New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LII: 525.600 Ponies!

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    A few days ago, I made the -SHOCKING- realization that Derpy Whooves was, infact, created as a living breathing incarnation of Derp.

Soras, in response, posted a link containing a nauseatingly addicting little 8 second loop.

And some how the damn thing got -STUCK- in my head.

And he still won't acknowledge me about it!

ACKNOWLEDGE ME, DAMN IT!

Diego, that is very confusing... and possibly not safe for work.... or safe for sanity....
    The problem with that song is that I keep trying to sing it to "The ants go marching one by one"

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    The thing about colours is that they're about idealogy. In my view, you can be a necromancer without being a black-aligned person.
    (Although you require black mana to do it, so it's not amazingly likely.)

The means aren't so important as the end. You can be a nerd without being blue, for example. Being blue doesn't mean you care about knowledge, but that you care about it for its own sake, and not because of what it does. Likewise, if your solution to most problems is 'set it on fire' that could be black if it's the easiest solution for you, white if your problems are lawless and corrupt, green if you set fire to decaying and corrupting elements, or blue if your flames are set so you can examine the pattern of incineration.

The means determine what colour your magic is. The end determines what colour you are.
    In the linked Colour-Alignment homebrew thingy, that would be best modelled by secondary colours. Someone who uses necromancy purely as a tool in order to persue knowledge for it's own sake for example would be Blue/Black. Or so the theory goes.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    The problem with that song is that I keep trying to sing it to "The ants go marching one by one"
    That would make sense because that's what the tune is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    The means determine what colour your magic is. The end determines what colour you are.
    Still doesn't change my answer from blue > red >> white, or Wavelength from blue >> black.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Ouch. Sad to hear that.

Did you give up completely or just on using ponynames? I know this game can be pretty unforgiving. If you want I can link you to the LP that inspired me and gave me some very valuable starting advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You might want to start out on an easier difficulty. The game basically tells you nothing about what anything does, so unless you're looking up a guide or asking Strife Werziel here, there isn't really a good way to know what research to get or how to optimally spend your money. I'm not even certain that a second base was worthwhile yet, although I imagine later on the rate of UFO landings will be high enough that the second base was required.

Also, we both use multiple saves and reload combat a fair amount. The one I reported where my whole team got bombed, I actually loaded a pre-landing save, which meant the entire terror battlefield was different when I tried the second time.
    But I'm already on the lowest difficulty! It's mostly because I didn't know the interface all that well, I think. I haven't given up on the game, I'm actually enjoying it a lot. I just gave up on pony names, since they were all dying so quickly. Maybe once I get some decent armor I'll start with the names again.
    At any rate, I'm glad to be introduced to the game. It's weirdly satisfying to start figuring out some of the subtleties on my own.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    It's insidious is what it is. And -he- still won't acknowledge me!

At least I've finally managed to blow it out of my head....
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Still doesn't change my answer from blue > red >> white, or Wavelength from blue >> black.
    Well, yes, but the tune doesn't go FORWARD! It just keeps doing the first phrase over and over.

Herpy herpy derpy derp da do... da do... herpy herpy derpy derp da DO! DaDO! Herpy derpy da derp de derp, da herpy derpy da derp da derpity DO DO do do do....

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    In the linked Colour-Alignment homebrew thingy, that would be best modelled by secondary colours. Someone who uses necromancy purely as a tool in order to persue knowledge for it's own sake for example would be Blue/Black. Or so the theory goes.
    I'd put it the other way round myself, but that's just me xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, yes, but the tune doesn't go FORWARD! It just keeps doing the first phrase over and over.

Herpy herpy derpy derp da do... da do... herpy herpy derpy derp da DO! DaDO! Herpy derpy da derp de derp, da herpy derpy da derp da derpity DO DO do do do....

