New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Ace Investigations

Does the book mention the nature of the five items Bill's crew found? Are they swords, shields, amulets, etc?
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    As you guys head toward the leaning tower exit, Bolerum set up the rope in the high passage and stays there to help you all to get up. As you climb up he offer you his hand to help you into the hole and as you accept it and grab his hand, you enter an other transe.
    You see bolerum facing a 10 foot blue snake, which stand up like a cobra. Weirdly, the snake weild an axe. He doesnt have arms, but you know he is the one controlling the axe. The battle is fast paced and you see Bolerums fend off many attack using his own sword made of green and white radiant energy. After a few blow exchange, he loose his grip on his sword which falls to the ground and change form turning into a screaming young boy and Bolerum fall on his back. The snake doesnt hesitate and swing his axe, beheading Bolerums.
    You return to reality after about 20 seconds, feeling a little dizzy again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, I almost forgot about this lol.

How will you react to this (if you wantme using naration over it)? Or do you want me to post Ic about it so you can react and interact with other about it?.

you took 15 psychic damages over that vision.

Augury Question 1: Where can we find the priestess we seek?
    In Bord-Eau you'll find one with the courage needed.

Object Reading @ Dol Dorn Bible [roll0]
    Image 1: Authoring of the Book
    You see an human priest, with a tabard bearing the same symbol as the, sitting in a small room covered with maps that would be used for warfare. There is even a small model on a table.
    Image 2: Bill Acquiring the Book
    You see a middle aged Bill, a little younger than the one you've seen finding the book in some ancient ruined building, which probably was some temple from the look of it.
    Image 3: Owner Before Him Acquiring It
    You see a different man than the author, this one older and wearing some prestigious robe, more than likely an high priest.
    Image 4: Owner Before Him Acquiring It
    Same as above.
    Image 5: Owner Before Him Acquiring It

Object Reading @ Bill Foan's Journal [roll1]
    Image 1: Bill making is first entry
    Bill is quite young, you'd say in his early 20s, and wear the same robe as you've seen him before. He is in some room you've never seen. From the look of it, he is in a tower similar to the one you've explored, but this one have two windows on each side you cansee, which you've seen no such thing in what you explored.
    Image 2: Bill making his last entry
    The older version of the mage, wearing exactly the same robe and in the same you he was in your vision. Actually, you spot near the stairway the young man who interrupted him, bearing the sames wounds. You also see the prochecy book on the table, and ring and Jorge. It must have been written just after he produced the vision.
    Image 3: Bill making his second entry
    The young Bill is writting again in the same room your dont know. He is alone.
    Image 4: Bill making his second-to-last entry
    The older Bill is in the same room in the shadowfell. He isnt alone, some young human mage you've never seen is standing beside him The age on his face, which you'd guess being 16, doesnt match his gear.
    Image 5: Bill making his third entry

Object Reading @ The Prediction Book [roll2]
    Image 1: Bill making his First entry
    You see Bill, looking as old as you've ever seen him, in the shadowfell room. His is writting in the book, apparently copying from an other book. Many book are pilled up in the corner, and the few cover you see all bear the same symbol, a staff tope dwith a red eye.
    Image 2: Bill making his last entry
    What you see is nearly the same thing as the previous image, excet that he isnt at the same page in the book your now own, and he is copying it from an other book. you are certain it was done the same day as the first entry.
    Image 3: Bill making his second entry
    You can change this one if you want (if you dont, you see relatively the same thing - diffrent pages and all)
    Image 4: Bill making his second-to-last entry
    You can change this one if you want (if you dont, you see relatively the same thing - diffrent pages and all)
    Image 5: Bill making his third entry

Spoiler
    Show
    You still have two auguries to make

Also you may note that you got one more image per object reading than you should... this isnt a mistake on my part.
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2013-03-21 at 10:03 AM.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Second Augury Question: Can Bolerum's death be averted?

Ace is not going to mention his vision to Bolerum, keeping Bill's warning about spoiling someone's fate in mind. He'll make up some excuse about another trivial vision.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Second Augury Question: Can Bolerum's death be averted?
    It can. Beside the effect of time over the body, the rest is a question of timing.
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2013-01-12 at 06:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Third Augury Question: Who is the Traveler of Bill's predictions?
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Third Augury Question: Who is the Traveler of Bill's predictions?

