New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP 26: No Time For Snappy Titles

Do you have all the necessary equipment or are people expected to bring their own?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

I'm probably fine, since you can do a lot of stuff with very little. More stuff is helpful though.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Do you have all the necessary equipment or are people expected to bring their own?
    I'm bringing my own equipment even if she has her own. That way I can play with her equipment, and she can play with mine.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

*Hugs everybody*

Well, I can't really keep up with the thread any longer, and some things are making me uncomfortable recently (Things I highly doubt have any chance of changing), so I think I'm just going to withdraw from the thread and see you guys in other threads around Giantitp.

I might come back once or twice to give an update on how something like coming out is going, but otherwise, I won't be posting or reading this thread any longer.

Hope you guys all get the happiness you deserve.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP 26: No Time For Snappy Titles

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    May your relationship be blessed, my childe.
    Does that mean I can build a church of the Lixie Lorn too? The temple is getting lonely. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    *Hugs everybody*

Well, I can't really keep up with the thread any longer, and some things are making me uncomfortable recently (Things I highly doubt have any chance of changing), so I think I'm just going to withdraw from the thread and see you guys in other threads around Giantitp.

I might come back once or twice to give an update on how something like coming out is going, but otherwise, I won't be posting or reading this thread any longer.

*Hugs*

Very sorry that you feel uncomfortable, especially if we triggered something without paying attention. I hope things look much brighter elsewhere and that you have plenty more great things to look forward to.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Troll in the Playground

Anyone else want an appointment?
    (feels very silly)
    Depends, do you bless people on the proverbial 'hunt'?

Edit: oh and hugs for Mystic Muse, that's tough. I haven't got any chocolate on hands, but I hope a hug will do the trick...
    Last edited by Socratov; 2012-09-13 at 01:35 PM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Rant on bi-invisibility
    Spoiler
    Show

So, apparently I really weird people out when I talk about my past relationships. I got to chatting with a work friend about my girlfriend, and I dropped a comparison to my ex-boyfriend in and he did a complete double take. And this sort of thing has relatively frequently happened, as when I asked out a friend and he had a couple minutes of mental clicking when I sympathized on the difficulty of asking out women a couple weeks later. It seems like a lot of people tend to go "yeah, I kind of knew bi people existed, but I didn't think they were REAL..."

And my parents don't really seem to get it either, though they remain awesome supportive people. Then again, I'm not sure I get it with my "pendulum swings" and difficulty interacting with other people in a sexual way, so I can't really fault them.
    Grr. A lot of people seem happier with the idea of someone "switching" than with them being bi. Like "Oh, he used to be gay for a while but now he's married to a woman." or "Are you going back to being a lesbian now that you've broken up with [man]?"

*Hugs everybody*

It makes me sad when people leave. You're not obliged to keep up with everything everyone says (lord knows I've been skimming a lot this past while due to lack of headspace and time) so I hope you come visit! And remember if someone's talking about something that makes you uncomfortable, you can ask that that conversation be put in spoilers. But if you're leaving, best of luck!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

8. - Top - End - #998
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    Grr. A lot of people seem happier with the idea of someone "switching" than with them being bi. Like "Oh, he used to be gay for a while but now he's married to a woman." or "Are you going back to being a lesbian now that you've broken up with [man]?"
    It makes it more confusing when the first lesbian one meets (self-identified) switches to guys and then claims she isn't bi. In retrospect, I think she's probably identified as pan and just didn't explain it well at the time.
    Anyway, it's mostly non-heterosexual-invisibility in general. It's slightly awkward for me when guys start talking about girls and I'm just sitting there like, uhm, yeah, great, boobs? And I don't really know what to say. But yes, I think bisexuality is probably the most misunderstood.

It makes me sad when people leave. You're not obliged to keep up with everything everyone says (lord knows I've been skimming a lot this past while due to lack of headspace and time) so I hope you come visit! And remember if someone's talking about something that makes you uncomfortable, you can ask that that conversation be put in spoilers. But if you're leaving, best of luck!
    I wasn't sure what to say about it so I'll pretend KenderWizard is me again because she said good things. So I'll just second this.
    Jude P.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Does that mean I can build a church of the Lixie Lorn too? The temple is getting lonely. ^_^:
    Go for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Depends, do you bless people on the proverbial 'hunt'?
    That depends if it means what I think it means.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Troll in the Playground

Go for it?

