New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Think it's a reference to more Dragonball stuff. Earings, fusing, enemy charging but allowing time for a discussion, etc.
    Oh its DBZ.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Oh its DBZ.
    I bet the joke is that they turn into Twilight Sparkle.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Oofa. I think I'm going to be rather sparse around these parts for the next month or so. It's getting to crunch time with our project, my eye strain is acting up again, and I just don't have the time/energy to keep up with ponythread right now.

So see ya'll in about a month or so! Don't nopony take my seat!
    Later Chuck! We'll build up the glamour for ya! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    A second group shot of the ponifed order is absolutely necessarily!

http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/G...ot-2-326751190
    =O you've charged color
    Preeeeetttyyyyy

Think it's a reference to more Dragonball stuff. Earings, fusing, enemy charging but allowing time for a discussion, etc.
    Yeah. Never really notice that last one, but you're right...

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    I bet the joke is that they turn into Twilight Sparkle.
    Oh, my friend. No.

The results are so much more.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, the dialogue is pretty much exactly the same with Goku and Vegeta. Of course, in their case, they end up separating for an unexplained reason.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Oh, my friend. No.

Spoiler
    Show

For the point being reference Luna and Celestia are able to do that already.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Of course, in their case, they end up separating for an unexplained reason.
    As is standard for DBZ plot points. >_>

DBZ + Pony images:
    Spoiler
    Show

Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

7. - Top - End - #427
    Firbolg in the Playground

Later Chuck! We'll build up the glamour for ya! ;D

=O you've charged color
    Preeeeetttyyyyy

Yeah. Never really notice that last one, but you're right...

Oh, my friend. No.

Spoiler
    Show

Did someone mention what would have been my childhood if I watched TV back then?

Spoiler
    Show

Holy screensaver, Dash!
    Spoiler
    Show

My screen hurts.
    Spoiler
    Show

Just so you know, Fluttershy is Best Saiyan.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

9. - Top - End - #429
    Banned

Yeah, the dialogue is pretty much exactly the same with Goku and Vegeta. Of course, in their case, they end up separating for an unexplained reason.
    No, it's explained. The digestion process involved breaking a thing down to its component pieces. The component pieces of Vegeto are Goku and Vegeta. They just didn't stick around long enough for the process to continue.

For the point being reference Luna and Celestia are able to do that already.
    Celestia ad Luna can already Derpy? Well, now we know how they beat discord.

"my chaos, my beautiful chaos! What have you done?!"
    "we just don't know what went wrong~!"

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

I had a thought:

The reason why the Everfree Forest was the home of the old palace is because Discord's magic has absolutely no effect in there. Thus it was where Luna and Celestia hid from Discord and brought saved ponies while they searched for the Elements of Harmony.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

=O you've charged color
    Preeeeetttyyyyy
    Yeah, my ponysona got a redesign.
    My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Celestia ad Luna can already Derpy? Well, now we know how they beat discord.
    Ssd3 and Ssd2 respectively. And nah Discord's eaten like eaten the rest of the cast by this point so is even crazier powered up. He got all the different features by absorbing the Supreme Kai-Ponies.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

So, the iPhone 5 has been announced and the reduced the weight from the iPhone 4's 140 grams to 112 grams.

You could say, it's literally

(•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

20% lighter.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

14. - Top - End - #434
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    So, the iPhone 5 has been announced and the reduced the weight from the iPhone 4's 140 grams to 112 grams.

(•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

20% lighter.
    The emoticon makes this.

Woo! iPhone 5! That means I'll finally be able to move up to the iPhone 4!

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

(•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

20% lighter.
    obligatory

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I had a thought:

The reason why the Everfree Forest was the home of the old palace is because Discord's magic has absolutely no effect in there. Thus it was where Luna and Celestia hid from Discord and brought saved ponies while they searched for the Elements of Harmony.
    you wouldnt be the first to think that.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-09-12 at 04:10 PM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

20% lighter.
    Did you hold onto that from when I posted it or look it up for the occasion?

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    you wouldnt be the first to think that.
    It would be interesting if Discord's power is linked to the fact that the majority of the pony world requires active manipulation by sentient beings in order to run properly. It makes me think of some kind of worldsoul or similar abstract energy concept, with Discord being something like an extremely large and powerful parasite.

Did you hold onto that from when I posted it or look it up for the occasion?
    I googled "sunglasses emoticon" because I didn't want to take the time to look yours up. It's the first or second result.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

It would be interesting if Discord's power is linked to the fact that the majority of the pony world requires active manipulation by sentient beings in order to run properly. It makes me think of some kind of worldsoul or similar abstract energy concept, with Discord being something like an extremely large and powerful parasite.
    an interesting reversal would be that tia and luna have bound the spirit of the world to protect their subjects from the violent natural forces, with discord being what's left unbound.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I googled "sunglasses emoticon" because I didn't want to take the time to look yours up. It's the first or second result.
    Whew was worried for a second there.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I don't usually ask for a second review, but the concerns I got seemed to suggest the chapter wasn't entirely good as it was. So I've done my best to maybe fix things, and did some more editing than I usually do (though not a complete rewrite). I'd would love to hear if it's helped before I publish it.

