New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLVI: A Tark of the Klones, Electric Boogalo

So umm.. Is this all still an aftermath of Manta-mage using Rillians powers? Like this is in no way controlled by Rillian?

Because zombies raising from recently killed bodies I can see. Zombies that are "works of art" are a bit tougher to justify, but okay. But zombies that are works of art that upon disintegration turn into a giant dust/blight golem....ya not buying that as the aftermath of anything.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLVI: A Tark of the Klones, Electric Boogalo

Yea, this battle feels really unnecessary. The zombie infestation is supposed to be a side effect of a fricken giant castle floating above Capitol City. Why on earth are we focusing on them when again there's a giant fricken castle that we can watch the characters "deal" with.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    Yea, this battle feels really unnecessary. The zombie infestation is supposed to be a side effect of a fricken giant castle floating above Capitol City. Why on earth are we focusing on them when again there's a giant fricken castle that we can watch the characters "deal" with.
    This is the final arc and we're going for an "everyone has something to contribute" ending.
    Expect to see almost every character appear somewhere and defeat some artificial tension before Dominic fights the boss.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, all Mookinserts and their friends must assemble and form the Resistance.

Terrible prediction time: We haven't seen the conclusion to Hansi's and Kiya's story, and Hansi is somehow bound to Orc Baba Yaga's magical mountain, so maybe we'll see those guys again, assuming the Orcs are ever told about this whole thing with the Heart of Magic and the plan to feed them to a garbage monster.
    Of course, Orcs being proactive and solving their problems would be unprecedented in the history of this comic, and there are perfectly fine Callanian protagonists available to carry that burden for them, so maybe not.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2012-09-12 at 12:58 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Intelligent zombies that reform into a swarm of blight and stabby painful death.

Right.

Zombies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    We haven't seen the conclusion to Hansi's and Kiya's story,
    Wait, who? Yes, I know who they are, but do you honestly think Mookie still remembers?
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Intelligent zombies that reform into a swarm of blight and stabby painful death.

Right.

Zombies.
    Gotta say, at least it's something other than beamspam.

Sneaky
    Future

Overwhelming necromancy... check.
    Just need Jacob to Sue his way through it and we can get to the ending the plot stuff and Rillian doing some really lame version of torch passing to prove me right.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2012-09-13 at 12:37 AM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Jayden's tiny sparkles do nothing!

No tension at all because:
    • One of Jacob's four Pokemon moves is Dig
    • Random Deeganites know Teleport
    • Mookie can and does throw in some nonsense special power in on random characters at will
    • It's not Friday so this can't be a proper cliffhanger
    • (The big one:) No one cares if these idiots get eaten by zombies

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Bugbear in the Playground

It looks like the zombies are going for Jayden's boobs in panel 7. Oh Mookie.

10. - Top - End - #1030

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie
    It makes that final swarm, as we're seeing happen to Jayden and Jacob today, that much more terrifying because it's a slow build-up as opposed to a quick startle.
    Oh. So we should be terrified? Ummm... ok.. also good thing to that he informs us that he made a slow build-up. Really...
    Last edited by Cen; 2012-09-13 at 06:37 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    One of the characters is a Deegan.

All that really needs to be said! ;)
    Credits to Nathan for my avatar!

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Eh, of the deegans, Jacob is the most likely to be killed off. I'm not holding my breath, mind you.

13. - Top - End - #1033

It makes that final swarm, as we're seeing happen to Jayden and Jacob today, that much more terrifying because it's a slow build-up as opposed to a quick startle.
    Congratulations, Mookie, for figuring out that your "monster out of nowhere" drive-by tension never works. The problem is that this tension still feels contrived, because it's merely a nonsensical side-effect of the villain's actions. How about tension logically derived from the villain's actual goals?

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So this one brings us scared/horrified zombie, angry zombie, and slightly put out because he got one lump of sugar instead of two in his tea zombie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Troll in the Playground

That newspost is wonderful.

"This is how you feel about about my comic, because I, an experienced professional writer, know what I'm doing. Here, I have created a feeling of slowly approaching inevitable doom by clever use of slowly shambling zombies in an open field and also MAGIC SPIKES AND GIANT MONSTER OUT OF NOWHERE. I am very clever."

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    Wait, who? Yes, I know who they are, but do you honestly think Mookie still remembers?
    I was totally going to look for links to the end of the Orc arc because I only barely remember them myself, so thanks for that white text.

But, yeah, I kind of think Mookie will bring pretty much everyone out for this last hurrah.
    Like, even if we'd see a completely inconsequential fight scene (spanning a whole month) between Dirk the Mighty and a miniature Beast, I wouldn't be surprised.

Also, this scene right here would be a very appropriate time - appropriate for this comic, that is - for the Shintula to randomly appear and save the day.

16. - Top - End - #1036

"Man, all these sprinter zoombies are so cheap, y'know? It's like they totally forgot what makes zombies scary and just added some silly powers to make them look cooler! When I write a webcomic, I'm going to stick with the classic slow zombies... with white magic and spikes and they turn into a blight golem METAAAAAAALLLL!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Congratulations, Mookie, for figuring out that your "monster out of nowhere" drive-by tension never works. The problem is that this tension still feels contrived, because it's merely a nonsensical side-effect of the villain's actions. How about tension logically derived from the villain's actual goals?
    Did I miss anything?
    All we've seen so far is *POOF* zombies, *POOF* mega zombies, *POOF* dust golem zombie (?) and then *POOF* black spikes from ground because of zombies (?!?)

There was no buildup at all, so what slow buildup is he talking about?

18. - Top - End - #1038

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    There was no buildup at all, so what slow buildup is he talking about?
    4 last panels of todays strip I suppose.

19. - Top - End - #1039

Man, what is the Playground going to do when this comic finally ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Jayden's tiny sparkles do nothing!

• One of Jacob's four Pokemon moves is Dig
    • Random Deeganites know Teleport
    • Mookie can and does throw in some nonsense special power in on random characters at will
    • It's not Friday so this can't be a proper cliffhanger
    • (The big one:) No one cares if these idiots get eaten by zombies
    But wouldn't it be good if Jacob used dig? It's an established skill which had been introduced quite ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Better not think of it. But we have high hopes in the next comic.
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Succomb to total pony domination?

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Better not think of it. But we have high hopes in the next comic.
    Low hopes, don't you mean?

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Zombie Werewolves. Calling it now.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by suzaliscious View Post
    Zombie Werewolves. Calling it now.
    We've already had werewolf pirates. And wizards.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    Low hopes, don't you mean?
    Up is down. War is peace. Good is bad. Right is wrong. High is low.
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Up is down. War is peace. Good is bad. Right is wrong. High is low.
    Death is not zombies.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    Death is not zombies.
    Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

28. - Top - End - #1048

I'll keep drinking, don't you worry.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

29. - Top - End - #1049

PirateCaptain

Sneaky.

Is Dom turning into his mother in panel 8? Crazy eyes. Wackier than usual hair. And something Horrible has happened to Luna's chest! Any higher and they'll be growing out of her collar bone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Ninjadeadbeard just ninja'd my post. How apt.
    Ninjadeadbeard's Extended Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

gods above….the amount of snark concentrated at this one point….if it suddenly lacks focus…..

then who knows what kind of snark-horrors could be unleashed upon the rest of the Playground when this comic ends?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".