't think about it too much, okay? It's just four months and then everything will be just like before. We'll find the baby some nice family that know how to take care of a god." Dio came to mind but she doubted Nadia would want to hand over the baby to him.

Kami Hunting

The dragon just attempts to keep the kami in place at the moment but can't help to stare at the half-dragon in surprise when he attacks the spirit in what she perceives as the most over-the-top manner possible.

Now I except the kami to fly away like Team Rocket in pokemon after their defeats.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-21 at 05:49 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Dwarf in the Playground

"No, there hasn't been any problems. I'm not tired; I just don't need to sleep." That rules out insomnia.

Kami Hunting

The Kami does not sail off into the distance with a slight ding, it's too busy disintegrating. This strike is enough to make it demanifest, weaken it immensely until it has enough time (and paranoid people) to build up strength. If Cessie uses some of her Kami hunting powers to keep it solid, it will more or less be at their mercy.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-08-21 at 08:01 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia looks up at Irena and gives her a weak smile. "Yeah, just four months." She can do this for that long, right? She's glad it isn't the full nine months at least. The lampades slips her arm around Irena and rests her head on her shoulder. "I'm sure someone would be happy to adopt them."