New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread LV:55 Ponythread learns Agility!

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Manly Tears:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poor Applejack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wonder if the fate of Applejack's parents will be explored in Season 3.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

2. - Top - End - #932
    Bugbear in the Playground

Manly Tears:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm a self-confessed terrible person, but the transition from happy to sad in that comic is so abrupt and dramatic that it reads as funny to me rather than sad. If the last panel weren't lit so differently and was just AJ with her eyes closed and a few hints of tears it would be heartbreaking, but what's presented is too over the top for me to take seriously.

I doubt we'll ever get references to AJ's parents in the show itself since, ya know, 8 year old target audience.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

3. - Top - End - #933

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Poor Applejack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I second this.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I doubt we'll ever get references to AJ's parents in the show itself since, ya know, 8 year old target audience.
    Kid's shows can deal with death, specially those of the educational sort. Its just rare. See: Farewell, Mr. Hooper
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

5. - Top - End - #935
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Decided that I couldn't really be bothered making Aang in Avatar State, so I'm just doing him normally, with an air symbol cutie mark and just as a pegasus. I'll get around to doing Alicorn (Avatar State) Aang another day, but I need'a finish him normally first.

EDIT: Aaaaand finished!

Spoiler
    Show

How'd I go?
    He looks good; the only critique that I'd make is that the legs in front need to go in front of the body shape.

Poor Applejack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope they do cover that. Fact is, I'd be happy to have an Applejack episode at all; however, with a thirteen-episode series, my hopes aren't high.

I'm not entirely sure what my canon is on Applejack's parents. I don't want them to be dead, but have difficulty finding any other explanation. It doesn't seem like a farmer and his wife to just up and leave, leaving their children with their mother.

Maybe they're out, looking for more different kinds of apples?
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post

Nightmare Moon was also a rebel trying to overthrow the system. Why would she follow the established system when she's trying to overthrow it?
    She was trying to take over the system not overthrow it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Just finished save-scumming my way through a Classic difficulty game using the Mane6 as my squad. Four of whom were psychic including: Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie.

Spoild' for spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately I discovered that the hardest part of the game would be choosing which of my much beloved squadmembers would have to undertake the great sacrifice at the end. I loved them all, they were all colonels, had accuracy of at least 90 (except pinkie, she was more a quantity over quality heavy), had personally seen off at least forty aliens a piece.

How could I pick one to send to their certain deaths?

But a decision had to be made, the fate of the world depended on it.

So I chose, it was hard, it tore me up, but I made my decision ...

The Earth salutes Lt. Blueblood, may his noble sacrifice be long remembered.

(It added an extra few months to my game, but it was worth it in the end. Rarity took the day off for a hooficure.)
    Not going to lie this made me laugh. Hard.

Why does no one give credit to Applejack having episodes? They refuse to acknowledge her episodes for some reason so why do they think they would acknowledge any new Applejack episodes?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #937

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope they do cover that. Fact is, I'd be happy to have an Applejack episode at all; however, with a thirteen-episode series, my hopes aren't high.
    No.

THEY WILL ALL BE APPLEJACK EPISODES. IT'LL BE NOTHING BUT APPLEJACK FOR 13 EPISODES!

8. - Top - End - #938

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    No.

THEY WILL ALL BE APPLEJACK EPISODES. IT'LL BE NOTHING BUT APPLEJACK FOR 13 EPISODES!
    The thirteen episodes are to form a mini-series:

My Little Applejack: Apples Are Awsome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

9. - Top - End - #939

No.

Sadness!

Not about Applejack; of course not. But if it's all AJ all the time, they're going to have a really hard time explaining anything about the family or background of any pegasus, which they essentially haven't done ever at all. (The Thunderlane-Rumble brotherhood and the Cakes, both combined, almost count as a small hint. Almost.)

Though... if they introduce an Apple pegasus, I won't gripe about pegasus family stuff for... probably like a month. Here, elsewhere, or even to myself.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

Just finished save-scumming my way through a Classic difficulty game using the Mane6 as my squad. Four of whom were psychic including: Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie.

