New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 1

Slaver Train

Elestre whipped his short, chopped-up mane in frustration, his horn glowing brightly in the darkness. Using his illusions magic, he covered the train car in an illusion that showed the slaves regaining their bearings and all of the ponies in the car, except for Elestre, clustering in the center. The gaunt young pony raced at the door and battered at it with his front hooves, both in the real world and the illusion. His horn, straining now, picked up a bomb collar and broken feather and held them close to him. He didn't care what he had to do, he'd get everypony but himself out of there if he could.

The Radroach is Dead! Huzzah!

Sparky gulped, then quickly laughed, his inner virtue blossoming within him. He swam back through the tunnel, thrashing with his sword as he went. If he met the radroach, he'd probably chop into it before it got him. As he came back out in the chamber with the grate, he smiled as he saw it was dead.

"Steel Creel, you okay?"
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Dwarf in the Playground

[So I Called Up The Captives]

Bright Eyes waved at the others, then glanced upward. "All right, time's just pressing down on us." How she could tell with the sun hidden under a thick layer of clouds would remain a mystery. "I might as well go get your stuff back, folks." With that, she went to find the storage building, baton at the ready.

[Elsewhere]

Well, I'm not getting anywhere just by lying here.

Night Jewel stirred and began to assess her situation. So I'm all alone, quite possibly banished from a town again, the Underground's attack plan will have to be abandoned, and those monsters are probably getting downright paranoid. Obviously, I've got to find a new route...

Then she got an idea. This may well get me some trustworthy allies, or at least fix something really bad about the wastelands. First, I'll need a strong pegasus who I can also trust to be stealthy, an exceptionally skilled craftspony, or enough fairy dust to levitate me for a day on end. Then I'll need to find some way to stall up to several dozen heavily armed warriors long enough to make them listen to me. I'll have to practice bone-manipulation first...

After some more thought, she began trudging for Hoofington slowly but surely, suspecting that she could find at least some of the things she'd need there.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

3. - Top - End - #903

[Train to Fillydelphia]

WHAMCRUNCH!

That last hit does it.

The train hasn't even come to a full stop yet and the door goes flying off its track and skids across the desolate scrublands. The ponies could jump to (relative) safty. And in fact many of the prisoners are already bailing out, hitting the ground and rolling awkwardly.

It'll hurt, sure. But they favor that over being taken to Red Eye's radiation mines.

Nearly two dozen ponies are about to be scattering in every direction. Rounding up all of them will be nearly impossible.

To east is the rugged, broken terrain of the Shatteredhoof Ridge. Somewhere in that labyrinth of stone is the Shatteredhoof Correctional Facility which serves as a neutral ground between the various Eyries of the Talons. To the west is Clovenhoof Mountain and the twisted, gnarled remains of the Wild Rabbit Woods.

Either would be an easy place to lose pursuers in.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #904

[Slaver Train - and they got Med-x!]

Luka just lets out kind of a big smile after the door went down
    "Quick! all of you! it's your chance! GO!!"

Then he turns to Finder and Elestre
    "Alright, we could try to get the equipment back or escape, I think the former's better, but let's go-...What the...?"
    Just as he was going for the door he could maaaaybe see Swift, if the ninja is even letting himself be seen.

[Tag: Elestre, MCerberus, Benson]
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #905
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    The Radroach is Dead! Huzzah!

Sparky gulped, then quickly laughed, his inner virtue blossoming within him. He swam back through the tunnel, thrashing with his sword as he went. If he met the radroach, he'd probably chop into it before it got him. As he came back out in the chamber with the grate, he smiled as he saw it was dead.

"Steel Creel, you okay?"
    Steel Creel was standing there with large wide watery eyes. "No.....sniffle....Vera IV.....she's dead..." he sat on his haunches and snuggled the two pieces that were Vera IV the hunting rifle. The flash light off to the side on the floor providing some illumination of this silly sight.
    ================================================== ========

Slaver Cart-Off the Rails, in a manner of speaking

Underneath his mask Swift Star grimaced as he braced himself. He wondered who's smart idea it was for such flimsy doors that some weakened ponies could bust through. He wondered who's smart idea was not to keep securely strap prisoners, secured to the carts. Poor planning, that's what this was.