I'm going to need another hour, minimum...
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to need another hour, minimum...
    Here listen to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4TedkQP_hM

Then scream in anger when you realize it's so much worse to have stuck in your head.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Here listen to this

Then scream in anger when you realize it's so much worse to have stuck in your head.
    I would, but the very second I heard "shoo", my ears light up as if being burned by holy fire, and I had to turn off the computer to save my sanity.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Barbarian in the Playground

Here listen to this

Relevant:
    Spoiler
    Show

Is it wrong that I actually like the seapony song? and may or may not know the words to sing along?
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Relevant:
    Spoiler
    Show

Is it wrong that I actually like the seapony song? and may or may not know the words to sing along?
    I like it too actually. But it really does get stuck in your head easily.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Relevant:
    Spoiler
    Show

The first one didn't display....

http://twentypercentcooler.net/data/...1313055415.jpg

Is that it?

And people can like whatever music they want to. I'm sure some people like that. It just makes me feel like Satan's stabbing his burning pitchforks into my earholes. As lots of songs do. It's relatively hit and miss with me.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi all. This may be a downer post. Just in the blues. Got back from my annual physical and all is well. Well except my weight. I just feel so bloody low. I dunno I guess I can look on the bright side that I am healthy and have a lot of things going for me. Just so tired of being big. *sighs* Sorry for the rambling just needed to say it. Thanks
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

15. - Top - End - #615
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    Hi all. This may be a downer post. Just in the blues. Got back from my annual physical and all is well. Well except my weight. I just feel so bloody low. I dunno I guess I can look on the bright side that I am healthy and have a lot of things going for me. Just so tired of being big. *sighs* Sorry for the rambling just needed to say it. Thanks
    First of all, you're probably not nearly as bad as you think you are, especially given the health of the average person (assuming an american poster, which I'm more than willing to taste foot if I'm wrong).

And second of all, weight's the easiest thing you can change, at least to me. Genetics factor in, but your life style choices can make a difference. I personally started working out because as part of my desire to better my life, I wanted to fix my self image. I let myself get obese in middle school, and I never corrected the problem in highschool. I've droped 35 pounds since about July. And that's with snacking and playing games and such on the side.

Don't ever give up. If you truly dislike how you look, and you probably aren't even that bad, then try to commt to doing something about it. Even 30 minutes a day is enough of a start, right before or after bed.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Dwarf in the Playground

First of all, you're probably not nearly as bad as you think you are, especially given the health of the average person (assuming an american poster, which I'm more than willing to taste foot if I'm wrong).

And second of all, weight's the easiest thing you can change, at least to me. Genetics factor in, but your life style choices can make a difference. I personally started working out because as part of my desire to better my life, I wanted to fix my self image. I let myself get obese in middle school, and I never corrected the problem in highschool. I've droped 35 pounds since about July. And that's with snacking and playing games and such on the side.

Don't ever give up. If you truly dislike how you look, and you probably aren't even that bad, then try to commt to doing something about it. Even 30 minutes a day is enough of a start, right before or after bed.
    Ty. Just got down hard on myself. You are right. I got my health and I am thankful for that. Yeah I am American. Ty again
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

17. - Top - End - #617

I, too, question why you continue to make a point of not being a brony. To be completely honest, it doesn't matter. We'll accept you either way and anyone who makes fun of you for bronyhood probably needs to lighten up. (or is a good enough friend to give you a good ribbing every now and then)
    Yeah, let's try making most of the people around here lighten up, good luck trying that in a place full of REALLY stubborn people
    And a friend over here would not just joke about it cuz of joking, he would just break up and join the rest in mocking me if he knew that

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Brushie brushie increases attractiveness?
    See, I don't agree with that...
    ....Is it just me or it's brushing on the wrong side?
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-08-30 at 01:18 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #618
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    Ty. Just got down hard on myself. You are right. I got my health and I am thankful for that. Yeah I am American. Ty again
    Unless you're like Carol Yager, then you've got time, and you've got your health (as you yourself admited). Just work that body a bit and you'll be able to fix whatever you want to. Just put your mind to it.

Wow... advice sounds so much stronger when you realise you're actually actively practicing what you preach.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Yeah, let's try making most of the people around here lighten up, good luck trying that in a place full of REALLY stubborn people
    These guys jest a lot, and we can all get super serous, but they seem like pretty good.. well, ponyfolk, if I want to be respectful? I don't think there's realy an issue hanging out with them. That's probably why I still find my way back here.