The Traveler is the group that live on the road, rarely staying in the same place for long, living mostly of trade, songs and various entertainement. These are the roots of the predictions writer.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

During the 3 days to return to Bord-Eau :

July 24th, 1500 (night):
    On the first night, after your watch turn, when you go wake Bolerum, you are about to shake him awake, and when you put your hand on him, the world spin again.
    You see bolerum facing a 10 foot blue snake, which stand up like a cobra. Weirdly, the snake weild an axe. He doesnt have arms, but you know he is the one controlling the axe. The battle is fast paced and you see Bolerums fend off many attack using his own sword made of green and white radiant energy. After a few blow exchange, he loose his grip on his sword which falls to the ground and change form turning into a screaming your boy and Bolerum fall on his back. The snake doesnt hesitate and swing his axe, beheading Bolerums.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You took 14 Psichic damages (which you healed that night)

July 25th, 1500 (Morning) :
    You wake up refreshed, as you doest had any bad dreams that night.

July 25th, 1500 (Night) :
    You are facing some bonefire and from the fire comes a burning angel, who walk up to you and put an hand on your forehead. After a few seconds, he slowly retract his hand and say in an eery and solemn voice.
    "This will be best for everyone."
    As he say that, he rise his flaming sword high and in one quick swipe, bring it down in a overhead chop onto your head, right between your eyes.
    You wake up in sweat in your camp, surrounded by you friends, all sleeping except the one on watch.

Spoiler
    Show
    You had one less surge that day (doesnt matter as you sleep since)

July 26th (Night) :

You are walking in a vast open sky building, under a blazing sun. There is decorated columns here and there, that rise so high that you cannot even see where they ends. A relaxing silence surrounds you a you keep walking forward, in what seem like some path. After a few moments, you arrive at some huge bonefire. From the fire comes a burning angel, who walk up to you and put an hand on your forehead. After a few seconds, he slowly retract his hand and say in an eery and solemn voice.
    "This will be best for everyone."
    As he say that, he rise his flaming sword high and in one quick swipe, bring it down in a overhead chop onto your head, right between your eyes. You feel the weapon slice down thought your skull sensing all the intense pain as it slowly cut you in half.
    You wake up again shaken and with an headache.

Spoiler
    Show
    You will have two less surges this day (which counts as this is the day we will resume playing once I finaly write up the 3 days travel. (should be this morning)

If you have stuff you wanna do or try about these new informations during the travel, you can tell me here. Know that I'll give you all a chance to react to my Ic 3 days travel post too (to discuss and stuff, possibly do some retroactive stuff too).

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Beatrice Mcthor :
    While she isnt exactly as in your vision, you realise that she could be the one. It is hard to say as the vision priestess feature were exagerated a little.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Liana Brasseur :
    Like Beatrice, she can fit what you've seen in your vision, but it isnt a perfect match.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think I also forgot to answe rone of your quesitons about the 6 items of the Chest of never (the ones they found).

You can roll an history or insgiht check to see if you manage to get clues about them (Like with his allies, he was vague about them).

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM - (as you finish speaking with William) :
    When you are done talking with William Brasseur, he rise and shake everyone hands. As you clasp hand with him, you get an other vision.

You see William standing atop a pile of goblins corpses, covered in blood which seem to be from all the dead enemies. He seem happy and proud. Behind him, you see a large sun sculpture half broken. Before you eyes, the broken parts of the sculpture slowly fly back in place and after a few moments, the stone structure is repaired and like new.
    You come back to yourself nearly 20 seconds later with a worried William holding onto your shoulders to keep you steady, repeating your name and asking you if you are ok and asking what happened to you.

Spoiler
    Show
    As usual, you take some psychic damage (10).

In case you have not realised it yet, it seem to activate on touch (Antione have enough insight to know this). My question is will Antione refrain from touching people or keep acting normal?

Also, what does he reply to William after that event (I'll include it in my IC post when I narrate this)

Last edited by Dekkah; 2013-01-17 at 04:12 PM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Antoine shakes his head. My gift. When I touch people, I git vague visions a their future... but it hurts. Once yer lovely wife has gotten us inta the Pelor temple, I'll be able t'get my mentor's ring and the visions will stop killin' me. He pauses for a moment, wondering whether he should tell Brasseur of his vision. I think Pelor smiles upon your war with the goblins, Captain. Perhaps your wife will find somethin' of use t'you in the catacombs.
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    You did not tell me if you're gonna refrain from touching or not...

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

If we're leaving for Magdebourg tonight, I will refrain. If I get to extended rest before we leave, I will keep doing it; the info could be useful, even if it hurts.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, I asume you refrained until you meet with Flammemorte and knows when she have the time to teleport you.

BTW, if you want to voluntary touch someone, you can do it Ic (or tell me here).

BTW, you are aware that you kinda freeze when doing this and that your eyes turn white.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    When you'll find Grok, the half-orc will want to shake hand (as a friendly gesture).... do you let him do so or not?

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

How many surges do I have left, again?
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    You are at 32/42 with 4/6 surges.