The moment the door slid open, he would swoop in and solidly buck the first pony to appear and send them towards the opposite wall. In reality, the buck was held back a considerable amount since slaves as far as he knew, were not good dead. So no killing blows here.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Firbolg in the Playground

Slaver Train

Being knocked out of concentration while breathing in a decent amount of smoke, followed by putting everything he had into a a telekinetic blast, seems to have taken. He moves forward a little more slowly than would be recommended. "Just... run..."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #907

Slaver Train

"Yes! We got th-"

Suddenly, Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot! The colt is bucked solidly in his already-broken ribs, sending the battered pony crashing into the wall. Too shocked and in pain to think, the pony wobbled to his hooves and tried to clear his head. Flaming hammers beat his abdomen, and his broken leg screeched in protest. His wounds were ripped open and bleeding from the exertion of trying to buck down a door and getting bucked across a room.

And he got up.

"Wh-what... Finder, Luka, all of you, g-go! I'll try to hold this thing back. Don't worry about me. Your lives are valuable. Mine isn't."

He limped quickly back into position at the door, staring at the thing that had bucked him. "Please, just kill me. Don't pay attention to them, or I will have to defend them from you."

Was that... his virtue speaking? Could this pony be noble?

Radroach Room

The pegasus blinked, then tried to think of something to say. He awkwardly stammered:

"I could try to get somepony to fix her, if you want."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Troll in the Playground

Radroach Room

The pegasus blinked, then tried to think of something to say. He awkwardly stammered:

"I could try to get somepony to fix her, if you want."
    {I'll attend to the slaver train stuff after the others have posted, including Rebonack}

"No...its...fine.....I'll just...get a new old one....like always....me and Vera IV, we had our memories together, me and that old girl."
    He nuzzled the two halves again.

9. - Top - End - #909

[Slaver Train]

The Slaves escaped!
    *you´ve gained karma!*

Then there's a ninja right on front.... Bucking his buddy into a wall!
    He rushes to help him
    "Elestre! you're oka- oh not again...."
    He notices the other colt's wounds just hurt again

Then he's offering himself.... Again?!
    "What do you mean "your life's not valuable?! of course it is! just like everypony's! Not leaving you here like that!"
    Then he steped up in front of him, facing the ghoul, steping slowly, yet not really flinching
    "Hey! you think you can go around picking others as slaves, getting their stuff away, hitting my friends and get away with it?"
    The ninja could notice the colt also's got a pipbuck.

[Tag: MCerberus, Drowlord, Benson, Rebonack]
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-25 at 08:26 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #910

[Train Going Nowhere]

Hear that sound?

That's the sound of the train nearing a complete stop.

Despite the ninja's bucking of one slave everypony else is getting the tartaurus out of there. Simply isn't enough ninja to stop ALL of them. Hey guys? Just an idea? RUN instead of chatting!

Bucha silly fillies!

The train will have slowed down enough soon that the slavers will feel comfortable jumping out. The longer our heroes derp around the less likely it is that they'll be able to escape.

11. - Top - End - #911

Slaver Train

Elestre hobbled away as quickly as three legs could take him, his brain still seething in fiery pain. He started heading for Clovenhoof Mountain, hoping his knowledge of geography would help him here.

"Come on, guys! We have to..."

What's the use? I can't even save myself, much less anypony else. I'm a miserable, self-absorbed failure with a death wish.

"...keep going! This way!"

Radroach Room

Sparky quickly looked farther into the grate, seeing if there was anything past where the giant radroach had been.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

12. - Top - End - #912

Slaver Train

Finder also stumbles his way off the train. He would have simply spilled out of the car when it was moving and rolled down a trench or something. Maybe a few seconds of regular walking can get his head back in the game. More than anything, he's going as fast as he currently can.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #913

[Slaver train]

The colt notices Elestre trying to go out.... He's way too wounded for that.

He rushes out and loads him on his back while running, he would just try to run the way Elestre pointed out.