And a friend over here would not just joke about it cuz of joking, he would just break up and join the rest in mocking me if he knew that
    I say you have 2 choices:

1) Stay in the closet about it and hide whatever you've got / do.
    1b) your choice to continue to hang out with others that appreciate and understand the same interest you seem to be struggling with.

Or 2) Don't give a **** about people who mock you. The world's full of creeps with the weirdest interests; you on the other hand happen to be a fan of a colorful kid's cartoon. Your opinion is the only one that matters, and people that are genuinly rude to you shouldn't matter to you at all.

.... when did I get so sagely?

... it's not just you.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-08-30 at 01:19 PM.

19. - Top - End - #619

These guys jest a lot, and we can all get super serous, but they seem like pretty good.. well, ponyfolk, if I want to be respectful? I don't think there's realy an issue hanging out with them. That's probably why I still find my way back
    I'm talking about around where I live, it's full of anti-bronyism... Well, they don't even know bronies exist, but if they did then this place would become troll land.

I say you have 2 choices:

1) Stay in the closet about it and hide whatever you've got / do.
    1b) your choice to continue to hang out with others that appreciate and understand the same interest you seem to be struggling with.

Or 2) Don't give a **** about people who mock you. The world's full of creeps with the weirdest interests; you on the other hand happen to be a fan of a colorful kid's cartoon. Your opinion is the only one that matters, and people that are genuinly rude to you shouldn't matter to you at all.
    Dude... I already said, like, everytime:

If a brony lived where I live.... 1st choice, immediately.

I don't like colorful kid things, in fact, I dislike them, and I said earlier the show wasn't my cup of tea cuz of that

Besides, in this case "people genuinely rude" are virtually EVERYONE that notices it, to the point where following "just ignore them" would mean that you would have to think you live in a desert or the south/north poles.
    Being openly a brony over here is a very, VERY bad idea.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-08-30 at 01:40 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #620
    Troll in the Playground

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence." ~Vince Lombardi

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

Even if it's an impossible goal, it's still one worth striving for. I'll let you make your own decisions, though, as you know your own situation better than I do.

You still haven't answered the question about why you remain adamantly not a brony here on the Playground, despite having a ponytar, spending almost all of your time in ponythread, dreaming about ponies, having a favorite pony, and so forth.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

21. - Top - End - #621
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm talking about around where I live, it's full of anti-bronyism... Well, they don't even know bronies exist, but if they did then this place would become troll land.
    By this place, are you refering to where you live, or this forum? Because this is a D&D birthed forum, so it technically already is troll land.

I see I missed a bit of the previous point, though I feel my opinion still holds up a bit: don't bother with the people in your life that won't try to understand you, and hang out with those that do. The web's a pretty dang big place.

If a brony lived where I live.... 1st choice, immediately.
    Actually, if you and only one other person that lived near you shared the same interests, I'd think you'd be wise to seek that person out to hang out.

I don't like colorful kid things, in fact, I dislike them, and I said earlier the show wasn't my cup of tea
    Right, right...
    If you don't mind me asking, what do your dreams look like?
    Are they all grity and brown, or as tough and explosiony as a Micheal Bay film?
    Is Dashy in black and white when you're with her?
    You don't have to answer, I just enjoy ****ing with people when I get the chance.

Besides, in this case "people genuinely rude" are virtually EVERYONE that notices it, to the point where following "just ignore them" would mean that you would have to think you live in a desert or the south/north poles.
    Now now, you wouldn't have to live that far distant from people. The guys that go to cons and such have to return home somewhere...

Seriously though, just don't advertise it then. You don't have to Crusade your favorite media to enjoy it. Don't need to look for trouble.

Being openly a brony over here is a very, VERY bad idea.
    I said that like everytime
    Then you could be a closet Brony then. Or just talk to the rest of these guys about it.

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence." ~Vince Lombardi

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

Even if it's an impossible goal, it's still one worth striving for. I'll let you make your own decisions, though, as you know your own situation better than I do.

You still haven't answered the question about why you remain adamantly not a brony here on the Playground, despite having a ponytar, spending almost all of your time in ponythread, dreaming about ponies, having a favorite pony, and so forth.
    This. All of this.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-08-30 at 01:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

Something interesting. A channel where a guy watched an episode after losing a bet, and ends up watching more episodes for popularity and growing interest. The conversion process is interesting.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Luka you would be surprised...