That depends if it means what I think it means.
    WEll, I'm currently building a plan to win the heart of a girl I fancy. Needless to say Wile E. Coyote would have been proud of me. Now all that's left is impressing Vetinary

(The plan is thus: invite her to come sailing with me and then cooking a fantastic meal with a nice glass of wine)
    Last edited by Socratov; 2012-09-13 at 02:25 PM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    WEll, I'm currently building a plan to win the heart of a girl I fancy. Needless to say Wile E. Coyote would have been proud of me. Now all that's left is impressing Vetinary

(The plan is thus: invite her to come sailing with me and then cooking a fantastic meal with a nice glass of wine)
    That's what I thought.
    Yes, although attempts to ask for Divine Advice will get replies of a heavenly, lyrical voice shrugging and saying 'Man, hell if I know. Tell me if you work it out.'

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Troll in the Playground

That's what I thought.
    Yes, although attempts to ask for Divine Advice will get replies of a heavenly, lyrical voice shrugging and saying 'Man, hell if I know. Tell me if you work it out.'
    Hahahaahahahaahahahah....

You'll probably know because I'll be doing a loud and uncontrollable victorydance (And I may happily announce loving a plan coming together either here or in the relationship thread, probably both )
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

*Hugs everybody*

It's not us, is it? Because we can change. It's change you can believe in.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    It makes it more confusing when the first lesbian one meets (self-identified) switches to guys and then claims she isn't bi. In retrospect, I think she's probably identified as pan and just didn't explain it well at the time.
    I was friends with one woman who identified as a lesbian despite maintaining a relationship with a man and sleeping only with men because there were no bisexuals or lesbians for even casual sex. In a college town noted for its disproportionately large LGBT population.

Then I met another woman who also identified solely as a lesbian despite being sexually attracted to men and romantically attracted to them as well because she wanted to send a message of unavailability to men despite her sexual history and sexual preferences being things that were, quite regrettably, no longer private.

What I'm saying is that there's some possibility that, no, she was not just bad at talking and was actually pan, whatever that actually really means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Possibly the pages upon pages of incest talk and arguing about semantics (a GitPG staple) followed by pages of flirting with each other. It can rather overwhelm the thread and seem like a bit of an exclusive conversation.
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground

*Hugs everybody*

Our little corner of the Netscape is darkened from your leaving.

... Though if you do lurk in a dark corner of the thread somewhere, let us know so we can send hugs over.

That's what I thought.

Really! We can!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
    Possibly the pages upon pages of incest talk and arguing about semantics (a GitPG staple) followed by pages of flirting with each other. It can rather overwhelm the thread and seem like a bit of an exclusive conversation.
    Dangit, I knew we were heading for a bad place again. I just didn't know it was going to push some folks out of here...

But in all honesty, Muse. We here in my place wish the best for you, and hope that nothing but good fortune shines upon you.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyway, it's mostly non-heterosexual-invisibility in general. It's slightly awkward for me when guys start talking about girls and I'm just sitting there like, uhm, yeah, great, boobs? And I don't really know what to say. But yes, I think bisexuality is probably the most misunderstood.
    Yeah, the whole LGBT+ spectrum has a corresponding spectrum of weird invisibility problems. I think gay men are the most visible and then different people end up having different shades of invisibility. Bisexuals get denial, asexuals get something more like incredulity, and, say, genderqueer people get ignorance.

I wasn't sure what to say about it so I'll pretend KenderWizard is me again because she said good things. So I'll just second this.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

18. - Top - End - #1008

NecromancerGuy

Honestly, I always thought it was a bit odd until I decided the only explanation was that it was deliberately done to shut down the conversation when it got into semantics.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1009

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I was friends with one woman who identified as a lesbian despite maintaining a relationship with a man and sleeping only with men because there were no bisexuals or lesbians for even casual sex. In a college town noted for its disproportionately large LGBT population.