[Tag: MCerberus, Drowlord, Rebonack, Benson]
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #914
    Troll in the Playground

[Slaver Train]

Wow.....making several moves in row as if though Swift Star wasn't there at all........;=-/

Swift Star cocked a brow at the audacity before him. An attempt at negotiations only to botch it, that's what he observed. They really did seem to trust him to much to just start walking right past him. It took him only seconds to catch up and send unpleasant swift precise hits at the pressure points of the little unarmored ponies. They'd be moving extra slow. He glanced at other escaping ponies. They would not be hard to track down as his pipbuck marked its EFS with many green ticks.

One thing he did think dumb, was stopping a whole train. Its the like slavers were asking for something to go wrong, but he could not really care what happened to them, they were red. There was a moment where his thoughts formed the idea that idiocy should not go rewarded.

Hmmmm.....

=================================================

Radroach Room

Sparky quickly looked farther into the grate, seeing if there was anything past where the giant radroach had been.

There were some more eggs in there and it was filled with debris and the remains of one or two mole rats.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-27 at 01:15 AM.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ettin in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- Facility Room 3:32 PM

Maul sits there, horrified by the recording. Turning his head he looks back at what was once a holding pen for a unicorn and shivers. He picks up the recording, putting it away for safe keeping, and proceeds to push the door open to see where it leads.

[TAG Benson]
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2012-10-26 at 10:35 AM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

16. - Top - End - #916

Slaver Train

His head starting to clear, Finder should do the logical thing and get the hay out of there. Unfortunately, like he noted earlier, the scavver is getting soft or something. He digs deep into what little energy he recovered in the past few moments... and charges at the ninja in an attempt to buck him off the colts.

Even for his life along in the past years, it's starting to dawn on him that the world can't get on without irrationally helping each other.
    [Harmonic alignment - Magic increased]... Which is a great upside to the likely ninja beatdown to come.

Slaver Train
    (here there be retcons)

Finder... well he's a stiff breeze from falling over at this point. He'd normally at least attempt to fight back at the crazy ninja, but it'll be lucky if the stallion is able to escape the train. "Just... ignore him. GO!"

After attempting to convince the colts to do the same, the stallion bravely runs away. He'd be easy to stop for, oh, say the before-mentioned ninja though.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-10-27 at 01:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #917
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Ponyville

Lamianos looks through the binoculars to see if there's any chance that he might be able to look at the libraries inside "Next step is that we follow Razoreye in and meet him after he checks out the library." Lamia says as he shoots off a bullet from his minigun, detonating the landmine with dead eye accuracy.

Well, didn't expect a chemmed up looney to be so accurate now did'yah?

[TAG Chaotic, Obliviom]
    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Ponyville

The buzzing... it can't quite be placed. Could they be taking cover from something coming out of the nearby forest? Power generator? Only way to find out is to see. The griffin ends up looking through a window near a balcony... seems to be the shattered remains of a telescope out there... as well as the faint indention of a pegasus landing face-first on the wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Ponyville

The landmine explodes with surprising force! This one just had some kick to it, I guess. Probably hoofmade, since that blast was quite a bit bigger than the bog-standard versions you would usually find in weapon stashes.

Meanwhile, Pineapple just stares, slightly slack-jawed. A minigun is not exactly designed for pinpoint accuracy, after all, and just bullseyeing a relatively small target from medium range with a highly inaccurate weapon on the first attempt is very, very impressive.

"...Nice shot."

Presumably, the two walk into town through the opened gate. Assuming it's actually open and not made of alicorn shields or something.

And with the sounds of explosive force and rending mental, the mine tears a nasty rend into the (largely scrap metal) gate into Ponyville's square.
    That might have been overkill, with the present lack of guards, but no matter!

No one outside to complain, right?

The town's almost eerie, without its insane occupants everywhere to give context to its ruin and defilement. Simply destruction and waste spread about without reason.

This area used to contain several pleasant storefronts and businesses, back in its hayday, and still does, technically. More of the buildings in this area seem to be intact than elsewhere in the store, even if only because the raiders seem to have applied garbage and junk in the forms of walls in many spots.