I live in Kentucky..right on the border of West Virginia
    Hatfield/McCoy territory

you can't find a more stereotypically "backwoods" "hick filled" "intolerant of girly boys" area

and i have never had any problems..and was shocked at how many showed for a MLP:FiM event at the local anime con last year
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

We're discussing Luka's status as a self-declared non-brony again, Huh? That time of the week already?

25. - Top - End - #625

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Luka you would be surprised...

I live in Kentucky..right on the border of West Virginia
    Hatfield/McCoy territory

you can't find a more stereotypically "backwoods" "hick filled" "intolerant of girly boys" area

and i have never had any problems..and was shocked at how many showed for a MLP:FiM event at the local anime con last year
    Well, over here that doesn't happen, remember doing something similar once to admiting liking something "childish"....Result wasn't good.

And I've already asked people around if they knew about MLP and if they knew that it had a fandom....You don't want to hear what they said they think about it.

besides there's no cons here, at least that I've heard of.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

We're discussing Luka's status as a self-declared non-brony again, Huh? That time of the week already?
    I think Luka brought up that he was doubting his own non-bronyhood though.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

27. - Top - End - #627
    Firbolg in the Playground

I know, right! I mean, just a few days ago we had a Roleplay intermission!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

28. - Top - End - #628
    Titan in the Playground

I think you're right!

29. - Top - End - #629

=S didn't notice the other ones

Yeah, I follow those analogies too (well, the last one a bit diferently), but main problem is that it's not shooting for the moon, it's trying to shoot at it from Jupiter with a pistol and going into interstellar void instead of hitting a star if you miss.

I said cuz I don't think I like it enough to be a fan, like, I have the avvy cuz I though it was cool like most avvies, spend it here cuz... I have no idea I just want to , but yet I dislike several things about it which are pretty much the main foundation of the whole show overall....
    ....Yet now I'm doubtful cuz of those 2 last things.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

UFO 29
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Celestia,

Today's mission was supposed to take place during the day. A UFO had been spotted and chased to South America where it landed. We were sent in but just before we arrived the UFO launched again and lead us a merry chase around South America before landing again, only a little ways north of it's first location. Only now it had wasted enough time that it we would be fighting at night.

This time we were fighting those levitating bipeds. Rainbow Dash calls them 'floaters' and somehow she's now in charge of the names. The floaters had split into two groups. One to defend their own UFO and another to try and flank us inside of a building. One opened fire from the second floor which you dropped with a single shot in reply. Nearly everypony returned fire into the first floor and we eventually dropped them, with you getting another kill.

Rainbow Dash led Shiny, Trixie, Octavia, and DJ PON3 in the assault on the UFO. A guard outside shot Octavia in the head. Luckily Rarity's armor held up, but she was critically wounded. She managed to stumble back to the ship but soon passed out. She's still unconscious now, but the doctors say she'll make a full recovery, eventually. They predict that she'll be out of the fighting for around thirty two days. DJ PON3 has visiting her every day so far.

The assualt didn't go that well after that either. Rainbow Dash took a shot to the back which she has described as no big deal, but right now she can't walk and has to fly everywhere. Despite her injury she managed to capture two of the aliens herself before retreating. Shiny and Trixie explored and finished off the remaining aliens before anypony else could reinforce them. The humans tell me they'll actually have to operate on Rainbow Dash to fix the damage and that she'll be out of the fighting for at least forty two days. Rainbow Dash says she's ready to go and that she didn't need to walk anyways. Just as long as she can fly. I think she's putting on a brave front for Fluttershy who hasn't left Rainbow Dash alone since we got back.

I hate to pull them apart but Fluttershy is going to have to take Rainbow Dash's place on the missions. Even with her help we are understrength since there is no way I'm letting any of the Cutie Mark Crusaders to come along.

Your Faithful Student,
    Twilight Sparkle

This mission had a couple of tense moments where I thought I was going to lose a pony for sure but they pulled through. I love medikits by the way. They are so useful and never seem to actually be used up.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-08-30 at 03:51 PM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show