Spoild' for spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately I discovered that the hardest part of the game would be choosing which of my much beloved squadmembers would have to undertake the great sacrifice at the end. I loved them all, they were all colonels, had accuracy of at least 90 (except pinkie, she was more a quantity over quality heavy), had personally seen off at least forty aliens a piece.

How could I pick one to send to their certain deaths?

But a decision had to be made, the fate of the world depended on it.

So I chose, it was hard, it tore me up, but I made my decision ...

The Earth salutes Lt. Blueblood, may his noble sacrifice be long remembered.

(It added an extra few months to my game, but it was worth it in the end. Rarity took the day off for a hooficure.)
    Ha! Brilliant.

I had Blueblood in my X-COM game as well. (The original, I can't play the new one.) He was actually pretty awesome, was one of my 3 primary psionic ponies, along with Colonel Shining Armor and Captain Braeburn. The trio consistently mind controlled Ethereals in one try. Made me proud.

I don't have XCOM or anything cool like that, but last night I dusted off my copy of GalCiv II and for fun my empire is run by The Great and Powerful Trixie with the empire flag being her cutie mark. I'll try to remember to get a screen grab of this next time I can get access to my gaming computer.

Excellent, I like how it turned out!
    Cool, I have that game too. Let us know how that goes.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

11. - Top - End - #941
    Colossus in the Playground

So I wound up caving and tossing Easy as Lying up on FIMFiction just 'cause. Weirdly positive response so far too.

Someday I'll stop second guessing myself.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm a self-confessed terrible person, but the transition from happy to sad in that comic is so abrupt and dramatic that it reads as funny to me rather than sad. If the last panel weren't lit so differently and was just AJ with her eyes closed and a few hints of tears it would be heartbreaking, but what's presented is too over the top for me to take seriously.

Not to mention the strip doesn't even mention why she's sad. I mean, we as fans might know, given the popular fandom idea of her parents, but, still. Needs more panels. Saw one that had a similar theme and was longer, ending in her visiting their grave. Scootaloo was there for the same reason, and they embraced. Probably saw it here.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    So I wound up caving and tossing Easy as Lying up on FIMFiction just 'cause. Weirdly positive response so far too.

It gives people feelings. That makes them think it's good, even though it makes no sense and is hugely self-referential with your own universe that like 90% or more of your readers don't know anything about.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

14. - Top - End - #944

Someday?

Why mot RIGHT NOW?

15. - Top - End - #945
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    It gives people feelings. That makes them think it's good, even though it makes no sense and is hugely self-referential with your own universe that like 90% or more of your readers don't know anything about.
    It actually does make perfect sense (if and only if you're me.)

Someday?

Why mot RIGHT NOW?
    Because Mask is ascendant, and I'm going through a phase where I hate everything I write.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    The thirteen episodes are to form a mini-series:

My Little Applejack: Apples Are Awsome.
    Remember that for a future place and time. It would make a mean thread title.

The next will need to be more Season 3 focused, but after that.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Wait, then what are non-benders?
    Applejack. Super-late joke is somehow topical? SCORE.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

18. - Top - End - #948

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Applejack. Super-late joke is somehow topical? SCORE.
    Appropriate Response.

Hypothetical discussion time! You are given the reins of Hasbro, specifically the My Little Pony department. They plan to start an animation based off one fanfiction from the fandom. Your task is to choose that fiction. You control distribution, and so can choose whichever fic you like. Which fiction do you choose and why?

For my part, I would go with Fallout: Equestria. Yes, it's outside the normal pony image, and I could never watch it with my family, but it is one of the premier fics in the fandom and well deserving of the title. The only problem would be with getting the tone right; Littlepip has a very deadly sense of snark, and it would be difficult to translate first person, mental monologue, to third person viewing.