Even utterly insane, they recognize the value of home security.

The library seems to be in fairly good shape, as long as you ignore the more groteseque "decorations" that have been generously applied along its exterior, many of which are dripping enough to be a biohazard, and the fact that one entire side of it seems to have been scorched black and died.
    The other side seems fine though, even with one or two leaves still stubbornly clinging to their branches.

Glancing through any of the lower-story windows will reveal the raiders (all of them) seem to be...just standing around inside? Most of them are staring off to one side somewhere, although a couple have their eyes closed and heads bowed.

Further investigation of the balcony will reveal that it seems to be a completely unguarded entrance into the library. There are no raiders on the second floor at all. Just what looks like a ruined living space, littered with destroyed books, unnameable fluids, and a series of empty cages along one wall.
    There's even a staircase right over there, leading downstairs!

This seems terrible convenient. And loud.
    Near the library, the buzzing seems to almost visibly shake the air in its pervasiveness. Whatever is causing it, seems to be originating here.

Meanwhile, the pony on the hill quietly waits for his binoculars to be returned.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Some Miles North of New Appleloosa

Gwendolyn, did not appear and pop up, Flam wasn't that lucky.

"Where was your village?"
    Gwendolyn asked as she finished up with the little colt, poor thing really needed to eat and drink right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Business Dealings

Lucky shakes head at Flim and Flam. "Heh, yeah. She does seem like an overprotective mother or something sometimes," he smiles. A thought forms in the back of his mind. Did Gwendolyn have kids? She'd never really mentioned them as far as he could recall, one way or another. He thinks of the little bottle cap necklace she wears. The one she treats so reverently, as if-

Lucky's stomach twists.

He resolves to never ask Gwendolyn about the necklace. Ever. The same goes for children.

The pegasus averts his gaze for a moment, before looking back over to Flim and Flam and giving a small shrug. "Anyhoo..." The pegasus takes off his hat, and holds it out to Flim and Flam, showing them the gemstones tucked inside it. "Bright Eyes is paying you back, to make up for that fiasco a few minutes ago. And she'll be taking care of the prisoners. Gwendolyn should be back in a minute, once she finishes playing medic for the hurt ones. Which... leaves just one last bit of business...

"What's that?" Flim and Flam both ask in unison.

Lucky turns to look over his shoulder. He studies the unconscious bandit laying sprawled in the dirt, bound and gagged. The one who'd shot him, who'd used the colt as an equine shield, who's murdered the mare, who'd caused untold suffering through-out his life. He then turns and looks around at their surroundings. His eyes fall upon the scorched trunk of an old, petrified tree standing nearby. There are also some old telephone poles leaning idly nearby.

Either one would do just fine.

The corners of Lucky's mouth tug into a small smirk. "You boys got any nails?" he asks offhandedly.

"Nails?" the both ask in confusion. "Um, yeah, we have some nails. Hammers too, plus screwdrivers, screws, bolts, few other tools and junk. But, uh, what do you need nails for?"

The pegasus' smirk deepens. "Just curious. I learned a neat trick back at my last job. Might come in useful in a bit..."
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [So I Called Up The Captives]

Bright Eyes waved at the others, then glanced upward. "All right, time's just pressing down on us." How she could tell with the sun hidden under a thick layer of clouds would remain a mystery. "I might as well go get your stuff back, folks." With that, she went to find the storage building, baton at the ready.

[New Prisoners and Old Prisoners]

Oh dear, something horrible is being planned for Pale Blue?
    Shame he's not awake enough to protest!
    Oh well.

And then Gwen was left alone with the old prisoners, as Bright Eyes trotted off to go play the part of a reverse repo-pony.

A moment of silence greets her question, neither the mare nor the stallion seeming particularly inclined to elaborate immediately.
    When they do answer, it's with a tone of clear reluctance.
    "Further down the road..."
    "There's an exit leading back around west. Strawberry Fields is...was there.
    I, um, wouldn't recommend going there. What's left isn't a very pretty sight."

The mare rubs her hooves together, a slightly anxious action. She would more prefer to give a more urgent warning, evidently, but does not feel it's her place to say such things to a rescuer.

The colt, sadly, is not going to be doing much eating or drinking while asleep.
    He seems to have been fed a bit regardless, so it shouldn't be as pressing a concern here.
    In theory.

[The Quest for the Stolen Stuff]

Money! Clothes! One or two ratty dolls!
    The possibilities for what Bright Eyes seeks to salvage really aren't too many.

The shack she's looking for really isn't that far away, perhaps just a twenty, thirty minute's walk in the direction indicated.
    In that regard, it seems the bandits were trying to stay somewhat near their loot-stash, without completely giving away its location with their camp.

Upon cresting one final little hill on a likely uneventful stroll, the destination is revealed.

Sitting rather innocently in the middle of a large, dead garden, lies the shack. Judging by the cracked and peeling paint, it was once a gentle green, although now it is mostly an ugly gray color, bleached and worn out by time.

Its few windows have long since been broken and boarded up, and the solitary door into the small structure seems like it has been on the wrong side of quite a bit of gunfire.

There is also a bonfire off to one side, a lone pony sitting on a barrel staring into the flame and clutching a shotgun to his chest.
    Numerous canisters litter the ground behind him.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

18. - Top - End - #918
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    The shack she's looking for really isn't that far away, perhaps just a twenty, thirty minute's walk in the direction indicated.
    In that regard, it seems the bandits were trying to stay somewhat near their loot-stash, without completely giving away its location with their camp.

Upon cresting one final little hill on a likely uneventful stroll, the destination is revealed.

Sitting rather innocently in the middle of a large, dead garden, lies the shack. Judging by the cracked and peeling paint, it was once a gentle green, although now it is mostly an ugly gray color, bleached and worn out by time.

Its few windows have long since been broken and boarded up, and the solitary door into the small structure seems like it has been on the wrong side of quite a bit of gunfire.

There is also a bonfire off to one side, a lone pony sitting on a barrel staring into the flame and clutching a shotgun to his chest.
    Numerous canisters litter the ground behind him.
    Bright Eyes surveyed the place, and silently wished she had some nice paints.

All right, this could be a bit tricky. If I don't use stealth, I've got one shot with the advantage of surprise before it becomes a full-on engagement. Still, what with the way he's holding that gun, it's going to be hard to shoot it without killing him... Oh well.

She looked for anywhere she could take cover, and would creep to it if possible. Whatever the case, once she was done, she fired a single shot from her baton aimed for the stallion's shotgun.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Dealing with various prisoners, former and current

Lucky looks back and forth between Flim-Flam and the tied up bandit. "I'm gonna go check on Miss Gwendolyn, see if she needs any help. In the meantime, watch the prisoner. If he wakes up, scream. Or beat him to death with your magic. Or both. Anyhoo, be back shortly."

And with that, the pegasus hops up and flies back up the hill. He touches down next to Gwendolyn, and looks around at the prisoners and distinct lack of Bright Eyes. "Huh. Guess she ran off to go scope out the hideout. Hmmph. I was hopin' to get a move on once we're done with our... ahem... last remaining bit of business." He looks over at the shotgun, pistols, food, medicine, and other supplies they gave the prisoners. "Eh, they'll be fine 'til she gets back. Heck, they might even be better off without her," he whispers with a wry smirk. "Anyway, I don't think there's any harm in us headin' on out. Right folks?" he asks, raising an eyebrow to the prisoners.

He then turns to Miss Gwendolyn, and deadpans: "By the way, what did you do to Flim and Flam? They seemed almost traumatized when I went back down there..."

[Tag: Bob & Benson]
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

20. - Top - End - #920

Slaver Train

Elestre finally snaps. "ENOUGH!"

He rolls sideways off of Luka, using a short, sharp effort with two hooves to force his bomb collar onto the ninja's neck. Whether he succeeded or not, he telekinetically jammed the broken feather in the locking mechanism and twisted, hard. He then shouts:

"Run!"

He does so.

Radroach Room

Sparky smashed the eggs in the grate, then turns to Steel Creel. "I'll pay for her. Best model they have on the market, you got."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

21. - Top - End - #921

[Slaver Train]

Luka's just surprised when Elestre rolls from him, but tries to assist by tackling the ninja diagonally, in case he steps aside to evade

Then after he's done with the collar-thing (whether he achieves it or not) he just picks the younger colt up and tries to hover off the boxcar and rush towards

[Perception] In his way out, he could have noticed that the ninja had a pipbuck, and possibly E.F.S too

"try to lay low" he suggest to Elestre, as to produce a [Sneak] effect.

[Tag: Drowlord, MCerberus, Benson, Rebonack]
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #922

[Train Going Nowhere]

Movement has stopped.

Slavers are jumping out, yelling. Hollering. They seem really really mad. Which is understandable. There comes a call to blow one of the collars to put the fear of Luna in them!

And so a collar sitting on the floor in the stock car blows up harmlessly.

Welp.

Now they know their prisoners have no collars on. That's pretty terrible.

"Stop THEM! Don't let them escape!"

23. - Top - End - #923
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Bandit Supply Shack]

Bright observes and advances!

There's not much in the way of cover, beyond bits of broken garden-fence and shrubbery. Which, while serviceable, probably won't protect much in a fire-fight.

But!
    That doesn't seem to matter, as the pony is now holding a shotgun-shaped piece of junk.
    The look on his face isn't one of surprise or fear, however, but annoyed resignation.

"Figures."
    The pony then runs off towards the back of the shed!

Meanwhile, the bonfire cracks and pops away, completely unconcerned about the woes of bandits and adventurers.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

24. - Top - End - #924

Ponyville

Well then, some kind of cult? Prayer? Summoning magic? Razoreye isn't really versed on that, but he hopes it isn't some circle to summon a rabid swarm of ancient devouring insects. Regardless, the balcony is going to be an easy way in. The griffin returns to his comrades.

"They're all... in some sort of trance. There's an unguarded balcony that we can enter the building from at once."

Slaver Train
    (here there be retcons)

Finder... well he's a stiff breeze from falling over at this point. He'd normally at least attempt to fight back at the crazy ninja, but it'll be lucky if the stallion is able to escape the train. "Just... ignore him. GO!"

After attempting to convince the colts to do the same, the stallion bravely runs away. He'd be easy to stop for, oh, say the before-mentioned ninja though.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-10-27 at 01:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #925
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Southwestern Equestria- Facility Room 3:32 PM

Maul sits there, horrified by the recording. Turning his head he looks back at what was once a holding pen for a unicorn and shivers. He picks up the recording, putting it away for safe keeping, and proceeds to push the door open to see where it leads.

[TAG Benson]
    Southwestern Equestria- Weird Facility 3:33 PM
    Spoiler
    Show

Mister Maul Steel would find himself in a short hallway, but he had company. There on the floor were the skeletal remains of some earth pony all crumpled up with a fine layer of decay embedded into the stone-brick floor underneath it Next to it was an old 10 mm pistol with no bullets. Up ahead was another door.
    ===================-----============----=============------------======

Spoiler
    Show
    Slaver Train

"Yes! We got th-"

Suddenly, Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot! The colt is bucked solidly in his already-broken ribs, sending the battered pony crashing into the wall. Too shocked and in pain to think, the pony wobbled to his hooves and tried to clear his head. Flaming hammers beat his abdomen, and his broken leg screeched in protest. His wounds were ripped open and bleeding from the exertion of trying to buck down a door and getting bucked across a room.

And he got up.

"Wh-what... Finder, Luka, all of you, g-go! I'll try to hold this thing back. Don't worry about me. Your lives are valuable. Mine isn't."

He limped quickly back into position at the door, staring at the thing that had bucked him. "Please, just kill me. Don't pay attention to them, or I will have to defend them from you."

Was that... his virtue speaking? Could this pony be noble?

Slaver Train- An Alternative Reality

Behind the tinted goggles on the ninja ghoul, a pair of old brown eyes stared at the slave in front of him. It was amusing, these words of defending these other two slaves. He had not seen this noble behavior in a long time. And then there was that weakened pony who tried to run away. Swift Star with but a glance at his pipbuck, telekinetically grabbed Finder, along with Luka. They'd likely be wiggling.