II.4 - Dire Fates (updated draft)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know the war thing might still feel like it comes out of nowhere a bit, but I hope maybe I've softened it slightly. There's not much more I can do and I think I'm fairly happy with it myself, but I'd like to hear if it's helped for others as well.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Spamalot in the Playground

My kingdom for a kingdom:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    My kingdom for a kingdom:
    Spoiler
    Show
    hnng
    *glomps chrysy*

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Alright, I don't usually ask for a second review, but the concerns I got seemed to suggest the chapter wasn't entirely good as it was. So I've done my best to maybe fix things, and did some more editing than I usually do (though not a complete rewrite). I'd would love to hear if it's helped before I publish it.

II.4 - Dire Fates (updated draft)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know the war thing might still feel like it comes out of nowhere a bit, but I hope maybe I've softened it slightly. There's not much more I can do and I think I'm fairly happy with it myself, but I'd like to hear if it's helped for others as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the surface things are calm, but much is about to be set in motion and once it is it may not be possible to turn back,
    this might be a run-on sentence.

And It just might save your life too, and that of your friends.
    don't start sentence with "and"

Can't you speak plainly? I hate riddles.”
    like the idea, i just think the wording is a bit off for RD

The revelation left her bewildered and horrified as her mind tried to back away from the vision in front of her.
    it's a small thing, but I've always been a strong advocate of "show, don't tell"

An absolutely brilliant mind too(period) and She always had grand plans and hopes for her country, but she was also very … very unbending and prideful.”

but it looked gray and depressiveing now

“Rarity and Fluttershy found her like that earlier. It was a terrible shock for them both(period) I believe Fluttershy took it very poorly(comma) she has been ill since. They and Spike are now going to be smuggled out of the city through the secret caves and passages below the castle along with spike (or something).”
    preference mostly, i don't think there was anything technically wrong with how it is

“How is it you can help me? Who are you that you know all this stuff?”
    again not how i expect RD to talk
    "how can you help? how do you know all this stuff, anyway?"maybe?
    she of all the mane 6 talks the most like a modern human being

you wield the Elements, and they are bound to you.
    she only wields one. it's not terribly significant, but the language would clean up a lot if you wrote this bit with that in mind. "i cant touch you or the other elements" sort of thing

also liking eden better even if she is captain exposition
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-09-12 at 07:18 PM.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, making sure I have the idea of this image right:

Spoiler
    Show

Dash is covering her face because she's sick of the kid idolizing her. I guess. Maybe she doesn't want her friends seeing her with the kid. But Fluttershy? Is it supposed to be some meta-meta joke where Fluttershy is appalled that human Scootaloo is eating chicken? Considering: A. Fluttershy wouldn't normally be part of that joke as ponies, and B. they're human, so that idea doesn't really matter anyway. Maybe I'm just reading too much in to it.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show

Dash is covering her face because she's sick of the kid idolizing her. I guess. Maybe she doesn't want her friends seeing her with the kid. But Fluttershy? Is it supposed to be some meta-meta joke where Fluttershy is appalled that human Scootaloo is eating chicken? Considering: A. Fluttershy wouldn't normally be part of that joke as ponies, and B. they're human, so that idea doesn't really matter anyway. Maybe I'm just reading too much in to it.
    It's because Scootaloo is committing cannibalism, duh. Fluttershy is the sort to be horrified by that, while Rainbow Dash just doesn't want to get involved.

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

"Fried chicken is murder."
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Honestly, I will simply say that Fluttershy's face crosses from sad into amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Fast food restaurants in the US now have to put the nutrition information on the containers. Fluttershy is horrified by the cholesterol

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Beautiful Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the surface things are calm, but much is about to be set in motion and once it is it may not be possible to turn back,
    this might be a run-on sentence.

And It just might save your life too, and that of your friends.
    don't start sentence with "and"

Can't you speak plainly? I hate riddles.”
    like the idea, i just think the wording is a bit off for RD

The revelation left her bewildered and horrified as her mind tried to back away from the vision in front of her.
    it's a small thing, but I've always been a strong advocate of "show, don't tell"

An absolutely brilliant mind too(period) and She always had grand plans and hopes for her country, but she was also very … very unbending and prideful.”

but it looked gray and depressiveing now

“Rarity and Fluttershy found her like that earlier. It was a terrible shock for them both(period) I believe Fluttershy took it very poorly(comma) she has been ill since. They and Spike are now going to be smuggled out of the city through the secret caves and passages below the castle along with spike (or something).”
    preference mostly, i don't think there was anything technically wrong with how it is

“How is it you can help me? Who are you that you know all this stuff?”
    again not how i expect RD to talk
    "how can you help? how do you know all this stuff, anyway?"maybe?
    she of all the mane 6 talks the most like a modern human being

you wield the Elements, and they are bound to you.
    she only wields one. it's not terribly significant, but the language would clean up a lot if you wrote this bit with that in mind. "i cant touch you or the other elements" sort of thing

also liking eden better even if she is captain exposition
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for looking at it (again)

Good to hear you like her better. Some exposition is inevitable and unavoidable, I feel, but I do try to make it interesting exposition.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Beautiful Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something about her proportions feels very off. Well drawn, but not really my taste.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Something about her proportions feels very off. Well drawn, but not really my taste.
    i think the torso is too short for everything else.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever: