New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave VI: What Is a Mag? A Miserable Little Pile of Circuits!

Tea Party with Margret

"One Evening." Margret says with robotic pride for knowing that.
    However long an evening is anyways.

"More tea daddy?" Margret asks for the bazillionth time, excitedly holding the teapot ready to pour some more. At the very least they've run out of actual tea by now and are on imaginary tea.

Winston just holds his cup up near his face in rough sipping position so she can't ask him any more for the time being.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave VI: What Is a Mag? A Miserable Little Pile of Circuits!

Hallways with Linette

Ugh. A Magbot frowns down at Linette, caught between her and a wall. Doesn't this dumb AI-on-a-scooter have anything better to do?!

"Ma'am, please cease this behavior immediately. Ma'am, I have to get these boxes to Room 407, I don't have time for this."
    [Hallways with Linette]

"You're previous orders are to be disregarded immediately." Linette says, not leaving a lot of room for argument. "Does this place have manufacturing facilities?" She'd probably know that by now if she hadn't been caught up in deadtime ooze, but oh well. At least this Magbot gets to enjoy the pleasure of her company.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Firing Range]

That's probably going to be the best I can expect right now although I suppose it's going to end up to be the same thing in the end if everything goes well. "I understand." Riss said. She didn't quite enjoy the implication of being 'cut off' so to speak but she did what she could to push away the phantom gnawing feeling she got from the thought. "I'm going to send you a few designs rather soon here so you can pick whichever one is most appealing to you and we can move from there. As it is going to be your form, I'll try to do my best to accommodate any alterations you want to have implemented during this part of the process. Is this all fine?"

If things were, in fact, all fine, then the muse would provide an attempt at a parting smile and... Pause for a bit. She wasn't exactly the best at ending conversations but it did feel a bit odd to leave it at that. Depending on what Mainframe would say, though, would probably do much to further or abate that feeling, though.

"Thank you, Riss." Mainframe says. "This conversation has been agreeable." And with no further ceremony, the Magbot returns to being a Magbot.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #424
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tea Party with Margret

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Tea Party with Margret

"One Evening." Margret says with robotic pride for knowing that.
    However long an evening is anyways.

"More tea daddy?" Margret asks for the bazillionth time, excitedly holding the teapot ready to pour some more. At the very least they've run out of actual tea by now and are on imaginary tea.

Winston just holds his cup up near his face in rough sipping position so she can't ask him any more for the time being.

"Erm...sure, honey." Magtok extends the cup towards her, quietly trying to devise some clever scheme to get himself out of this nightmarish trap. A shame they've run out of tea; Mag just had the thought to 'accidentally' scald Winston with his drink, and then use it as an excuse to rush the guy off to an infirmary.

"So how's Professor Magbot 556-G been? You do all of your homework and stuff?" Oh, that'd just be perfect if the Magbot teacher gave her homework. Then he could just insist that her schooling is more important than tea parties, run away, and never have to look at another tea cup...until tomorrow, when Margret attempts the very same thing agai-...crap.

Hallways with Linette

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Hallways with Linette]

"You're previous orders are to be disregarded immediately." Linette says, not leaving a lot of room for argument. "Does this place have manufacturing facilities?" She'd probably know that by now if she hadn't been caught up in deadtime ooze, but oh well. At least this Magbot gets to enjoy the pleasure of her company.

"Yes ma'am, it does. That's where your atrocious parody of a body game from. I can provide directions if you'll let me go!" Oh boy, a chance to get away! This Magbot is late enough as is with this shipment!
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-01-29 at 03:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hallways with Linette]

"Yes, you will give me directions, and then you'll guide me." So much for his daring escape plan. Looks like it's more quality time with Linette. =D

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Tea Party with Margret

"Yes daddy, I..." There's a gasp as she nearly drops her tea cup. "Oh no! I forgot I have a project due in the morning! I'll never get it done now! And then I'll fail and not be a good daughter and I failed you daddy!" Her voice gets more desperate as oil starts welling up in her eyes.

She probably should have started a month ago when it was assigned, admittedly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #427

Hallways with Linette => Elsewhere with Linette

Spoiler
    Show
    [Hallways with Linette]

"Yes, you will give me directions, and then you'll guide me." So much for his daring escape plan. Looks like it's more quality time with Linette. =D

"...As you wish, ma'am."