He stared at Elestre where underneath his cloth mask, his mouth moved a little. He wondered if the little, weary and weatherbeatened pony would live up to his word and defend his companions from him.

There was a flash of his horn. Any real slaver who passed by the open cart on their way to collect the other escaped slaves, would just see the image of Swift Star apparently binding these three up.

"defENd theM, boY..."
    A hoarse uneven voice sounded from underneath the mask. And this is why he doesn't normally talk. His font is funky. Anyway, he really hoped that pony would defend them. Cough hint cough on where this is going.
    ================================================== ==

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord
    Spoiler
    Show
    Radroach Room
    Radroach Room

Sparky smashed the eggs in the grate, then turns to Steel Creel. "I'll pay for her. Best model they have on the market, you got."

Radroach Sewers Baby! Where all the Radical Folk Go

"Really? You'd do that?"
    Steel Creel threw his fore legs over Stormy Skies and happily wept, dropping the pieces of Vera IV on the ground.

"Cool."
    He said wiping his one eye. "Thanks again for helping....I don't know if I would have survived if I came down here by myself."
    =================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dealing with various prisoners, former and current

And with that, the pegasus hops up and flies back up the hill. He touches down next to Gwendolyn, and looks around at the prisoners and distinct lack of Bright Eyes. "Huh. Guess she ran off to go scope out the hideout. Hmmph. I was hopin' to get a move on once we're done with our... ahem... last remaining bit of business." He looks over at the shotgun, pistols, food, medicine, and other supplies they gave the prisoners. "Eh, they'll be fine 'til she gets back. Heck, they might even be better off without her," he whispers with a wry smirk. "Anyway, I don't think there's any harm in us headin' on out. Right folks?" he asks, raising an eyebrow to the prisoners.

He then turns to Miss Gwendolyn, and deadpans: "By the way, what did you do to Flim and Flam? They seemed almost traumatized when I went back down there..."

[Tag: Bob & Benson]

Miles North of New Appleloosa

"I worry about the boy here, from the looks of it, that mare was probably family, maybe his....mother,"
    Gwendolyn's beak kept a grim tight line as for a moment she seemed to be staring. It was then Lucky made mention of those silly twin stallions.

"They were discliplined for childish quarreling."
    She stated.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-27 at 04:45 AM.

26. - Top - End - #926

Alternate Universe Slaver Train

Elestre looked steadily at the ghoul. "To start, I don't want to hurt you if I don't have to. You don't seem like a monster to me. I only fight monsters."

His horn glowed grey and Swift's tinted goggles swiftly darkened until they were black. Illusionary blackness welled into the ghoul's eyes so that he could not see.

"But I make exceptions for those that hurt my friends. So, should I fight you as you are blind and make you lose, or will you give my friends back? More so, could you show me that one pony in this wasteland can not fight for once, and try to make things better? I wish you could, but I don't know if you can."

He telekinetically lifted his splint, ready to fight the blinded ninja, as well as taking several absolutely silent steps to the right, while creating illusionary sounds that were like sand-hoofsteps in the area to his left.

Radroach Room

Stormy Skies grinned. "You were great too. If it hadn't been for your flashlight, we wouldn't have gotten in here. Speaking of which, we should get out of here. Day's getting late."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alternate Universe Slaver Train

Elestre looked steadily at the ghoul. "To start, I don't want to hurt you if I don't have to. You don't seem like a monster to me. I only fight monsters."

His horn glowed grey and Swift's tinted goggles swiftly darkened until they were black. Illusionary blackness welled into the ghoul's eyes so that he could not see.

"But I make exceptions for those that hurt my friends. So, should I fight you as you are blind and make you lose, or will you give my friends back? More so, could you show me that one pony in this wasteland can not fight for once, and try to make things better? I wish you could, but I don't know if you can."