Then I met another woman who also identified solely as a lesbian despite being sexually attracted to men and romantically attracted to them as well because she wanted to send a message of unavailability to men despite her sexual history and sexual preferences being things that were, quite regrettably, no longer private.

What I'm saying is that there's some possibility that, no, she was not just bad at talking and was actually pan, whatever that actually really means.
    Well, she was dating a girl the entire first eight months or so I knew her. I say "she was probably pan" because that's the closest to what I remember her describing later when I asked why she was dating a guy if she were a self-identified lesbian. I think at the time she had a history of about 50/50 girls/guys, which just confused me more when she said she wasn't bi.

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    Yeah, the whole LGBT+ spectrum has a corresponding spectrum of weird invisibility problems. I think gay men are the most visible and then different people end up having different shades of invisibility. Bisexuals get denial, asexuals get something more like incredulity, and, say, genderqueer people get ignorance.

Could have to do with the colour schemes too. Rainbows are flashy and flamboyant. Nobody will notice black and grey when there are rainbows flying around.
    Jude P.

20. - Top - End - #1010

NecromancerGuy

Could have to do with the colour schemes too. Rainbows are flashy and flamboyant. Nobody will notice black and grey when there are rainbows flying around.
    Unless they're very conspicuous in a world of ubiquitous rainbows.

Like being the one lost, very confused businessman who gets off of his cellphone after having wandered into a pride parade's hedonism section.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

No Surprise for Bisexual Men - Report Indicates They Exist

What is surprising, though, is that that's not from The Onion.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

22. - Top - End - #1012

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    No Surprise for Bisexual Men - Report Indicates They Exist

What is surprising, though, is that that's not from The Onion.
    With a title like that I expected The Onion. NY Times? Really?
    Next thing you know they'll be telling us the sky is blue.
    Jude P.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

Next thing you know they'll be telling us the sky is blue.
    "The ancient Greeks classified colours by whether they were light or dark, rather than by their hue. The Greek word for dark blue, kyaneos, could also mean dark green, violet, black or brown. The ancient Greek word for a light blue, glaukos, also could mean light green, grey, or yellow."
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

The first I didn't mind too much. It's the second part, and especially the third that's my problem.

I also simply feel I have nothing to contribute any longer.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-09-13 at 05:51 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

I think I'm going to agree with Mystic Muse here. A little flirting can be fun, especially when it's as witty as, say, Kneenibble tends towards. The level that's been happening over the past few pages is excessive, though, and she's not the only one that would prefer it be toned down a bit.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

26. - Top - End - #1016

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    I think I'm going to agree with Mystic Muse here. A little flirting can be fun, especially when it's as witty as, say, Kneenibble tends towards. The level that's been happening over the past few pages is excessive, though, and she's not the only one that would prefer it be toned down a bit.
    I would tend to agree, but I'm fine ignoring it and just reading the posts that interest me.
    Jude P.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Bugbear in the Playground

My parents are out right now, and my grandparents are visiting. I was helping myself to a heaping serving of mac n' cheese, and my grandma said,"You're a growing boy."

My response? "Not really anymore."

I feel clever!

EDIT: Oh, Mystic Muse! I'll miss you! I'm sorry you have to go, but if you have to, I hope everything goes well for you!

I'm sorry if I had anything to do with it...
    Last edited by Absol197; 2012-09-13 at 07:21 PM.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

28. - Top - End - #1018

NecromancerGuy

So, um... not to be a downer, but has anyone here heard about Kyra Kruz?

From what I've read of it, despite the tragedy of what happened, there's a silver lining of them actually treating it seriously. That, and it came to my attention through a source I would not have expected.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-09-13 at 07:27 PM.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sorry it bugged people, but frankly, no-one else was talking, and it made me feel wanted after a distinctly *@#! week.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    My parents are out right now, and my grandparents are visiting. I was helping myself to a heaping serving of mac n' cheese, and my grandma said,"You're a growing boy."

My response? "Not really anymore."

I feel clever!
    Yay for technically true lies. These are my favorite kind of lies, and one of the reasons I love playing Lawful Evil villains
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718