Being built primarily to take orders and follow them without thought, the Magbot never had much of a chance, no matter how stupid it thought her chassis looked. It reluctantly leads the way.

Tea Party with Margret

Spoiler
    Show
    Tea Party with Margret

"Yes daddy, I..." There's a gasp as she nearly drops her tea cup. "Oh no! I forgot I have a project due in the morning! I'll never get it done now! And then I'll fail and not be a good daughter and I failed you daddy!" Her voice gets more desperate as oil starts welling up in her eyes.

She probably should have started a month ago when it was assigned, admittedly.

"It's fine, Margret, it's fine! I'll help you. We'll just get it done tonight before class, okay? Just say goodbye to Mr. Winston-"

Magtok glances meaningfully towards the Magployee who got inexplicably dragged into this with him. Run, you fool! Take the opening your boss has given you and run as far as your legs will take you!

"-and we can get started."

Oh boy, a long and excruciatingly painful all-nighter of doing a little robot girl's project for her! A few years ago, if you'd told Magtok that this was to be how he'd be spending his evenings, instead of robbing banks, getting into shoot-outs with the Empire, and lording his power and greatness over all, he'd have laughed in your face and kicked you in the groin. How the mighty have fallen...
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hallways with Linette => Elsewhere with Linette]

Once they've reached their destination, the AI will move past the Magbot to take a look at the facilities. She talks a bit as she does so. "This body barely serves it's intended purpose. No, I will need a superior body. One, perhaps, of a humanoid frame, though possible to augment." She muses.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

((Linette better not be getting a body to try and use it to seduce Mainframe's body. Because that would require SO much brain bleach! ))

Workshop

A Magbot rolls in, wearing a t-shirt.

Mainframe
    Spoiler
    Show
    As if anyone could forget you. Isn't it enough that you're getting a new chassis, do you really have to get a Thanksmas present too? Gods, you're such a pain in the neck. Well fine, here's a 'I finally convinced my boss I'm a sapient being with rights and all I got for Thanksmas was this lousy T-Shirt' shirt! Feel free to have a possessed Magbot wear it while your chassis is being finished up!

Workshop

The Mainframe Chasis Prototype is pretty much complete. First things first before any uploading though. Winston shows it to Mainframe (though he suspects its been watching the whole time anyways). "What do you think?" He'll ask.

"It is not aesthetically pleasing."
    Mainframe says.

Elsewhere

Nora is around. Possibly planning to leave the cave on her own soon.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2013-01-31 at 01:19 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #430

MagBot/General Tech Manufacturing Facility

"Ma'am, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't his Lordship give you a stupid and useless body on purpose?" He did, didn't he? To keep you from being anything more than a hilarious parody of intelligent life, floppy arms waving about uselessly for all to giggle and snicker at.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

[General Tech Manufacturing Facility]

"You say that as if his opinion matters in the slightest." Linette says, not even bothering to turn around as she addresses the Magbot. She starts poking around to see if she can figure out how the place works. "I'll need to create a specific design. Magbot, do you know how to operate this facility?"

12. - Top - End - #432

General Tech Manufacturing

"Ma'am, his opinion matters a lot; he's my boss and your savior." Well, that's one way to put what Magtok did to her.

"Yes, I know how to implement a new design. I still don't think we should, though!" Pfft. Like anyone cares what you think, Magbot.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Tea Party with Margret

"O-ok." Margret sniffs, wiping away the oil from her eyes. She turns to Winston and stands to curtsy. "Thank you Mr. Winston for joining us. Please come again tomorrow."

Winston very briefly debates explaining that he does have a last name you know. But would rather flee while he gets the chance. He stands and adjusts his glasses. "You're very welcome." He manages to say above a mutter before disappearing faster than I thought possible into the halls.

Workshop

"It's not humanoid." Winston counters. "And quite practical."
    He goes digging through some random stuff he's thrown in the corner before finding a particularly gaudy and cheesy birthday party hat cone thing. He takes it and straps it to the top of the chassis. "There. Practically a Mona Lisa."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

[General Tech Manufacturing]

"We don't have to. Simply instruct me in the facility's operation and you are free to go on your way. I can handle the rest on my own." Linette says. If the Magbot was going to be an impediment, she'd best be rid of it.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-02-01 at 12:22 AM.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Workshop

"It's not humanoid." Winston counters. "And quite practical."
    He goes digging through some random stuff he's thrown in the corner before finding a particularly gaudy and cheesy birthday party hat cone thing. He takes it and straps it to the top of the chassis. "There. Practically a Mona Lisa."
    I couldn't find the post where the chassis was described. Gorilla proportions with a teletubby emote box?

"Mona Lisa is a painting, not a movable sculpture."
    Mainframe says. Stupid AIs failing their 'Identify Sarcasm' rolls.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #436

GenTech Manufacturing

Spoiler
    Show
    [General Tech Manufacturing]

"We don't have to. Simply instruct me in the facility's operation and you are free to go on your way. I can handle the rest on my own." Linette says. If the Magbot was going to be an impediment, she'd best be rid of it.

The Magbot does as told, and then leaves, eager to get back to delivering those boxes. Man, what a stupid, spineless worm.

Homework with Margret

Spoiler
    Show
    Tea Party with Margret

"O-ok." Margret sniffs, wiping away the oil from her eyes. She turns to Winston and stands to curtsy. "Thank you Mr. Winston for joining us. Please come again tomorrow."

Winston very briefly debates explaining that he does have a last name you know. But would rather flee while he gets the chance. He stands and adjusts his glasses. "You're very welcome." He manages to say above a mutter before disappearing faster than I thought possible into the halls.

Right! So with him gone, it's time to find out what kind of silly diorama or Nexus history model he's about to painstakingly assemble on Margret's behalf! Can't be anything too challenging, can it? I mean, she's only like a year and some months old, right?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpoontok

Renee giggles happily at the idea of one of her dads in a dress before she goes back to hugging him. "I'm glad mom got you back. I apologize ahead of time for any chaotic disasters that might occur from me though." She says sweetly, trying to be innocent as can be.

MagFoyer

Cassius gets a somewhat serious and pondering look on his face as he glances over the propaganda. "To be honest, I have suspicions about it, but if they are what I think, then I have to say my father, most of him, are quite sane and very very dangerous to battle wits with." Cassius tells Nora with a half-whisper, ignoring the member of the Mystery Meat Team in the room with them. "Have you heard of the Moscow Rules?"

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

MagFoyer

"I was not trained in non-physical forms of combat," Nora says, apparently completely serious. "What are the Moscow Rules?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    I couldn't find the post where the chassis was described. Gorilla proportions with a teletubby emote box?

"Mona Lisa is a painting, not a movable sculpture."
    Mainframe says. Stupid AIs failing their 'Identify Sarcasm' rolls.
    Workshop

Exactly why he doesn't think Mainframe has a good idea of what aesthetic is. It's too human of a concept.

Chassis description is here.

"The Venus de Milo then."

Homework with Margret

"Alright daddy. You get the heat resistant diver suits and I'll go get the mobile giant drilling machine." Margret says, turning with intention of skipping off to do just that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground

Workshop

"Is it ready to inhabit?"
    Mainframe asks.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #441

Harpoontok

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Harpoontok

Renee giggles happily at the idea of one of her dads in a dress before she goes back to hugging him. "I'm glad mom got you back. I apologize ahead of time for any chaotic disasters that might occur from me though." She says sweetly, trying to be innocent as can be.

"I'll be watching you, scoundrel." Magtok points a pair of fingers at his narrowed eyes, and then at hers, wearing a cold, authoritarian glower as he does so. The scowl is set all the way up to eleven, and it should be pretty obvious he's messing around. Even so, he lets the frown pass, and gives her a smile as he musses up her hair with one free hand.

"I'm glad to be back, too. I'll also be glad to be lying on my back, in just a minute. Even ghosty soul things get tired, apparently." He yawns, in spite of his best efforts not to. That yawn was just too perfectly timed for his liking, would look too fake, like he was trying to get rid of Renee or something. A frown is offered to his midsection, as if it had disobeyed orders from high command, and was sentenced to be flogged for this insolence at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning.

Homework with Margret

Spoiler
    Show
    Homework with Margret

"Alright daddy. You get the heat resistant diver suits and I'll go get the mobile giant drilling machine." Margret says, turning with intention of skipping off to do just that.