He telekinetically lifted his splint, ready to fight the blinded ninja, as well as taking several absolutely silent steps to the right, while creating illusionary sounds that were like sand-hoofsteps in the area to his left.

Slaver Train Alternative

<Considering Finder and Luka are in helpless mode, temporarily floating there and all as spectators, I am taking the opportunity to seize a second set post out of turn for a cinematic style sort of blah. If this is not desired by any party, I will strike out my post and it never happened.>

Swift Star laughed to himself, in his head. Calculations formed in his head pushing the imaginary laughter to the side. In the meanwhile, while Elestre was getting all speechy and monologue-y, as he got to around "more so, could you show-" He casually flicked him in the head using his mind's eye on where he saw Elestre and the calculated the sound of the voice. It was with the same force as an annoying big brother would do to their younger bratty brother.

And then Elestre attempted to fight him, blinded and went about with his false noises and what not. Swift Star casually lifted up his magically compromised goggles, showing his raw, radiation baked skin and brown eyes. He looked at Elestre with a tilt of his head. Eyes emoting amusement. He then dropped Finder and Luka from their telekinetic suspension, dismissing his magic on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord
    Spoiler
    Show
    Radroach Room

Stormy Skies grinned. "You were great too. If it hadn't been for your flashlight, we wouldn't have gotten in here. Speaking of which, we should get out of here. Day's getting late."
    Radroach Sewer

"Yea.....Mags is probably worried here and aww shucks about the flashlight thing...it weren't nothing,"
    He bashfully replied towards the end part.

<You can have Sparky reply and then cut to them at the entrance outside of the busted sewer drain (with mirelurk carcass) if you want, to speed things up>

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

Miles North of New Appleloosa

"I worry about the boy here, from the looks of it, that mare was probably family, maybe his....mother,"
    Gwendolyn's beak kept a grim tight line as for a moment she seemed to be staring. It was then Lucky made mention of those silly twin stallions.

"They were discliplined for childish quarreling."
    She stated.
    "Or his sister," Lucky frowns. "Not sure which one would be worse..."

He sighs, and looks up at the cloud blanket above them. "Well... Not much we can really do for him now. He'll get the care and whatnot that he needs once he gets to New Appleloosa. There's a few nice mares in the town - maybe one of 'em will adopt him?"

He looks over at the body of the mare, then back down the hill. "It's a shame to leave her body just laying out here. She needs a proper grave..." he mutters quietly, so that only Gwendolyn care hear. "That bandit won't be out cold forever, though. Should I go grab a shovel from the boys, or should we deal with the prisoner first? Or you think we should just leave the shovel for Bright Eyes or one of them to use, so the cold colt can have time to say goodbye to her?"
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

29. - Top - End - #929

[Slaver Train]
    (Retcon)

"Elestre! C'mon you gotta-Aheugh!"
    *THUD* goes the colt after tripping, he tries to stand up, but is then lifted from the ground.

"Agh! Elestre, just run away! I could hold him back and let you two escape. J-Just fight me instead!" He was pretty much just not giving up even though he's helpless up there, but maybe Swift could find it kind of similar to Elestre; but still, he had a pipbuck, so he could be from a stable and not really know enough of the Wasteland for being as valuable as Elestre's.

Then when he's dropped he tries flapping his wings to land safely, but he ends up sliding a bit. He tries to regain balance.

[Tag: MCerberus, Drowlord, Benson]
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #930

Slaver Train Alternate

As the ghoul flicked him lightly in the head, Elestre was very confused for a few seconds. Then his mind whirred. He turned to Luka.

"I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually want to hurt us that badly. In fact... It might be better if we just flat-out apologized to him."

He then turned to the ghoul, bowing slightly. He had an embarrassed look on his scarred face.

"Sorry for that. I've just had a lot of bad experiences in my life, and I tend to assume the worst of ponies."

Radroach Room

"Yeah. Let's get the mirelurk and get back outta here."

Later, at the Sewer Grate

Sparky smiled brightly. "Good to be out here again."

He took off slightly into the air, looping around once and then settling back to the ground. "Woohoo! Anyway, town seems to be that way, let's get going before some kind of beast gets us."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.