Plus, it would be as long as a few regular seasons.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-10-29 at 01:56 AM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ettin in the Playground

Glad you liked the XCom bit folks, might try a proper ironman playthrough next. See how badly I die.

So I'm going to be at PAX 2013 in Melbourne. Booked up and everything.

If any of you chumps are man enough to come to always sunny australia then hit me up for some kind of meetup/room lodging/supernatural mind meld. If I get enough people in one room I'll run a session of Diamonds and Guns.
    I don't know if I could make the trip (probably not sorry, but early days yet) but am wondering what PAX is all about? Comics? Will there be pony?

I have to agree, the sudden shift from Happyjack to Sadjack is a bit too jarring, it almost seems like a parody of the concept.

This one does it better imo:

Spoiler
    Show

Hypothetical discussion time! You are given the reins of Hasbro, specifically the My Little Pony department. They plan to start an animation based off one fanfiction from the fandom. Your task is to choose that fiction. You control distribution, and so can choose whichever fic you like. Which fiction do you choose and why?
    EDIT: Probably would like to see a more adventure type story like Dangerous Business, but with a wider plot than just the quest we see. Whole LotR/MLP crossover universe to play with gives alot of potential for further stories, an overarching plot, and maybe epic pony war scenes.

Battle for Minas Tirith Canterlot!!

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

None. I'd point out to the Hasbro execs that doing this would get the pants sued off of them and that it's a terrible idea.

That said, I recall Phatom Fox's "Sunny Skies All Day Long" being especially like an episode, so that would probably make for a good animation.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ettin in the Playground

None. I'd point out to the Hasbro execs that doing this would get the pants sued off of them and that it's a terrible idea.
    Shh, stop getting your realism in my hypothetical dreaming!

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

Appropriate Response.

For my part, I would go with Fallout: Equestria. Yes, it's outside the normal pony image, and I could never watch it with my family, but it is one of the premier fics in the fandom and well deserving of the title. The only problem would be with getting the tone right; Littlepip has a very deadly sense of snark, and it would be difficult to translate first person, mental monologue, to third person viewing.

Plus, it would be as long as a few regular seasons.
    Fallout Equestria was my first instinct as well and I can barely view it as fanfiction personally. Note that I'm referring to the original only. Project Horizons is horrible. Actually Pink Eyes is pretty amazing too.

Though for a more family friendly one I think seeing Phoe's little FlutterDash trilogy would be awesome. As narrated by Phoe of course.

That said, I recall Phatom Fox's "Sunny Skies All Day Long" being especially like an episode, so that would probably make for a good animation.
    Bah! Reality should stop raining on all of our parades.

Though let's say Hasbro actually did make an episode based off of your fanfiction.

Would you sue them?

Personally I wouldn't. I would ask for recognition in the writing but I wouldn't care about the money since I didn't expect any money in the first place. If they refused to recognize me, well that would upset me and I'd point out my original work all over the internet, but I still wouldn't sue them.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Troll in the Playground

[S3]

Spoiler
    Show
    Given title of one S3 episodes, looks like writers might ruin on part of fanon actually based on Faust's notes, and give us some lame reason AJ's parents were alive the whole time on farm, we just never saw them. Or just hiding. Or special agents or another tired cliche.

Not sure if want.

Also, do watch Wakfu. Similar target audience, it dealt with death, passing, and similar themes no holds barred. Right to the point even villains dying is very sad to audience.

Appropriate Response.

[non S3]

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd make Ditzy Doo series. Yes, name Lauren picked, not fanon D.H. Specifically to spite all the idiots issuing death threats to people who "dared" to defend small voice change and name omission. Give Der... Ditzy her female, not idiot male voice, make series follow better fanon stories of handicapped, yet bright and happy pegasus, not the drivel produced by people thinking disabilities are funny. Make a few Aeasops how normal impaired people/ponies are.

Yes, in case you can't tell, still bitter about fandumb.

Failing that, Trixie/Daring foil crossover Slayers-like series

There are a few very nice, long running fanon series, too, but unless you get Wakfu team to do them, they won't happen, every US producer will decline them out of hand as "too dark" or "not kiddy enough"
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

24. - Top - End - #954
    Spamalot in the Playground

Poor Applejack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Possible Season 3 Theory to answer above statements:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, one episode title for season 3 is "Apple Family Reunion". What if... what if we learn about AJ's parents in that episode? The title does set it up for us reall nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Kid's shows can deal with death, specially those of the educational sort. Its just rare. See: Farewell, Mr. Hooper
    Oh dear sweet Celestia, I remember watching that as a kid! I think that really was how I learned the concept of death. I recall my dad watching it too and commenting how its something we all deal with even as kids growing up.
    So yeah, what KPenguin said.

Your task is to choose that fiction. You control distribution, and so can choose whichever fic you like. Which fiction do you choose and why?
    Obviously I'd choose my own fiction
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd pick the series based on Trixie being down on her luck with her shows, then traveling out west to investigate who's impersonating her act. Trixie finds the pony, a pegasus inventor who needs someone good with magic to help stop a gang of Diamond Dogs from robbing the local gem mine. Trixie reluctantly agrees to help since she'll get paid, but as the two look into the motives of the gang, they start uncovering something bigger in the mines then just gems.

This one does it better imo:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm getting Heartfelt Happy tears from this one, not sad tears. Not a bad thing really, but it is just as good as you advertised. Inspires me to come up with some AJ/Scootaloo moments.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-10-29 at 06:30 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

25. - Top - End - #955

Possible Season 3 Theory to answer above statements:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, one episode title for season 3 is "Apple Family Reunion". What if... what if we learn about AJ's parents in that episode? The title does set it up for us reall nicely.
    Related to above spoiler, but not an actual S3 thing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    They did that to us before, though. Remember "Family Appreciation Day"?
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, so, I saw a spoilery video thingamajigger which probably has been linked at an earlier part of thread like a week ago. Response to that below, in my usual not-saying-of-value style.

Spoiler
    Show
    'Dat giant laughing monotone cloud thing, guys. That thing was awesome.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ettin in the Playground

Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-10-29 at 08:59 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

What, they're giving 8 minute previews now? That's pretty substantial

*SPOILERS*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ooooh ... Luna! Too bad she's not going instead of Cadance.

And great to see that King Sombra is just a regular unicorn and not an alicorn like everyone had been thinking (Edit: Well, sort of a regular unicorn, he still looks a bit freaky). I'm glad to see that.

And Celestia pulls off some flashy magic there. Good for her

That's about as far as my thoughts went.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-10-29 at 09:05 AM.

29. - Top - End - #959

I believe my reaction can be adequately summed up in two words, neither of which should reasonably be considered a spoiler:

Meep!

WANT.

Edit: Actually, no, there are a few other things.

Spoiler
    Show
    When Celestia first talked about moving to the next level, with Luna, I thought she was talking about Cadance and perhaps transformation to a High Alicorn or some such. But no, silly me, Cadance is just going along because they want to sell Crystal Empire toys and pink princess magic ponies sell toys.

Now that was an impressive demonstration. Especially when Celestia got that dark eyeandhorn aura.

I think I may be fixating on horns today. Looking at the shape of Sombra's when I was going "unicorn? really?", noticing a couple of times that Celestia's is really quite large...

I think I see, now, why Spike didn't do any singing in the past.

Edit2: Why did they do that couple days of downtime on this forum a while back, anyway? I've gotten lots more "server is too busy" messages since than before.
    Last edited by Kd7sov; 2012-10-29 at 09:28 AM.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I had other things to respond to, but last night was absolutely terrible for me... that said:

.... (S3)

Spoiler
    Show
    There is no time to waste!

*immediate song routine*

Now that I think about it.... (S3)

Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder if there's some kind of relationship between Twilight and Celestia & Luna, considering how much Celestia relies upon Twilight...

There's even a name scheme going on there with the 3 of them... although that might just be me pullin' at straws.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-29 at 09:42 AM.