You may have healed yourself already if you want (the 10 damage comes from touching William)

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

We have Bole's lay on hands, so yeah, I guess I will shake with Grok, but I'll warn him first that I might blank out.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, here is what he will say then to your warning... reply here,I'll cut and paste it IC later

Grok rise an eyebrow and stop his friendly motion. He ask with some curiosity and a touch of humour in his voice,
    "Blank out? Why, am I that intimidating?"

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

My gift is growin' stronger. I git visions when I touch people, s'all. It hurts, but hey, maybe I can tell ya somethin' useful 'bout yerself.
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grok
    The half-orc face becomes serious. He seem to ponder about the implication of this and to have some reservation, but in the end, his curiosity get the best of him,
    "As long as you tell me what you see."
    As you shake hand, you blank for about 20 seconds,
    You see Grok standing on some higher ground, overlooking some weird creature made of darkness. They are walking on a stone path pulling some cart. On the cart, there a cage filled with gold bars.
    Everything goes blurry a second and Grok is talking with the creatures, negociating and gaining a few gold bars from the cart.
    Once again, everything blurs and the merchant is speaking with some animated black stones.
    An other dizzying scene change and you see the animated black stones crash onto the darkness creatures, crushing them all, leaving Grok to walk up to the jail filled with gold rubbing his hands toggether.
    Spoiler
    Show
    What do you say to Grok?

Also, if you've played Prince of Persia game, you can see your vision simlar to the save point ones.
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2013-01-21 at 11:53 AM.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    And you took 9 Psychic damages.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

To Grok: I see... a business deal? With some shadowy beings, very insubstantial... but I think perhaps you've laid a trap fer 'em, as some manner a stone golem destroys 'em, allowin' you to access... a prison? I think it has gold in it. Sorry I can't tell y'all anythin' more specific, but may be that it makes more sense t'you than it does t'me.

Ace will also ask for some of Monique's healing magic, to help him cope with his visions (spend a surge + Majestic Word + Song of Rest = Full HP, right?)
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I think so... at worst yuou wold be 1 HP short, which the battle standard can complete.. SO you 'll be full hP with 3/6 Surges.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think so... at worst yuou wold be 1 HP short, which the battle standard can complete.. SO you 'll be full hP with 3/6 Surges.
    Then I will go for that. Might as well save myself a surge for free if I can.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I think you missed it in my spoiler, but if you wanted to gather more information from the text you've read in the log book (your question about the nature of the 5 found items), you can roll an history check.

(Note I posted it after your auguries... that is why you probably missed it)

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Will I get to roll that check again once I obtain my Class Change? If not, I would rather wait until my History modifier is higher .
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    since you spoke of it OOC, I may tell you that we actually are nearing the point where you will change class.
    Since I want to integrate this in the game, so it make sense and add some interesting story, here is what I thought of doing (You still can veto the idea now if you dont like it).

When you change your class (somehow - no telling to keep some surprise for you), you will loose all your sorcerer powers and truely become the new class (which actually was the class you were before the tragic event from your past). The thing is that you are still level 5 like the others, but with only powers and feat like a level 2 character : you simply dont have the level 4 feat, level 3 encounter and level 5 daily available yet, all the rest is working. The idea is that in your prior life you were a witch, but you did not learn them (you only rose to level 2 before doing the soul sacrifice) and will need to have some training from some wizard to complete your spell/feats repertoire (which only require a trainer and some time - no actual experience gain).

This may sound harsh, but it isnt, as I have already planned some downtime real soon in the game, where you will get a chance to train these if you find a mentor, and so the others do some stuff they might want to do (like Ritual learning for Monique, some research on stuff other found, etc.) The break is also a needed one for story logic, as you guys have been extremly busy and surely are starting to need some true rest lol.

How does this work for you?

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

That is fine, Ace can live without Divination Mastery, Colour Spray and Grasp of the Grave for a while. This will, in some respects, actually make him a worse diviner than he is now for a little while, but it will allow him to spend that down time learning rituals other than divinations.

Also, in the Witch fluff, it talks about Witches having a Patron that supplies their power kind of like a Warlock. I was thinking that Ace's patron is essentially Gill's memory, which is tied into his bloodbond and to Jorge. The patron thing is kind of important, because the Witch is allowed to retrain any spell he knows once per day, and that is how that is fluffed (your patron is giving you a new spell that day because you requested it instead), so he would be able to sort of "communicate" through time with Gill sometimes.
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    The patron thing being Gill's memory actually work quite well in the way we implemented this in the game.
    As you' ve noticed that you will gain Gill's familiar (that is why I asked how you would name your pet before lol) and should be your link to the diviner memories.

At first, I thought you needed a spellbook like other wizard, hence why you would need a wizard to complete your training. Since it isnt the case, you can take any arcane type mentor that is higher level than you to train you (basicly help you gain control and devellop your raw potential)