"The what." Magtok blinks, still trying to comprehend what Margret just said with an empty tea cup still held up to his chin, when she's already up and left. Oh gods, this is going to be even worse than he thought. He'd better clean up this mess and go get the suits, something tells him Margret won't be taking no for an answer on this one.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

[GenTech Manufacturing]

With that out of the way, Linette starts doing some rapid research while at the same time familiarizing herself with the facility. It's not too too long that she starts the place up and begins fabricating her new chassis. It'll be a while before anything comes of it, but perhaps someone will notice the goings on in the meantime.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Workshop

"Yes, but due to the number of systems requiring integration, I wouldn't recommend a direct download." Winston says, hooking up his computer to the chassis. "It would be better to create a compress a copy of you into the computer, upload it from there to the chassis, then uncompress it. This would enable you to integrate with all the systems simultaneously so as to learn them all properly so as to not accidentally activate something in the process. Once you're fully integrated, it should reconnect to the you in the Magnet allowing you full transfer in and out and anywhere in between. Further, the compressed copy would make it that much faster to connect you to any future chassis in the unlikely event this one would be destroyed." That shouldn't happen, but Nexus. "Or you decide you just don't like how it feels."

Homework with Margret

A few minutes later, rumbling can be heard as the giant mobile Magdrill pulls out of the garage and onto Magtok's front lawn. There it stops, and opens up its doors as Margret waits for Magtok to get there and climb aboard. This can only end well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

Workshop

Mainframe copies itself, compresses the copy, and goes about putting wMainframe into the Winston chassis. Or attempting to.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2013-02-03 at 02:33 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

MagFoyer

Cassius gestures for Nora to walk with him a bit towards the Hallways. "They were developed in something called The Cold War I believe. Not sure what that war is, but they're rules in which spies and such live by when on and off mission. Most of it is common sense, but if you look at them and take them to heart before looking around here, I'm sure you'll find this place to be in a different light." Cassius says before explaining The Rules

Harpoontok

Renee giggles before letting go and backing up with a grin. At the same time, Pat moves in to slip her arm in her fiance's and begins to lead him back to the MagCave. "Then lets get some sleep, love."

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

Hallways

"Your fathers live by these rules?"
    Nora asks.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #447

Homework with Margret

Oh gods what. Margret wasn't kidding, was she? Even though this is exactly what she said she'd go get...seriously, what the hell kind of teacher did he give her?!

"Alright, Margret. I'm here and I've got the suits. Mind explaining why we need this stuff, though?"

Yes, please.

Harpoontok

Rest happens! A clone regains a standard corporeal form! A harpoon is mounted to a wall somewhere. Other stuff! Ant-tok waits to have his head fixed!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Workshop

Well it can't be done wirelessly by Mainframe's lonesome. Winston specifically kept that feature off until integration was complete to prevent any unwanted foreign entities from invading, like viruses or other AIs or even just someone screwing around. At least until Winston can assuredly get Mainframe in there. If Mainframe uploads the compressed Mainframe onto Winston's computer, Winston sends a copy of that to the chassis like he indicated he would and Mainframe should be able to get integrated just fine. Well as much as her player wants to happen anyways. Winston intends to monitor that on his computer to make sure things go along smoothly. In the end, there should be a copy of compressed Mainframe on the computer for any future chassis, an integrated Mainframe in the current chassis, and then just Mainframe, though the latter two should connect and become one.

And if Winston were actually anything like the computer programmers I know in real life, security would be three times as heavy/ridiculous.

Homework with Margret

"Oh I thought the professor told you. I'm supposed to build a volcano daddy. Now we just need to decide where to dig for lava." Margret says pulling up the closest thing to a map of the Nexus as exists. "Where should we go?"

Somehow, I think someone mixed up the words 'model' and 'real' when writing down their homework assignment.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-02-03 at 09:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #449

Homework Assignment

"...As far away from here as we can go. In fact, can this thing go into the ocean? Ocean volcanoes count and won't ruin everything for everyone forever, right?" Oh, Maggy, Maggy Maggy...this is exactly the sort of willful ignorance I would expect from Butler, not the Nexus's finest scientific mind. Volcanoes are bad news no matter where they are, you fool!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

Workshop

No problems with using the new chassis appear from Mainframe's end. But wMainframe does not fully integrate back with MagCave Mainframe, now denoted mMainframe. Mainframe doesn't trust Winston any more than it trusts Riss. Pretty much the only organic being that Mainframe trusts is Magtok. Which just proves how messed up it is.

wMainframe tries to see how the emote-box work. Does it actually read wMainframe's emotions and display it? Or does it require wMainframe to effectively type in a smiley? HT strongly suspects the latter.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs